FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Equity Win Today at 2:17 pm

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Today at 7:42 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Yesterday at 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by blindhog Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:44 am

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

» KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000)
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:04 pm

» ARPICO INSURANCE PLC - Reports LKR 625mn loss for the FY2023
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:58 pm

» EXTERMINATORS PLC (EXT.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:59 am

» ALLIANCE FINANCE COMPANY PLC (ALLI.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:29 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:50 pm

» PINS (People's Insurance) will be another UAL
by sakuni Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:22 pm

» A New Record Price for One Tonne of Cocoa on the International Market
by ResearchMan Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:03 pm

» Access Engineering awarded two more contract packages at Colombo Port
by samansilva Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:05 pm

» FMCG Sector LMF, MEL and DIST
by buwr Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 am

» CEYLON GUARDIAN INVESTMENT TRUST PLC (GUAR)
by soileconomy Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:00 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

My last post.

+17
LSE
SL.Market
smallville
Marketinvest
malanp
Kithsiri
stockmania
seek
K.Haputantri
Dileepa
Redbulls
Aubrey Perera
kalum
hariesha
Chinwi
Slstock
keeper
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21My last post. - Page 2 Empty Re: My last post. Thu May 09, 2013 7:36 pm

malanp

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

I also feel useless promoters should be banned.

people can not misuse the freedom of expression

22My last post. - Page 2 Empty Re: My last post. Thu May 09, 2013 10:33 pm

hariesha

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Dileepa wrote:
hariesha wrote:
It's really funny to ask reasons. We are talking here about a stock market. Does a market need reasons to go up and down? Not always. Japanese market has gone up by 63% as of today, within just six months. For what?
Reasoning is very important to me. Just an opinion worth nothing for investors.
By the way, Japanese market went up for a very good reason.

Can you give the reason.

23My last post. - Page 2 Empty Re: My last post. Fri May 10, 2013 1:27 am

Marketinvest

One mans freedom is another mans disturbance. We should learn to live with it

24My last post. - Page 2 Empty Re: My last post. Fri May 10, 2013 9:36 am

smallville

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

keeper wrote:Vone.....Start.....

DO u guys really think there's a value in a post like above? LAME, I'd say.

If you cant write a single post with value, the least u can do is refrain from wasting the time of forum members by starting threads like this...

At least try your best to bring a valuable point to the forum. We all have expertise in different different fields so its good that if we can use our heads before writing something.

And what's this BALANCING stuff? C'mon? u guys want the forum to be closed down by trying to balance the promotions as we be a overly democratic?

This may look like micro managing to some but if u look at the big picture its not that easy to keep a forum running without trolls coming in and members feeding them.

"what if some one had some information and stated to buy vone two weeks ago with no technical analysis ? "
Geez.. keep it to themselves rather telling it to their aunty so she shares it with her boy-friend and BF shares it with the forum Wink

This is a free forum which is being monitored by watch dog. We dont want to be accused and unnecessary questions being directed to us from authorities. I & Slstock told this may a time.. Ppl still asking for explanations. Its a shame..

25My last post. - Page 2 Empty Re: My last post. Fri May 10, 2013 10:18 am

smallville

hariesha wrote:
Dileepa wrote:
hariesha wrote:
It's really funny to ask reasons. We are talking here about a stock market. Does a market need reasons to go up and down? Not always. Japanese market has gone up by 63% as of today, within just six months. For what?
Reasoning is very important to me. Just an opinion worth nothing for investors.
By the way, Japanese market went up for a very good reason.

Can you give the reason.

At the start what has exited investors was an important change in the country's leadership.
In December 2012, the Liberal Democratic Party won a big majority in the lower house of Japan's parliament and elected Shinzo Abe as Prime Minister.

What has he done?
Abe has pressured the central bank to ease monetary policy and double its inflation target to 2% in an effort to end the deflation or falling prices that has been a dragging down Japan's growth.

Results?
His initiatives brought the value of the yen down. That, in turn, tends to lift the local stock market as it makes exporters more competitive overseas and boosts the value of their repatriated foreign income, increasing profits.

Why Exports should boost?
Exporters make up roughly half of Japan's stock market value. Japan's main export business is making cars, and car manufacturers have seen their share price rise in recent months.
As the stock market strengthened, the Japanese currency weakened – which is good news for the economy.

Last month's there was an announcement by the Bank of Japan indicating they would significantly increase its monetary policy stimulus, doubling money supply to boost the economy. This news resulted in boosting the Nikkei index and by the European Central Bank cutting interest rates last week to a historic low of 0.5pc and the Australian central bank cutting interest rates to 50-year lows of 2.75pc, further added fuel to the fire.

26My last post. - Page 2 Empty Re: My last post. Fri May 10, 2013 10:23 am

Aubrey Perera

So smallville have you never traded on on broker information ? only your own technical analysis is it ? do we only have to follow advice given by some and not by others? can't you guys see that some of these posts that promote have zero replies? can you please be kind enough to define what should be shared with one's aunty and what shouldn't be Smile . BTW when you go to social circles when people say buy this or that most times they don't go in to technical analysis. I have made comments on how I feel about this several times . as long as it doesn't give a price point what's the harm in saying look out for vone ? the sooner we live with this the better the forum. some people are bad at communicating and maybe even not fluent in English hence the Vone ....Start... ( I too think it is lame) but what do you think will happen by this post just ignore it . Do you think thousands of forum members are going to flock and buy VONE due the above comment. I think that ideology is lame.

What is this paranoia about protecting new investors etc are we baby sitting ? if thats the case why don't we all start a fund that will give money to those who lose money here. Remember there will always be a buyer and seller when some one makes a profit , another will make a loss....that's the way it is. False information should not be tolerated i.e saying some one has sealed a deal with no source, or Maloney purchased cifl with no valid information one warning and on the second turn that person should be banned. I really think admins and mods should looking at re working the rules and asking members to relax.

This way very soon you will not find any comments here and this forum will be left with a hand full of members, which will be very sad. FYI when I look at past topics I see that no one hardly comments any more with not many topics. unlike a year or two . very Sad. constant patrolling like this will only get members to leave and this will be forum of a few members with mods and admins. This is like going back to school Smile

Please implement rules but don't make this forum rigid let people comment....like I said earlier a comment like VONE...start ...or this or that hardly has any replies....all the best

27My last post. - Page 2 Empty Re: My last post. Fri May 10, 2013 10:26 am

smallville

smallville

kalum wrote:Hi Guys,

we are in a crucial state of the market. lets forget the personal things and be united for one aim. getting profit by trading and plan for steady PF for future!

i personally think that if some one mention a stock it is fair to give some sort of reason. other hand it is not fair if some one get banned before any sort of warning. It keep members mentality down.

Anyway lets get to gather and find out next wining counters cheers

We've actually passed that "warning" phase.. Our policy to "promotions" is zero tolerance. But when u see the past posts, we eased the pressure in may situations being liberal. Some one does a promotion, we ask facts, back ground to the topic. Usually none given.
Then the same person goes again and again and going the same thing? Should we warn again?

Its a shame if someone gets into trouble by buying a wrong stock at wrong time.

28My last post. - Page 2 Empty Re: My last post. Fri May 10, 2013 10:45 am

Aubrey Perera

Point Noted fyi....Yesterday My broker said that the second lot of Twod was sold off and " Market Talk is that it will be pushed to 7 or 8 ". I asked who the buyer was and weather there would be a new management team and also if maloneys would lose control. Hes said no one knows who the buyer is and what the status is but "something" will take place in the next few days or weeks. he never said to buy , but I bought . Maybe this is all rumour , but these are what my broker said. so I narrated the same thing in the forum. Is this promotion ? as the broker never gave me any hard evidence ?

29My last post. - Page 2 Empty Re: My last post. Fri May 10, 2013 12:10 pm

SL.Market

SL.Market

keeper wrote:Next winner will be VONE?Do you remember that post,As that post publish My account is banned,because some people said that is promotion and they blame to me,this website maintainer has banned my account till 06th of May,I would like to ask,if this post is promotion,this doing only me.

How ever after my post Vone was moving up....As i had some information,i said to you...Is it wrong...
As that situation i'm very sad and i think give up the forum....,thus i was learning lot of things this forum,
Some people hasn't information and they like frogs in the well .....This is my last post..... Crying or Very sad

Dont leave and better to be sideline here enjoying our self...

30My last post. - Page 2 Empty Re: My last post. Fri May 10, 2013 12:33 pm

malanp

Aubrey Perera wrote:Point Noted fyi....Yesterday My broker said that the second lot of Twod was sold off and " Market Talk is that it will be pushed to 7 or 8 ". I asked who the buyer was and weather there would be a new management team and also if maloneys would lose control. Hes said no one knows who the buyer is and what the status is but "something" will take place in the next few days or weeks. he never said to buy , but I bought . Maybe this is all rumour , but these are what my broker said. so I narrated the same thing in the forum. Is this promotion ? as the broker never gave me any hard evidence ?

You should not put in the forum what your broker said.

Brokers say many times unverified information and their clients fall into trouble. if you still want to put then clearly say it is your broker's idea and not your personal opinion.

31My last post. - Page 2 Empty Re: My last post. Fri May 10, 2013 12:49 pm

LSE

LSE

Finally what I've to tell you all is, do respect to all & be genuine... we all are not 100% perfect at all... share what you've learn and try to learn from others as a team.

Thank you.

32My last post. - Page 2 Empty Re: My last post. Fri May 10, 2013 2:36 pm

smallville

smallville

So smallville have you never traded on on broker information ? only your own technical analysis is it ? do we only have to follow advice given by some and not by others? can't you guys see that some of these posts that promote have zero replies? can you please be kind enough to define what should be shared with one's aunty and what shouldn't be Smile . BTW when you go to social circles when people say buy this or that most times they don't go in to technical analysis. I have made comments on how I feel about this several times . as long as it doesn't give a price point what's the harm in saying look out for vone ? the sooner we live with this the better the forum. some people are bad at communicating and maybe even not fluent in English hence the Vone ....Start... ( I too think it is lame) but what do you think will happen by this post just ignore it .

Well I rarely listens to my broker. I do my own work. Brokers say many things when they want their big clients to dump shares. Its a known secret. They even bring up many theories to convince. Should we buy those? We should analyse the things carefully..
But at any cost, crowd should not listen to only a certain set of ppl.
Good luck with TWOD.

But tell me what's someone's motive of telling others "look out for VONE?" why wud anyone wants the members to look out for a share without even pointing out why he/she thinks the share is worth watchin?
That's a loosen up excuse to do promotions. If a person is not fluent in English, he or she still can use Sinhalese.. so why worry about language?

You can share anything with your aunty as she's ur aunty but if you dont have control over aunty's re-actions, better not to tell about stocks to her. Cuz u cant prevent her from telling her BF and he in turns, share it with us.
And if any high price movement triggers by this, u cant pull out the plug of watch dog who in turns seek explanations from Admins and site owners.

The members who talk negative about bannin or taking actions against blatant promotions wont even log into the forum if such happens.. All talk like lions do NATO.
Simple as that...

Do you think thousands of forum members are going to flock and buy VONE due the above comment. I think that ideology is lame.
The forum is a representation of a small (we think) investor crowd,how can we not sure the ppl would'nt do that? I dont have telepathy.. Razz
However, we dont want unnecessary probing to our forum by outside authorities due to crazy price movements.
There'll be no actions againt the high collar crimes and day light robberies like pump and dumps but the small man is always the target. Twisted Evil

What is this paranoia about protecting new investors etc are we baby sitting ? if thats the case why don't we all start a fund that will give money to those who lose money here.
We're not baby sitting anyone but we took the past experience of a another forum (which was subjected to criticisms and once closed down due to promotional attempts) to our notice and trying our best not to be the next victim and drag our members to be victims too.

Anyways, if you really want to start a compensation thingy.. Its a good thing, we dont stop u.

Remember there will always be a buyer and seller when some one makes a profit , another will make a loss....that's the way it is. False information should not be tolerated i.e saying some one has sealed a deal with no source, or Maloney purchased cifl with no valid information one warning and on the second turn that person should be banned. I really think admins and mods should looking at re working the rules and asking members to relax.

Ppl who engage in promotions rarely listen and that's why we have to be strict about it. No warning for doing the same thing all over. There's no point of making anyone relax.. If someone doesn't give a damn about forum rules, regardless of his knowledge or experience we have to take action.

This way very soon you will not find any comments here and this forum will be left with a hand full of members, which will be very sad. FYI when I look at past topics I see that no one hardly comments any more with not many topics. unlike a year or two . very Sad. constant patrolling like this will only get members to leave and this will be forum of a few members with mods and admins. This is like going back to school Smile

Please implement rules but don't make this forum rigid let people comment....like I said earlier a comment like VONE...start ...or this or that hardly has any replies....all the best

As per ur thinking there'll be genuine members here thereafter then... ok on a more serious note, many members refrained from commenting in the bear phase. Posts were dull and nothing to talk about except the sad stories of member losing money. I, Slstock, chinwi and few others only stayed back. But have we made posts to sell our shares giving 1000 talks?

Then the bull comes, we see many posts coming in.. But go thru and see 70% of those are to re-assure the crap are good to buy now. Technically I see some reasons why we should buy GREG, CLPL and some hot stocks but many just think and say it.. No relevant information.. Its just "my gut says GREG will move next week" C'mon.. Should anyone rely on anther one's gut? May be their own guts they can trust.
Some ppl come to stock market for easy money, casino mentality.. What they do is dragging others down with them, even good investors lose interest due to the looking for .50 cents profit.

The forum is there for all to talk sense and not non-sense. So its everyone's responsibility to protect it as much as they can.
If your house is on fire, do u call the fire brigade an wait till they arrive to stop the fire? Or u try pumping at least water to control it till they arrive?

33My last post. - Page 2 Empty Re: My last post. Sat May 11, 2013 5:59 pm

wappula

wappula
Manager - Equity Analytics

කොහොම උනත් මේකේ කීප දෙනෙක් අරෙන්න අනිත් සේරම වගේ පොස්ට් දාන්නේ

තමන්ගේ වාසියට ......

34My last post. - Page 2 Empty Re: My last post. Sat May 11, 2013 6:20 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Keepa denek seteemath sathutak! Ehema neweda.

Wasiyata dana aya saha anith aya andunaganeema new comers lata amarui. Wappula puluwan veema gena sathutui.

wappula wrote:කොහොම උනත් මේකේ කීප දෙනෙක් අරෙන්න අනිත් සේරම වගේ පොස්ට් දාන්නේ

තමන්ගේ වාසියට ......

Last edited by slstock on Sat May 11, 2013 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

35My last post. - Page 2 Empty Re: My last post. Sat May 11, 2013 7:33 pm

pathfinder

pathfinder

SL.Market wrote: better to be sideline here enjoying our self...
Best available option to survive in a forum where 'paththra mallila' ruling like kings Twisted Evil

36My last post. - Page 2 Empty Re: My last post. Sun May 12, 2013 11:17 am

wappula

wappula

slstock wrote:Keepa denek seteemath sathutak! Ehema neweda.

Wasiyata dana aya saha anith aya andunaganeema new comers lata amarui. Wappula puluwan veema gena sathutui.

wappula wrote:කොහොම උනත් මේකේ කීප දෙනෙක් අරෙන්න අනිත් සේරම වගේ පොස්ට් දාන්නේ

තමන්ගේ වාසියට ......

thank you sir.
you are the best teacher for me

also thanks to sri ranga, smallwilla, chinwi and stockmate(who missed for us)

pls, don't be misunderstand other guys are bad

I saw someone posted one but it's value more than 1000 post

but above gentleman completely changed my stock trading mine.
thanks everybody happy trading..

37My last post. - Page 2 Empty Re: My last post. Sun May 12, 2013 11:40 am

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Some people never learn and they want to have their own way at the cost of all others new or old using the rules in the jungle. New or old, most investors are gulliable and these guys try to make money by hook or crook. When confronted they blame the admin & mods. God Save poor investors!!

38My last post. - Page 2 Empty Re: My last post. Sun May 12, 2013 12:43 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

bravo admins and mods,u dng a grt job Smile Smile

39My last post. - Page 2 Empty Re: My last post. Sun May 12, 2013 12:46 pm

KDDND

KDDND
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

As far as anyone stays in this forum with open eyes....
She/he can understand who in this forum serve for others with lots of goods thoughts, words and actions........... sunny

It need a time to read the post and understand the content and bit of analysis...
Think a little bit deep and with a reasonable rationale.... scratch

I understood lot of good information, education and knowledge pump into this forum by the expert who serve this forum....... rendeer
I heartfully and sincerely thanks to all of them.... cheers
I consider they as kind of leaders of my trading in CSE...

I too did some fool work due to my stubbornness and burnt bit..
But I am learning...... study
I enjoy this forum..... Basketball
I am gaining from this forum.... study

But I know I should have good filter to select the people, posts, information and advise..... farao THAT'S MY RESPONSIBILITY.... farao

I KNOW THAT is WHAT THE LEADING EXPERTS IN THIS FORUM GENERALLY and KINDLY EXPECT FROM PEOPLE LIKE ME.....!!! cheers

Thank to all those leaders and experts of this FORUM! flower
[uptodate.... Sriranga, Slstock, Smartville, Redbull, LSE,..... few more can't remember... I am learning lot from them...... their support is not just to buy which stock... but to understand the stocks and CSE.... then bit of hints...proceed from that points... ]
Smile I am a good student attending all most all days to this school from recent past...!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum