FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka’s central bank hikes interest rates to 21-year high
by CHRONICLE™ Today at 1:37 pm

» Economic Crisis Forces Sri Lanka to Shed Fears and Move Closer to US, Middle East
by CHRONICLE™ Today at 1:34 pm

» STOCK market for beginners
by Asoka Samarakone Today at 11:30 am

» Cheap Politics of Dhammika Perera: Call for Finance Ministers Resignation
by apple Yesterday at 2:27 pm

» දම්මික පෙරේරාට වැඩ වරදී
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 12:34 pm

» Sri Lanka: Tea industry faces multiple setbacks, may shut down
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 6:38 am

» Excerpts from Premier's Speech in the Parliament
by God Father Yesterday at 6:28 am

» Sri Lanka expected to increase rates as inflation soars
by ChooBoy Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:18 pm

» SEC overhauls regulations governing market institutions and market intermediaries
by CHRONICLE™ Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:03 am

» The war in Ukraine is no longer shocking the wheat market
by ResearchMan Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:44 pm

» POSITIVES & TARGETS BY IMTIAZ BUHARDEEN
by cseguide Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:34 am

» Analysis: China casts giant shadow over emerging nations' chase for debt relief
by ChooBoy Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:38 am

» In STOCK MARKET despite all odds, there is always hope. Never ever give in nor give up.
by atuts Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:14 pm

» India raises import tax on gold to support rupee and amid trade deficit
by ResearchMan Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:09 pm

» When will supply chain disruptions ease?
by ResearchMan Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:57 am

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:12 pm

» Govt gets its priorities wrong
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:25 am

» Ambassador assures U.S. support to Sri Lanka to find solutions to economic issues
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:16 am

» IMF-Sri Lanka bailout talks end without a deal
by ChooBoy Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:16 am

» Sri Lanka Breaks Into Hyperinflation Zone Amid Dollar Crunch
by CHRONICLE™ Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:11 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Announcement????

Announcement????

+3
ss7097
Slstock
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Announcement???? Empty Announcement???? Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:26 am

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

The hotel sector will do quite well in this year, with growing tourist numbers and events.... and added to that, one particular hotel will make an announcement very soon (according to the news i got)...... i don't hold shares of that hotel, but i feel it would be a star if things go well.....

2Announcement???? Empty Re: Announcement???? Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:30 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

newbie wrote:The hotel sector will do quite well in this year, with growing tourist numbers and events.... and added to that, one particular hotel will make an announcement very soon (according to the news i got)...... i don't hold shares of that hotel, but i feel it would be a star if things go well.....

newbie,
first of all I did not give you a negative rep. AM just suggesting this as you are new. The way you made your post , it can be not useful to many so it is vulnerable to - reps . So be careful what you post.

Out of the 2 point you made yes hotels should benefit with tourism. But especially "one particular hotel will make an announcement very soon (according to the news i got)...... i don't hold shares of that hotel, but i feel it would be a star if things go well." does not do good for the viewers as they do not know what you are talking about and also you isn't it as you don;t have any shares.

It would be good it you are more specific . It you are worried about stating a rumour as it might misgudie people , then just clearly state this is what I heard and it could be rumour and do not make buy decision based on itself.

We welcome your posts just be more specific . Am only trying to help as you understand and know now whY iam saying this

3Announcement???? Empty Re: Announcement???? Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:05 pm

ss7097

ss7097
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:
newbie wrote:The hotel sector will do quite well in this year, with growing tourist numbers and events.... and added to that, one particular hotel will make an announcement very soon (according to the news i got)...... i don't hold shares of that hotel, but i feel it would be a star if things go well.....

newbie,
first of all I did not give you a negative rep. AM just suggesting this as you are new. The way you made your post , it can be not useful to many so it is vulnerable to - reps . So be careful what you post.

Out of the 2 point you made yes hotels should benefit with tourism. But especially "one particular hotel will make an announcement very soon (according to the news i got)...... i don't hold shares of that hotel, but i feel it would be a star if things go well." does not do good for the viewers as they do not know what you are talking about and also you isn't it as you don;t have any shares.

It would be good it you are more specific . It you are worried about stating a rumour as it might misgudie people , then just clearly state this is what I heard and it could be rumour and do not make buy decision based on itself.

We welcome your posts just be more specific . Am only trying to help as you understand and know now whY iam saying this

Dear slstock,

I gave you + for your article which will help as well as currage to "newbie" and the people who are new to CSE & the forum and how they have to post their findings. I appreciate you guys and I'm also new and not much financial knowledge and there are some guys in this forum help me LOT and wants to salute them too...

4Announcement???? Empty Re: Announcement???? Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:21 pm

$$$

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Agreed slstock....please use this article as a guide when posting specially new comers thanks Smile

5Announcement???? Empty very well said SLSTOCK Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:47 pm

gfte

gfte
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

it is a very good comment by slstock, because this forum is more useful to study the present, past and future stock behaviours, so a post like this can be a confused one amoung the forum members, and the presious time will be wasted on finding what was the stock, insted of studing more on the perticular stock,
i strongly belive not a single one in this forum will follow blindly a stock, if there are people who follows every post and make a decision based on that, then no point of following this forum.

6Announcement???? Empty Re: Announcement???? Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:54 pm

Aamiable

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

I am not going to tell anyone. What is the Hotel!

7Announcement???? Empty Re: Announcement???? Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:55 am

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

newbie.. next time let us know the company before you post this kind of irregular title. Normally I do not give negative feedbacks unless it is utterly meaningless & luckily your post is still below my limits.

Please go through slstocks post. You can learn alot only if you willing learn.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum