FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

Latest topics

» FUTURE of BROWNS INVESTMENT PLC (BIL)
by ONTHEMONEY Today at 11:53 am

» Prime Lands Residencies Limited (PLR)
by Nandun Today at 10:42 am

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by SL-INVESTOR Today at 9:14 am

» "MFL" DEAL to 12 RS (multi finance plc)
by sahan8896 Today at 7:48 am

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by Captain Yesterday at 11:51 pm

» Japanese money laundering via PABC Bank raise CB eye brows
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 9:35 pm

» Growing Fear
by Wickyz Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 7:40 pm

» CONGRATULATIONS TO FINANCIAL CHRONICLE ON THIS 11TH YEAR
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 3:31 pm

» HNB to merge with Seylan Bank?
by reyaz Yesterday at 11:37 am

» There are howmany funds in Sri Lanka?
by reyaz Tue May 04, 2021 4:52 pm

» Positive for BIL
by samaritan Tue May 04, 2021 3:33 pm

» The Introduction of COVID 19 Vaccine and CSE
by Mr. X Tue May 04, 2021 1:22 pm

» HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC (HEXP.N0000)
by samaritan Tue May 04, 2021 1:21 pm

» Next market support level
by celtic tiger Tue May 04, 2021 1:17 pm

» NDB.R An opportunity not to be missed
by stocknoob Tue May 04, 2021 12:56 pm

» Lanka Aluminum
by stockchaser Tue May 04, 2021 11:33 am

» Ban of chemical fertilizers is a great news
by Mr. X Tue May 04, 2021 9:43 am

» Jordan Belfort(The Wolf) vs Gorden Gekko who is the best Stock market related movie character ?
by dayandacool Tue May 04, 2021 7:40 am

» PAN ASIA BANKING CORPORATION PLC (PABC.N0000)
by wealth123 Mon May 03, 2021 9:37 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute

DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute

Submit Post

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute

Submit Post

කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Forum Promoters , Demoters and how to identify them.

Forum Promoters , Demoters and how to identify them.

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
New comers ,

Below is some ideas of how to identify shady people in this forum( who is not posting due to their kindness to educate or make you win )

A) It is noticed the real promoters ( people who want to increase price to unload their shares maybe to you)

1) usually open new topics every few days for the Same share
2) use catchy post tiles and gimmicks like Take over possible, massive dividend coming, large buy will be coming at Rs xxx ,
I will buy 100000 shares at Rs x
3) no real discussions and write only a few words in each post ( does not take time explain in detail why )
4) when they explain ( yes there are advanced promoters) , the points are not logical or based on facts ( it is some fairy tale to catch your attention )
5) usually starts talking when the share has increased over 20-40% ( that when they buy so they want to share to go up further to sell)

B) Share Demoters ( so they can panic you to make you sell so they can buy cheaper)

1) can target fundamentally valuable shares or their pet speculative shares to bring down the price to collect
2) make illogical stories to make you panic
3) reverse ideas of items 2) and 5) above

C) Some times there are promoters and demoters ( 2 in 1 people) :

They will do thing to increase price and after they sell they will do things to bring it down again so they can collect again

D) There are also smart asses who show up to the forum every 3 or 6 months picking the right time to... ( fill in the blanks )
Also there are people who make multiple account to spread their game ( if you read carefully over time you can identify them and their avatars)

What you should do before you get caught to such a promoter/demoters/shady people

1) goto http://forum.srilankaequity.com/sta/memberid

Replace memberid with the actual one

ex: http://forum.srilankaequity.com/sta/slstock

will show all past posts ( mine in this case)

2) carefully read their past posts and check

a) the tactics they used as mentioned above ( use you common sense)
b) how consistent they are with what they say ( they often lie abd change ideas)
b) how senior members replied ( hint it is promtion maybe given

Also note :

E) Sometimee the hardest people to figure out are the people who talk smart and show their achievemtns.
Make sure to read their past history to see how much contribution or share analysis they have done to the forum.

F) There is a differecne between an analysis of a share XXXX which is trading at PE of 5 before it runs vs
talking about PCH at Rs 4 saying it will hit Rs 10 after it already increased 30% from Rs 3 ( with little fundamental)

G) It is noticed this forum is full of people who only believe in short term profit/ tradering and they will ridicule the power of Long term
investment. Such people panic more at share corrections. (search the forum and there are post that prove the power of long term investment )

So know the difference between short term trading vs long term investment

G) Timing : Usually timing is related when to enter and exit a share
ex : judging the bottom before a run and exit at the top is optimal timing ( it is very hard to do) .

But timing also can be

If one genuinely tried to warn people about PCH future (based on fundamentals) when it was running from Rs 20-30, at that time that person would have been shot down by many.

( When i warned about CIFL at Rs 9 and CSF Warrants at Rs 1.X to new comers some did not liked it it was a conflict in their interest)

But now if you talk about PCH and CIFL more people will believe as many got burnt and the company is not performing well.

That is also kind of timing attributed to genuine people who try to educate new comers. Try to identify who they are.

More reading :

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t27907-asi-will-hit-8000-buy-cxxx-txxx

To All those who inquired about my short term absence :

Many thanks . Glad to know there are a few people who cared.

Please note in the future I might not be active as I have been in the past.

All the best.

SLS

Slstock

Slstock
Anybody with experience  please contribute to this topic  to help new comees   to identify the people and  shady  games  some have played  and will play

We know  such people as xxxxxxx ( 7 letter name ) and yyyyyy ( 6 letter name) play games here. Don't ask me for explicit names but I have directly warned or hinted under their past posts not to play games . Also you can find them as an exercise.

If these people  continue their games  Moderators will ban such people but they can come under new names and a new set will be born.

So new comers best way is to be watchful always.

It is you money.  Your gain and your loss and upto your  to protect it.

The vounteer ADmin/Moderators cannot protect everyone interest though we try/tried. We dedicated our time here as social service which we can't do for ever. Some of us already wasted 1000s of hours as social service here.

Redbulls

Redbulls
Thanks for the elaborated message.
I can pick the 7 or 6 letters guys, thanks for the reminder.There was another with 5 letters and some numbers - missing in action nowadays.
Newbies need to read between the lines.

sandunj

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Good post Slstock Thanx for sharing. Happy to see you after some time. Appreciate...

nihal123

nihal123
Manager - Equity Analytics
You are welcome slstock
Thanks for your advice. It is as an exercise ?
Please note in the future I might not be active as I have been in the past."
Don't say like that and Redbulls I also "5 letters and some numbers - missing in action nowadays."
nihal123 Very Happy:D:D

Redbulls

Redbulls
@nihal123 wrote: Redbulls I also "[/color]5 letters and some numbers - missing in action nowadays."
nihal123 Very Happy:D:D
You know very well that I didn't mean you.cheers

celtic tiger

*It's good thing to care about newbies but I think these kind of protectionism will push more members towards safe options like-news articles,CSE reports.
*members like Sriranga,k.haputantri,CSE.SAS hardly talk about SHARES.
*When chinvi talked about CFVF some people came up with promotion banner then chinvi came up with air bus storry
 *guys where are we going? protectionism will turn this forum into  NEWS ROOM?

Redbulls

Redbulls
@celtic tiger wrote:*It's good thing to care about newbies but I think these kind of protectionism will push more members towards safe options like-news articles,CSE reports.
*When chinvi talked about CFVF some people came up with promotion banner then chinvi came up with air bus storry

May be they also had some bad expreience in the past?

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Valuable advise from slstock

I really hope you will continue your work in good faith.
Members come members leave, hope this site will give fairly a neutral platform to many retailers

GL

Slstock

Slstock
@celtic tiger wrote:*It's good thing to care about newbies but I think these kind of protectionism will push more members towards safe options like-news articles,CSE reports.

Please read again what this post is meant for.

I don;t think you have come to a right judgement at all as you looked only face value of this post( think deeper)

1)

Different old members have different styles. It is based on their personal preference or experience . Only if you know their history or take time look at it you will notice how they operate/d for years. A post like this meant for new comers did not make change their style.

Sri, Hapu and CSE.SAS all had their same style for years. Btw updating news, proving important info is also very important. We should appreciate the different levels of contributions.

2) Share discussion :

There is a difference between talking about a share before it run and after it run ( specially for short term)

Ex: ABAN at Rs 90s vs ABAN at Rs 170 or CABO at Rs 80 vs CABO at rs 130.

95% of the time people here talk about a share after they bought it and after it already ran
20-30%. ( think why)

True analysis comes in the form to talk about it ahead of time.

Some of us who did more detailed share analysis in the past do not like to waste time
anymore.

Here are couple of my examples . Read ( especially the first) and you will find why it can become a waste or time and energy and why we will not be encouraged to post.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t22325-cdb-share-to-keep-an-eye-on
http://research.srilankaequity.com/t457-acl-kcab-apla
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t20944-acl-kcab-apla-small-analysis?highlight=apla

3) Also note

when a relatively new person looks at a post, their judgement level is different compared to a seasoned member who has seen the history of what happened.

ex :
a) Assume a post "CIFL is a great buy at Rs 4.0". And in the content is says a Take over person will increase price to Rs 7 in 2 weeks . This share was once pushed to Rs 12.

A new member (or a person who was not in the market for a long time ) who sees it will think , "adei" CIFL is so cheap at Rs 4. I can make profit in 2 weeks. They might jump in and buy . But the people who study ( knows the history) for some time know what will happen and CIFL already had a dummy run from Rs 3 ro 4. They know the game played .

That is why we should protect new comers.

b) One can say Rs 50 dividend possible for XXXX. It will go to Rs 250 . New comers follow blindly and buy at Rs YYY for short term profit. Share rises by Rs 10 due to momentum. Then newcomer thanks the poster also. But within few weeks it is Rs YYY - 20.

Do you see what happen here?

If the genuine share discussion happen at RS YYY - 60 then is makes a whole difference ;-) doesn't it.

Think deepers what I am saying and my reason for this post.

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Dear Sls,

Sir, these days i also mostly watching, because i felt there is point in educating the members, if they are going to make the same mistake again and again

yaka

yaka
@slstock wrote:

Please note in the future I might not be active  as I  have been in the past.
sad to here that hmmm.......to loose ur valuable comments....

Slstock

Slstock

Guys btw,

Identify good shares and at what price you should buy.

Keep watching the market. At dips it might not be a bad idea to collect slowly in steps Wink In red market wait for price to come to you.

Do not jump and buy big quantities and then complain if the price falls another 5%.

Investment with patience is different to gambling and wanting profit in 2 weeks. Know which is which.

rainmaker

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@slstock go ahead and invest in the next CDB rights Razz

Btw Seylan .... will they get shares for the Hyatt hotel project instead of cash Question

Slstock

Slstock
Tell straight, no games.

1)  Do you think there will be a CDB right issues before september  (  after screwing people over a right issues at Rs 70? )
  If so let us know  now so we can take precausion.

2)  What are the share you will not critize and like to invest ( no right isues, not hidden crap)

Interesting  your Avatar BOnd evaded some questions  on CDB after  stating from weird stuff about CDB.
( like wanting to buy 1 million at rs 12 and wanting to try for a take over )

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t28819-interim-financial-statements-31-03-2013-cdb  

@rainmaker wrote:@slstock go ahead and invest in the next CDB rights Razz

Btw Seylan .... will they get shares for the Hyatt hotel project instead of cash Question

madurajithp

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Good one SLS as always it mean to be. straight to the point Smile
when reading whole stuff i realized there are bit of promoters and demoters characteristics  inadvertently work in myself as well. It seems common to most of members actually but I know what you point out is not general crowed but very specific people here. Very Happy

im not actually an active poster here. But what i wanted to point out is that SLS mentioned here is very important. guys read it well  and when we are commenting on a particular topic should think twice and eliminate our bad characteristics as much as possible. That will help to forum and our selves and new comers then find easy to identify real promoters and demoters play among us. Smile

seek

If someone thinks a post or few can change the direction of a price movement of a stock, then he should be a real stupid. This community is very small than you expect.

wappula

wappula
@slstock wrote:
Guys btw,

Identify good shares and at what price you should buy.

Keep watching the market. At dips  it might not be a bad idea to collect slowly in steps  Wink  In red market wait for price to come to you.

Do not jump and buy big quantities and then complain if  the price falls another 5%.  

Investment  with patience is different to gambling and wanting profit in 2 weeks.  Know which is which.

THANK YOU SIR, it is real advice

manula

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@yaka wrote:
@slstock wrote:

Please note in the future I might not be active  as I  have been in the past.
sad to here that hmmm.......to loose ur valuable comments....

Dear slstock, Thanks for all the valuable comments so far.. learn lot from you and hope you will available in future also to educate our members.

Slstock

Slstock
Think some people here still have not  got the point.  This is not about CSE overall market.

BTw :

There are  many people here who bought CIFL from Rs 4 -9 thanks to some efforts in the forum . We/I get  many PMs asking what to do now ? ( and lot of other shares)  Then  CABO at Rs 140 ( atleast that is a fundamental)  PCH at 5 . TWOD at Rs  8 SFS at Rs 4-6 etc etc.  

People should  be aware  how another forum have been used   as a platform to promote  PCH and BFL  and was  intercepted by SEC from what we know.  It was shut down  for a while.   Though forum itself maybe too small , there needs to be medium to spread stuff.  When  self fulfilling prophecies come true you will be surprised who gets caught at the top.

Look I think said enough for anybody to really understand if they really want too.  This is becoming another  waste of time.

Glad some people atleast got the real point here

If people want to make this a gamblers paradise with topic like Rs 50 dividends , A Crossing due at Rs 50 when the share is Rs 33 ,  50% share increases in 2 weeks for a negative asset share   okay you can have your way.  

Myself and some others  have behind/in front of the scene done our best over several years so you have somewhat an impartial  forum . Public do not know how much time is taken behind the scenes to sort matters

Best is for people to learn the hard way.  Time for me stop wasting further time  here as I said what is needed at this time.

May the wise  take what is relevant.  Discard the rest. All the best.

@seek wrote:If someone thinks a post or few can change the direction of a price movement of a stock, then he should be a real stupid. This community is very small than you expect.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum