FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by abey Yesterday at 10:27 pm

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by Eranga87 Yesterday at 4:12 pm

» ROYAL CERAMICS PLC (RCL.N0000)
by Dilip Yesterday at 11:55 am

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by ronstyn53 Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:22 pm

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by abey Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:07 pm

» First capital holdings CFVF.N0000
by invest thinker Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:46 pm

» LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC (LDEV.N0000)
by Wolf86 Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:00 pm

» ???? අප්‍රේල් 16 ???? මේ දින 3 කෙටි සතියත් කොළපාටින් අවසන් වුනා
by dayandacool Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:58 pm

» Lanka Walltile PLC Investment Case
by judecroos Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:55 am

» Which is the best at current market condition ? ( At least 30% within 30 Days)
by judecroos Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:39 am

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:03 pm

» Big opportunity in Kegalle Plantations
by EquityChamp Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:58 pm

» විජේදාසගේ... voice cut ප්‍රතිඵල
by nigma Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:59 am

» If you buy a stock that’s not going up in price, you won’t make any money. STOCK market for beginners
by dayandacool Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:31 am

» B P P L HOLDINGS PLC (BPPL.N0000)
by vikiperera Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:17 am

» VPEL VPEL VPEL
by invest thinker Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:23 am

» Thoughts on SINS
by Swissinvest Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:04 am

» VFIN / VPEL / PABC - Share SPLIT or VTWO ?
by WealthKing Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:33 am

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Jana Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:15 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by learningthemarket Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:18 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Keep an Eye on the following OSEA/VONE/BIL

Keep an Eye on the following OSEA/VONE/BIL

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Aubrey Perera


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Keep an eye on the following stocks short term gain possible. also CDB/DFCC but not sure if too late now. OSEA even long term good.

Jiggysaurus

Jiggysaurus
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
What happens if we don't keep an eye on them? Or what if we keep two eyes on them, then what will happen?

Aubrey Perera


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
If you don keep eye !! it becomes long term investment or blood bath....if you keep two eyes always good u can plan for contingency. are you getin jiggy with it ?

rainmaker


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Jiggysaurus wrote:What happens if we don't keep an eye on them? Or what if we keep two eyes on them, then what will happen?

You won't notice the next OSEA rights issue. It's long overdue Razz

Jiggysaurus

Jiggysaurus
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Aubrey Perera wrote:If you don keep eye !! it becomes long term investment or blood bath....if you keep two eyes always good u can plan for contingency. are you getin jiggy with it ?

but to get jiggy wid it, there should be a reason or an invitation.

so what is the reason for these shares, other than they being in your portfolio?

Aubrey Perera


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
learn to read ? did i say there not in my portfolio? u don't need aninvitation to get jiggy ....Vone and BIL are in my portfolio. the reason is theere has been little movement in these shares and with braoder movement chances these wil move in tandem. how mnay years have u been trading for ....don't you know that for CSE to move there isn't a reason sometimes ...learn from past. and try make a profit when chance is there .....REASONS pfftffttttttt???

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@Jiggysaurus wrote:
@Aubrey Perera wrote:If you don keep eye !! it becomes long term investment or blood bath....if you keep two eyes always good u can plan for contingency. are you getin jiggy with it ?

but to get jiggy wid it, there should be a reason or an invitation.

so what is the reason for these shares, other than they being in your portfolio?

Just check his past posts and come to a conclusion.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/spa/Aubrey%20Perera

Jiggysaurus

Jiggysaurus
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Aubrey Perera wrote:Vone and BIL are in my portfolio What a Face . the reason is theere has been little movement in these shares and with braoder movement chances these wil move in tandem.

so learn to say that in the beginning without making a senseless post about eyekeeping. clearly say that you are promoting VONE and BIL because you are stuck with them.

rainmaker


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
MBSL should have been in your portfolio. 16/= was way to cheap. Only a fool would not have bought it at those levels.

VONE is better than BIL or OSEA. But with VONE that Rosewood Pvt Ltd is there in the top 20. Who is that?????

Aubrey Perera


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Who says I'm stuck ? who says i'm promoting ? if there is an opportunity for others to make a profit then we can post ? it's ur assumption. do posts have to be written according to you? promotion is what market watch did ....this giving other a heads up. Redbulls when did u become an expert ....jiggy and Redbulls posting here makes you guys experts ? everyone is free to post as long as it isnot offensive and blatant promotion.....i have always said bil and vone are in my portfolio check past posts....but I will hold long term or sell when I feel i have a good profit.....are you and redbull all out to make losses at cse....don't think...so please let others post as well....everyone has different style of posting.....posting on a forum and having fancy designations does not give you two the right to jugde other posters...

salt

salt
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@rainmaker wrote:MBSL should have been in your portfolio. 16/= was way to cheap. Only a fool would not have bought it at those levels.

VONE is better than BIL or OSEA. But with VONE that Rosewood Pvt Ltd is there in the top 20. Who is that?????

but whats happening to their profitability.... going down with govt appointed trade union leaders being the managers

The Alchemist


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@rainmaker wrote: But with VONE that Rosewood Pvt Ltd is there in the top 20. Who is that?????


Rosewood = Hidramani's. They are also the 4th largest shareholder in SAMP.

seek


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Someone is trying to push CIND. Yesterday, there was a fake single order for 50,000 which is impossible considering the liquidity. By the way, this is not a bad stock to have in your portfolio.

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@salt wrote:
@rainmaker wrote:MBSL should have been in your portfolio. 16/= was way to cheap. Only a fool would not have bought it at those levels.

VONE is better than BIL or OSEA. But with VONE that Rosewood Pvt Ltd is there in the top 20. Who is that?????

but whats happening to their profitability.... going down with govt appointed trade union leaders being the managers

I think it is always a risky one, given the back ground of operations( too many political involvements) and the latest FS indicate that they are not performing well and also debenture interest will be an added expense. Correct me if I am wrong pl.

Aubrey Perera


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
all these months banking stocks have gone up!!!! forigners continue to buy....i think if all goes well the broadr market has to move up.....don't know how much or for how long but ...can make profit if we buy wisely. we all want to make money if not we won't be in this forum...we also want to invest and gain. some people in this forum acts as if they want to lose...my question is unless you are looking to buy at less prices u hope for market to fall ....and are happy when market falls. if you have a share at a praticular price aren't u happy when share goes up ? most people here are very hypocritical and they too promote in other ways....I want my shares to move up...but I will not promote for others to burn there hands...all shares I mentioned above can have short term play. might be even good to hold long time ...up to individual.

seek


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@rainmaker wrote:MBSL should have been in your portfolio. 16/= was way to cheap. Only a fool would not have bought it at those levels.

VONE is better than BIL or OSEA. But with VONE that Rosewood Pvt Ltd is there in the top 20. Who is that?????


MBSL is a stock that was trading around 60/= when they record an EPS over 4 rupees. As rainmaker said 16/= is cheap but I cannot see a bright future to have a long term position although there is a strong BOC backup. Hope rainmaker can shed some light.

salt

salt
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@ rainkmaker ,
I understand your point.
It's trading below its NAV, probably the only bank. MBSL is more than a bank , its a finance company, even better since most finance companies trades above book value

but , look at the prospects. I think PLC is better option than MBSL in that since , both see major slowdown in revenue & profits
Yes, PLC has proven management team away from govt involvement

Yet, at the current price MBSL may be a good bargain. I agree with you

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@Aubrey Perera wrote:Who says I'm stuck ? who says i'm promoting ?

I say ur promoting.. simply cuz u dont give a reason.. Technically some stocks rise when those are bottomed up, there are sector rallies like banking rallies these days..

But when these are in your portfolio, asking others to watch it is like u want to sell ur stuff when rise.. Always try to give some reasoning.. Yes stock markets rise without any reason but for the certain stocks to rise we can count on 52Wk low (CLPL.W0013/14) and many stuff like that..

Aubrey Perera


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
So what your saying is that every time we post we have to give a reason? in your expert opinion can you please tell us why all banking stocks rise ? ubc, pabc etc? some are moving like u said due to sector rally. like wise my thoughts on stocks mentioned in my portfolio rising is due to over all market starting to move and stock like bil and vone have bottom out. a forum is a exchange of ideas....u can't assume that I want to sell when it rises....what if I want to sell in a few years? what if I want other remind other members to gain if they can make a profit.... you guys are trying to make this forum go in one direction the way certain people want it to...how boring. I have seen people promoting in ways that i don't it's a personal opinion ....you guys should re draft rules in that case where any one can't mention a share name at all .....the result will be there won't be a forum....please have clear cut rules....

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Aubrey,
I actually dont want to explain this to you like a small child. But here's small intro;

We dont have to bring here lists of shares indicating or as u said, reminding other members that these are gonna go up.. C'mon.. wake up.. Many ppl now-a-days are desperate.. Have u not seen the posts that we have regarding all the crappy shares.. Ppl want to sell at 10% profit even.
And if we allowed to do so being so dynamic, then many ppl will register and we can see "Keep an eye on XXXX, YYYY..., TTTT would go up, Bull run in XXX, etc.. kinda posts everyday.. There wont be any valuable post to read and make a deicion. A lot of new comers may get lost in between and will hate the forum..

So save the misery pls..

There'll be no re-drafting of rules.. We already have better rules. Majority of members accepted the rules and maintain it. The fact is; there are mush roomers born between the bear and bull period and they wanna deceive ppl.. So if you have a problem adhering to the rules, dont question. Doors are open... Ur fell free to clarify anything u dont understand though.

The best thing is this forum give a free chance to post what ever the nonsense without being accepted by moderators. You dont get this facility in majority of forums.. That's why there's less disturbance.
We dont want anybody coming here and dividing the peace we had for
years.

Hope u understand. If you dont ask.. But no exceptions for not adhering to rules. Rules are clear-cut, just read between the lines..

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum