FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» First capital holdings CFVF.N0000
by invest thinker Today at 6:25 pm

» The market is not out to “get” you but is just flowing along, and your position just happens to be carried along with it.
by dayandacool Today at 4:49 pm

» විජේදාසගේ... voice cut ප්‍රතිඵල
by reyaz Today at 4:15 pm

» What will happen tomorrow?
by reyaz Today at 4:04 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Promoney Today at 2:30 pm

» KGAL - THE SLEEPING GIANT
by THASSIM Today at 2:21 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 8:01 pm

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by stocknoob Yesterday at 6:55 pm

» Growing Fear
by Mr. X Yesterday at 4:55 pm

» ???? අප්‍රේල් 16 ???? මේ දින 3 කෙටි සතියත් කොළපාටින් අවසන් වුනා
by Wickyz Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» LDEV LDEV LDEV
by Eranga87 Yesterday at 10:27 am

» No trader can flee from making a mistake. It’s just that you need to be careful about not repeating your mistakes.
by Mithooshan Yesterday at 7:42 am

» SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC (PARQ.N0000)
by Chithi Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:45 pm

» ROYAL CERAMICS PLC (RCL.N0000)
by Jana Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:14 pm

» US dollar trading lower, euro near new high
by target1 Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:38 pm

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Equity Win Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:23 pm

» LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC (LDEV.N0000)
by Thushara Ayya Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:59 am

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by Eranga87 Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:12 pm

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by abey Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:07 pm

» Lanka Walltile PLC Investment Case
by judecroos Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:55 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CLND Deal and Valuation

CLND Deal and Valuation

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41CLND Deal and Valuation  - Page 3 Empty Re: CLND Deal and Valuation Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:28 pm

TheProfessional2013


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@The Alchemist wrote:
@TheProfessional2013 wrote:Hi

About eight brokers are collecting CLND. I heard there will be a deal at 70-75 range ( change of ownership). what do you think ? I feel it goes further up but does at that price. Any comment on valuation pls.

I know onething that its future looks bright and valued over 200/- but at this time what ?

regards
Always the professional

Since you call yourself "Always the Proffesional", can you please give us specific reasons to your above mentioned point, that CLND can be valued at Rs 200 in the future as the future looks bright ! At Rs 200 / Share, it will have a MarketCap of approx Rs 40 Billion. How are they going to generate Rs 3-4 Billion Profits ? Unless of course their is Gold or Oil in Pettah or under Liberty Plaza !!!


Simple FM techniques. I am not going to teach you about valuations.

All aspect for the valuation was published in NEWSPAPERS. Be aware of what is happening in the industry which you have chosen to invest.

Earnings Surprise Approach CFA Level 3 - refer note +
Economic Value Addition Concept
Intrinsic NAV Based Valuation

Regards
Read more dear friend



42CLND Deal and Valuation  - Page 3 Empty Re: CLND Deal and Valuation Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:33 pm

marusira


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@TheProfessional2013 wrote:
@The Alchemist wrote:
@TheProfessional2013 wrote:Hi

About eight brokers are collecting CLND. I heard there will be a deal at 70-75 range ( change of ownership). what do you think ? I feel it goes further up but does at that price. Any comment on valuation pls.

I know onething that its future looks bright and valued over 200/- but at this time what ?

regards
Always the professional

Since you call yourself "Always the Proffesional", can you please give us specific reasons to your above mentioned point, that CLND can be valued at Rs 200 in the future as the future looks bright ! At Rs 200 / Share, it will have a MarketCap of approx Rs 40 Billion. How are they going to generate Rs 3-4 Billion Profits ? Unless of course their is Gold or Oil in Pettah or under Liberty Plaza !!!


Simple FM techniques. I am not going to teach you about valuations.

All aspect for the valuation was published in NEWSPAPERS. Be aware of what is happening in the industry which you have chosen to invest.

Earnings Surprise Approach CFA Level 3 - refer note +
Economic Value Addition Concept
Intrinsic NAV Based Valuation

Regards
Read more dear friend



ඔව්ව ගණන් ගන්න එපා ....

"මිදී කොයිද තිත්ත නරි කියයිද ඇත්ත .."

43CLND Deal and Valuation  - Page 3 Empty Re: CLND Deal and Valuation Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:34 pm

Takecharge


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
CLND is a winner and i made a BIG profit, i did not listen to losers. Very Happy

44CLND Deal and Valuation  - Page 3 Empty Re: CLND Deal and Valuation Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:49 pm

The Alchemist


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@TheProfessional2013 wrote:
@The Alchemist wrote:
@TheProfessional2013 wrote:Hi

About eight brokers are collecting CLND. I heard there will be a deal at 70-75 range ( change of ownership). what do you think ? I feel it goes further up but does at that price. Any comment on valuation pls.

I know onething that its future looks bright and valued over 200/- but at this time what ?

regards
Always the professional

Since you call yourself "Always the Proffesional", can you please give us specific reasons to your above mentioned point, that CLND can be valued at Rs 200 in the future as the future looks bright ! At Rs 200 / Share, it will have a MarketCap of approx Rs 40 Billion. How are they going to generate Rs 3-4 Billion Profits ? Unless of course their is Gold or Oil in Pettah or under Liberty Plaza !!!


Simple FM techniques. I am not going to teach you about valuations.

All aspect for the valuation was published in NEWSPAPERS. Be aware of what is happening in the industry which you have chosen to invest.

Earnings Surprise Approach CFA Level 3 - refer note +
Economic Value Addition Concept
Intrinsic NAV Based Valuation

Regards
Read more dear friend


The whole point of this forum is to learn and share knowledge and information. So i kindly request you to please tell us (for those who missed) all aspects for the valuation which was published in the Newspapers, as you say. Re earnings surprise approach, economic value addition concept, intrinsic NAV based valuation, i am very interested in learning about these. So please take some time and make some effort to educate us so that we can appreciate these shares / valuations. I'm sorry if i though you were initially promoting these semi junk shares, but now i see i may be missing some very important points that you have mentioned and i look forward eagerly for your details.

45CLND Deal and Valuation  - Page 3 Empty Re: CLND Deal and Valuation Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:12 am

smallville


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@TheProfessional2013 wrote:

I know onething that its future looks bright and valued over 200/- but at this time what ?

regards
Always the professional

@TheProfessional2013 wrote:

Earnings Surprise Approach CFA Level 3 - refer note +
Economic Value Addition Concept
Intrinsic NAV Based Valuation

Regards
Read more dear friend


You ought 2 be kidding mate..

Earnings Surprise Approach CFA Level 3 -
CLND is trading closer to 200 times its revenue values, 3X NAV and no cash at all Smile
All it has are the ownership of LP + 14 acres property @ Pettah + buying of adjacent building of LP.
But to kick off any proposed plans, money is also needed rite?

Now are we supposed to think that they got a money printing machine added to their list?

Intrinsic NAV Based Valuation -
This has no meaning at all imo for a 'no-cash in hand' company since it will either have to sell its assets or issue rights to develop the proposed project thus the NAV will go down and the share price dilutes.

Economic Value Addition Concept -
Economic Value Addition (EVA) is the calculation of remaining profits when the costs of a company's capital - both debt and equity - are deducted from operating profit.
In simple terms, EVA is the profit earned by the firm less the cost of financing the firm's capital.
Economic profit is smaller because it reflects the total opportunity costs than usual profits.

The formula for calculating EVA is as follows:

= Net Operating Profit After Taxes (NOPAT) - (Capital * Cost of Capital)

The idea is that value is created when the return on the firm's economic capital employed is greater than the cost of that capital.

more reading: http://www.investopedia.com/articles/fundamental/03/031203.asp

Regarding CLND, to realize the economic profit, it would take years and years.. So one should not be fooled by theories imo.

46CLND Deal and Valuation  - Page 3 Empty Re: CLND Deal and Valuation Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:20 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Kindly update us on how you came to Rs 200 using this methods/ People here would like to learn from you




@TheProfessional2013 wrote:


Simple FM techniques. I am not going to teach you about valuations.

All aspect for the valuation was published in NEWSPAPERS. Be aware of what is happening in the industry which you have chosen to invest.

Earnings Surprise Approach CFA Level 3 - refer note +
Economic Value Addition Concept
Intrinsic NAV Based Valuation

Regards
Read more dear friend



47CLND Deal and Valuation  - Page 3 Empty Re: CLND Deal and Valuation Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:19 pm

Takecharge


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
CLND should reach Rs. 56 on Tuesday Very Happy

48CLND Deal and Valuation  - Page 3 Empty Re: CLND Deal and Valuation Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:51 pm

Marketinvest

Marketinvest
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
What do u advice buying at current level

49CLND Deal and Valuation  - Page 3 Empty Re: CLND Deal and Valuation Wed May 01, 2013 5:24 pm

TheProfessional2013

TheProfessional2013
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@smallville wrote:
@TheProfessional2013 wrote:

I know onething that its future looks bright and valued over 200/- but at this time what ?

regards
Always the professional

@TheProfessional2013 wrote:

Earnings Surprise Approach CFA Level 3 - refer note +
Economic Value Addition Concept
Intrinsic NAV Based Valuation

Regards
Read more dear friend


You ought 2 be kidding mate..

Earnings Surprise Approach CFA Level 3 -
CLND is trading closer to 200 times its revenue values, 3X NAV and no cash at all Smile
All it has are the ownership of LP + 14 acres property @ Pettah + buying of adjacent building of LP.
But to kick off any proposed plans, money is also needed rite?

Now are we supposed to think that they got a money printing machine added to their list?

Intrinsic NAV Based Valuation -
This has no meaning at all imo for a 'no-cash in hand' company since it will either have to sell its assets or issue rights to develop the proposed project thus the NAV will go down and the share price dilutes.

Economic Value Addition Concept -
Economic Value Addition (EVA) is the calculation of remaining profits when the costs of a company's capital - both debt and equity - are deducted from operating profit.
In simple terms, EVA is the profit earned by the firm less the cost of financing the firm's capital.
Economic profit is smaller because it reflects the total opportunity costs than usual profits.

The formula for calculating EVA is as follows:

= Net Operating Profit After Taxes (NOPAT) - (Capital * Cost of Capital)

The idea is that value is created when the return on the firm's economic capital employed is greater than the cost of that capital.

more reading: http://www.investopedia.com/articles/fundamental/03/031203.asp

Regarding CLND, to realize the economic profit, it would take years and years.. So one should not be fooled by theories imo.

You still dont understand my point. Future is future. See my first quote LOL. Ididnt talk about the present instead I asked you questions. Evil or Very Mad


50CLND Deal and Valuation  - Page 3 Empty Re: CLND Deal and Valuation Wed May 01, 2013 5:34 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Okay if CLND is worth Rs 200 in the future ( is it 3 years , 5 years, 10 years ? ) how much do you think the share trading at PE of 5 and much below NAV worth then?

What about CTLD in the same sector that is trading 50% of NAV now?

If you are looking at hidden land assets , there are also other shares.

51CLND Deal and Valuation  - Page 3 Empty Re: CLND Deal and Valuation Thu May 02, 2013 6:54 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@TheProfessional2013 wrote:

I know onething that its future looks bright and valued over 200/- but at this time what ?

regards
Always the professional

@TheProfessional2013 wrote:

You still dont understand my point. Future is future. See my first quote LOL. Ididnt talk about the present instead I asked you questions. Evil or Very Mad



For you to have a future with CLND, there must be some kinda magic that works for you.. but for the rest of us, we dont believe in magic mate.. If u know its valued 200 in future then why u asked us? Laughing That's cunning rite?

We've been asking u, how the hell a valuation like 200 came to your mind? Ur talking abt a future valuation after how many years? 5-10-15?

If ur the professional as u boast, there should be some valuation u might have seen or done by urself..

Rather than talking non-sense and economic facts, can we see this valuation pls? Even 100 is not a pretty reliable price in 1-2 years time if they go for rights to kick start their projects.. This is a zero cash company.

52CLND Deal and Valuation  - Page 3 Empty Re: CLND Deal and Valuation Thu May 02, 2013 2:41 pm

Takecharge


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
No more gambling, sold half of CLND shares in my portfolio. Bought at 35.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum