FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

GL clashes with Canadian Senator over CJ impeachment Vote_lcap68%GL clashes with Canadian Senator over CJ impeachment Vote_rcap 68% [ 178 ]
GL clashes with Canadian Senator over CJ impeachment Vote_lcap18%GL clashes with Canadian Senator over CJ impeachment Vote_rcap 18% [ 47 ]
GL clashes with Canadian Senator over CJ impeachment Vote_lcap13%GL clashes with Canadian Senator over CJ impeachment Vote_rcap 13% [ 35 ]

Total Votes : 260

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » DAILY CHRONICLE™ » GL clashes with Canadian Senator over CJ impeachment

GL clashes with Canadian Senator over CJ impeachment

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
A heated exchange took place at a guest-lecture by visiting Canadian Senator Hugh Segal at the Lakshman Kadirgamar Institute yesterday when the impeachment of Chief Justice Dr. Shirani Bandaranayake arose during the ensuing question and answer session.

Responding to a journalist, Senator Segal said the Canadian Federal Court and the Supreme Court had given many rulings against the Canadian Government on the issue of the ‘first nations’, which constitute four percent of the total population.

“We [the government] have suffered as a matter from our courts but we didn’t impeach the Chief Justice as a result,” the Senator said.

Making his closing remarks External Affairs Minister Prof. G.L Peiris lashed out at Mr. Segal for his comment on the impeachment.

“I take exception to this remark which was the only unwarranted and inappropriate remark made. Had I not been your host I would have reacted more sharply. I would not have dreamt of making such a remark if I were visiting your country. I am appalled and taken aback by it because there is no nexus in this,” Prof. Peiris said. (Hafeel Farisz and Lahiru Pothmulla)
http://www.dailymirror.lk/top-story/27106-gl-clashes-with-canadian-senator-over-cj-impeachment-.html

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum