FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» WIND FORCE WIND
by Wickyz Today at 6:53 pm

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Jana Today at 5:24 pm

» What will happen tomorrow?
by madukp Today at 2:25 pm

» Growing Fear
by Thushara Ayya Today at 10:56 am

» CHRISSWORLD THE IPO
by Eranx Today at 2:39 am

» Dipped Products, Haycarb well-positioned to benefit
by KingMaker2020 Yesterday at 9:40 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by vijay singh Yesterday at 8:13 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 6:56 pm

» B P P L HOLDINGS PLC (BPPL.N0000)
by Beta1 Yesterday at 4:22 pm

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Mr. X Yesterday at 3:44 pm

» ALUMEX PLC (ALUM.N0000)
by Bakkabwoi Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:24 pm

» First capital holdings CFVF.N0000
by invest thinker Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:25 pm

» The market is not out to “get” you but is just flowing along, and your position just happens to be carried along with it.
by dayandacool Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:49 pm

» විජේදාසගේ... voice cut ප්‍රතිඵල
by reyaz Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:15 pm

» KGAL - THE SLEEPING GIANT
by THASSIM Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:21 pm

» ???? අප්‍රේල් 16 ???? මේ දින 3 කෙටි සතියත් කොළපාටින් අවසන් වුනා
by Wickyz Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:54 pm

» LDEV LDEV LDEV
by Eranga87 Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:27 am

» No trader can flee from making a mistake. It’s just that you need to be careful about not repeating your mistakes.
by Mithooshan Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:42 am

» SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC (PARQ.N0000)
by Chithi Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:45 pm

» ROYAL CERAMICS PLC (RCL.N0000)
by Jana Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:14 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » White list

White list

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21White list - Page 2 Empty Re: White list Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:09 am

Chinwi


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@kaka wrote:
@Chinwi wrote:
@worthiness wrote:Readers need clear understanding of the above data base.
Can someone explain this lucidly for the benefit of majority?
Thank you for understanding.


That list is prepared by a certain private party based on their own beliefs.
Nothing to do with CSE or financial ratios.

I know some Buddhists and Hindus who do not buy Chicken, alcohol or tobacco shares.

Majority, belongs to any culture or cult do not care about these lists, buy whatever they thing cheap based on financial valuations.

I have Muslim friends who never adhere to these list when they give buying orders.

Shame on u as a moderator.

Go & check how they calculate.

All r based on sharia complain.

If u don't know,

keep quite

Dannathi magul katha karanna apa

What do you mean by danne nathi magul ?

I wrote it because I know the criteria.

( I am not against any belief by any individual. )

22White list - Page 2 Empty Re: White list Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:24 am

Jiggysaurus


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
My point is simple.

If this cult/belief system says INTEREST is prohibited how can these cult members buy shares? All companies pay INTEREST and earn INTEREST on their bank balances.

What kind of a diyabariya law is it when on one hand it says INTEREST is prohibited and then one the other hand cult members make capital gains on companies earning (even a small portion) of INTEREST income.

Seems the height of hypocrisy.

23White list - Page 2 Empty Re: White list Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:27 pm

UKboy


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@kaka wrote:
@Chinwi wrote:
@worthiness wrote:Readers need clear understanding of the above data base.
Can someone explain this lucidly for the benefit of majority?
Thank you for understanding.


That list is prepared by a certain private party based on their own beliefs.
Nothing to do with CSE or financial ratios.

I know some Buddhists and Hindus who do not buy Chicken, alcohol or tobacco shares.

Majority, belongs to any culture or cult do not care about these lists, buy whatever they thing cheap based on financial valuations.

I have Muslim friends who never adhere to these list when they give buying orders.

Shame on u as a moderator.

Go & check how they calculate.

All r based on sharia complain.

If u don't know,

keep quite

Dannathi magul katha karanna apa

Mate, Mind your language please.
It’s a real shame to have members like YOU. If you against whatever Chinwi said, you have to reply in a bit decent way.

බෝක්කුව වගේ කට අරින්නේ නැතුව ඔයාගේ "පොර talks " දෙන්න බලන්න

24White list - Page 2 Empty Re: White list Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:44 pm

Hanoifortune


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
If you do not know, just keep quite or learn the truth and analyse. You are not a human. A best Human never insults or criticizes any one without analysing thoroughly. I have a doubt if you had born out of wedlock or incest. Do you know what incest is? Check with your current guardian who your real father/mother is.


“Incest is sexual intercourse between family members and close relatives.[1][2] The term may apply to sexual activities between individuals of close "blood relationship", members of the same household, step relatives related by adoption or marriage, or members of the same clan or lineage.[3] The incest taboo is and has been one of the most common of all cultural taboos, both in current nations and many past societies.[4] Most”










@Jiggysaurus wrote:My point is simple.

If this cult/belief system says INTEREST is prohibited how can these cult members buy shares? All companies pay INTEREST and earn INTEREST on their bank balances.

What kind of a diyabariya law is it when on one hand it says INTEREST is prohibited and then one the other hand cult members make capital gains on companies earning (even a small portion) of INTEREST income.

Seems the height of hypocrisy.

25White list - Page 2 Empty Re: White list Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:54 pm

Jiggysaurus


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Hanoifortune wrote: If you do not know, just keep quite or learn the truth and analyse. You are not a human. A best Human never insults or criticizes any one without analysing thoroughly. I have a doubt if you had born out of wedlock or incest. Do you know what incest is? Check with your current guardian who your real father/mother is.


“Incest is sexual intercourse between family members and close relatives.[1][2] The term may apply to sexual activities between individuals of close "blood relationship", members of the same household, step relatives related by adoption or marriage, or members of the same clan or lineage.[3] The incest taboo is and has been one of the most common of all cultural taboos, both in current nations and many past societies.[4] Most”










@Jiggysaurus wrote:My point is simple.

If this cult/belief system says INTEREST is prohibited how can these cult members buy shares? All companies pay INTEREST and earn INTEREST on their bank balances.

What kind of a diyabariya law is it when on one hand it says INTEREST is prohibited and then one the other hand cult members make capital gains on companies earning (even a small portion) of INTEREST income.

Seems the height of hypocrisy.


Wow you cult members are so funny.

Don't you cultists know the difference between INTEREST and INCEST?

Not surprised by what the founder of your cult did and tought.

Mr Hanoi thanks for showing us the quality and education levels of the members of your cult.

26White list - Page 2 Empty Re: White list Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:55 pm

kaka


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@UKboy wrote:
@kaka wrote:
@Chinwi wrote:
@worthiness wrote:Readers need clear understanding of the above data base.
Can someone explain this lucidly for the benefit of majority?
Thank you for understanding.


That list is prepared by a certain private party based on their own beliefs.
Nothing to do with CSE or financial ratios.

I know some Buddhists and Hindus who do not buy Chicken, alcohol or tobacco shares.

Majority, belongs to any culture or cult do not care about these lists, buy whatever they thing cheap based on financial valuations.

I have Muslim friends who never adhere to these list when they give buying orders.

Shame on u as a moderator.

Go & check how they calculate.

All r based on sharia complain.

If u don't know,

keep quite

Dannathi magul katha karanna apa

Mate, Mind your language please.
It’s a real shame to have members like YOU. If you against whatever Chinwi said, you have to reply in a bit decent way.

බෝක්කුව වගේ කට අරින්නේ නැතුව ඔයාගේ "පොර talks " දෙන්න බලන්න

Lejja nedda kade yanne

27White list - Page 2 Empty Re: White list Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:57 pm

Aubrey Perera


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
I thought this forum was a place to to discuss topics of investment and had a certain level of decorum? it shows the level of narrow mindedness and petty thinking. It's every persons right to follow what ever list he or she pleases. Where are the moderators/Admins that are policing this thread ?

Is this investment chat or racial and religious pot shots ? I have seen this forum in the past few years and the quality and standard seems to have dropped drastically , very unfortunate.

We are here to discus varied topics on investment and if it means discussing white lists please enlighten us ..... why do we question ?

Admins and moderators seem to only crack the whip at certain individuals or topics why this bias ? are you guys sleeping ? if this is allowed to continue this forum too will be a BBS vs Halal and what not forum. we don't need narrow minded, uneducated imbeciles here.

The Bull run has started lets look at that and the way forward please.

28White list - Page 2 Empty Re: White list Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:08 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Guys, I was patiently watching this thread to give fair chance for opinions.

But it seems to be getting out of hand.

Kindly stick to the topic /question asked and do not deviate as talking about other religions or beliefs can be insultive to them. Draging Race and Religions can always be controversial and sensitive so better to avoid such topics all together in an equity forum. All religions whould respect other religions. But each religion can have extremists.


I also request Moderators to be extra careful what you say here as you can get dragged into unnecessary controversies.

I see nothign wrong in the topic asking about the White list. White list is sharia compliant list. Whether to accept or reject it is upto the person.



Last edited by slstock on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

29White list - Page 2 Empty White List Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:12 pm

Jake Sully

Jake Sully
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Aubrey Perera wrote:I thought this forum was a place to to discuss topics of investment and had a certain level of decorum? it shows the level of narrow mindedness and petty thinking. It's every persons right to follow what ever list he or she pleases. Where are the moderators/Admins that are policing this thread ?

Is this investment chat or racial and religious pot shots ? I have seen this forum in the past few years and the quality and standard seems to have dropped drastically , very unfortunate.

We are here to discus varied topics on investment and if it means discussing white lists please enlighten us ..... why do we question ?

Admins and moderators seem to only crack the whip at certain individuals or topics why this bias ? are you guys sleeping ? if this is allowed to continue this forum too will be a BBS vs Halal and what not forum. we don't need narrow minded, uneducated imbeciles here.

The Bull run has started lets look at that and the way forward please.




Agree with you. Lets stick to the point. For a moment i thought i was reading a typical BBS related FB wall....Smile

30White list - Page 2 Empty Re: White list Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:19 pm

Aubrey Perera


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Jake Scully yes !!! this country has suffered long enough and for us to continue to have bull runs and economic prosperity Smile we all need to identify our selves as Sri Lankans. Sinhala Budhists, Sinhala Catholics, Muslims, Tamils, Burghers, Tamil Catholics, Tamil Budhists....do we really care we are all human and all born to one mother Lanka we are all one and we need to respect and tolerate everyone else's beliefs. Extremism will die a natural death once love and unity prevails.

Three cheers to GLAS on Monday and more bulls next week cheers....

31White list - Page 2 Empty Re: White list Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:57 pm

Rapaport

Rapaport
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
All religions and races must be respected.

I feel it is totally unnecessary to discuss this topic.

Cheers!

32White list - Page 2 Empty Re: White list Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:36 pm

Jake Sully

Jake Sully
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
you can discuss a black or white list, but ppl should not be discussing racism/insulting others here.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum