Posts with "I think" will do no good.
I do not own one, but am/was interested in one.
Hybrids are meant to 'save the environment', not to reduce our fuel cost. But absolutely not a single person here will buy it for that!
Maybe the Govt reduced tax for that purpose.
My views on the hybrids
* As a result of the tax concession, the investment (cost) is on par with normal vehicles
* The rated fuel economy is around 22 km/l
* This is achieved with the aerodynamic designs, controlled driving styles and also the battery assist.
* The prius will only run for around 1.6 km at below 30km/h in the electric mode
* If you are to drive them the normal 'fun' way, they would give lesser consumption figures
* I do not know about servicing or repairing in SL
* Must be careful when purchasing older ones since ODO cannot be trusted on vehicles brought to SL and this might cause issues with the battery
* This is not the one for driving enthusiasts