FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CIFL disaster

CIFL disaster

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1CIFL disaster  Empty CIFL disaster Mon May 20, 2013 5:30 pm

K&M


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/1083_1368762302.pdf

Long awaited financial statement is published, this truly reflect the position company is facing. Hope the New management can turnaround things, but it may take a very long time i presume given the capability and lack of corporate governance of so called new management.

2CIFL disaster  Empty Re: CIFL disaster Mon May 20, 2013 6:39 pm

NZ BOY

NZ BOY
Moderator
Moderator
This share will come down further

3CIFL disaster  Empty Re: CIFL disaster Mon May 20, 2013 7:04 pm

indi009

indi009
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
There're rumors that this share will be manipulated. The new management is expecting to conduct a news conference very soon ad there after the share prices will increase.

Any news from you guys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
comment

4CIFL disaster  Empty Re: CIFL disaster Mon May 20, 2013 7:10 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Are you thinking about buying or selling on these rumors?

Note this is a company which has an eps of - 5 when share price is 2.5


@indi009 wrote:There're rumors that this share will be manipulated. The new management is expecting to conduct a news conference very soon ad there after the share prices will increase.

Any news from you guys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
comment

5CIFL disaster  Empty Re: CIFL disaster Mon May 20, 2013 7:18 pm

Gaja


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Guess the Tomorrow's price?

6CIFL disaster  Empty Re: CIFL disaster Mon May 20, 2013 7:21 pm

NZ BOY

NZ BOY
Moderator
Moderator
2.20

7CIFL disaster  Empty Re: CIFL disaster Mon May 20, 2013 7:32 pm

gamaya


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
The finance company licence should be worth something.

8CIFL disaster  Empty Re: CIFL disaster Mon May 20, 2013 7:39 pm

salt

salt
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
I will buy just to play a bit, if it looses, let it

9CIFL disaster  Empty Re: CIFL disaster Mon May 20, 2013 7:51 pm

indi009

indi009
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:Are you thinking about buying or selling on these rumors? Note this is a company which has an eps of - 5 when share price is 2.5
@indi009 wrote:There're rumors that this share will be manipulated. The new management is expecting to conduct a news conference very soon ad there after the share prices will increase. Any news from you guys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, comment
I'm thinking about buying.................

10CIFL disaster  Empty Re: CIFL disaster Mon May 20, 2013 7:54 pm

Gainer

Gainer
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
CIFL Seller is ASPIC COP and M.A. DEEPTHI PERERA. http://www.aspicgroup.com/indexhome.htm



Last edited by Gainer on Mon May 20, 2013 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

11CIFL disaster  Empty Re: CIFL disaster Mon May 20, 2013 8:01 pm

indi009

indi009
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Gainer wrote:CIFL Seller is ASPIC COP and M.A. DEEPTHI PERERA.
yes isn't M.A.D. Perera is the CEO @ Aspic????

12CIFL disaster  Empty Re: CIFL disaster Mon May 20, 2013 8:47 pm

Jana

Jana
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
I already mentioned about interim report ..

like this

nothing there to analyse in CIFL ...very complicated situation now....
same here. I also bought some present price level and I had some in high price level..but I am thinking when they published their interim financial report ..it should be in more loss ..may be new management can take care of that but when its come price can be drop ..
so I am very confuse
1.sell and wait to collect low (may be @2.00)
2.hold this until it go up ????
3. exit with loss and invest in another one (not crap)

if you don't have too much loss then you can swap the stock


http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t28302-cifl-force-selling#165897

13CIFL disaster  Empty Re: CIFL disaster Mon May 20, 2013 8:50 pm

indi009

indi009
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Jana wrote:I already mentioned about interim report ..

like this

nothing there to analyse in CIFL ...very complicated situation now....
same here. I also bought some present price level and I had some in high price level..but I am thinking when they published their interim financial report ..it should be in more loss ..may be new management can take care of that but when its come price can be drop ..
so I am very confuse
1.sell and wait to collect low (may be @2.00)
2.hold this until it go up ????
3. exit with loss and invest in another one (not crap)

if you don't have too much loss then you can swap the stock

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t28302-cifl-force-selling#165897


I have a loss about Rs.100K.

Advice me.............


14CIFL disaster  Empty Re: CIFL disaster Mon May 20, 2013 9:12 pm

Jana

Jana
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@indi009 wrote:
@Jana wrote:I already mentioned about interim report ..

like this

nothing there to analyse in CIFL ...very complicated situation now....
same here. I also bought some present price level and I had some in high price level..but I am thinking when they published their interim financial report ..it should be in more loss ..may be new management can take care of that but when its come price can be drop ..
so I am very confuse
1.sell and wait to collect low (may be @2.00)
2.hold this until it go up ????
3. exit with loss and invest in another one (not crap)

if you don't have too much loss then you can swap the stock

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t28302-cifl-force-selling#165897


I have a loss about Rs.100K.

Advice me.............



But important If it is go down Don't sell yours.. keep it ... it will go up again very soon at least it will come back to this price level 2.50or 2.60 .. So if you can buy some @ 2/= level if it is possible ... average it ..or invest in another good pick and make money to cover this loss ..

Think before do it .. Don't take my advice is positive...

my opinion

When the CIFL go down then the management team will collect more and more shares for them ... So may be that the reason they show more loss in interim report purposely Shocked Very Happy

after their collection finished it will go but not short term now

15CIFL disaster  Empty Re: CIFL disaster Mon May 20, 2013 9:23 pm

kalum


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Wow! i think i can come to top 20 effortlessly clown

16CIFL disaster  Empty Re: CIFL disaster Mon May 20, 2013 10:14 pm

ONTHEMONEY


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
I think the prices have already adjusted for its losses.

As a well established business in the finance industry the firm will rebound in time to come with overall economic growth attached with low lending rates prevailing. Just like Seylan bank. There are many finance company's worse than CIFL if we closely look in BS.

Pls got through the following links for information about Park Lane Residencies.

http://www.hitadsclassified.com/index.php?option=com_estateagent&Itemid=26&act=object&task=showEO&id=687

Overview
-----------
Park Lane Residencies, Homagama, is a Joint collaboration between ASPIC Homes (Pvt.) Ltd and the Urban Development Authority (UDA) and highlights one of the first Public Private Partnership( PPP) project valued at Rs. 1 billion .

The uniquely designed semi-luxury housing project consists of 171 units; each house offers maximum living space with three to four bedrooms for a very competitive price, targeted at middle class and upper middle class market.

All completed 74 luxury condominium units, under phase one, are built-in with all modern in-door amenities and main out door recreation facilities such as swimming pool and club house, gymnasium, library, Mini Super Market, Day Care Centre, children's play area, along with 24 hour security, and other common facilities and infrastructure. All the houses will be provided with Cable TV, telephone and Internet facilities.

17CIFL disaster  Empty Re: CIFL disaster Mon May 20, 2013 10:17 pm

ONTHEMONEY


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
We have to wait for Announcements to come!!!

18CIFL disaster  Empty Re: CIFL disaster Tue May 21, 2013 1:03 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Can you remember CIFL people were everywhere offering 24% for FDs last year ?

Now, as per latest report they have to pay interest for 3.318 billion deposits, 552 million i.e. about 6 rupees per share. ( Overall 17% interest)

Last quarter, interest income was 1/3 of expense.
Their AVPS came down from 8 to 4 .

They will have to pay 4 rupees per share within this year as net interest payment, approx.

Then, AVPS will be 4 - 4 .

Are they still offering 24% FDs?

19CIFL disaster  Empty Re: CIFL disaster Tue May 21, 2013 1:16 pm

salt

salt
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
some rescue must be there
how this story is different from TFL

ONTHEMONEY
I asked you other day as well.
You don't disclose full information on Park lane residencies project
Have they sold all units?

20CIFL disaster  Empty Re: CIFL disaster Tue May 21, 2013 1:22 pm

Bond


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Chinwi wrote:Can you remember CIFL people were everywhere offering 24% for FDs last year ?

Now, as per latest report they have to pay interest for 3.318 billion deposits, 552 million i.e. about 6 rupees per share. ( Overall 17% interest)

Last quarter, interest income was 1/3 of expense.
Their AVPS came down from 8 to 4 .

They will have to pay 4 rupees per share within this year as net interest payment, approx.

Then, AVPS will be 4 - 4 .

Are they still offering 24% FDs?

The interest expense is accumulated. It's a book entry and obviously gives a loss in P/L

It should be converted to shares

Anyway Janashakthi Limited must have some serious balls to hold those shares.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum