FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» TRUE VALUE OF LANKA ALUMINUM INDUSTRY (LALU)
by Trading Jockey Today at 9:48 am

» GALORE OF GOOD NEWS TO THE CSE
by samaritan Today at 9:41 am

» Game Changed! SUPER GREEN
by Chathur Today at 9:25 am

» CSE - The World's best performer!
by Vishwanarth Today at 9:18 am

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Promoney Today at 8:27 am

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Eranga87 Today at 1:54 am

» IS it right time to stick to warren buffett's most famous saying ???
by kasun_gimhana Today at 12:36 am

» EBCR group of companies
by Wolf86 Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Promoney Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Use the Ten Principles of Value Investing to spot value stocks in the oversold market
by EquityChamp Yesterday at 5:44 pm

» HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC
by ADVENTUS Yesterday at 4:22 pm

» Investor sentiment - will there ever be a recovery?
by xhunter Yesterday at 4:19 pm

» The strong learn to hang in there and keep bouncing back until they win. Stock market for beginners
by Asoka Samarakone Yesterday at 4:04 pm

» Everybody talks about huge selling. That means there are buyers in the market to buy these shares. Stock market for beginners
by samaritan Yesterday at 4:00 pm

» SHOESHINE BOYS!
by Bakkabwoi Yesterday at 2:36 pm

» CSE - Market status
by stockie Yesterday at 1:06 pm

» Guardian Investment Trust (GUAR) could Sky Rocket
by RJ1010 Yesterday at 9:41 am

» CB to continue the current accommodative monetary policy stance
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:18 am

» PANASIAN POWER PLC (PAP.N0000)
by vijay singh Yesterday at 2:26 am

» Maharaja's Advice
by madukp Yesterday at 1:17 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » DAILY CHRONICLE™ » යෝජනා ඉටුනොකළොත් ශ්‍රී ලංකාවට සම්බාධක

යෝජනා ඉටුනොකළොත් ශ්‍රී ලංකාවට සම්බාධක

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Whitebull


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
I do not think any country will help us for ever. We need to stand on our feet. There is no short cuts for sustainable development.
We can not implement all the things in LLRC and We can implement the 13th amendments as whole. This would jeopardize the sovereignity of our country. And do you really think that they will let us live peacefully even we implement all those things ? If your answer is yes you need to thoroughly study the international political tactics.

Redbulls


Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@Whitebull wrote:I do not think any country will help us for ever. We need to stand on our feet. There is no short cuts for sustainable development.
We can not implement all the things in LLRC and We can implement the 13th amendments as whole. This would jeopardize the sovereignity of our country. And do you really think that they will let us live peacefully even we implement all those things ? If your answer is yes you need to thoroughly study the international political tactics.

How come explain more how it will jeopardize the sovereignity of the country(if exist)?
Total Bulls*** like our politicians.

traderathome


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Razz Razz Razz

okkoma pal horu...

Boru kaiwaru ratata penna....

Pita rata giyama meeya wage ehei kiyala awith ....buru part danawa....

issella dana ganna ona api mulu ratawal okkoma ekathukarala apey exports walata market handanna...

apita foreign investors la enne rosiyawen , chinawalinda..... drunken

malasia,singapore thailand,vietnam ratawal balanna eyala kiyanawada apita china and russia hitiyoth ati kiyala....

matanam pissu wagei meya farao

TAH

Whitebull


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Redbulls wrote:
@Whitebull wrote:I do not think any country will help us for ever. We need to stand on our feet. There is no short cuts for sustainable development.
We can not implement all the things in LLRC and We can implement the 13th amendments as whole. This would jeopardize the sovereignity of our country. And do you really think that they will let us live peacefully even we implement all those things ? If your answer is yes you need to thoroughly study the international political tactics.

How come explain more how it will jeopardize the sovereignity of the country(if exist)?
Total Bulls*** like our politicians.
I will explain this if I think you have a brain at least tallying to your username.

traderathome


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Matchang WB...

LRC is a report compiled on the advise of MR......

Ehenam mona keng gediyatada oya Report eka put kale.....

Mang Kiyannam Darusman report eka hinda tamai eyala kiwwe apita oya report epa ape atinma apema Report ekak hadannam kiyalll


Kiwwata passe kohomada oka kirala menala koranne...

A sellang hariyanne ape minissunge boru deshappremi manasikatwayata pamanai ....

|Saba Deshapremin ha awankawa Srilankawata ha Ratata adare nam oya LLRC eka mulu manin ma implement kala yutui....Habai ekata Vipakshayat haul kala yutui.

TAH

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Blind follower do not understand their leaders drama. All of them preach one and practise another.
Read this news.

Sri Lanka says will implement LLRC recommendations by the deadline


Mar 24, Colombo: The Sri Lankan government has said that it expects to meet the deadline set by the United Nations resolution to implement the remaining recommendations made by the Lessons Learnt and Reconciliation Commission (LLRC).

Secretary of the External Affairs Ministry Karunatilaka Amunugama has told media that most of the recommendations have already been implemented and the rest will be implemented by March 2014.

The United States sponsored resolution, adopted by the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC) in Geneva on March 21, requests the Office of the High Commissioner to present an oral update to the Human Rights Council's 24th session scheduled to be held in September 9-27, 2013. A comprehensive report followed by a discussion on the implementation of the present resolution is required to be presented to the Council at its 25th session in March 2014.

The External Affairs Ministry Secretary has however stressed that the government's decision to implement the remaining recommendation by March 2014 timeline is not due to any pressure brought on by the adoption of the resolution.

The Sri Lankan government has explained to the Council that the country has made an impressive progress in many fronts within a short period of time since the end of the war against LTTE terrorism in 2009.

The government has said that although a considerable progress has made in implementing most of the LLRC recommendations, it needs the time and space as well as resources to implement all the constructive recommendations.

However, the sponsor of the UN resolution, the U.S. while welcoming and acknowledging important progress that has been made in certain areas in Sri Lanka, says much has to be done.

The resolution while welcoming and acknowledging the progress made by the Government of Sri Lanka in rebuilding infrastructure, demining, and resettling the majority of internally displaced persons, noted that considerable work lies ahead in the areas of justice, reconciliation and the resumption of livelihoods.

The United States Ambassador to the Permanent Mission of U.S. to UN in Geneva Eileen Donahoe said the resolution was put forward out of genuine concern about the lack of follow-through on the promises by the Government of Sri Lanka to carry out a credible form of domestic accountability.

The U.S. says it will consider an international effort rather than a Sri Lankan-led effort if Sri Lanka is not forthcoming to implement the actions decreed by the resolution.

Meanwhile, the Ministry of External Affairs has said that the Minister Prof. G.L. Peiris would make a special statement with regard to the statements made by the U.S. and other western countries after the resolution on Sri Lanka was approved at the UNHRC.

http://www.colombopage.com/archive_13A/Mar24_1364103953CH.php

Whitebull


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Redbulls wrote:Blind follower do not understand their leaders drama. All of them preach one and practise another.
Read this news.

Sri Lanka says will implement LLRC recommendations by the deadline


Mar 24, Colombo: The Sri Lankan government has said that it expects to meet the deadline set by the United Nations resolution to implement the remaining recommendations made by the Lessons Learnt and Reconciliation Commission (LLRC).

Secretary of the External Affairs Ministry Karunatilaka Amunugama has told media that most of the recommendations have already been implemented and the rest will be implemented by March 2014.

The United States sponsored resolution, adopted by the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC) in Geneva on March 21, requests the Office of the High Commissioner to present an oral update to the Human Rights Council's 24th session scheduled to be held in September 9-27, 2013. A comprehensive report followed by a discussion on the implementation of the present resolution is required to be presented to the Council at its 25th session in March 2014.

The External Affairs Ministry Secretary has however stressed that the government's decision to implement the remaining recommendation by March 2014 timeline is not due to any pressure brought on by the adoption of the resolution.

The Sri Lankan government has explained to the Council that the country has made an impressive progress in many fronts within a short period of time since the end of the war against LTTE terrorism in 2009.

The government has said that although a considerable progress has made in implementing most of the LLRC recommendations, it needs the time and space as well as resources to implement all the constructive recommendations.

However, the sponsor of the UN resolution, the U.S. while welcoming and acknowledging important progress that has been made in certain areas in Sri Lanka, says much has to be done.

The resolution while welcoming and acknowledging the progress made by the Government of Sri Lanka in rebuilding infrastructure, demining, and resettling the majority of internally displaced persons, noted that considerable work lies ahead in the areas of justice, reconciliation and the resumption of livelihoods.

The United States Ambassador to the Permanent Mission of U.S. to UN in Geneva Eileen Donahoe said the resolution was put forward out of genuine concern about the lack of follow-through on the promises by the Government of Sri Lanka to carry out a credible form of domestic accountability.

The U.S. says it will consider an international effort rather than a Sri Lankan-led effort if Sri Lanka is not forthcoming to implement the actions decreed by the resolution.

Meanwhile, the Ministry of External Affairs has said that the Minister Prof. G.L. Peiris would make a special statement with regard to the statements made by the U.S. and other western countries after the resolution on Sri Lanka was approved at the UNHRC.

http://www.colombopage.com/archive_13A/Mar24_1364103953CH.php
I do not know trustworthiness of this news or this site. If this is true I do not support this decision and I like to mention this would be a big mistake. But I do not think government would do this type of thing.

Whitebull


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@traderathome wrote:Matchang WB...

LRC is a report compiled on the advise of MR......

Ehenam mona keng gediyatada oya Report eka put kale.....

Mang Kiyannam Darusman report eka hinda tamai eyala kiwwe apita oya report epa ape atinma apema Report ekak hadannam kiyalll


Kiwwata passe kohomada oka kirala menala koranne...

A sellang hariyanne ape minissunge boru deshappremi manasikatwayata pamanai ....

|Saba Deshapremin ha awankawa Srilankawata ha Ratata adare nam oya LLRC eka mulu manin ma implement kala yutui....Habai ekata Vipakshayat haul kala yutui.

TAH
Just read this part to understand the mentality of members in that committee. Then you can decide for urself.
Though the Jathika Hela Urumaya has objected to the LLRC for going into the root causes of the "Ethnic Problem" I have no objections as such and I am of the opinion that any investigation has to go back to history as far and as much as possible to understand the problem. When I myself was invited to make submissions before the LLRC, I made use of the opportunity to present a brief history of the problem. I knew that the commission would not believe my story as they had been brainwashed with a story created by the English for nearly two hundred years. I wanted them to grill me on my story but unfortunately they followed a different path and one of the commissioners told me that in spite of my logical story they thought that the Tamils wanted some concessions or words to that effect.
http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_cat=article-details&page=article-details&code_title=42424
They do not want to understand the real problem and give a ideal solution. They just want to give some concessions and the underline cause is not addressed.

traderathome

traderathome
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
So you mean to say LLRC report has many flaws........than many truths.....

And this report is the much talked about in UN and all over......And MR accepted knowing all this....

I understand this report does not go as far back as one could want.....but limit itself to Post 2002.

Anyhow the burning issues such as 13th amendments and war crimes need to be addressed, if MR says there is no crimes against innocent tamils as stated by former General too, why are we afraid....to implement...

Why are we sidelining the real hero who fought the war on the ground and ask some officials who were in their AC rooms watching when the battle unraveled.

This is a sad state of srilankan politics takinover true patriotism .....

We should give the due credit to the valiant soldiers and the to the generals who fought and triumphed over the struggle.

TAH

traderathome

traderathome
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
There is no point addressing the UN with Road Developments completed in North & East when the real test and questions were crimes committed.....

We should send our Former General who knew most of the incidents during the WAR to address the UN along with Dayan,Rajiv & Tamara...

TAH

traderathome

traderathome
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@WB

You may be correct in your arguments like you pointed out to commissioners...

A wunata metana prashnayak tiyenawa ne ...

Mahinda Chintanaye kiwwe ne he ne api yudden dinanawa kiyala....

Chintanaye tiyenne a sandaha desha palana wisadumak genawa kiyala.....

Dan api kohomada ewa awashya nehe kiyanne....

Mewa okkoma ape ayage weradi....

13th Amendments eka politicians lata honda neti wunata apita netnam civil samajayata hondai

A nisa without any delay they should implement.

Regards
TAH

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
TAH,
WB should not respond to you. Did you not see the below
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t26817p25-mattala-airport-a-gateway-to-the-future



@traderathome wrote:@WB

You may be correct in your arguments like you pointed out to commissioners...

A wunata metana prashnayak tiyenawa ne ...

Mahinda Chintanaye kiwwe ne he ne api yudden dinanawa kiyala....

Chintanaye tiyenne a sandaha desha palana wisadumak genawa kiyala.....

Dan api kohomada ewa awashya nehe kiyanne....

Mewa okkoma ape ayage weradi....

13th Amendments eka politicians lata honda neti wunata apita netnam civil samajayata hondai

A nisa without any delay they should implement.

Regards
TAH

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum