FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

ADVERTS

Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

HELP ON KHL and TWOD Vote_lcap16%HELP ON KHL and TWOD Vote_rcap 16% [ 43 ]
HELP ON KHL and TWOD Vote_lcap21%HELP ON KHL and TWOD Vote_rcap 21% [ 57 ]
HELP ON KHL and TWOD Vote_lcap30%HELP ON KHL and TWOD Vote_rcap 30% [ 83 ]
HELP ON KHL and TWOD Vote_lcap34%HELP ON KHL and TWOD Vote_rcap 34% [ 93 ]

Total Votes : 276

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» The rupee was now ‘heavily undervalued’ based on fundamentals - Central Bank Governor Nandalal Weerasinghe
by K.R Today at 3:02 pm

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Riz123 Today at 1:45 pm

» CIC going to next level
by suku502 Today at 12:13 pm

» PMB/PLC/PINS
by K.R Today at 12:03 pm

» Sri Lanka bond yields extend fall on DDR comments
by K.R Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:32 pm

» What will happen tomorrow?
by K.R Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:56 am

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by ErangaDS Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:34 pm

» KZOO.N SHAW WALLACE INVESTMENTS PLC TP 10/
by cheetah Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:16 am

» SUNSHINE HOLDINGS PLC (SUN.N0000)
by ErangaDS Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:53 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM (SLTL.N0000) - Reawakening the Giant
by Equity Win Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:10 pm

» EXTERMINATORS PLC (EXT.N0000)
by ErangaDS Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:35 am

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by K.R Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:45 am

» Singapore based Kreate Design to invest USD 1 Billion to Colombo Lotus Tower
by K.R Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:40 pm

» China working with other lenders on ‘easing’ Sri Lanka debt
by K.R Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:31 pm

» Billionaire owned listed companies faces insolvency issues in Sri Lanka
by God Father Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:11 am

» Wahts going on with Expo
by sanjayaK Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:23 pm

» REGULATORS - DUTY OF CARE
by God Father Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:47 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by K.R Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:03 pm

» LANKA HOSPITAL + SRI LANKA TELECOM + HOUSING DEVELOPMENT COOPERATION
by nish84 Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:29 pm

» SEYLAN DEVELOPMENTS PLC (CSD.N0000)
by Thushara Ayya Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:16 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » HELP ON KHL and TWOD

HELP ON KHL and TWOD

+6
chamith
banarahu
Akalanka
RockStock
Slstock
msmprr
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HELP ON KHL and TWOD Empty HELP ON KHL and TWOD Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:34 pm

msmprr

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

I'm new to market and my stock broker agent advised me to buy KHL 21.50 and TWOD 35.00.Still I'm holding both but no gain....
Experts please help.....

2HELP ON KHL and TWOD Empty Re: HELP ON KHL and TWOD Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:56 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

msmprr wrote:I'm new to market and my stock broker agent advised me to buy KHL 21.50 and TWOD 35.00.Still I'm holding both but no gain....
Experts please help.....

I have to say that it was not the best advise to give newcomer at that time.

KHL : Is has been a very stagnant share since last year rise. It went to about RS 22 end of ls year and came down . You had bought it when it was higher. The problem with KHL is it has too many shares issued. But they did show some recovery and growth in fiancials last quarter. If you can hold long term this a decent share. if you want to dispose just wait till the new qwuarter fiannciasl are released to make a decision. Right now it is tradign at the lowest price I have seen in a while and I also saw a large crossign fo over 1million share recently. Since you held it this long I think selling it now at this stage might not be best option without monitoring.

TWOD: IS a good share but they have court case with regard to accounting standards used. If they win this ( this has been ongoing and post poning) then it will surely shoot up more than you bougth but until such time it might remain in this region. One thing to note is as TWOD is speculative now , any bit of rumor can make it go up anytime. If you unable to hold long term maybe monitoring bit more before selling will be good,/ Like KHL TWOD is at a very low price right now. I saw this go upto RS 40 last september before coming down greatly.

It is a pity that you advisor had asked you buy a Speculative and stagnat share at higher prices. Now you have this forum you can related to other peoples analysis and opinion in the future abotu shares Razz

Do oyu have a large quantity of both ?

3HELP ON KHL and TWOD Empty Re: HELP ON KHL and TWOD Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:36 pm

RockStock

Manager - Equity Analytics

What I can say is Very poor advice from your broker,especially to a new comer.

4HELP ON KHL and TWOD Empty Re: HELP ON KHL and TWOD Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Akalanka

Akalanka

yepoo. . thats definitely true.. i also experienced that with my broker. .. . so ll never believe on them only...

5HELP ON KHL and TWOD Empty Re: HELP ON KHL and TWOD Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:24 pm

banarahu

banarahu

Any one knows when will be the TWOD court decisions coming out... ?
Heard its was March but not heard about that again...

6HELP ON KHL and TWOD Empty Re: HELP ON KHL and TWOD Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:45 pm

chamith

chamith
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

I actually entered to TWOD knowing all the court case n stuff.
Cos this has become more attractive at current prices. I could say this is a value stock. In value stocks you cant see much growth, something is blocking its way. So once this block is removed the this will become a growth stock. Its all up to the court now.
If we take the worse scenario and hypothese that TWOD loose the case, then what would happen to share prices ? Will it get more worse. (ohh yea... ) but isn't that damage already done.... ???

7HELP ON KHL and TWOD Empty Re: HELP ON KHL and TWOD Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:46 pm

ShareShares

When the overall market performance improve all those shares can move up. Market picked up before New Year holidays which can move up next week again. All have got some KHL shares collected above 20, hotel sector can do well again when they release quarterly reports and annual reports. JKH and JKL are moving again.

Last edited by ShareShares on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

8HELP ON KHL and TWOD Empty Re: HELP ON KHL and TWOD Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:52 pm

ShareShares

chamith wrote:I actually entered to TWOD knowing all the court case n stuff.
Cos this has become more attractive at current prices. I could say this is a value stock. In value stocks you cant see much growth, something is blocking its way. So once this block is removed the this will become a growth stock. Its all up to the court now.
If we take the worse scenario and hypothese that TWOD loose the case, then what would happen to share prices ? Will it get more worse. (ohh yea... ) but isn't that damage already done.... ???

It is at the lowest level, cannot go further down. when the case is over this might do well.

9HELP ON KHL and TWOD Empty Re: HELP ON KHL and TWOD Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:30 am

Slstock

Slstock

As I mentioned in my previous post this is the lowest I have seen this for probably about 8 months. Not bad price at all. This court case sucked all the interest out of it. The possibility of this dropping much anymore is less ( as it already has). With some news it can go up. They are in Diri Savi board so last quarter report was not out. Maybe that too contributed to the suspence. For March they will release their 6 month report which might help the TWOD cause also.

10HELP ON KHL and TWOD Empty Re: HELP ON KHL and TWOD Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:19 am

Aamiable

Vice President - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:

As I mentioned in my previous post this is the lowest I have seen this for probably about 8 months. Not bad price at all. This court case sucked all the interest out of it. The possibility of this dropping much anymore is less ( as it already has). With some news it can go up. They are in Diri Savi board so last quarter report was not out. Maybe that too contributed to the suspence. For March they will release their 6 month report which might help the TWOD cause also.

If TWO succeed , prices can be unbelievable

Laughing Very Happy Smile Very Happy Laughing

11HELP ON KHL and TWOD Empty Re: HELP ON KHL and TWOD Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:48 am

tubal

the following two links is minimal reading for anyone investing in a forestry scheme (in the shares of such a company or in the scheme itself)

ftp://ftp.fao.org/docrep/fao/x4565e/X4565E04.PDF

the really interesting stuff is on page 26
(please note that the article is from the Food and Agriculture Organization, if you disagree with what they are saying please argue with them and not with me)

12HELP ON KHL and TWOD Empty Re: HELP ON KHL and TWOD Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:25 am

Slstock

Slstock

banarahu wrote:Any one knows when will be the TWOD court decisions coming out... ?
Heard its was March but not heard about that again...

Sorry do not know the latest exact date as they keep postponing. Actually I was keeping tracking this for awhile aloing with many other who were interested in this last year. When they kept postponing the interest died . I recall buyng some for Rs 26 in JUly/Agust 2010 and disposing laster.

13HELP ON KHL and TWOD Empty Re: HELP ON KHL and TWOD Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:25 pm

kuk83

kuk83

See the TWOD financial.

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/631_1291115053448.2010.pdf

Court case cant be forever.I think current price is very very discount.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum