1. CTC (-6.34), BREW (-3.80), SLT (-2.35), DIST (-1.64), JKH (-2.89), CCS (-1.48), SPENSE (-1.06) AHUN (-0.88). The following shares impacted the ASPI collectively by Negative 20.44 points. The ASPI Index was down overall 20.80 points.
2. The Collective Market Capitalization of the above companies is approx Rs 563 Billion (usd 4.4 Billion). However, the collective turnover today of the above stocks was Rs 9 Million (usd 71,000).
Thus, Turnover : Capitalization Ratio of the above stocks today is Rs 9 million : Rs 563 Billion.
According to my calculator 1.598579 - 0.5 !
3. Total Turnover Today is Rs 1,076,238, 503 ( usd 8.5 Million approx). Turnover of above 8 shares to total turnover is Rs 9,000,000 : Rs 1,076,238,503 or .0084 %
4. From above, it is apparent that a few high market-cap shares trading in very low volumes has a huge impact on ASPI Index. Nothing new but nice to see the how the numbers tell the story !
5. Two things they should fix immediately to prevent manipulation (before Liquidity, Free Float and increasing # of Listed Companies) are :
a. Revert back to a seperate ODD LOT Board.
b. Real Time Volume Weighted Share Prices effect on the ASPI Index. (Not after market closure).