FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TIME TO CALL SLT ?
by sureshot Today at 7:42 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Yesterday at 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by blindhog Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:44 am

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

» KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000)
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:04 pm

» ARPICO INSURANCE PLC - Reports LKR 625mn loss for the FY2023
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:58 pm

» EXTERMINATORS PLC (EXT.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:59 am

» ALLIANCE FINANCE COMPANY PLC (ALLI.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:29 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:50 pm

» PINS (People's Insurance) will be another UAL
by sakuni Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:22 pm

» A New Record Price for One Tonne of Cocoa on the International Market
by ResearchMan Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:03 pm

» Access Engineering awarded two more contract packages at Colombo Port
by samansilva Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:05 pm

» FMCG Sector LMF, MEL and DIST
by buwr Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 am

» CEYLON GUARDIAN INVESTMENT TRUST PLC (GUAR)
by soileconomy Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:00 am

» RWSL - WATCH
by sureshot Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:39 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

‘Stop Bullying Sri Lanka, Said U.S. Congressman’

+11
Redbulls
VISA
timeout
kalum
Aubrey Perera
sahan8896
Whitebull
bullrun
salt
Arena
Slstock
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

“We should praise Sri Lanka’s work”

With the 22nd session of the UN Human Rights Council ongoing, political commentators stressed that a US Congressman has himself made representations that Sri Lanka should not be ‘bullied’ i.e: that double standards should not be applied with regard to the country.

Political commentators stressed U.S Congressman Eni F.H.Faleomavaega who had visited Sri Lanka, criticized the US double standard in its foreign policy towards Sri Lanka, and asked ‘what is the necessity for a resolution against Sri Lanka a small country Strategically important to USA, ’ during sessions of the US House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Asia and the Pacific recently.

He said: I have mentioned in my statement about the double standards that we are applying in as afar as violation of Human Rights and the sense that I have is why is the most powerful country in the world picking on a small little country like Sri Lanka- the size of West Virginia , 60,000 square miles with only 3 million people, the Congressman said.

Following is the full extract from portion of Congressman Eni F.H. Faleomavaega’s statement related to Sri Lanka at the hearing of the US House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Asia and the Pacific. February, 26,2013.

“The US simply cannot afford to lose Sri Lanka due to its strategic importance. Last week I had the privilege of visiting Sri Lanka and met with president Rajapaksa for more than 2 hours.

I also met with governor of the Northern Province. And personally visited Jaffna because I wanted to see for myself the post conflict developments since 2009,when Sri Lanka finally became the first country in the world to eradicate terrorism on its own soil, by defeating the Tamil Tigers – which remains listed as a terrorist organization by 32 countries including our own country Mr. Chairman, India , Canada and the members of the European Union , and dubbed by the FBI as one of the most ruthless terrorist organizations in the world.”

“After a 30-year terrorist conflict or war the challenges Sri Lankan government faces are enormous. But the strides the Government has made to rebuild in a way that establishes lasting peace and equality for all citizens should be firmly acknowledged.”

“The United States should join Australia in praising the work that Sri Lankan government has done in the North and East of the Island in such a short period since the war. As Australian deputy opposition leader Julie Bishops and the parliamentary delegation she led recently, stated on their visit.”

“Regrettably in the resolution it intendeds to submit again to the United Nations Human Rights council, the US fails to mention one , not even one positive development for Sri Lanka . Such failures suggest that the United States is not being even handed when it comes to dealing with sensitive human rights issues across the globe.”

“So I call upon my government, the United States of America to find a better way forward rather than using United Nations resolutions to destabilize developing nations like Sri Lanka while ignoring human rights Abuses in nations like Indonesia , where our geological strategic and military interests supersede our Human Rights Agenda.”

“The US led United Nations resolution should also be withdrawn for focusing only on the last few months of the war and failing to acknowledge therefore almost 30 years, Mr. Chairman, the Tamil Tigers hacked to death innocent men , women and children in Sri Lanka, carried out some 378 suicide attacks more than any other terrorist organization in the world.”

“We also do not need to criticize Sri Lanka for borrowing money from China. And by the way I was there Mr. Chairman .

In terms of our ability to provide assistance to these third world countries, China was able to provide Sri Lanka with 500 million dollars of low interest loans, for them to rebuild their sea port as well as a brand new international airport that I was there to witness….”

Secondly, Ranking Member Faleomavaega reiterated a number of his points from his opening remarks, raising concern over the double standard with which the U.S. Administration seems to approach human rights in the context of its foreign policy.

“I have mentioned in my statement about the double standards that we are applying in as afar as violation of Human Rights and the sense that I have is why is the most powerful country in the world picking on a small little country like Sri Lanka- the size of West Virginia , 60,000 square miles with only 3 million people- and yet in Sri Lanka we are talking about 21 million people living there.” “The serious question that I have is that for 27 or 29 years this country was in the state of civil war.

It is not a conflict. It is not the question of the Tamil people asking for more autonomy. We have to understand not all Tamils are members of this terrorist organization called the LTTE or the Tamil Tigers, that our government along with 32 other countries also categorized as a terrorist organization.”

“And in the process you are talking about for 27 years some eighty to hundred thousand Sri Lankans ended up dead. Lot of innocent men ,women and children”.

“What I am trying to seek here is that there also was a country that had civil war. It was the United States of America, for four years we ended up with 600,000 of our soldiers died form that terrible conflict.

Ant it was not the question of Southern States asking for more autonomy. They wanted to secede, pull away from the mother country , just like the Tamil Tigers wanted to do in their efforts in seeking this war against the Government .”

“My concern here is that we a looking at such a small little sequence, of this two or three months that now we are questioning .

And the reason why we have this resolution before the United Nations Human Rights Council, but forgetting the fact for 29 years that Sri Lankan government has had to deal with this terrorist organization that I just could not believe the atrocities that were committed by these people.”

“And now overnight we just thought that we’ve got to hit this resolution against them this is where my concern with double standards.”

“Our government to the 10 year period that we were in war in Vietnam .

In Vietnam Mr. Secretary, let’s ask the tens and thousands of women and children innocent civilians that we exposed to Agent Orange , when we were there for the ten year period . Let’s ask the people in Laos and Cambodia for the six million pounds of cluster bombs we dropped there, and these countered never declared war on us.”

“Where is the consistency in our standards as far as Human Rights are concerned .

We are pointing the finger at this little country Sri Lanka. and the thing that perhaps may be we need to clean up our own backyard , as suggested may be we be little more consistent , if we are going to do it against Sri Lanka. Let’s make sure that we are clean ourselves.”

“So I just need your comment on that as I ‘ve got only one minute left on this”

I know I‘ve only got, ten more seconds Mr. Secretary.

I just want to say, that was part of the subject that I discussed personally with the president of Sri Lanka, and he is concerned. In fact, he is spending more time on the Northern Province , and all the amount of resources their trying to do, to make this as part of the reconciliation process.”

http://www.dailynews.lk/2013/03/12/news01.asp

“Thank you Mr. Chairman.”

Arena

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Wow..........What a great man. Seems Our president has the correct person in favor.......................Well done

Last edited by Arena on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

salt

salt
Vice President - Equity Analytics

What we has a country don't do is to empower those powerful voices
That's where we fail on our irresponsibility in terms of diplomacy

bullrun

bullrun

Read more about this gentlemen

http://www.house.gov/faleomavaega/bio.shtml

Whitebull

It is nice to see atleast a one person who wants see the truth and who has courage to say it publicly.
Hope this will open eyes of our own bakapandiths.

Slstock

Slstock

Guys though this is good news for us ( and while admiring this gentleman) we will need to be balanced. Not blind. We should not get carried way too much . We ourselves have a lot more to do.

Any war with bloodshed cannot be all fair. For America or Sri Lanka. No one can deny absolutely no injustice happened. America in their own wars or Sri Lanka .

I am very grateful to America for educating me and showing me lot of good things in life which I could have not seen/experienced otherwise.

But I do not like the way America behaves at time to be smart ass when they too have blood on their hands. They are not also a clean nation with regard to war to be dictating terms to Sri Lanka.

In anycase Sri Lanka needs to act smart ( not be pig headed) and follow the reconciliations process not because other countries say so but for our own countries /peoples good.

sahan8896

slstock wrote:Guys though this is good news for us ( and while admiring this gentleman) we will need to be balanced. Not blind. We should not get carried way too much . We ourselves have a lot more to do.

Any war with bloodshed cannot be all fair. For America or Sri Lanka. No one can deny absolutely no injustice happened. America in their own wars or Sri Lanka .

I am very grateful to America for educating me and showing me lot of good things in life which I could have not seen/experienced otherwise.

But I do not like the way America behaves at time to be smart ass when they too have blood on their hands. They are not also a clean nation with regard to war to be dictating terms to Sri Lanka.

In anycase Sri Lanka needs to act smart ( not be pig headed) and follow the reconciliations process not because other countries say so but for our own countries /peoples good.
Well said.Problem is no real actions yet only press conferences.

Whitebull

slstock wrote:Guys though this is good news for us ( and while admiring this gentleman) we will need to be balanced. Not blind. We should not get carried way too much . We ourselves have a lot more to do.

I think this gentleman's view is balanced one.He contempts the double face action of USA towards other countries.We,who live in this country know how much work government is doing in North and East area.Actually they are doing lot more work in there than in south where their majority of voters live.People in South still have kept their belts tightened.
If there is war with weapons there will definitely be blood shed....It is unavoidable.(We should not live in a mentally created dreamy world)...If troops have not deliberately harm the civilions and have taken considerable steps to avoid the harm to the civilions then that war is acceptable considering the cause for the war is justifiable.We have seen how LTTE terrorists kept civilions as a shield and how army act to rescue those civilions/how army restricted the using of heavy weapons to reduce the harm to civillions while attacking the terrorists.

Slstock

Slstock

Whitebull, am not talking about this gentlemans view but our view to be balanced.

Whitebull wrote:

I think this gentleman's view is balanced one.He contempts the double face action of USA towards other countries.We,who live in this country know how much work government is doing in North and East area.Actually they are doing lot more work in there than in south where their majority of voters live.People in South still have kept their belts tightened.
If there is war with weapons there will definitely be blood shed....It is unavoidable.(We should not live in a mentally created dreamy world)...If troops have not deliberately harm the civilions and have taken considerable steps to avoid the harm to the civilions then that war is acceptable considering the cause for the war is justifiable.We have seen how LTTE terrorists kept civilions as a shield and how army act to rescue those civilions/how army restricted the using of heavy weapons to reduce the harm to civillions while attacking the terrorists.

Whitebull

slstock wrote:Whitebull, am not talking about this gentlemans view but our view to be balanced.

Whitebull wrote:

I agreed.Most of our people still have unbalanced view as still they have not understood the real problem.Of course some are acting for other benefits.That is why I have mentioned in my first post atleast this gentlemen's view may open the eyes of our people.

Aubrey Perera

We salute u congressman finaly said the way it's supposed to be told.

kalum

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Faleomavaega - hat's off to you sir.

i wonder why as a country our dirty politicians cant stand informant of the international and educate non-educated so called Europeans regarding our country,culture,past and present situation. I strongly believe we don't need interference. there is a democracy here. if we see issues, we are able to elect another ruler, it should not be 3rd party responsibility anyway!

timeout

timeout
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Faleomavaega has no vote in the house; he's just a "feel good" congressman from the American commonwealth and not from a state. There are many others just like him without any real weight or clout in the Capitol Hill, just to make people from those tiny islands feel that they are part of the US.
But where it really matters, both in the house and in the senate, power brokers feel that the resolution is the correct move. Some of the high ranking members in the senate foreign relations committee are asking for a clear change in policy towards Sri Lanka and make Sri Lanka accountable. Whether anybody likes it or not, US will tighten the noose until they get what they want. Some can strongly disagree with that strategy, and might ask for a level playing field. But Sri Lanka needs to understand power and clout are not given, it is taken. If they need a level playing field, they need to create it and earn it. Instead of blaming the US for courting Tamil demands, Sri Lanka needs to engage the power players positively, work-out a compromise, keep good of the promises they made and build a strong case for Sri Lanka with the US politicians. They need to open an ear in the White House and with the powerful senators.
Diaspora Tamils courting the powerful US political establishment while Sri Lankan leaders courting the increasingly dwindling number of dictators will gain nothing for Sri Lanka, only more road blocks. This is clearly apparent in Geneva today. Either Sri Lankan leaders need to go back to diplomacy 101 or agonizingly wait for the air to cutoff.

VISA

no one asia vote for the last resolution(2012) except India. Malaysia,jordan and Kyrgyzstan abstain. So US and India know Asia is not happy with US policy on Sri lanka at time US is looking towards east and not to west. American Samoa is more close to Asia than US. so US will get some sort of message for these remarks.

Redbulls

Redbulls

timeout wrote:Faleomavaega has no vote in the house; he's just a "feel good" congressman from the American commonwealth and not from a state. There are many others just like him without any real weight or clout in the Capitol Hill, just to make people from those tiny islands feel that they are part of the US.
But where it really matters, both in the house and in the senate, power brokers feel that the resolution is the correct move. Some of the high ranking members in the senate foreign relations committee are asking for a clear change in policy towards Sri Lanka and make Sri Lanka accountable. Whether anybody likes it or not, US will tighten the noose until they get what they want. Some can strongly disagree with that strategy, and might ask for a level playing field. But Sri Lanka needs to understand power and clout are not given, it is taken. If they need a level playing field, they need to create it and earn it. Instead of blaming the US for courting Tamil demands, Sri Lanka needs to engage the power players positively, work-out a compromise, keep good of the promises they made and build a strong case for Sri Lanka with the US politicians. They need to open an ear in the White House and with the powerful senators.
Diaspora Tamils courting the powerful US political establishment while Sri Lankan leaders courting the increasingly dwindling number of dictators will gain nothing for Sri Lanka, only more road blocks. This is clearly apparent in Geneva today. Either Sri Lankan leaders need to go back to diplomacy 101 or agonizingly wait for the air to cutoff.

Thanks, but you are wasting the time with these guys who are already biased.
Those who speak for their benifit these guys, will carry him or them on their heads with out realising (or pretending).
Those who speak different to their view they will mudsling or impeach or find a small point to imprison or worst come to worst send the white van.

Whitebull

Redbulls wrote:
timeout wrote:Faleomavaega has no vote in the house; he's just a "feel good" congressman from the American commonwealth and not from a state. There are many others just like him without any real weight or clout in the Capitol Hill, just to make people from those tiny islands feel that they are part of the US.

Thanks, but you are wasting the time with these guys who are already biased.
Those who speak for their benifit these guys, will carry him or them on their heads with out realising (or pretending).
Those who speak different to their view they will mudsling or impeach or find a small point to imprison or worst come to worst send the white van.
I like your comments as it gives us idea of tamil separists....how they exagerrate real situation...how they try to mudsling the country as a whole....how they motivate the other communities against our country....It is realy worth...

Whitebull

There is a difference between diplomacy and නිවටකම.....

Liber Abaci

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

All the forum members commented above , are in agreement with Mr Faleomavaega, the American Congressman, have full praise about his speech and despise the US Govt action on Sri Lanka. Since there are no contrary opinions, it seems most of the forum members are also of the same view.

However, please carefully read and analyze the speech of the Congressman . He criticizes the behavior of US Government in certain situations in the past ( civil war ,Vietnam, Indonezia ..) and opined how it should be in the future. This is what he says specifically, on US Govt behavior with Sri Lankan Government authorities.

1. US simply cannot afford to lose Sri Lanka due to its strategic importance
2. The United States should praise the work that Sri Lankan government has done in the North and East
3. In the proposed resolution …US fails to mention one , not even one positive development for Sri Lanka
4. Calls upon a better way forward (with SL Government ) rather than UN resolution
5. resolution should also be withdrawn for focusing only on the last few months of the war and failing to acknowledge therefore almost 30 years
6. “We also do not need to criticize Sri Lanka for borrowing money from China

Now, let’s look at the BASIC facts relating to the current issue.
Actually the issue relates to a proposed Resolution, at UNHRC session being held in Geneva these days. This proposed resolution (as well as the resolution adapted at UNHRC last year) request the Government of Sri Lanka , to implement the recommendations of a Commission (LLRC), appointed by the President of Sri Lanka in May 2010, three years ago .
This commission headed by aformer Attorney General comprised of 8 members hand picked by the President of Sri Lanka. Report and recommendations of this Commission has been accepted by the President, approved by Cabinet of Ministers as well as Members of Parliament. About a year ago, a committee headed by Secretary to the President ,has been appointed to work out modalities in implementation.
If the US sponsored resolution is adapted , UNHRC is also asking to implement the recommendations of the LLRC, commission.

The Congressman doesn’t say anything specific about LLRC, and the UNHRC resolution is basically on implementation of LLRC recommendations .
So......, there is nothing in conflict, here .

Then....., what’s all this fuss about ?

The Alchemist

Liber Abaci wrote:All the forum members commented above , are in agreement with Mr Faleomavaega, the American Congressman, have full praise about his speech and despise the US Govt action on Sri Lanka. Since there are no contrary opinions, it seems most of the forum members are also of the same view.

However, please carefully read and analyze the speech of the Congressman . He criticizes the behavior of US Government in certain situations in the past ( civil war ,Vietnam, Indonezia ..) and opined how it should be in the future. This is what he says specifically, on US Govt behavior with Sri Lankan Government authorities.

1. US simply cannot afford to lose Sri Lanka due to its strategic importance
2. The United States should praise the work that Sri Lankan government has done in the North and East
3. In the proposed resolution …US fails to mention one , not even one positive development for Sri Lanka
4. Calls upon a better way forward (with SL Government ) rather than UN resolution
5. resolution should also be withdrawn for focusing only on the last few months of the war and failing to acknowledge therefore almost 30 years
6. “We also do not need to criticize Sri Lanka for borrowing money from China

Now, let’s look at the BASIC facts relating to the current issue.
Actually the issue relates to a proposed Resolution, at UNHRC session being held in Geneva these days. This proposed resolution (as well as the resolution adapted at UNHRC last year) request the Government of Sri Lanka , to implement the recommendations of a Commission (LLRC), appointed by the President of Sri Lanka in May 2010, three years ago .
This commission headed by aformer Attorney General comprised of 8 members hand picked by the President of Sri Lanka. Report and recommendations of this Commission has been accepted by the President, approved by Cabinet of Ministers as well as Members of Parliament. About a year ago, a committee headed by Secretary to the President ,has been appointed to work out modalities in implementation.
If the US sponsored resolution is adapted , UNHRC is also asking to implement the recommendations of the LLRC, commission.

The Congressman doesn’t say anything specific about LLRC, and the UNHRC resolution is basically on implementation of LLRC recommendations .
So......, there is nothing in conflict, here .

Then....., what’s all this fuss about ?

http://www.keywiki.org/images/5/54/Eni_Faleomavaega.jpg

Have you seen his picture ? ! Hmmn Is he related !! Smile Step Brothers maybe....... Actually his name Faleomavaega sounds like "fail may wagey" in the vernicular too !

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Post independence era majority of Sri Lankans prefer the left wing oriented political view. It doesn’t matter SLPA, UNP or JVP, majority of the general public still think America as an enemy. Unfortunately our politicians also do not want change this attitude from us. The only clear exception we had in the past was JRJ’s regime. However due to various reasons he failed to get the Yankee support when the country wanted it most.

We were confused by Soviets lead communist countries. (There were few good thing but many bad things happened because of this).

Things has changed now except few countries such Sri Lanka. Sadly we are still holding the anti-western slogans. OK I agree it’s extremely difficult to get support from countries like Canada due to their internal pressure from Tamil diaspora. But we should cooperate with Americans (or at least not go against them all the time).
If we agree with one thing we will get something else what we need. That’s how it works with Americans. They will not give/offer anything for free.

Whitebull

UKboy wrote:Post independence era majority of Sri Lankans prefer the left wing oriented political view. It doesn’t matter SLPA, UNP or JVP, majority of the general public still think America as an enemy. Unfortunately our politicians also do not want change this attitude from us. The only clear exception we had in the past was JRJ’s regime. However due to various reasons he failed to get the Yankee support when the country wanted it most.

We were confused by Soviets lead communist countries. (There were few good thing but many bad things happened because of this).

Things has changed now except few countries such Sri Lanka. Sadly we are still holding the anti-western slogans. OK I agree it’s extremely difficult to get support from countries like Canada due to their internal pressure from Tamil diaspora. But we should cooperate with Americans (or at least not go against them all the time).
If we agree with one thing we will get something else what we need. That’s how it works with Americans. They will not give/offer anything for free.
If we go on talking about JR regime it would be an endless one but I have to mention one thing that is Due to his poor diplomacy with India and more favourism towards the USA LTTE became strong from support of India and that poor diplomacy with India saved the life of Prabhakaran when he was cornered which leads another 20years war.
When making friends with international community I think we should select friends who will not interfere with our internal affairs.....It does not really matters whether it is communist country or any other country. We should not be a puppet government of any other country whether it is USA,Russia,China or India.
In my opinion USA is too much interfering with other countries affairs especially where there is no puppet government. So I like to keep them at hand distance without making them our enemies.

Redbulls

Redbulls

Whitebull wrote:
UKboy wrote:Post independence era majority of Sri Lankans prefer the left wing oriented political view. It doesn’t matter SLPA, UNP or JVP, majority of the general public still think America as an enemy. Unfortunately our politicians also do not want change this attitude from us. The only clear exception we had in the past was JRJ’s regime. However due to various reasons he failed to get the Yankee support when the country wanted it most.

If we go on talking about JR regime it would be an endless one but I have to mention one thing that is Due to his poor diplomacy with India and more favourism towards the USA LTTE became strong from support of India and that poor diplomacy with India saved the life of Prabhakaran when he was cornered which leads another 20years war.
When making friends with international community I think we should select friends who will not interfere with our internal affairs.....It does not really matters whether it is communist country or any other country. We should not be a puppet government of any other country whether it is USA,Russia,China or India.
In my opinion USA is too much interfering with other countries affairs especially where there is no puppet government. So I like to keep them at hand distance without making them our enemies.

All over the world know very well the war was won with the help of USA, India, China, Pakistan, Russia and other countries.
To get help from them MR regime promised a lot (Political solution etc etc) and after winning the war started to decive them.(may be he thought they are like the modayas those who voted for him)

Whitebull

Redbulls wrote:
Whitebull wrote:

All over the world know very well the war was won with the help of USA, India, China, Pakistan, Russia and other countries.
To get help from them MR regime promised a lot (Political solution etc etc) and after winning the war started to decive them.(may be he thought they are like the modayas those who voted for him)
Can you specifically mention what help USA has given except donating that ship without firing capability and banning LTTE but giving opportunity for fundraising?

Redbulls

Redbulls

Whitebull wrote:
Redbulls wrote:
Whitebull wrote:

Can you specifically mention what help USA has given except donating that ship without firing capability and banning LTTE but giving opportunity for fundraising?

If you do not know properly about how the war was concluded, then better to ask your friends in the power they will disclose all the helps what they got from each country. Obviously they can't tell all those help in front of the public because already they made an image that the war only won by themself.

Whitebull

Redbulls wrote:
Whitebull wrote:
Redbulls wrote:
Whitebull wrote:

If you do not know properly about how the war was concluded, then better to ask your friends in the power they will disclose all the helps what they got from each country. Obviously they can't tell all those help in front of the public because already they made an image that the war only won by themself.
You seems to be know very well don't you ? So tell me/us atleast what USA did without playing around the bush ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum