FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» Breaking News- Kanchana to go to Qatar ; 2 more ministers off to Russia
by Beyondsenses Today at 8:13 am

» PM thanks President Biden for assuring US support to Sri Lanka
by Beyondsenses Today at 8:07 am

» අද රාත්‍රියෙන් පසු, යක්ෂයාගේ හෝරාව ඇරඹේ!
by Beyondsenses Today at 8:03 am

» Sri Lanka Stock Market heading toward ASPI 4500
by God Father Yesterday at 9:14 pm

» Why no power cuts in certain areas of Colombo?
by God Father Yesterday at 8:03 pm

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:49 am

» කොළඹ රාජකීය ගොල්ෆ් සමාජය විසින් රජයේ දේපළ අවභාවිත කිරීම
by ddindika Yesterday at 9:33 am

» LOLC to enter the giant Indian Market
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:17 am

» LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000)
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:46 am

» SOEs within Minimum Programme for Economic Recovery
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:44 am

» COVID WAVES: Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:36 am

» Luminex Limited lists on the Diri Savi Board after a capital raise of Rs. 250 Million
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:34 am

» Importance of Agroforestry for Sri Lanka
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Nivard Cabraal sets record straight on decision to allow flexibility to the rupee
by God Father Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:15 pm

» Baseless accusations against the former Governor Nivard Cabraal
by ChooBoy Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:44 pm

» Heavy losses at CPC whilst LIOC records profit
by ChooBoy Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:32 pm

» Misuse of government property by Royal Colombo Golf Club
by ChooBoy Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:52 pm

» SL Cauvery and Mannar Basins Petroleum Resource Data Revealed
by samaritan Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:00 pm

» Container shipping stocks routed
by target1 Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:32 pm

» Supply Chain Latest: Ocean Freight Rates Are Falling
by target1 Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:26 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Will PCH be benefited by this development???

Will PCH be benefited by this development???

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rmnihad

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Will PCH be benefited by this development???

http://www.adaderana.lk/news.php?nid=11678

optimistic

optimistic
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Without knowing who the supplier is for these laptops to the university students, it is hard to come to a conclusion that PCH will be benefitted by this news. PCH necessarily is not the sole agent of technological solutions for the government. Better to find more info on this matter.

mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics

metropolitan & softlogic dominate the laptop market. PCH missed that boat.

4Will PCH be benefited by this development???  Empty Copy Paste....PCH Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:08 pm

rmnihad

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Undergraduates to get laptops

Islandwide tele-workshops on e-media:

The Higher Education Ministry has planned to offer laptops to all university students and students in Higher Education Institutes, Higher Education Minster S B Dissanayake said yesterday.

Minister S B Dissanayake was addressing the Islandwide tele-workshop on e-media for Provincial journalists organized by the Mass Media and Information Ministry in collaboration with the Government Information Department at the National On-line Distance Education Service (NODES) Centre.

The Minister said the US Government has agreed to teach English to around 10,000 students in Sri Lanka through computer technology. It will help Lankan children enter the global arena, he added.

He noted that the Higher Education Ministry hopes to conduct a series of lectures for O-L and A-L students in the near future with the assistance of qualified lecturers using this method.

New technological methods are very important for journalists to gather correct information because they play a major role in society, the Minister said.

NODES TV web channel was also launched by the Higher Education Minister.

The Tele-workshops were held in 20 centres throughout the country. These centres are in Kandy, Anuradhapura, Peradeniya, Jaffna, Trincomalee, Gampaha, Moneragala, Rathnapura, Matara, and Katunayake. The inauguration ceremony was held at NODES centre in Colombo. They were attended by a large number of provincial journalists.

Source - Daily news 02-02-2011

madu1977

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Dear mono,
can u give any sources softlogic & metropolitan got that contract.

tubal

Mono is not saying Softlogic or Metropolitan got that contract, mono is just saying that those companies dominate the Laptop/notebook market (along with Keels). In fact, those three companies have a pretty large stake of the desktop market as well. Just ask the network guy at your office where your stuff comes from.

mono

mono

madu1977 wrote:Dear mono,
can u give any sources softlogic & metropolitan got that contract.

did i say that they got the contract?

Rolling Eyes

rmnihad

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

tubal wrote:Mono is not saying Softlogic or Metropolitan got that contract, mono is just saying that those companies dominate the Laptop/notebook market (along with Keels). In fact, those three companies have a pretty large stake of the desktop market as well. Just ask the network guy at your office where your stuff comes from.

As i mentioned i have link with IT industry, i would like to say Metropolitan is more famous for Office equipment such as photo copy, fax, and printers, Softlogic is have good share in mobile business(i only concern here softlogic's business which close to PCH business) PCH has fairly higher market share for Laptop and networking product such as routers, servers, and some it accessories.

tubal

rmnihad wrote:As i mentioned i have link with IT industry, i would like to say Metropolitan is more famous for Office equipment such as photo copy, fax, and printers, Softlogic is have good share in mobile business(i only concern here softlogic's business which close to PCH business) PCH has fairly higher market share for Laptop and networking product such as routers, servers, and some it accessories.

Ah yes, the accountant who asked that question about PER and bought shares without looking at the companies balance sheet. This above comment shows the link between you and the IT industry.

Router market is dominated by Eastlink and Sala.
Networking products market is also dominated by Eastlink and Sala. There are lots of smaller players here too.
Server market is dominated by Softlogic, IBM, HP and to a lesser extent by MIT.

And please also explain what exactly you mean by IT accessories?

mono

mono

rmnihad wrote:
tubal wrote:Mono is not saying Softlogic or Metropolitan got that contract, mono is just saying that those companies dominate the Laptop/notebook market (along with Keels). In fact, those three companies have a pretty large stake of the desktop market as well. Just ask the network guy at your office where your stuff comes from.

As i mentioned i have link with IT industry, i would like to say Metropolitan is more famous for Office equipment such as photo copy, fax, and printers, Softlogic is have good share in mobile business(i only concern here softlogic's business which close to PCH business) PCH has fairly higher market share for Laptop and networking product such as routers, servers, and some it accessories.

Lol! accountant cum IT professional. This is just a blatant lie you're peddling here. Tubal has said basically what needs to be said. I'm just going to reaffirm his comment.

11Will PCH be benefited by this development???  Empty @ MONO and TUBAL Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:30 am

rmnihad

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

mono wrote:
rmnihad wrote:

Lol! accountant cum IT professional. This is just a blatant lie you're peddling here. Tubal has said basically what needs to be said. I'm just going to reaffirm his comment.

GM,
Actually i am confused i should answer the to u or not.. i never told i am IT professional why u cant think i am working in IT company as Accountant??? or cant i have some friend or relation in leading IT company??? I never wanted to lie.. becos by lies i get nothing... even i didnt promote PCH... i feel i should refrain frm this site becos ppl here always with negative minds with suspicious.
All the best

12Will PCH be benefited by this development???  Empty @ TUBAL Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:35 am

rmnihad

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

tubal wrote:
rmnihad wrote:As i mentioned i have link with IT industry, i would like to say Metropolitan is more famous for Office equipment such as photo copy, fax, and printers, Softlogic is have good share in mobile business(i only concern here softlogic's business which close to PCH business) PCH has fairly higher market share for Laptop and networking product such as routers, servers, and some it accessories.

Ah yes, the accountant who asked that question about PER and bought shares without looking at the companies balance sheet. This above comment shows the link between you and the IT industry.

Router market is dominated by Eastlink and Sala.
Networking products market is also dominated by Eastlink and Sala. There are lots of smaller players here too.
Server market is dominated by Softlogic, IBM, HP and to a lesser extent by MIT.

And please also explain what exactly you mean by IT accessories?

can u prove what u said??
what is this HP??? is there any company in SL?? other than sole agent?? all u said above r baseless

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum