FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » JINS Looks heated up.

JINS Looks heated up.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1JINS Looks heated up. Empty JINS Looks heated up. Thu May 16, 2013 12:09 pm

hunter

hunter
Moderator
Moderator
I was expecting JINS to have a run; But didn't know why.
The time looks right.
Is there any news pending?

2JINS Looks heated up. Empty Re: JINS Looks heated up. Thu May 16, 2013 12:27 pm

Backstage

Backstage
Moderator
Moderator
Check the results.

3JINS Looks heated up. Empty Re: JINS Looks heated up. Thu May 16, 2013 12:33 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@ 13:30 now and anything in the grapevine ? Very Happy

4JINS Looks heated up. Empty Re: JINS Looks heated up. Thu May 16, 2013 12:34 pm

raptor


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Think this is based entirely on results. Going to sell a bit of my holding as I can see this coming down once the so called run has fizzled out.

5JINS Looks heated up. Empty Re: JINS Looks heated up. Thu May 16, 2013 12:36 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@raptor wrote:Think this is based entirely on results. Going to sell a bit of my holding as I can see this coming down once the so called run has fizzled out.
Still ascending now @ 13:40. Embarassed

6JINS Looks heated up. Empty Re: JINS Looks heated up. Thu May 16, 2013 12:37 pm

Backstage

Backstage
Moderator
Moderator
@raptor wrote:Think this is based entirely on results. Going to sell a bit of my holding as I can see this coming down once the so called run has fizzled out.

Why so called ? look at the quantity traded.

7JINS Looks heated up. Empty Re: JINS Looks heated up. Thu May 16, 2013 12:46 pm

wellappili


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Any idea on CSEC, CFVF?

8JINS Looks heated up. Empty Re: JINS Looks heated up. Thu May 16, 2013 12:49 pm

kethees


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Will it break 20 this time?

9JINS Looks heated up. Empty Re: JINS Looks heated up. Thu May 16, 2013 12:52 pm

kethees


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
It is massively undervalued share and ignored by most of the people

10JINS Looks heated up. Empty Re: JINS Looks heated up. Thu May 16, 2013 12:55 pm

Rapaport

Rapaport
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Someone holds this share back always.
Many are waiting to dump it in frustration.
Climb can be difficult unless a large buyer.
Management has notorious track record.

Cheers!

11JINS Looks heated up. Empty Re: JINS Looks heated up. Thu May 16, 2013 1:09 pm

Backstage

Backstage
Moderator
Moderator
In 2011 I set my greedy target at 25 and missed the bus at 22+. This time my target was 15+ , but on seeing the results and market situ I have revised tp 17+. Hope I get it right this time Smile

12JINS Looks heated up. Empty Re: JINS Looks heated up. Thu May 16, 2013 1:11 pm

salt

salt
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
any target this time
can it pass LKR 15.00?

13JINS Looks heated up. Empty Re: JINS Looks heated up. Thu May 16, 2013 1:27 pm

raptor


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Its at 14 now, so why not 15. Retailers will soon pile in and keep pushing it. I'm gonna exit at 14.5.

What I meant was the so called wider market run, once the euphoria of lower rates subsisdes shares will come down.

14JINS Looks heated up. Empty Re: JINS Looks heated up. Thu May 16, 2013 1:36 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
As 15 is unlikely, I did it @ 14:10.
Not a bad move I believe at the end of the day. Very Happy

15JINS Looks heated up. Empty Re: JINS Looks heated up. Thu May 16, 2013 1:44 pm

Backstage

Backstage
Moderator
Moderator
@raptor wrote:Its at 14 now, so why not 15. Retailers will soon pile in and keep pushing it. I'm gonna exit at 14.5.

What I meant was the so called wider market run, once the euphoria of lower rates subsisdes shares will come down.

Yes agreed, but imho the second stage is just getting going, I feel well positioned to take advantage. Waiting now on CFVF the real star in present situation, all aspects seem to have come together now for it to surge TP 22+. Smile

16JINS Looks heated up. Empty Re: JINS Looks heated up. Thu May 16, 2013 2:04 pm

Bond


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Backstage wrote:
@raptor wrote:Its at 14 now, so why not 15. Retailers will soon pile in and keep pushing it. I'm gonna exit at 14.5.

What I meant was the so called wider market run, once the euphoria of lower rates subsisdes shares will come down.

Yes agreed, but imho the second stage is just getting going, I feel well positioned to take advantage. Waiting now on CFVF the real star in present situation, all aspects seem to have come together now for it to surge TP 22+. Smile

Don't dream of 22/=

JINS top 20 never changes - always the same. To get into the top 20 you only need 1m shares. So there is 67m shares or 18% held by retailers (i.e. holding less than 1m shares)

Today only 2m shares were traded. So every time the share goes up some of those retailers with 67m shares tries to exit. It's like jumping out of Welikada. Cool


Only way to sustain JINS at a high price is if someone mops up the retailers slowly by slowly.

17JINS Looks heated up. Empty Re: JINS Looks heated up. Thu May 16, 2013 2:06 pm

Bond


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
I will also add that SEMB suffers from the same problem.

18JINS Looks heated up. Empty Re: JINS Looks heated up. Thu May 16, 2013 2:14 pm

Backstage

Backstage
Moderator
Moderator
@Bond wrote:
@Backstage wrote:
@raptor wrote:Its at 14 now, so why not 15. Retailers will soon pile in and keep pushing it. I'm gonna exit at 14.5.

What I meant was the so called wider market run, once the euphoria of lower rates subsisdes shares will come down.

Yes agreed, but imho the second stage is just getting going, I feel well positioned to take advantage. Waiting now on CFVF the real star in present situation, all aspects seem to have come together now for it to surge TP 22+. Smile

Don't dream of 22/=

JINS top 20 never changes - always the same. To get into the top 20 you only need 1m shares. So there is 67m shares or 18% held by retailers (i.e. holding less than 1m shares)

Today only 2m shares were traded. So every time the share goes up some of those retailers with 67m shares tries to exit. It's like jumping out of Welikada. Cool


Only way to sustain JINS at a high price is if someone mops up the retailers slowly by slowly.


Bond 22+ was for CFVF not JINS ! JINS 17+. I also feel that they might be restructuring their set up soon. I also think that the Schafter vision has been broadening in the recent pass and we will see positive changes in the future. Just my layman's view. cyclops

19JINS Looks heated up. Empty Re: JINS Looks heated up. Thu May 16, 2013 2:21 pm

Bond


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Backstage wrote:
@Bond wrote:
@Backstage wrote:
@raptor wrote:Its at 14 now, so why not 15. Retailers will soon pile in and keep pushing it. I'm gonna exit at 14.5.

What I meant was the so called wider market run, once the euphoria of lower rates subsisdes shares will come down.

Yes agreed, but imho the second stage is just getting going, I feel well positioned to take advantage. Waiting now on CFVF the real star in present situation, all aspects seem to have come together now for it to surge TP 22+. Smile

Don't dream of 22/=

JINS top 20 never changes - always the same. To get into the top 20 you only need 1m shares. So there is 67m shares or 18% held by retailers (i.e. holding less than 1m shares)

Today only 2m shares were traded. So every time the share goes up some of those retailers with 67m shares tries to exit. It's like jumping out of Welikada. Cool


Only way to sustain JINS at a high price is if someone mops up the retailers slowly by slowly.


Bond 22+ was for CFVF not JINS ! JINS 17+. I also feel that they might be restructuring their set up soon. I also think that the Schafter vision has been broadening in the recent pass and we will see positive changes in the future. Just my layman's view. cyclops

There is only one way this will go up on a long term basis. That is if the Schafter family sells 30% of their 63% stake to SAMP. There were talks about it but it never materialised.

Schafter family has no interest in reducing their stake. The only reason why they pay high dividends is because they like to pass funds back to Janashakthi Ltd. The biggest mistake they made is not incorporating Janashakthi Ltd in Singapore What a Face

I believe there are some shareholders other than Schafter in Janashakthi Ltd Question

20JINS Looks heated up. Empty Re: JINS Looks heated up. Thu May 16, 2013 2:36 pm

Backstage

Backstage
Moderator
Moderator
@Bond wrote:
@Backstage wrote:
@Bond wrote:
@Backstage wrote:
@raptor wrote:Its at 14 now, so why not 15. Retailers will soon pile in and keep pushing it. I'm gonna exit at 14.5.

What I meant was the so called wider market run, once the euphoria of lower rates subsisdes shares will come down.

Yes agreed, but imho the second stage is just getting going, I feel well positioned to take advantage. Waiting now on CFVF the real star in present situation, all aspects seem to have come together now for it to surge TP 22+. Smile

Don't dream of 22/=

JINS top 20 never changes - always the same. To get into the top 20 you only need 1m shares. So there is 67m shares or 18% held by retailers (i.e. holding less than 1m shares)

Today only 2m shares were traded. So every time the share goes up some of those retailers with 67m shares tries to exit. It's like jumping out of Welikada. Cool


Only way to sustain JINS at a high price is if someone mops up the retailers slowly by slowly.


Bond 22+ was for CFVF not JINS ! JINS 17+. I also feel that they might be restructuring their set up soon. I also think that the Schafter vision has been broadening in the recent pass and we will see positive changes in the future. Just my layman's view. cyclops

There is only one way this will go up on a long term basis. That is if the Schafter family sells 30% of their 63% stake to SAMP. There were talks about it but it never materialised.

Schafter family has no interest in reducing their stake. The only reason why they pay high dividends is because they like to pass funds back to Janashakthi Ltd. The biggest mistake they made is not incorporating Janashakthi Ltd in Singapore What a Face

I believe there are some shareholders other than Schafter in Janashakthi Ltd Question

Who talked about long term ? Smile I have done my time, now harvest.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum