FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Touchwood - Good share

+17
Redbulls
LSE
traderathome
mark
sadikeen
Lord Toad
Sanjayacom
ddrperera
Light of Hope
manula
D.G.Dayaratne
KDDND
pathfinder
rainmaker
Chinwi
Gaja
Humble
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

41Touchwood - Good share - Page 3 Empty Re: Touchwood - Good share Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:25 am

traderathome

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

What will happen to Mahela & Sanga Bill boards on TWOD

42Touchwood - Good share - Page 3 Empty Re: Touchwood - Good share Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:29 am

traderathome

Was the Billboard removed longtime ago...I am sure they too have invested....

TAH

43Touchwood - Good share - Page 3 Empty Re: Touchwood - Good share Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:38 am

LSE

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Please change the topic of this post...
Touchwood is not a  Good share at all...

44Touchwood - Good share - Page 3 Empty Re: Touchwood - Good share Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:59 am

Redbulls

Director - Equity Analytics

LSE wrote:Please change the topic of this post...
Touchwood is not a  Good share at all...
If we keep the title as it is, then future readers colud judge the original posters intention and depth of knowledge on TWOD No? IMHO keep it as it.

45Touchwood - Good share - Page 3 Empty Re: Touchwood - Good share Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:33 pm

Humble

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Lord Toad wrote:I understand that Maloney has disappeared - which in one way is good news but he has left behind a mess of massive proportions.
Maybe some professional management can somehow save the company - there are lot of people who are after money from Moloney and or Touchwood
Listen people, I do NOT think TWOD i the best share to buy but the only reason it went down is because one of the large shareholders bought on margin and had no choice but to sell asap

TWOD has positive net assets so even if it is liquidated, at least rs 6/share might be able to be given hopefully

I dont think he has actually disappeared - there are no such reports and no proof

Maybe some people like to create panic to collect at lower levels - but I would like to repeat my self - this is NOT one of the best shares to buy but I dont think it'll go down below these rates - it should recover to 3.50 levels in 2 weeks

46Touchwood - Good share - Page 3 Empty Re: Touchwood - Good share Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:15 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

how you gonna sell trees at their balance sheet prices?

47Touchwood - Good share - Page 3 Empty Re: Touchwood - Good share Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:32 pm

Slstock

Slstock

First you say "Buy at 5, exit at 7.50 levels." That prediction went wrong.

Now you again say at Rs 2.4 it will go to Rs 3.5 within 2 weeks. ( unless you know some who manipulated this how can you be sure)

If this goes to Rs 1 then you will say " Buy at Rs 1 so it will atleast go to Rs 1.4"

These kind of posts or buy recommendations should not be done in the forum

Please stop giving price targets without a real base If you do I will need to take an action against you.

Please be careful.

Humble wrote:

I dont think he has actually disappeared - there are no such reports and no proof

Maybe some people like to create panic to collect at lower levels - but I would like to repeat my self - this is NOT one of the best shares to buy but I dont think it'll go down below these rates - it should recover to 3.50 levels in 2 weeks

48Touchwood - Good share - Page 3 Empty Re: Touchwood - Good share Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:39 pm

traderathome

traderathome

I too once bought TWOD on technical s, but closed out once it gave exit signal according to my strategy and do admit that too with a loss.
I have forgotten about it since then, and moved on without any emotional attachment to any of the stocks that gave me losses.

The issue most of us cant let go is that either we hold shares too short or too long.

For me when the price is right you have to dispose off, and wait for the next signal.

TAH

49Touchwood - Good share - Page 3 Empty Re: Touchwood - Good share Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:45 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls

slstock wrote: I will need to take an action against you.

Please be careful.
If possible check his previous posts IP addresses - may be youl'll find some bunch of self proclaimed intellactuals and intelligent investors names there.

50Touchwood - Good share - Page 3 Empty Re: Touchwood - Good share Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:47 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls

traderathome wrote:
For me when the price is right you have to dispose off, and wait for the next signal.
TAH
That's the beauty of professional trader, most of the CSE players are gamblers.

51Touchwood - Good share - Page 3 Empty Re: Touchwood - Good share Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:55 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Please don;t as there was something here who like to own that statement " I told you so"

Btw, by any chance did you receive any recent response from management about your investment?

Lord Toad wrote:I received notice of a winding up order - I would say I told you so but that would be impolite  https://i.servimg.com/u/f76/18/50/18/25/touchw10.jpg

52Touchwood - Good share - Page 3 Empty Re: Touchwood - Good share Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:40 pm

shehani.perera.1612

shehani.perera.1612
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Humble wrote:
Lord Toad wrote:I understand that Maloney has disappeared - which in one way is good news but he has left behind a mess of massive proportions.
Maybe some professional management can somehow save the company - there are lot of people who are after money from Moloney and or Touchwood
Listen people, I do NOT think TWOD i the best share to buy but the only reason it went down is because one of the large shareholders bought on margin and had no choice but to sell asap

TWOD has positive net assets so even if it is liquidated, at least rs 6/share might be able to be given hopefully

Hi Guys, Have anyone been to any of their Plantations? Have you seen their Trees? DO you know the Current market price for mahogany Trees? How could you say anything about a real value of those Tress, Balance Sheet good because of the Re-Valuation Reserve, But in the other hand, you must see the Committed harvest Return, There is no Way that you could See any way of paying those returns. I don't think its fair to promote this share here because, the small investors will again get stuck with these manipulative statements, I guess the forum has to be fair and informative rather than a marketing tool.

53Touchwood - Good share - Page 3 Empty Re: Touchwood - Good share Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:15 am

CSE.SAS

CSE.SAS
Global Moderator

Lord Toad wrote:I received notice of a winding up order - I would say I told you so but that would be impolite  https://i.servimg.com/u/f76/18/50/18/25/touchw10.jpg
Pls mention the date of this news paper...

54Touchwood - Good share - Page 3 Empty Re: Touchwood - Good share Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:35 am

sadikeen

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

[quote="CSE.SAS"]
Pls mention the date of this news paper...[/quote

It appeared in the Daily News paper on 30/08/2013 (Friday) under the advertisement section page No. Vi.

55Touchwood - Good share - Page 3 Empty Re: Touchwood - Good share Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:38 am

Jana1

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

CSE.SAS wrote:
The paper must be in between 24/July/2013 and 1/Sep/2013. I am just wondering why all these business papers keep silent about their wind up petition?? Are they get paid under the table???

Last edited by Jana1 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total

56Touchwood - Good share - Page 3 Empty Re: Touchwood - Good share Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:43 am

Redbulls

Redbulls

Jana1 wrote:
CSE.SAS wrote:
The paper must be before 24/July/2013. I am just wondering why all these business papers keep silent about their wind up petition?? Are they get paid under the table???
Seems to be even CSE or SEC officials didn't get any communication.
confused 

57Touchwood - Good share - Page 3 Empty Re: Touchwood - Good share Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:25 pm

Lord Toad

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

shehani.perera.1612 wrote:
Humble wrote:

Hi Guys, Have anyone been to any of their Plantations? Have you seen their Trees? DO you know the Current market price for mahogany Trees? How could you say anything about a real value of those Tress, Balance Sheet good because of the Re-Valuation Reserve, But in the other hand, you must see the Committed harvest Return, There is no Way that you could See any way of paying those returns. I don't think its fair to promote this share here because, the small investors will again get stuck with these manipulative statements, I guess the forum has to be fair and informative rather than a marketing tool.  
That is great analysis until you realize that most of those trees are sold to investors. And if it is like Thailand there will be more tree investors than trees planted.
On top of that all international tree owners - wherever they have invested - have a claim as TWOD was part of the investment marketing and in many cases there is a contract with a direct link back to TWOD - signed by a maloney who was a director of both companies.

My group alone has a claim for over $6 million - we believe there is about $40 million in total. Now start reworking the figures!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum