FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» LDEV LDEV LDEV
by Eranga87 Today at 10:27 am

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Promoney Today at 8:58 am

» විජේදාසගේ... voice cut ප්‍රතිඵල
by Kaish86 Today at 8:04 am

» Growing Fear
by stockchaser Today at 7:53 am

» No trader can flee from making a mistake. It’s just that you need to be careful about not repeating your mistakes.
by Mithooshan Today at 7:42 am

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Jana Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 8:33 pm

» SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC (PARQ.N0000)
by Chithi Yesterday at 7:45 pm

» ROYAL CERAMICS PLC (RCL.N0000)
by Jana Yesterday at 6:14 pm

» US dollar trading lower, euro near new high
by target1 Yesterday at 1:38 pm

» LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC (LDEV.N0000)
by Thushara Ayya Yesterday at 11:59 am

» ???? අප්‍රේල් 16 ???? මේ දින 3 කෙටි සතියත් කොළපාටින් අවසන් වුනා
by Wickyz Yesterday at 11:20 am

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Wickyz Yesterday at 11:19 am

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by Eranga87 Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:12 pm

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by abey Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:07 pm

» First capital holdings CFVF.N0000
by invest thinker Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:46 pm

» Lanka Walltile PLC Investment Case
by judecroos Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:55 am

» Which is the best at current market condition ? ( At least 30% within 30 Days)
by judecroos Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:39 am

» Big opportunity in Kegalle Plantations
by EquityChamp Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:58 pm

» If you buy a stock that’s not going up in price, you won’t make any money. STOCK market for beginners
by dayandacool Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:31 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel

BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Empty BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:49 pm

Gaja


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/4181365159817_.pdf

2BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Empty Re: BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:54 pm

RIO

RIO
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics


http://www.agoda.com/asia/sri_lanka/sigiriya/the_green_paradise_resort.html

3BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Empty Re: BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:04 pm

sanju351

sanju351
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@RIO wrote:

http://www.agoda.com/asia/sri_lanka/sigiriya/the_green_paradise_resort.html

will this impact on the BIL - Share Price ?

4BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Empty Re: BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:14 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Website : http://www.greenparadise.net/



How much profit can be gained with a 67 room hotel in this competitive environment ? How long would it take to recover their investment through profits?

Unless hidden reasons are there am really wondering whether better returns cannot be gained by investing 500 million.


For argument sake , let do a very simple calculation ( nothing deep or fancy here)

If we assume average each room is $100, at 80% occupancy for 365 days

100*67*365 *0.8 = roughly $2 million = Rs 250 million revenue .
Even with other revenue lets say Rs 400 million per year.

With some work and luck they can earn about 15% profit. That about Rs 60 million.

Now they do nto fully own this even.



Owning/controlling Hotels seems to be a fashion now.

5BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Empty Re: BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:58 pm

Jiggysaurus

Jiggysaurus
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:


For argument sake , let do a very simple calculation ( nothing deep or fancy here)

If we assume average each room is $100, at 80% occupancy for 365 days

100*67*365 *0.8 = roughly $2 million = Rs 250 million revenue .
Even with other revenue lets say Rs 400 million per year.

With some work and luck they can earn about 15% profit. That about Rs 60 million.

Now they do nto fully own this even.

Owning/controlling Hotels seems to be a fashion now.

What would have happened is that an "unofficially" related party (one that they won't have to disclose) would have spent about 600 million building the hotel so NOW he has cashed out by selling 51% to the minority shareholders of BIL.

6BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Empty Re: BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:10 pm

salt

salt
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
I have seen this place. This is other side of kandalama.
Good place , but damn small hotel

7BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Empty Re: BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:23 am

rainmaker


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Jiggysaurus wrote:
What would have happened is that an "unofficially" related party (one that they won't have to disclose) would have spent about 600 million building the hotel so NOW he has cashed out by selling 51% to the minority shareholders of BIL.

Not true. The hotel cost was 1.2B and it was a BOI project by an Italian firm.

http://med.gov.lk/english/?p=11658#

8BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Empty Re: BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:10 pm

WildBear


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@rainmaker wrote:
@Jiggysaurus wrote:
What would have happened is that an "unofficially" related party (one that they won't have to disclose) would have spent about 600 million building the hotel so NOW he has cashed out by selling 51% to the minority shareholders of BIL.

Not true. The hotel cost was 1.2B and it was a BOI project by an Italian firm.

http://med.gov.lk/english/?p=11658#
rainmaker is like James Bond of the forum. Very Happy

9BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Empty Re: BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:09 am

sanju351

sanju351
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:
Website : http://www.greenparadise.net/



How much profit can be gained with a 67 room hotel in this competitive environment ? How long would it take to recover their investment through profits?

Unless hidden reasons are there am really wondering whether better returns cannot be gained by investing 500 million.


For argument sake , let do a very simple calculation ( nothing deep or fancy here)

If we assume average each room is $100, at 80% occupancy for 365 days

100*67*365 *0.8 = roughly $2 million = Rs 250 million revenue .
Even with other revenue lets say Rs 400 million per year.

With some work and luck they can earn about 15% profit. That about Rs 60 million.

Now they do nto fully own this even.



Owning/controlling Hotels seems to be a fashion now.

Thank you and what you say is logical however this is CSE - see now one time my favorite BLUE is running and after a careful stats study i know BLUE/CIFL/CSF/GREG /CLPL W - these are no real value shares but at CSE THE BIG SHOTS calls the shot we the small ones burnet the fingers without careful investing - Taking this to account i think is manipulators will do their own work and at least may take this BIL share from monday towards 4-4.50 Levls ..But however BIL is much much better than BLUE /CIFL/GREG /CSF ..

Seee now these guys are doing the manipulation with Good sound shares such as UBC/CFVF/CFLB/MBSL ...Etc - I dont think these high price gains are natural ..these are also fake ..

We need to be very very very careful - Day trading with reasonable margin is the way for us in case of a Green Market ..

10BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Empty Re: BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:09 am

hettdas

hettdas
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
I also think BIL is good share compare to CIFL , BLUE, CSF. It has NAVPS more than 5. Also very good diversified holding company . Otherwise ERI don't buy this share for 5.50. I recommond this share for long term.

11BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Empty Greenparadise Dambulla. Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:58 pm

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Greenparadise Dambulla.

You can see the Italian influence in this hotel. But does it worth for what BIL paid? Neutral

12BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Empty Re: BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:06 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@sanju351 wrote:But however BIL is much much better than BLUE /CIFL/GREG /CSF ..

We need to be very very very careful - Day trading with reasonable margin is the way for us in case of a Green Market ..

Something I can agree with you after years Laughing

The question is; what kind of a revenue can a 67 room hotel can generate now-a-days..

Usual occupancy rate is ard 70-75% for hotels, then they generate other income by hosting conferences, meetings, seminars, buffet lunches, etc...
BIL will have to increase occupancy rate to around 90% to really have an effect (this will never pass 90% since hotels have a long off season)

In a shorter run. BIL can even pass 5 but I would bet on REEF warrants than BIL at this price with the nature of the parties involved. REEF will have 3 hotels by 2015 and the revenue generation can be doubled at least. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

13BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Empty Re: BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:26 pm

kalum


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
while agreeing with smallville, personally i believe current situation will run BIL to 6-7 levels with few consecutive runs sooner than longer. i would see this levels before mid 2014. This is a conclusion i got considering the present facts and BIL NAV values. however all these are subject to change with foreign interference level with srilanka Human rights problem.

14BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Empty Re: BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Usually when FLCH moves BIL also moves. FLCH moved from rs 2.4/2,5 to nearly Rs 3 . Relatively there was only a small movement in BIL . It may move a bit more.

15BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Empty Re: BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:39 pm

kalum


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:Usually when FLCH moves BIL also moves. FLCH moved from rs 2.4/2,5 to nearly Rs 3 . Relatively there was only a small movement in BIL . It may move a bit more.

That's a good observation. I didnt noticed it todate. Embarassed

16BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Empty Re: BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:58 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
BIL holds a % 3+stake in FLCH.


@kalum wrote:
@slstock wrote:Usually when FLCH moves BIL also moves. FLCH moved from rs 2.4/2,5 to nearly Rs 3 . Relatively there was only a small movement in BIL . It may move a bit more.

That's a good observation. I didnt noticed it todate. Embarassed

17BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Empty Re: BIL Bought 51% in a Hotel Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:54 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@kalum wrote:while agreeing with smallville, personally i believe current situation will run BIL to 6-7 levels with few consecutive runs sooner than longer. i would see this levels before mid 2014. This is a conclusion i got considering the present facts and BIL NAV values. however all these are subject to change with foreign interference level with srilanka Human rights problem.

By mid 2014, FLCH will come to 5 again too and REEF.W19 will exceed 5-6 imo.. If we see market passing 6000 and 7000 by EOY, this is not a possibility but a reality Wink

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum