FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» No trader can flee from making a mistake. It’s just that you need to be careful about not repeating your mistakes.
by Asoka Samarakone Today at 8:56 pm

» LDEV LDEV LDEV
by stockchaser Today at 8:43 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Today at 8:33 pm

» SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC (PARQ.N0000)
by Chithi Today at 7:45 pm

» ROYAL CERAMICS PLC (RCL.N0000)
by Jana Today at 6:14 pm

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Jana Today at 6:11 pm

» US dollar trading lower, euro near new high
by target1 Today at 1:38 pm

» LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC (LDEV.N0000)
by Thushara Ayya Today at 11:59 am

» ???? අප්‍රේල් 16 ???? මේ දින 3 කෙටි සතියත් කොළපාටින් අවසන් වුනා
by Wickyz Today at 11:20 am

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Wickyz Today at 11:19 am

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by Eranga87 Yesterday at 4:12 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by ronstyn53 Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:22 pm

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by abey Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:07 pm

» First capital holdings CFVF.N0000
by invest thinker Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:46 pm

» Lanka Walltile PLC Investment Case
by judecroos Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:55 am

» Which is the best at current market condition ? ( At least 30% within 30 Days)
by judecroos Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:39 am

» Big opportunity in Kegalle Plantations
by EquityChamp Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:58 pm

» විජේදාසගේ... voice cut ප්‍රතිඵල
by nigma Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:59 am

» If you buy a stock that’s not going up in price, you won’t make any money. STOCK market for beginners
by dayandacool Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:31 am

» B P P L HOLDINGS PLC (BPPL.N0000)
by vikiperera Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:17 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Can SEMB run?

Can SEMB run?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Can SEMB run? Empty Can SEMB run? Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:24 pm

bullrun

bullrun
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/445_1360837075.pdf

Bottom line shows an encouraging result. So, I hope we can we expect a good future. What do you say?

2Can SEMB run? Empty Re: Can SEMB run? Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:58 pm

Jake Sully

Jake Sully
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
I'm waiting.......

3Can SEMB run? Empty Re: Can SEMB run? Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:28 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
The new director "on board" seemed to have triggered buying interest. Yes their bottom line is improving also.

Also we should not forget these are the cheapest shares in the market. And SEMB is a share that never really had a proper run during the asi hike from 4700-6000. Actually it performed reverse even with improving financials.
Too much share liquidity is something bad for SEMB. Going by fundamentals this is not special still but signs of growth are showing.

4Can SEMB run? Empty Re: Can SEMB run? Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:40 am

stockboy


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
yes SEMB on the run

5Can SEMB run? Empty Re: Can SEMB run? Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:51 pm

freebird


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
really. i have also collected much...

6Can SEMB run? Empty Re: Can SEMB run? Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:30 pm

kalum


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
SEMB N and X especially the X is one of my dream share over few years now.
sadly all time it did performed very awkward last year. however i got a good return during dr.Senthivel's interference.

I got huge opportunity cost and over million cash stucked with SEMB.N and X. However i don't much worry due to following reasons.

1.
My X's AVG is .30-0.40 - I know This share will stabilized over 0.5 in near future. So it will be risk free to hold it.
regarding N, i got huge profit during right conversion and sell back it's peak over rs.3, hence i dont mind how much depreciate occurs to rest of it hold as i already covered my cost.

2. When comped to huge losses incurred due to very bad decisions (like invest in TWOOD recently) , i see no risk in SEMB.

3. suporting factors like SEMB is a very cheap share and financials also postive in all aspects.


4. When I Start my second round of invest in SEMB.X, my goal was 100% gain withing 2-3 years. Of course now it is 2 years and i am with no profit situation. but i have options Smile I could be patience for another 2-3 years considering present factors. however, then my profit target needs to reset around 200%
or may be 50% disposal around 0.50-0.60 then hold the rest till at least rs 1.00 level.

If things get smooth with srilanka and if positive factors helps to move market, this is a share that have potential to shock every one. I am, 100% understood how much liquid with SEMB, but i see no reason why it can't run when every thing set. pirat

I don't see SEMB run, how ever i see both N and X going for new level, may be N with rs 1 and x with 0.50's . lets see.. This is just my personal view.

7Can SEMB run? Empty Re: Can SEMB run? Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:35 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Nice points.

@kalum wrote:SEMB N and X especially the X is one of my dream share over few years now.
sadly all time it did performed very awkward last year. however i got a good return during dr.Senthivel's interference.

I got huge opportunity cost and over million cash stucked with SEMB.N and X. However i don't much worry due to following reasons.

1.
My X's AVG is .30-0.40 - I know This share will stabilized over 0.5 in near future. So it will be risk free to hold it.
regarding N, i got huge profit during right conversion and sell back it's peak over rs.3, hence i dont mind how much depreciate occurs to rest of it hold as i already covered my cost.

2. When comped to huge losses incurred due to very bad decisions (like invest in TWOOD recently) , i see no risk in SEMB.

3. suporting factors like SEMB is a very cheap share and financials also postive in all aspects.


4. When I Start my second round of invest in SEMB.X, my goal was 100% gain withing 2-3 years. Of course now it is 2 years and i am with no profit situation. but i have options Smile I could be patience for another 2-3 years considering present factors. however, then my profit target needs to reset around 200%
or may be 50% disposal around 0.50-0.60 then hold the rest till at least rs 1.00 level.

If things get smooth with srilanka and if positive factors helps to move market, this is a share that have potential to shock every one. I am, 100% understood how much liquid with SEMB, but i see no reason why it can't run when every thing set. pirat

I don't see SEMB run, how ever i see both N and X going for new level, may be N with rs 1 and x with 0.50's . lets see.. This is just my personal view.

8Can SEMB run? Empty Re: Can SEMB run? Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:21 pm

kalum


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:Nice points.

@kalum wrote:SEMB N and X especially the X is one of my dream share over few years now.
sadly all time it did performed very awkward last year. however i got a good return during dr.Senthivel's interference.

I got huge opportunity cost and over million cash stucked with SEMB.N and X. However i don't much worry due to following reasons.

1.
My X's AVG is .30-0.40 - I know This share will stabilized over 0.5 in near future. So it will be risk free to hold it.
regarding N, i got huge profit during right conversion and sell back it's peak over rs.3, hence i dont mind how much depreciate occurs to rest of it hold as i already covered my cost.

2. When comped to huge losses incurred due to very bad decisions (like invest in TWOOD recently) , i see no risk in SEMB.

3. suporting factors like SEMB is a very cheap share and financials also postive in all aspects.


4. When I Start my second round of invest in SEMB.X, my goal was 100% gain withing 2-3 years. Of course now it is 2 years and i am with no profit situation. but i have options Smile I could be patience for another 2-3 years considering present factors. however, then my profit target needs to reset around 200%
or may be 50% disposal around 0.50-0.60 then hold the rest till at least rs 1.00 level.

If things get smooth with srilanka and if positive factors helps to move market, this is a share that have potential to shock every one. I am, 100% understood how much liquid with SEMB, but i see no reason why it can't run when every thing set. pirat

I don't see SEMB run, how ever i see both N and X going for new level, may be N with rs 1 and x with 0.50's . lets see.. This is just my personal view.

Thanks slstock, BTW i feel you could share more regarding this topic Cool
pls share it will helps to most of us. cheers

9Can SEMB run? Empty Re: Can SEMB run? Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:27 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
I already mentioned some observations. Am awaiting to see the MArch quarter. I think it was a wise idea to get the new director on board so some speculative interest is also grown into what was a boring share in the last 2 years.



@kalum wrote:
@slstock wrote:Nice points.

@kalum wrote:SEMB N and X especially the X is one of my dream share over few years now.
sadly all time it did performed very awkward last year. however i got a good return during dr.Senthivel's interference.

I got huge opportunity cost and over million cash stucked with SEMB.N and X. However i don't much worry due to following reasons.

1.
My X's AVG is .30-0.40 - I know This share will stabilized over 0.5 in near future. So it will be risk free to hold it.
regarding N, i got huge profit during right conversion and sell back it's peak over rs.3, hence i dont mind how much depreciate occurs to rest of it hold as i already covered my cost.

2. When comped to huge losses incurred due to very bad decisions (like invest in TWOOD recently) , i see no risk in SEMB.

3. suporting factors like SEMB is a very cheap share and financials also postive in all aspects.


4. When I Start my second round of invest in SEMB.X, my goal was 100% gain withing 2-3 years. Of course now it is 2 years and i am with no profit situation. but i have options Smile I could be patience for another 2-3 years considering present factors. however, then my profit target needs to reset around 200%
or may be 50% disposal around 0.50-0.60 then hold the rest till at least rs 1.00 level.

If things get smooth with srilanka and if positive factors helps to move market, this is a share that have potential to shock every one. I am, 100% understood how much liquid with SEMB, but i see no reason why it can't run when every thing set. pirat

I don't see SEMB run, how ever i see both N and X going for new level, may be N with rs 1 and x with 0.50's . lets see.. This is just my personal view.

Thanks slstock, BTW i feel you could share more regarding this topic Cool
pls share it will helps to most of us. cheers

10Can SEMB run? Empty Re: Can SEMB run? Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:00 pm

kalum


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
yeah. got it Very Happy

@slstock wrote:I already mentioned some observations. Am awaiting to see the MArch quarter. I think it was a wise idea to get the new director on board so some speculative interest is also grown into what was a boring share in the last 2 years.



@kalum wrote:
@slstock wrote:Nice points.

@kalum wrote:SEMB N and X especially the X is one of my dream share over few years now.
sadly all time it did performed very awkward last year. however i got a good return during dr.Senthivel's interference.

I got huge opportunity cost and over million cash stucked with SEMB.N and X. However i don't much worry due to following reasons.

1.
My X's AVG is .30-0.40 - I know This share will stabilized over 0.5 in near future. So it will be risk free to hold it.
regarding N, i got huge profit during right conversion and sell back it's peak over rs.3, hence i dont mind how much depreciate occurs to rest of it hold as i already covered my cost.

2. When comped to huge losses incurred due to very bad decisions (like invest in TWOOD recently) , i see no risk in SEMB.

3. suporting factors like SEMB is a very cheap share and financials also postive in all aspects.


4. When I Start my second round of invest in SEMB.X, my goal was 100% gain withing 2-3 years. Of course now it is 2 years and i am with no profit situation. but i have options Smile I could be patience for another 2-3 years considering present factors. however, then my profit target needs to reset around 200%
or may be 50% disposal around 0.50-0.60 then hold the rest till at least rs 1.00 level.

If things get smooth with srilanka and if positive factors helps to move market, this is a share that have potential to shock every one. I am, 100% understood how much liquid with SEMB, but i see no reason why it can't run when every thing set. pirat

I don't see SEMB run, how ever i see both N and X going for new level, may be N with rs 1 and x with 0.50's . lets see.. This is just my personal view.

Thanks slstock, BTW i feel you could share more regarding this topic Cool
pls share it will helps to most of us. cheers

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum