FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

CLND & their 3rd project in Colombo city.

+4
salt
stockboy
WildBear
UKboy
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Do you guys know more about their 3rd project which was assigned to CLND during early 1980s? As per that agreement UDA should allocate a total of 13 acre prime land in Colombo city to CLND and then they should develop properties. All the government institutes in these lands will be relocated.

Do you guys think this will be a reality at somepoint? Or will it be lead to a long lasting court case? Is this an irreversible agreement?

So far I don’t have any CLND shares & just tempting to buy at these prices…..

However its always worth to have a 3rd person's view.

Thanks all.

I’m not much interested about their current financial status. The most trust source of mine said not to look at those by now due to people behind this company.

Project 1 = peoples park
project 2 = Liberty plaza

WildBear

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

By looking at the calibre of top 20 share holders, Getting land is not a problem at all for them. If you think CLND price is high, we can enter CLND via CITK which hold CLND but now trading at 50 % to it's NAV.

stockboy

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

5 acres already handed over to CLND at peoples park rest of land will clear due course. massive mall and apartment due to construct there.stock will definitely move over 50 by next three months

salt

salt
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Give us some more details

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

WildBear wrote:By looking at the calibre of top 20 share holders, Getting land is not a problem at all for them. If you think CLND price is high, we can enter CLND via CITK which hold CLND but now trading at 50 % to it's NAV.

Good point. cost of CLND through CITK is very much less.

( That is why I collected inch by inch of that cow dung filled bear land at kalpitiya during last few months. When you buy a muddy arid land at kalpitiya they give you Colombo land free of charge)

marusira

UKboy wrote:Do you guys know more about their 3rd project which was assigned to CLND during early 1980s? As per that agreement UDA should allocate a total of 13 acre prime land in Colombo city to CLND and then they should develop properties. All the government institutes in these lands will be relocated.

Do you guys think this will be a reality at somepoint? Or will it be lead to a long lasting court case? Is this an irreversible agreement?

So far I don’t have any CLND shares & just tempting to buy at these prices…..

However its always worth to have a 3rd person's view.

Thanks all.

I’m not much interested about their current financial status. The most trust source of mine said not to look at those by now due to people behind this company.

Project 1 = peoples park
project 2 = Liberty plaza
නඩු වලට බය වෙන්න නාකයි.උසාවිය Deleted මහත්තයලගේනේ ..........
deleted කළු සල්ලි සුදු කරන කෙනා කියල කලින් කතාවකුත් ගියේ ...
මෙව්ව් දිහා බැලුවම ...
ඔව්වත් වැඩද මල්ලි ඔව්වත් වැඩද ......................

seek

IPO and PP money raised by CITK has used to buy CLND shares. They should sell that stake or go for a massive right issue to raise funds for constructing villas. There is no point of talking about the validity of the budjet now. So CITK cannot have both Villas and CLND in their portfolio. Buying CITK eyeing CLND seems not logical.

Chinwi

Chinwi

seek wrote:IPO and PP money raised by CITK has used to buy CLND shares. They should sell that stake or go for a massive right issue to raise funds for constructing villas. There is no point of talking about the validity of the budjet now. So CITK cannot have both Villas and CLND in their portfolio. Buying CITK eyeing CLND seems not logical.

Yes. I also should agree with you and that was the initial understanding about this topic by many of us.

Later we found in their cashflow plan (in the offer doc I think ) they have clearly put CLND investment as long term. They are to find other means to find cash for construction .
Their CLND investment money is shown continuously for year 2011 to 2018 without changing a cent, if I remember correctly.

They have even gone in to explaining this unorthodox way of investing, I think in the same document. The reason given was something like "cushioning any loss or delay of return from kalpitiya development. "
i.e. they were expecting a big income from CLND investment before getting any return from actual project.

BTW, construction work of the 2nd phase of Liberty Plaza ( located behind the first building along the Duplication Road) is going on. 3 Stories of concrete Superstructure (excluding partitions) is almost finish .

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Ukboy,

I will let others to comment about details. But logivcally the point I am thinking is this.

Why does politically connected parties purchase CLND ( saying it is for long term) at Rs 20+ if they do not see some hidden benefit of this. Looking at their investment styles they would be disposing/trading CLND if it does not fit their "long term plans". We seen how thay have done this before.

In anycase I will not jump and put all my money in CLND . If we look at Land sector, there are more solid comp[anies with sure earnings and better valuations as you know. But CLND has been hot for speculation even before take over and not even more with the parties involved.

seek

I've not looked at all property companies in detail but CSD, COMD, CABO and KDL are out of focus due to various reasons.

UKboy

UKboy

Thanks for all you your valuable thoughts.
@wildbear ,Chinwi , slstock & seek
Thanks for enlighten me the option to purchase CLND via CITK & also the risk around that. Buying CITK was not something in my mind before. I need to go through the files and digest the facts a bit more. I was told (my source) that once DJ bought CLND shares at a low price and sold those to CITK at a higher price. That led to drain all IPO money from CITK

The best part with CLND is, as per the agreement still Singaporean investors should bring their own money ( or borrow from local banks) to develop these properties in Colombo under CLND.

Risk of a CLND right issue is relatively low as don’t think UDA ,Dr Godahewa & DJs group will ready invest their own money or borrow money. Its fair to assume that the local parties will go against any right issue proposal in the board room. That’s my personnel view. Can be wrong.

Stockboy. Thanks for the info. Need to check it and confirm.

There was a plan to build an apratment complex at the Kollupitiya market place.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t26649-colombo-land-eyes-kollupitiya-market-development

PS.
Mr M.U.M Ali Sabry (Director) starts buying back CLND shares. He had sold a considerable amount over 50.

12CLND & their 3rd project in Colombo city. Empty Liberty Square in Pettah Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:23 pm

UKboy

UKboy

Liberty Square in Pettah

http://colomboland.com/developments/pettah-commercial-development.html

The Liberty Square proposes a complete urban renewal to an area of Colombo that would have a dramatic impact not only on the site itself, but also on the surrounding urban landscape. Under phase 1 of the proposal, 49 commercial sites would be built facing the city streets. Each lot would have a front face that would interact with the city and a back lane for additional parking and servicing. The city streets would immediately be transformed by the new facade that would address pedestrian traffic and vehicular traffic alike. Such beautification would promote development in adjacent sites facing the road, with this development being a catalyst to a larger urban renewal in Pettah. Each site would be on a typical plot of 6 meters width and a length of 20 meters. On each site would be a building of four to five storeys and a semi basement accessed from a back lane. Each building would be built adjacent to each other, in a modernized rowhouse fashion. To avoid a wall like effect in such a linear development, plots would vary in heights. In addition, some of the buildings would have void decks to allow for view corridors, pedestrian circulation, and an opportunity for a city verandah for cafes, public seating and covered outdoor activities. Each building facade along the site would present an opportunity to project a unique identity. With options to combine sites, those who would have a need for larger spaces are accommodated.

A central parking podium would consist of 3 storeys and a semi basement which would house additional parking. In the next phase this podium site would be developed as a commercial site of a larger scale, such as a retail mall.

CLND & their 3rd project in Colombo city. Pettah11

CLND & their 3rd project in Colombo city. Pettah12

http://www.dailynews.lk/2013/02/21/bus03.asp

Cons- Dont know when this become a reality.
Note: I do have both CLND & REEF.W (purchased recently)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum