FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post



Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

Air Arabia cancels flights to Mattala from May Vote_lcap68%Air Arabia cancels flights to Mattala from May Vote_rcap 68% [ 178 ]
Air Arabia cancels flights to Mattala from May Vote_lcap18%Air Arabia cancels flights to Mattala from May Vote_rcap 18% [ 47 ]
Air Arabia cancels flights to Mattala from May Vote_lcap13%Air Arabia cancels flights to Mattala from May Vote_rcap 13% [ 35 ]

Total Votes : 260

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » DAILY CHRONICLE™ » Air Arabia cancels flights to Mattala from May

Air Arabia cancels flights to Mattala from May

+13
sanju351
manula
KDDND
wiki
worthiness
seek
Sasanka De Silva
Monster
UKboy
sriranga
Jake Sully
anu
Redbulls
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Air Arabia, the first foreign carrier to operate services to Sri Lanka’s newly opened airport in Mattala has cancelled its services to the airport located in the south of the country, a media report said.

The UAE based airline was operating two weekly flights between Sharjah and Mattala.

According to the Air Arabia website, it has been initially planning to increase the flight frequency to four times a week starting from May 19, 2013.

However, instead of expansion, the airlines services to Mattala will be completely stopped from the month of May 2013.

Reservations on the airline’s website are no longer available.
http://www.news360.lk/tourism/news-sri-lanka-09-05-2013-aviation-air-arabia-cancels-flights-to-mattala-from-may-880912

anu

anu
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Oh sad..first blow to MRIA

Jake Sully

Jake Sully
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
There was heavy radio advertisement in UAE for Mattala flights from air arabia. After seeing this post i rememembered that i didnt hear that last couple of days.

4Air Arabia cancels flights to Mattala from May Empty Air Arabia suspends flights to Mattala Thu May 09, 2013 1:13 pm

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin
THURSDAY, 09 MAY 2013 12:34
Air Arabia, the only international carrier that flew to Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport (MRIA), is believed to have either cancelled or temporarily suspended its flights to the newly built second international airport in southern Sri Lanka.

The website of the Sharjah based airline no longer provides reservation facilities to or from MRIA and the airline’s destination map only contains Colombo as its sole Sri Lankan destination.

When contacted by Mirror Business, Secretary to the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Dr. Ravindra Ruberu, cited low levels of passenger traffic as the primary reason behind disruptions to the flight schedule.

“Reports that Air Arabia has completely stopped flights are false. We have signed agreements with them that state that they will fly to Mattala however the frequency of flights is for them to decide based on the levels of passenger traffic”

A website called airlineroute.net reported that Air Arabia has cancelled its flights to MRIA from May. When queried, Nawaloka Aviation Pvt Ltd General Manger, Ramly Vilcassim, General Sales Agent (GSA) for Air Arabia in Sri Lanka, told Mirror Online that Air Arabia is operating at MRIA without any disruptions.

But he declined to comment on the frequency of flights.

CEO of Mattala Airport, Derick Karunaratne was unavailable for comment

When questioned about frequency of flights and passenger arrivals into Mattala, several officials from government owned service provider, Airport and Aviation Services (Sri Lanka) Limited declined to comment.
http://www.dailymirror.lk/news/29220-air-arabia-suspends-flights-to-mattala.html

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
I was very suprised to hear that an international airline come to Mattala at the 1st place.
It was a way tooo early (& idiotic) decision.

Now its time for Sri Lankan airline to burn more money and continue the drama...

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@UKboy wrote:I was very suprised to hear that an international airline come to Mattala at the 1st place.
It was a way tooo early (& idiotic) decision.

Now its time for Sri Lankan airline to burn more money and continue the drama...
What could be the option next? They may close the BIA for the expansion and ask passengers to choose MRIA forcefully.

Sasanka De Silva

Sasanka De Silva
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Soon only the Chinese Military aircraft will be seeing patronizing this air field. Embarassed

seek


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Monster, it was leaked by wiki leaks

worthiness


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Firstly, we need to have confirmed information of stoppage. If yes, reasons for such decision is to be found. Media has the full responsibility to produce accurate & unbiased information to public.
Unfortunately if it is true, where this enormous capital investment is heading on..

wiki


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
There are many ways to show statistics.. may be this on the card


2014 ජනවාරි මාසයේ සිට කටුනායක බණ්ඩාරනායක ජාත්‍යන්තර ගුවන් තොටුපල දිනකට පැය 08 වසා දැමීමට තීරණය කර ඇතැයි ගුවන් තොටුපල හා ගුවන් සේවා සමාගමේ අභ්‍යන්තර ආරංචිමාර්ග පවසයි.

මෙම තීරණය ගෙන ඇත්තේ කටුනායක ගුවන් තොටුපලේ ගුවන් ධාවන පථය අලුත්වැඩියා කිරීම සඳහා බවද පැවසේ.

ඒ අනුව එම පැය 08ක කාලය තුල මෙරටට එන සහ යන ගුවන් යානා හම්බන්තොට මත්තල ගුවන් තොටුපල හරහා මෙහෙයවීමට තීරණය කර ඇතැයි ද සඳහන්ය.

දැනටද කටුනායක ගුවන් තොටුපලේ ධාවන පථය පැයක පමණ කාලයක් නඩත්තු කටයුතු සඳහා වසා දමන බවද එම ආරංචි මාර්ග වැඩිදුරටත් කියයි.
http://lankacnews.com/sinhala/main-news/94100/

KDDND

KDDND
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
HABOUR ...... could be a wise move for whole country ...if they handle the rest well......

AIRPORT...... we are not so lucky...we will have to suffer for long time....coz of this airport...... it could be convert to cargo.... but yet less worth....
[* this could be converted to profitable if the runway can be extended to katunayake..... albino then flights can go without taking off or landing in between mattala - katunayake.... so fuel can be saved and airline can get more profit and continue the business.... king ]

I have only little knowledge..... so i could see as above.....!!!

manula


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@wiki wrote:There are many ways to show statistics.. may be this on the card


2014 ජනවාරි මාසයේ සිට කටුනායක බණ්ඩාරනායක ජාත්‍යන්තර ගුවන් තොටුපල දිනකට පැය 08 වසා දැමීමට තීරණය කර ඇතැයි ගුවන් තොටුපල හා ගුවන් සේවා සමාගමේ අභ්‍යන්තර ආරංචිමාර්ග පවසයි.

මෙම තීරණය ගෙන ඇත්තේ කටුනායක ගුවන් තොටුපලේ ගුවන් ධාවන පථය අලුත්වැඩියා කිරීම සඳහා බවද පැවසේ.

ඒ අනුව එම පැය 08ක කාලය තුල මෙරටට එන සහ යන ගුවන් යානා හම්බන්තොට මත්තල ගුවන් තොටුපල හරහා මෙහෙයවීමට තීරණය කර ඇතැයි ද සඳහන්ය.

දැනටද කටුනායක ගුවන් තොටුපලේ ධාවන පථය පැයක පමණ කාලයක් නඩත්තු කටයුතු සඳහා වසා දමන බවද එම ආරංචි මාර්ග වැඩිදුරටත් කියයි.
http://lankacnews.com/sinhala/main-news/94100/




yes.. this will be the next option for the government ..to get the Aircrafts to Mattala.. So then from next year we have to travel to Colombo from Mattala ???? Crying or Very sad

worthiness


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
If Government can open up healthy industrial zone which increase tine volume of importation & exportation both harbor & airport could be utilized to some extent in the long run. Surprisingly, investment environment is not set up to attract foreign investors. Good example is Vietnam that attracted heavy FDI 10 years before & even now.Since independence the planning process of infrastructure projects executed was very inefficient that loss enormous amount of public fund mainly due to the political ambitious.

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin
@Monster wrote:
@UKboy wrote:I was very suprised to hear that an international airline come to Mattala at the 1st place.
It was a way tooo early (& idiotic) decision.

Now its time for Sri Lankan airline to burn more money and continue the drama...
What could be the option next? They may close the BIA for the expansion and ask passengers to choose MRIA forcefully.

Katunayake to be closed for 8 hours-Planes to be diverted to Mattala

May 10, 2013 at 7:57 am | lanka C news

It is learnt that with effect from January 2014, the Bandaranaike International airport is to be closed for 8 hours a day and during that period all aircrafts taking off and landing would be handled by the Mattala Mahinda Rajapaksa International airport. This has been revealed from internal sources of the Civil Aviation Company of Sri Lanka.

The reason behind this decision is that in order to attend to repairs to the air strip of the Bandaranaike International airport

During this period of closure the aircraft operations would take place from the Hambantota, Mattala air port.
http://lankacnews.com/english/main-news/katunayake-to-be-closed-for-8-hours-planes-to-divert-to-mattala/

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

Jake Sully

Jake Sully
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Will the foreign airlines agree to fly to Mattala even after closing for 8 hours?
You cant force the foreign governments like you force the locals.

sanju351

sanju351
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Jake Sully wrote:Will the foreign airlines agree to fly to Mattala even after closing for 8 hours?
You cant force the foreign governments like you force the locals.

This will never happen - They will withdraw from Sri Lanka - Lots of issues involved
Crew layover - Re fueling - Passenger Loads

This idiotic policy makers think the whole world will dance to their music - King Mahinda Rajapaksha is still the king of Sri Lanka only - Not to the entire world..

British Airways is already suffering with low passengers and low revenue they may pull out from Sri Lanka if they are forced to Operate to MATTALA

Internationally when a country commission a international airport they first do the development of infrastructure and yet they offer loads of consesions to Airlines to operate to such airports

at MATTALA they offer 50% Handling charges rebate only .

In Sri Lanka Air craft handling charges is of the highest for a small ABA320 Aircraft the handling cahrges would be around 03 laks ( The handling is done by Sri Lankan Airlines and it is a monopoly government is not allowing any others to do the handling ) Landing and parking charges would be around 01 lak and fuel also they will have to take in at a high price .

When you consider all these factors plus other charges and the Licencee fees and Airport Tax ..To Operate to Sri Lanka these Airlines pay a heavy price - In india and other regional airports these charges are 30 % Less ..

The national Career Sri lankan Airlines - making heafty losses and at least they are showing these level of revenue in come through handling of these foreign Airlines they are making Huge profits Trillions a week but due to heavy losses in their operations these income is evaporated

All the Governments are failing the mother lanka -They make themselves and their families Rich Rich Richer ..Robbing the country ,,,Blue - Green - Red all the governments we had after 1977 failed this country ..

manula


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Normally all the airport run ways/taxi ways closed for some time.. for the routine inspections. That they are doing in non peak time, according to the arrivals/departures. so closing for 8 hours will be like a joke.. Now they want to force the Aircrafts to Matthala...

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
So let say a flight from Australia lands at Mattala during the night What facilities do tourist have and how convient is for visiting locals to say go to Trinco from there.

If they do foolish things without a plan we may dig our own grave. Time to put country and priority over personal issues.

@manula wrote:Normally all the airport run ways/taxi ways closed for some time.. for the routine inspections. That they are doing in non peak time, according to the arrivals/departures. so closing for 8 hours will be like a joke.. Now they want to force the Aircrafts to Matthala...

anu

anu
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
It is akin to getting rid of emirates and tagging SL Air with Mihin and together booking more than Rs 20Bn p.a losses.

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
All of us know ( except Fools and Apple Polishers around president) Mattala airport is a blunder from the beginning

Therefore this will not effect stock market

This govt is doing go0d
things also

One of them is DIVINEGUMA PROGRAM
another one is Highways project
These were initiated by previous GOVTS



Last edited by D.G.Dayaratne on Sat May 11, 2013 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add more)

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@sanju351 wrote:
@Jake Sully wrote:Will the foreign airlines agree to fly to Mattala even after closing for 8 hours?
You cant force the foreign governments like you force the locals.

This will never happen - They will withdraw from Sri Lanka - Lots of issues involved
Crew layover - Re fueling - Passenger Loads

This idiotic policy makers think the whole world will dance to their music - King Mahinda Rajapaksha is still the king of Sri Lanka only - Not to the entire world..

British Airways is already suffering with low passengers and low revenue they may pull out from Sri Lanka if they are forced to Operate to MATTALA

Internationally when a country commission a international airport they first do the development of infrastructure and yet they offer loads of consesions to Airlines to operate to such airports

at MATTALA they offer 50% Handling charges rebate only .

In Sri Lanka Air craft handling charges is of the highest for a small ABA320 Aircraft the handling cahrges would be around 03 laks ( The handling is done by Sri Lankan Airlines and it is a monopoly government is not allowing any others to do the handling ) Landing and parking charges would be around 01 lak and fuel also they will have to take in at a high price .

When you consider all these factors plus other charges and the Licencee fees and Airport Tax ..To Operate to Sri Lanka these Airlines pay a heavy price - In india and other regional airports these charges are 30 % Less ..

The national Career Sri lankan Airlines - making heafty losses and at least they are showing these level of revenue in come through handling of these foreign Airlines they are making Huge profits Trillions a week but due to heavy losses in their operations these income is evaporated

All the Governments are failing the mother lanka -They make themselves and their families Rich Rich Richer ..Robbing the country ,,,Blue - Green - Red all the governments we had after 1977 failed this country ..

After a long long time I can see a good analysis from you.
Thanks mate.

glwking

glwking
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
We needed a second airport, no doubt. But the selected location was the controversy. Unfortunately president wants to do every thing to his district. President MR is not only to president of Hambantota district but to entire nation.

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
We can't blame President only

What is the meaning of appointment of advisers and other various officers?

Main job of Most of the people in the President is APPLE POLISHING

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
What's the use of maintaining large number of advisers, if they don't provide proper advice to the president. Most of these advisers are just puppets and the public money is just wasted on them.

@D.G.Dayaratne wrote:We can't blame President only

What is the meaning of appointment of advisers and other various officers?

Main job of Most of the people in the President is APPLE POLISHING

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@Monster wrote:What's the use of maintaining large number of advisers, if they don't provide proper advice to the president. Most of these advisers are just puppets and the public money is just wasted on them.

@D.G.Dayaratne wrote:We can't blame President only

What is the meaning of appointment of advisers and other various officers?

Main job of Most of the people in the President is APPLE POLISHING

First fault is the people those who voted.
We reap what we sow.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum