- Greed causes the trader to only look at the best case scenario for profits and ignore the worst case scenario for losses in every trade.
- Greedy traders trade WAY to big a position size.
- A Greedy trader’s #1 priority is getting rich quick while ignoring the risk of ruin.
- Traders that are greedy tend to believe they can have returns bigger than the best traders in the world right at the beginning.
- Greed makes traders have absurd targets for their trades.
- Greedy traders tend to buy stocks that are down 50% believing they will double and go back to where they were.
- Greed distorts a trader to focus on the money not the homework involved to make the money.
- Traders take trades where the odds are way against them because of the greed of wanting to make huge returns on one trade. (Far out of the money options)
- Greedy traders trade with no plan and no method they are just pursuing profits randomly.
- Greedy traders are always looking for the easy path to money not to the real path of hard work and experience.
If I was a trading doctor I would look for these 10 symptoms in a trader before I diagnosed them as a greedy trader. Greedy trading can result in blindness to danger, dizziness for profits, and a loss of trading capital. Look for these ten warning signs: