New comers ,
Below is some ideas of how to identify shady people in this forum( who is not posting due to their kindness to educate or make you win )
A) It is noticed the real promoters
( people who want to increase price to unload their shares maybe to you)
1) usually open new topics every few days for the Same share
2) use catchy post tiles and gimmicks like Take over possible, massive dividend coming, large buy will be coming at Rs xxx ,
I will buy 100000 shares at Rs x
3) no real discussions and write only a few words in each post ( does not take time explain in detail why )
4) when they explain ( yes there are advanced promoters) , the points are not logical or based on facts ( it is some fairy tale to catch your attention )
5) usually starts talking when the share has increased over 20-40% ( that when they buy so they want to share to go up further to sell)
B) Share Demoters
( so they can panic you to make you sell so they can buy cheaper)
1) can target fundamentally valuable shares or their pet speculative shares to bring down the price to collect
2) make illogical stories to make you panic
3) reverse ideas of items 2) and 5) above
C) Some times there are promoters and demoters ( 2 in 1 people)
They will do thing to increase price and after they sell they will do things to bring it down again so they can collect again
D) There are also smart asses who show up to the forum every 3 or 6 months picking the right time to... ( fill in the blanks )
Also there are people who make multiple account to spread their game ( if you read carefully over time you can identify them and their avatars)
What you should do before you get caught to such a promoter/demoters/shady people
1) goto http://forum.srilankaequity.com/sta/memberid
Replace memberid with the actual one
will show all past posts ( mine in this case)
2) carefully read their past posts and check
a) the tactics they used as mentioned above ( use you common sense)
b) how consistent they are with what they say ( they often lie abd change ideas)
b) how senior members replied ( hint it is promtion maybe given
Also note :
E) Sometimee the hardest people to figure out are the people who talk smart and show their achievemtns.
Make sure to read their past history to see how much contribution or share analysis they have done to the forum.
F) There is a differecne between an analysis of a share XXXX which is trading at PE of 5 before it runs vs
talking about PCH at Rs 4 saying it will hit Rs 10 after it already increased 30% from Rs 3 ( with little fundamental)
G) It is noticed this forum is full of people who only believe in short term profit/ tradering and they will ridicule the power of Long term
investment. Such people panic more at share corrections. (search the forum and there are post that prove the power of long term investment )
So know the difference between short term trading vs long term investment
G) Timing : Usually timing is related when to enter and exit a share
ex : judging the bottom before a run and exit at the top is optimal timing ( it is very hard to do) .
But timing also can be
If one genuinely tried to warn people about PCH future (based on fundamentals) when it was running from Rs 20-30, at that time that person would have been shot down by many.
( When i warned about CIFL at Rs 9 and CSF Warrants at Rs 1.X to new comers some did not liked it it was a conflict in their interest)
But now if you talk about PCH and CIFL more people will believe as many got burnt and the company is not performing well.
That is also kind of timing attributed to genuine people who try to educate new comers. Try to identify who they are.
More reading :
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t27907-asi-will-hit-8000-buy-cxxx-txxxTo All those who inquired about my short term absence :
Many thanks . Glad to know there are a few people who cared.
Please note in the future I might not be active as I have been in the past.
All the best.