FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Today at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Today at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Today at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is happening here?

+25
salt
besthope
funland
wappula
sureshot
Kithsiri
Fresher
m2_yapa
smallville
Gainer
D.G.Dayaratne
Redbulls
K.Haputantri
Slstock
cseguide
Chinwi
wiki
hunter
Vptilak
ccsentha
celtic tiger
manula
Arena
bullrun
stocks hunter
29 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1What is happening here? Empty What is happening here? Fri May 31, 2013 10:10 pm

stocks hunter

Manager - Equity Analytics

We all know that company results are available at CSE. We all know the CSE web address. www.cse.lk. We all know company results and other related matters are their at CSE site. We are coming here not see another CSE site, But to discuss about shares.

Now the entire CSE site is repeating here. What is the point. actually no point. just wasting valuable time of ours to go through this entire page.

2What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Fri May 31, 2013 10:15 pm

bullrun

bullrun
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

"Nanaththa Kaya Nanathth Sanga"

3What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Fri May 31, 2013 10:46 pm

Arena

Point is we can discuss shares one by one.

4What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Fri May 31, 2013 10:48 pm

manula

Vice President - Equity Analytics

For me It is good , so if members want they can discuss about the reports, if not please ignore the msgs..

5What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:55 am

celtic tiger

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

stocks hunter wrote:We all know that company results are available at CSE. We all know the CSE web address. www.cse.lk. We all know company results and other related matters are their at CSE site. We are coming here not see another CSE site, But to discuss about shares.

Now the entire CSE site is repeating here. What is the point. actually no point. just wasting valuable time of ours to go through this entire page.

This is the safest and easiest thing to do in this forum ...... Laughing

6What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:44 am

ccsentha

stocks hunter wrote:We all know that company results are available at CSE. We all know the CSE web address. www.cse.lk. We all know company results and other related matters are their at CSE site. We are coming here not see another CSE site, But to discuss about shares.

agree, now this looks like a junk forum.

7What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:48 am

Vptilak

For me it is useful cos we can discuss the results here. One can just look at the Accounts in CSE website, but here many members are trying to analize the results which would be helpfulto others as well.

8What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:50 am

hunter

hunter

Well, in my case, it was helpful.

It would be more helpful if a short summary (Key Points) of the report was mentioned in each post.
Then I would save about 5 minutes' time from each report.

Say there are 200 reports; I would save 5 x 200 = 1000 minutes of my time.
>>1000 minutes means almost a whole day !!!

9What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:09 am

wiki

Way that interim reports published make the forum look junk site..

10What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:13 am

stocks hunter

if any body wants to study the whole reports in listed companies in CSE that means he or she have no time to invest. That is not the best way to do share trading.

To get maximum benefits u have to select best performing /future performing companies in each sector and try to analyse those in the forum.

No point of going after each and every company. select the best to fit to ur portfolio .

11What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:00 am

bullrun

bullrun

stocks hunter wrote:if any body wants to study the whole reports in listed companies in CSE that means he or she have no time to invest. That is not the best way to do share trading.

To get maximum benefits u have to select best performing /future performing companies in each sector and try to analyse those in the forum.

No point of going after each and every company. select the best to fit to ur portfolio .

This seems like the best advise for me. Is it ok If I ask number of counters one should look into and the finally if you don't mind the companies you have please.

12What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:23 am

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

මෙතන ගැටලුවක් උනේ අන්තිම මොහොතේ සියලුම රිපෝට් දීපු එක .

එළිවෙන ජාමෙට චන්ද ප්‍රතඵල එනවා වගේ .

13What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:25 am

cseguide

cseguide

This situation is only for few days. because these is report releasing time. for me this is helpful. even publishing link is helpful rather than browsing cse.lk . and at the same time members can give their analysis for a company. yes this is like all election in one day Very Happy

Last edited by cseguide on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total

14What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:31 am

manula

stocks hunter wrote:if any body wants to study the whole reports in listed companies in CSE that means he or she have no time to invest. That is not the best way to do share trading.

Yes.. my friend. Who is studying all the reports???. What ever you want /prefer companies can study the reports. No one has said to go through all the reports and I can see comments from different members for the different companies what they prefer.

15What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:18 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Okay i posted some links and this is why I posted them..

1) I posted the links 3-4 hours before the links/news was published on CSE. It take lot of my time to search and share liek this before many other even know for the benefit of the foru,

2) Under the posts people can comment. It will be useful to analyse and for future reference also

3) This does happen every day. It is every 3 months. if you don;t like to read or it is not your compnay just ignore.

I am sure Gaja did with the same intention and effort. Then I saw Gainer also listing the illquids.

Hmm , a service in one person eye will be an issue to another I see,

16What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:30 am

Arena

This is a great thing to do. As a forum which discuss on shares these are the most important reports to be published. Different people focus on different shares. So they can comment on these reports and we can continue the discussions.
I normally have a look all the reports available since it is related to my profession.

As investors we must discuss on these reports...It is a must for every one. If not you are just a trader or a gambler in CSE. We need them also.....................lol

17What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:55 am

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

I appreciate all posts giving relavant sources/links leading to a healthy discussion, because, its a requirement as per the forum rules. Afterall, the content of posts need to be substantiated with reliable sources to avoide them being gossip+promotion. Posting links do not prevent our freedom of discussion. I do not know how this became a big issue unless some one is lazy to read & study. Ofcourse, some preffer summaries rather than full reports, but we cannot expect such strenuous work from voluntary contributers.

What ever discussion here in the forum should be based on some facts. Even though gossips are allowed they are very often harmfull for serious investors. ?Where do we get facts other than from fillings in CSE, SEC or any other reliable sources.

18What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:57 am

Redbulls

Redbulls

I couldn't see any problem posting so many threads regarding interim reports in a day.

As cseguide mentioned its like a election result day. (whether we complain the newspaper company, there were few news item, only votes detail about 200+ electrote and political leaders statement)

As Slstock mentioned most of the link were provided by our members before the CSE disclosed in their corporate disclosure board.

I think out of 70+ threads related to interim already around 25 threads were received comments. May be some more threads will receive comments during this weekend.(which will help to those who needs)

Basically the forum ls for discussion.

It is complete normal some of us do not want to participate or do not have interest in reading most of the threads.

19What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:08 am

D.G.Dayaratne

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

I do not see any problem in publishing CSE reports in this forum

Because some people do not have time to visit CSE website regularly

People can give their opinion if necessary after reading

I think some people who not like to share information with others
give bright ideas to upset whole system

This is one of most important and useful website managed by Sri Lankans

20What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:02 pm

Gainer

Gainer

Yesterday i also listed some financial reports, this my help for Gaja.

Financial report posted links in this forum useful and easy to analyse each reports and more helpful for every one.

21What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:20 pm

smallville

smallville

For some it may seem like nonsense but others like the idea of publishing the reports early..

If u see a good report in any of your holding counters, wouldn't any of u go grab few more before others see it and start buying?

Its all our perception Wink

22What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:22 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi

slstock wrote:Okay i posted some links and this is why I posted them..

1)I posted the links [u]3-4 hours before the links/news was published on CSE.[/u] It take lot of my time to search and share liek this before many other even know for the benefit of the foru,

2) Under the posts people can comment. It will be useful to analyse and for future reference also

3) This does happen every day. It is every 3 months. if you don;t like to read or it is not your compnay just ignore.

I am sure Gaja did with the same intention and effort. Then I saw Gainer also listing the illquids.

Oh Man !

You have a very good point here and it was a secret among few of us who play in IT & Investment pitches equally .
Now you have exposed it. Twisted Evil & Very Happy

Yes, they save the report file in the server before they place the link in the home page. ( this is natural for any site) . If you go directly to the server and search you can get the report hours before you see it in the web site. That means you get information before others.
But, it is a tremendous effort. You have to guess the dates and do the searching one by one.

Slstock (& others ? ) have done it for the sake of us. Members of this forum got the access to some reports well before the general public. A Million dollar effort. You know what I mean. ?

23What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:31 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls

Chinwi wrote:
If you go directly to the server and search you can get the report hours before you see it in the web site. That means you get information before others.
But, it is a tremendous effort. You have to guess the dates and do the searching one by one.

This is what happening in the news section also. (Nowadays from Island newspaper before from Sunday Times by couple of members used to post)

24What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:36 pm

stocks hunter

I can see majority are against me. Right sorry for any negative feelings created friends.

But I don't like the word "nonsense" used by small. I mentioned this for the good self of the forum only.

But in every time when an advise is given for the benefits of the forum as per my knowledge ADMINS in this site do not like to see it positively. They always try to see it differently.

By now two of my posts have been removed without nothing. I just mentioned some advises in those posts. Is this Sri Lankan style?

25What is happening here? Empty Re: What is happening here? Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:48 pm

bullrun

bullrun

slstock wrote:Okay i posted some links and this is why I posted them..

1) I posted the links 3-4 hours before the links/news was published on CSE. It take lot of my time to search and share liek this before many other even know for the benefit of the foru,

For me this is very helpful. I highly appreciate your action. Please do not stop it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum