FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

Latest topics

» Prime Lands Residencies Limited (PLR)
by Nandun Today at 10:42 am

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by SL-INVESTOR Today at 9:14 am

» "MFL" DEAL to 12 RS (multi finance plc)
by sahan8896 Today at 7:48 am

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by Captain Yesterday at 11:51 pm

» Japanese money laundering via PABC Bank raise CB eye brows
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 9:35 pm

» Growing Fear
by Wickyz Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 7:40 pm

» FUTURE of BROWNS INVESTMENT PLC (BIL)
by ONTHEMONEY Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» CONGRATULATIONS TO FINANCIAL CHRONICLE ON THIS 11TH YEAR
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 3:31 pm

» HNB to merge with Seylan Bank?
by reyaz Yesterday at 11:37 am

» There are howmany funds in Sri Lanka?
by reyaz Tue May 04, 2021 4:52 pm

» Positive for BIL
by samaritan Tue May 04, 2021 3:33 pm

» The Introduction of COVID 19 Vaccine and CSE
by Mr. X Tue May 04, 2021 1:22 pm

» HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC (HEXP.N0000)
by samaritan Tue May 04, 2021 1:21 pm

» Next market support level
by celtic tiger Tue May 04, 2021 1:17 pm

» NDB.R An opportunity not to be missed
by stocknoob Tue May 04, 2021 12:56 pm

» Lanka Aluminum
by stockchaser Tue May 04, 2021 11:33 am

» Ban of chemical fertilizers is a great news
by Mr. X Tue May 04, 2021 9:43 am

» Jordan Belfort(The Wolf) vs Gorden Gekko who is the best Stock market related movie character ?
by dayandacool Tue May 04, 2021 7:40 am

» PAN ASIA BANKING CORPORATION PLC (PABC.N0000)
by wealth123 Mon May 03, 2021 9:37 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute

DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute

Submit Post

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute

Submit Post

කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Pivot Point Indicator

Pivot Point Indicator

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 14]

1Pivot Point Indicator Empty Pivot Point Indicator Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:28 am

LSE

LSE
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
A technical analysis indicator used to determine the overall trend of the market over different time frames.
The pivot point itself is simply the average of the high, low and closing prices from the previous trading day. On the subsequent day, trading above the pivot point is thought to indicate ongoing bullish sentiment, while trading below the pivot point indicates bearish sentiment.

As I mentioned earlier, the pivot point itself is the primary support or resistance. This means that the largest price movement is expected to occur at this price level. You can clearly see that by using following example. The other support and resistance levels are less influential, but may still result in significant price movements.

It is generally considered that if the pivot point is broken in an upward movement then the market is bullish. And if the pivot point is broken in a downward movement, then the market is bearish.You should keep in mind that pivot points are short-term trend indicators, useful for only one day until they need to be recalculated.

Pivot Point Indicator Pivot_10

Example :

ASI Index values as of [ 24-04-2013]

Open = 5885.29
High = 5949.46
Low = 5885.29
Close = 5933.73

Pivote Point = [High + Low + Close] / 3
Pivot Point = 5922.83

By Substituting above values to the equations given herewith, you can calculate the following S1,S2,R1 & R2

R2 = 5987.00
R1 = 5960.36

S1 = 5896.19
S2 = 5858.66

Pivot Point Indicator Pp10

Thank You.
study study study

2Pivot Point Indicator Empty Re: Pivot Point Indicator Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:38 am

traderathome

traderathome
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Thanks Very Happy

3Pivot Point Indicator Empty Re: Pivot Point Indicator Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:06 am

KDDND

KDDND
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Smile thanx mate!

4Pivot Point Indicator Empty Re: Pivot Point Indicator Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:09 am

hariesha

Vice President - Equity Analytics
A good one

5Pivot Point Indicator Empty Re: Pivot Point Indicator Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:15 am

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Thanks mate.

More reading.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t7674-pivot-point?highlight=pivot

6Pivot Point Indicator Empty Re: Pivot Point Indicator Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:21 am

Slstock

Slstock
Thanks. A clear description

7Pivot Point Indicator Empty Re: Pivot Point Indicator Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:49 am

Kumar

Kumar
Thanks LSE.
I'm using the following link, much handy.
http://www.livecharts.co.uk/pivotpoint.php

8Pivot Point Indicator Empty Re: Pivot Point Indicator Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:01 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Goodyy!!

Can we also bring up few examples to say Pivots work in CSE?

9Pivot Point Indicator Empty Re: Pivot Point Indicator Wed May 01, 2013 11:06 am

LSE

LSE
Pivot Point analyze

ASI Index values as of [30-04-2013]

Open - 5966.66
High - 5979.20
Low - 5946.82
Close - 5953.19

R4 - 6056.88
R3 - 6024.50
R2 - 5992.12
R1 - 5972.65

Pivot Point - 5959.74

S1 - 5940.27
S2 - 5927.36
S3 - 5894.98
S4 - 5862.60

Conclusion :
Trading below the pivot point indicates bearish sentiment. This will not effect to market trend at the moment but it'll drag down to next support level further due to month end clearance & selling pressure. After that up trend will continue again.

Pivot Point Indicator Pp110

Thank You.
cheers cheers cheers

10Pivot Point Indicator Empty Re: Pivot Point Indicator Wed May 01, 2013 11:43 am

KDDND

KDDND
Thank you! LSE! I didn't know this......I learnt it from you! thank you!

11Pivot Point Indicator Empty Re: Pivot Point Indicator Wed May 01, 2013 11:58 am

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
Its a very usefull tool. You have explained it in simple words. Thanks LSE for sharing.

12Pivot Point Indicator Empty Re: Pivot Point Indicator Sat May 04, 2013 7:58 pm

LSE

LSE
Pivot Point analyze

ASI Index values as of [03-05-2013]

Open - 5973.79
Low - 5973.76
High - 6035.72
Close - 6013.18

R4 - 6,193.51
R3 - 6,131.52
R2 - 6,069.53
R1 - 6,041.36

PP - 6,007.54

S1 - 5,979.37
S2 - 5,945.55
S3 - 5,883.56
S4 - 5,821.57

Pivot Point Indicator Pp510

Conclusion :

Actually by looking at above values I'd like to say, on Monday we can expect a Big uptrend or a Sudden down trend at the start. You all can clearly see that, now we are slowly closing to the next resistance level R1 at 6,041.36. If we get across from that point it'll reach to the R2 level at 6,069.53 very easily. Then after it'll enter to a clear path without any resistance till R3 point at 6,131.52. That mean on Monday there will be a higher probability to pass 6100 level at the end of the day.

Alternative scenario is when we look at the support level, It's much far than the resistance. mean we can find the S1 at 5,979.37. If it's fail next support S2 is at 5945.55. Any way keep in your mind that trading above the pivot point is thought to indicate ongoing bullish sentiment. Lets hope for the best.

Thank You.
cheers cheers cheers

13Pivot Point Indicator Empty Re: Pivot Point Indicator Sat May 04, 2013 10:02 pm

KDDND

KDDND
Thx LSE! now I am getting good idea about these points Smile thx to you again. Let me request your reply for the following things if they are worth to answer ;

1. I can assume that you find exact values for O, H & L values from chart by moving mouse to those points, but how do u get C value since the chart doesn't shows it?

2. What are these S1 to S4 & R1 to R4 points, what do they mean/indicate? how do v interpret them?

3. When passing these points from up to bottom - going down / from bottom to up - going up, is there any special indications/interpretations for action - buy or sell or any ?

Thx LSE
KDDND

14Pivot Point Indicator Empty Re: Pivot Point Indicator Sat May 04, 2013 11:07 pm

LSE

LSE
@KDDND wrote:Thx LSE! now I am getting good idea about these points Smile thx to you again. Let me request your reply for the following things if they are worth to answer ;

1. I can assume that you find exact values for O, H & L values from chart by moving mouse to those points, but how do u get C value since the chart doesn't shows it?

2. What are these S1 to S4 & R1 to R4 points, what do they mean/indicate? how do v interpret them?

3. When passing these points from up to bottom - going down / from bottom to up - going up, is there any special indications/interpretations for action - buy or sell or any ?

Thx LSE
KDDND

Dear Friend KDDND,

I'd like to answer for your first two questions in brief as follows, but your last question is not clear to me.

1. http://www.investing.com/indices/cse-all-share

S = Support
S1 = First Support Level

If a security is approaching an important support level, it can serve as an alert to be extra vigilant in looking for signs of increased buying pressure and a potential reversal. If it's fail further move in to down side.

R = Resistance
R1 = First Resistance Level.

If a security is approaching a resistance level, it can act as an alert to look for signs of increased selling pressure and potential reversal. If it's fail further move in to up side.

If a support or resistance level is broken, it signals that the relationship between supply and demand has changed.

A resistance breakout signals that demand (bulls) has gained the upper hand and a support break signals that supply (bears) has won the battle.

Note:
I think now you having a clear idea about S1,..,S4 & R1,...,R4.

For further reading follow this link
http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:chart_analysis:support_and_resistan

Thank You.
study study study

15Pivot Point Indicator Empty Re: Pivot Point Indicator Sun May 05, 2013 6:42 am

traderathome

traderathome
Appreciate LSE.....

Big Thank You Very Happy

16Pivot Point Indicator Empty Re: Pivot Point Indicator Sun May 05, 2013 6:46 am

traderathome

traderathome
The DFNTWS charting is now technically challenged....

Very Happy

17Pivot Point Indicator Empty Re: Pivot Point Indicator Sun May 05, 2013 9:25 am

KDDND

KDDND
@LSE wrote:
@KDDND wrote:Thx LSE! now I am getting good idea about these points Smile thx to you again. Let me request your reply for the following things if they are worth to answer ;

Thx LSE
KDDND

Dear Friend KDDND,

I'd like to answer for your first two questions in brief as follows, but your last question is not clear to me.

1. http://www.investing.com/indices/cse-all-share

S = Support
S1 = First Support Level

If a security is approaching an important support level, it can serve as an alert to be extra vigilant in looking for signs of increased buying pressure and a potential reversal. If it's fail further move in to down side.

R = Resistance
R1 = First Resistance Level.

If a security is approaching a resistance level, it can act as an alert to look for signs of increased selling pressure and potential reversal. If it's fail further move in to up side.

If a support or resistance level is broken, it signals that the relationship between supply and demand has changed.

A resistance breakout signals that demand (bulls) has gained the upper hand and a support break signals that supply (bears) has won the battle.

Note:
I think now you having a clear idea about S1,..,S4 & R1,...,R4.

For further reading follow this link
http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:chart_analysis:support_and_resistan

Thank You.
study study study

Thank you LSE! I got your idea & had reading bit of the link! Very Happy

"Support and Resistance

Support and resistance represent key junctures where the forces of supply and demand meet. In the financial markets, prices are driven by excessive supply (down) and demand (up). Supply is synonymous with bearish, bears and selling. Demand is synonymous with bullish, bulls and buying. " Cool

18Pivot Point Indicator Empty Re: Pivot Point Indicator Sun May 05, 2013 6:12 pm

cseguide

cseguide
Tnks LSE

19Pivot Point Indicator Empty Re: Pivot Point Indicator Mon May 06, 2013 10:19 am

LSE

LSE
Hi Friends,

Check my Pivot Point analyze in the above

ASI Index values as of [03-05-2013]

Thank You.

20Pivot Point Indicator Empty Re: Pivot Point Indicator Sun May 12, 2013 5:27 pm

LSE

LSE
Pivot Point analyze

ASI Index values as of [10-05-2013]

Open - 6255.27
High - 6290.02
Low - 6247.79
Close - 6254.62

R4 = 6,390.83
R3 = 6,348.60
R2 = 6,306.37
R1 = 6,280.50

Pivot Point = 6,264.14

S1 = 6,238.27
S2 = 6,221.91
S3 = 6,179.68
S4 = 6,137.45

Pivot Point Indicator Pp811

Conclusion :

Dear all, if you stay with this post from the beginning i think now you all having a very good understanding about this indicator,so up to now we have already passed big green days as well as few bearish days. but i think now we have came to an important turning point of the ASI index. As you all know at the 6000 level we had a strong resistance. It's took more than a year to break that resistance level. Now we are staying at 52 week high ASI level.

When compare ASI Index values as of [10-05-2013], now it's trading below the pivot point & that indicates bearish sentiment. I think this is a good time to keep your eye on the market behavior and it's activities. I will post an another analyze by using the candlestick patterns and for the moment this is only for your attention.

Now we are passing a kind of uncertain situation and RSI indicator already set to it's high levels. so, definitely there will be few red days in near future. but keep in you mind we have already passed a very strong resistance level & this will indicate further good movement of the market.

When we talking about the Monday, Next resistance level R1 is at 6,280.50. If we get across from that point it'll reach to the R2 level at 6,306.37 with difficulty. Mean, surely there will be a high selling pressure & that can drag ASI to next support level S1 at 6,238.27 or S2 levels.

Note :
s1,S2 are very strong support levels and R1,R2 are much stronger resistance levels. Monthly basis market will continue this uptrend movement.

Alternative scenario is
, if market continues it's uptrend till 63.. levels then, there will be very small probability to stay market above 63.. levels withing next 2 or 3 days.

Lets hope for the best.

Thank You.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum