FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

SDB is being collected by unknown?

+5
Jiggysaurus
sharekhan
suja
Slstock
Jana1
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty SDB is being collected by unknown? Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:40 pm

Jana1

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Anyone knows who is behind SDB game? I guess it could easily pass 90 sooner...

2SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty Re: SDB is being collected by unknown? Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:42 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

String fundmentals are there for this share. NAV is 150. PE is still abut 5.

3SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty Re: SDB is being collected by unknown? Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:44 pm

Jana1

Yes. Very strong fundamental. Just 3% with first holder. With massive shares in the public, it should pass 120 level in 2-3 months time.

4SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty Re: SDB is being collected by unknown? Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:00 pm

suja

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Usually if it is a collection the share is brought down and collected with a big sell order at a considerated price. If it is a bull market then the SDB movement is justified. The fundamentals are very good , hope that we do not get a shock near future. I too am in SDB due to fundamentals but the movement needs to be watched. My worry is JB selling this fundamentally sound share as these rates it is very good.

5SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty Re: SDB is being collected by unknown? Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:28 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Suja, I feel this JB is given too much recognization.

Even if short term there is an effect ( price drop) on SDB what do you think long term?

suja wrote:Usually if it is a collection the share is brought down and collected with a big sell order at a considerated price. If it is a bull market then the SDB movement is justified. The fundamentals are very good , hope that we do not get a shock near future. I too am in SDB due to fundamentals but the movement needs to be watched. My worry is JB selling this fundamentally sound share as these rates it is very good.

6SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty Re: SDB is being collected by unknown? Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:37 pm

Jana1

suja wrote:Usually if it is a collection the share is brought down and collected with a big sell order at a considerated price. If it is a bull market then the SDB movement is justified. The fundamentals are very good , hope that we do not get a shock near future. I too am in SDB due to fundamentals but the movement needs to be watched. My worry is JB selling this fundamentally sound share as these rates it is very good.

Not need to be brought down. If their target is high as long as shares having its fundamental it can go up. So no point of brought down to collect more volume, and they can't collect more volume buy bring it down if it is supported by fundamentals. SDB moment is justified as price appreciation during the bear mkt to collect more vol. They are collecting volume without dragging the price down. This is another method of collecting volume which you could see in East and BFL before its rally.

JB is not god's kids and holding about 2.5% of issued qtys. Who worries about 2.5% holding which already traded in the mkt??

7SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty Re: SDB is being collected by unknown? Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:44 pm

sharekhan

sharekhan
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Leave lanka stock market and sell vegetables.......economy is devasted

8SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty Re: SDB is being collected by unknown? Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:07 pm

Jiggysaurus

Jiggysaurus

sharekhan wrote:Leave lanka  stock market and sell vegetables.......economy is devasted

So are you selling vegetables now? What are your prices?

9SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty Re: SDB is being collected by unknown? Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:52 am

Slstock

Slstock

Could it be that a crossing will be seen soon ?

10SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty Re: SDB is being collected by unknown? Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:53 am

suja

Guys , I will be the happiest if the share move as I am in it already. I might collect more if the report for the second quarter is good. I have and will raise issues asi am a part of this forum and honestly give my opinion. So dont get me wrong as we are too small to bring a share price down alone.

We are investing in a business and hence we need to know the buisness model that we are investing in. SDB is in the microfinance business at large and in the given economic climate if there are defaults they might be trouble. Small loans are the ones which will not default as they work on trust at large but if the poor guys are not getting enough revenue how are they going to pay? This will effect the company who has given the loanss. So I am asking every one to watch it a little bit more.

Why JB is because they send people to talk to decision makers of companies and the company is obliged to give information as it is a public company , so they might know something that we dont.

It will be silly to sell such a fundamentally strong share but they have done it???

11SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty Will SDB pass 100.00? Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:53 am

freebird

Manager - Equity Analytics

will sdb pass 100.00 why is that moving so fast

12SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty Re: SDB is being collected by unknown? Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:57 am

suja

Slstock, Thats a possiblity. Yes this can be the reason for the gradual uptrend as funds can ask for a block at a certain price. If this is going to happen it is best that we move in before the funds do. Please do not take this as a buy/sell. These are all possibilities and carry risks as a part of investment game.

13SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty Re: SDB is being collected by unknown? Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:44 am

D.G.Dayaratne

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

SDB problem was traditional thinking  of brokers

They do not allow to buy it saying slow moving stock.The reason for slow moment also brokers Some sort of vicious circle .I have first hand experience with a  Broker

Now SDB was able to brake the vicious circle

It will go up

14SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty Re: SDB is being collected by unknown? Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:12 am

Jana1

Brokers can't control any shares for long term. They can only control for short term, later they may buy at double price.. If shares is fundamentally backed with trustable management (importantly educated or honest), then no1 can stop its rally... I guess ASI could touch near 6900 before October..

15SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty Re: SDB is being collected by unknown? Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:15 am

Slstock

Slstock

As the start of the year I was wishing that ASI will reach 7000 within this year and settle around 6500 before the next run.

( if I can find the post I will give the link.)

Can it come true ?

16SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty Re: SDB is being collected by unknown? Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:20 am

Jana1

slstock wrote:As the start of the year I was wishing that ASI will reach 7000  within this year and settle around 6500  before the next run.

Can it come true ?

Ya. I remember You were talking when mkt was at 5800 level. But I thought it could reach 7800 within this year- I guess I was wrong at that time as misjudged the momentum from 4800-6000. As it faced two upward bottoms, I guess it could reach 7000. But possibly come down once it touched 7000/ more lvl.

17SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty Re: SDB is being collected by unknown? Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:25 am

Slstock

Slstock

7800 may  appear  far fetched to us right now,  but who know what some timely  good news and pushes can do at CSE ;-)

Anyway let first hope 7000 can happen.

This just a wish guys based on patterns. This message is not to blindly jump and buy. I could be very wrong.

Jana1 wrote:
slstock wrote:As the start of the year I was wishing that ASI will reach 7000  within this year and settle around 6500  before the next run.

Can it come true ?

Ya. I remember You were talking when mkt was at 5800 level. But I thought it could reach 7800 within this year- I guess I was wrong at that time  as misjudged the momentum from 4800-6000. As it faced two upward bottoms, I guess it could reach 7000. But possibly come down once it touched 7000/ more lvl.

18SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty Re: SDB is being collected by unknown? Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:13 pm

sandunj

If you allready have SDB hold it with hope, but now its too high to buy for new buyers. Lot of people selling it now.

19SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty Re: SDB is being collected by unknown? Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:38 am

D.G.Dayaratne

You advice to hold it and not to buy

If all follow you what will happen ?

Typical brokers advice

How you say price is too high get the data
calculate intrinsic value. check the fundamentals

20SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty Re: SDB is being collected by unknown? Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:28 am

sandunj

D.G.Dayaratne wrote:You advice to hold it and not to buy

Typical brokers advice

No argument about the value of this share but now it s all ready appreciates near 15%.
Anyway in present brokers are not going to tell don't buy SDB even with current prices. Did you have that type of broker? Which broker firm?
If you buy SDB 89 - 90 level now you have to sell it at least 97-100 to take good gain. Will it reach? As per my knowledge lot of people are selling side including some brokers too. Anyway in CSE SDB still can go either way. But high risk is there to new buyers...

21SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty Re: SDB is being collected by unknown? Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:29 am

coolkane

Hi all,
Actually I have given the prediction on this share when it was 68 levels.Now its moving as my prediction.Also I have collected this share @65-75 range and im exiting now as a trader who is not greedy.This share is having a value still but as a trader you should not enter this levels but as a long term investor you can buy and hold.

Also my next prediction is NAMU.N000 and expected price 92.00

22SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty Re: SDB is being collected by unknown? Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:31 pm

sandunj

D.G.Dayaratne wrote:You advice to hold it and not to buy

Typical brokers advice

That is why I told in that time it wasn't the correct time and price to buy SDB for new buyers. If anyone bought this on those days above 88 now suffering a loss. Feel now you can understand me...
For new buyers, look at below 80...

23SDB is being collected by unknown? Empty Re: SDB is being collected by unknown? Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:05 pm

D.G.Dayaratne

May be brokers do not advice to buy SDB

The problem connected with the attitude not the fundamentals or any other value of  the share

Last edited by D.G.Dayaratne on Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing error)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum