FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» ROYAL CERAMICS PLC (RCL.N0000)
by Dilip Today at 11:55 am

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by ronstyn53 Yesterday at 10:22 pm

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by abey Yesterday at 9:07 pm

» First capital holdings CFVF.N0000
by invest thinker Yesterday at 4:46 pm

» LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC (LDEV.N0000)
by Wolf86 Yesterday at 2:00 pm

» ???? අප්‍රේල් 16 ???? මේ දින 3 කෙටි සතියත් කොළපාටින් අවසන් වුනා
by dayandacool Yesterday at 1:58 pm

» Lanka Walltile PLC Investment Case
by judecroos Yesterday at 8:55 am

» Which is the best at current market condition ? ( At least 30% within 30 Days)
by judecroos Yesterday at 8:39 am

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:03 pm

» Big opportunity in Kegalle Plantations
by EquityChamp Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:58 pm

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by stockchaser Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:42 pm

» විජේදාසගේ... voice cut ප්‍රතිඵල
by nigma Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:59 am

» If you buy a stock that’s not going up in price, you won’t make any money. STOCK market for beginners
by dayandacool Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:31 am

» B P P L HOLDINGS PLC (BPPL.N0000)
by vikiperera Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:17 am

» VPEL VPEL VPEL
by invest thinker Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:23 am

» Thoughts on SINS
by Swissinvest Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:04 am

» VFIN / VPEL / PABC - Share SPLIT or VTWO ?
by WealthKing Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:33 am

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Harry82 Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:46 am

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Jana Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:15 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by learningthemarket Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:18 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CSD - The hidden gem

CSD - The hidden gem

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61CSD - The hidden gem - Page 4 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:45 am

Balanced_Views


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@chat1028 wrote:This is a real gem. if you have just hold it for few weeks. this would reach to 14 level by this August since this is massively undervalue.

I agree. No one has any proper negative thing to say about this share. Its a brilliant share. I agree - 14 (40% growth)

62CSD - The hidden gem - Page 4 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:02 pm

pathfinder


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Balanced_Views wrote:
I agree. No one has any proper negative thing to say about this share.

If you have a "balanced views",you could have seen what I said earlier Evil or Very Mad 

63CSD - The hidden gem - Page 4 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:47 pm

Balanced_Views


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@pathfinder wrote:
@Balanced_Views wrote:
I agree. No one has any proper negative thing to say about this share.

If you have a "balanced views",you could have seen what I said earlier Evil or Very Mad 

I said "proper negative things". PROPER. It must be based on facts. Anyone can say a negative thing about any share but you must back it up with facts the same way I have provided facts on why it is a good share!

64CSD - The hidden gem - Page 4 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:05 pm

pathfinder


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Balanced_Views wrote:
I said "proper negative things". PROPER. It must be based on facts. Anyone can say a negative thing about any share but you must back it up with facts the same way I have provided facts on why it is a good share!
What is improper EPS,PE or NAVPS Mad 

65CSD - The hidden gem - Page 4 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:21 pm

smallville


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@Balanced_Views wrote:

Yes but no one has pointed out any negative reasons based on facts - if they do, I would appreciate it very much since that would make it a healthy debate

Really??? u dint see this comment.. I told u ne, dont get urself blind folded..

@smallville wrote:
Ohh.. I'm not saying Balanced_Views is from CT... Nor this CSD is a bad share.. In fact CSD is good but not a GEM.. THey dont have much to talk about as revenue generators or multipliers in coming years so that investors rally on this.. Only thing is its trading at more than half its NAV.. I thought this as an advantage earlier but I guess since they cannot make their income increase in big portions, its justifiable.. May be that's why Mr. D Perera is also silent..

Mate, in above quote, I implied that generating more and more income is difficult due to rentals cannot be increased in that manner..

If u dont understand this, then there's no point in having a further discussion of a GEM.

As I said many times, trading opportunities are there with many shares.. In few months time, this can even hit 13-14 levels but there's no valid reason it to be based on NAV or EPS.
U cannot be possibly thinking that CSD can announce they increase rentals every quarter just to show their profits are increasing, can u?

66CSD - The hidden gem - Page 4 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:41 pm

chat1028


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Dear Admin
This is what i feel on your comment
You said that Rental can not be increased every quarter.
As the same way any company can not increase their products & services price every quarter.
If your point is correct it should be related to every company.
Thanks

67CSD - The hidden gem - Page 4 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:27 am

Balanced_Views


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@smallville wrote:
@Balanced_Views wrote:

Yes but no one has pointed out any negative reasons based on facts - if they do, I would appreciate it very much since that would make it a healthy debate

Really??? u dint see this comment.. I told u ne, dont get urself blind folded..

@smallville wrote:
Ohh.. I'm not saying Balanced_Views is from CT... Nor this CSD is a bad share.. In fact CSD is good but not a GEM.. THey dont have much to talk about as revenue generators or multipliers in coming years so that investors rally on this.. Only thing is its trading at more than half its NAV.. I thought this as an advantage earlier but I guess since they cannot make their income increase in big portions, its justifiable.. May be that's why Mr. D Perera is also silent..

Mate, in above quote, I implied that generating more and more income is difficult due to rentals cannot be increased in that manner..

If u dont understand this, then there's no point in having a further discussion of a GEM.

As I said many times, trading opportunities are there with many shares.. In few months time, this can even hit 13-14 levels but there's no valid reason it to be based on NAV or EPS.
U cannot be possibly thinking that CSD can announce they increase rentals every quarter just to show their profits are increasing, can u?

But they are hoping to increase rentals due to refurbishments next quarter! And once they finish the office building in Union Place - of course rentals will go up! Esp since they wont be renting it to their parent company

68CSD - The hidden gem - Page 4 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:37 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@chat1028 wrote:Dear Admin
This is what i feel on your comment
You said that Rental can not be increased every quarter.
As the same way any company can not increase their products & services price every quarter.
If your point is correct it should be related to every company.
Thanks

Of course its related to every company... But there are ways companies can increase Qtr-Qtr results as well..

Cant companies increase/decrease the production too??
Cant companies make use of their investments/short term cash and generate some other income?
Cant companies think of product diversification or innovations and bring new products to the market?
Cant companies seek for new markets??

rabbit 

With CSD we can talk about rentals over and over.. See.. its again rentals when refurbishments happen and new office buildings come up..
If they have lands and if they sell those, revenues may go up too.. Then again that's a one-off which an investor would not think of..

Ohhh.. I'm tired of talking about rentals dudes.. Can u guys come up with some other ideas pls...

69CSD - The hidden gem - Page 4 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:48 am

Balanced_Views


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Balanced_Views wrote:My reasons for selecting CSD as one of the best shares in the CSE:

- Debt-Equity ratio is an excellent 0.1%

- An outstanding Price to Book value of 0.34

- A 50+ perch land at Union Place to be included in CSD’s portfolio and the construction of a 10 storey office complex on said land

- Additions: CSD is hoping to come up with extra value additions to their existing Seylan Tower premises

- Income increase: Rentals expected to go up after refurbishments

- Electricity cost reduction program: CSD has tied up with Access Solar Systems for bringing up innovative solar energy system in order to reduce electricity consumption of Seylan Towers by approx 30%.

- Absolutely no connection to the former regime - Kotelawala etc have nothing to do with this company - new shareholders and directors.

- 2 largest shareholders (other than the Bank) are JB Cocoshell and Dhammika Perera: two intelligent investors.

All Time High: 23.90
Current Price: Rs 10 (with a NAV of almost 29 - under-valued)
Target Price within 12 months*: Rs 14 (40% growth)

Disclaimer: please do your own research before making a decision. I am only stating my opinion. Dont let people tell you what to buy/sell - do your own analysis. I am not giving advice or making a recommendation - just stating my personal opinion based on facts. Thank You.

*Given that market conditions remain stable

This is THE stock to BUY right now. These levels are excellent. If you want 35% growth in three months, BUY

70CSD - The hidden gem - Page 4 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:28 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@Balanced_Views wrote:
This is THE stock to BUY right now. These levels are excellent. If you want 35% growth in three months, BUY

Ok.. Are u lost buying high???? Now ur promoting this rather than answering my questions..

Would like to encourage you to re-asses ur research with balanced facts rather than asking others to buy... Last warning if ur damn adamant to understand simple things..

71CSD - The hidden gem - Page 4 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:56 am

Humble


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Balanced_Views wrote:
@Balanced_Views wrote:My reasons for selecting CSD as one of the best shares in the CSE:

- Debt-Equity ratio is an excellent 0.1%

- An outstanding Price to Book value of 0.34

- A 50+ perch land at Union Place to be included in CSD’s portfolio and the construction of a 10 storey office complex on said land

- Additions: CSD is hoping to come up with extra value additions to their existing Seylan Tower premises

- Income increase: Rentals expected to go up after refurbishments

- Electricity cost reduction program: CSD has tied up with Access Solar Systems for bringing up innovative solar energy system in order to reduce electricity consumption of Seylan Towers by approx 30%.

- Absolutely no connection to the former regime - Kotelawala etc have nothing to do with this company - new shareholders and directors.

- 2 largest shareholders (other than the Bank) are JB Cocoshell and Dhammika Perera: two intelligent investors.

All Time High: 23.90
Current Price: Rs 10 (with a NAV of almost 29 - under-valued)
Target Price within 12 months*: Rs 14 (40% growth)

Disclaimer: please do your own research before making a decision. I am only stating my opinion. Dont let people tell you what to buy/sell - do your own analysis. I am not giving advice or making a recommendation - just stating my personal opinion based on facts. Thank You.

*Given that market conditions remain stable

This is THE stock to BUY right now. These levels are excellent. If you want 35% growth in three months, BUY

Yeah - great share.

72CSD - The hidden gem - Page 4 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:04 pm

Jana1


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@smallville wrote:
@Balanced_Views wrote:
This is THE stock to BUY right now. These levels are excellent. If you want 35% growth in three months, BUY

Ok.. Are u lost buying high???? Now ur promoting this rather than answering my questions..

Would like to encourage you to re-asses ur research with balanced facts rather than asking others to buy... Last warning if ur damn adamant to understand simple things..


His intention was obviously visible from his first message. I think we inadvertently increase the no of post for useless thread. Yes, CSD is having good asset base- revaluation,  with less cash flow, and could make small rally to 13-13.5. It will be a gem if it stops feeding its parents. Until that it is not gem....

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum