FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC (BIL.N0000)
by MoneyLover Today at 7:16 pm

» What is "Introductions" in Upcoming listing in CSE?
by Nandun Today at 1:46 pm

» Glove stocks fall after Top Glove posts weaker 4Q results
by ResearchMan Today at 1:37 pm

» KOTAGALA PLANTATION
by stockchaser Today at 8:03 am

» The stock market can be a great place to make money; it can also be a great place to lose money. Stock market for beginners
by Economatta Today at 6:16 am

» LOFC AND CLC Target Price??
by Captain Yesterday at 9:17 pm

» Top Foreign Trading today
by SAGA Yesterday at 6:32 pm

» Top crossings today
by SAGA Yesterday at 5:01 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by Sunimal Yesterday at 12:52 pm

» Amana Takaful ATL & ATLL
by kanishkaecomm Yesterday at 12:17 pm

» Best Time to Collect Cic X
by Value Pick Yesterday at 8:15 am

» Why is First Capital Holdings being dumped?
by Berryfund Yesterday at 6:29 am

» AGST can move
by Zayden River Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:58 pm

» COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC (COCR.N0000)
by newone Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:57 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by Zayden River Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:57 pm

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by Bakkabwoi Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:10 pm

» Twitter accounts related to the stock market
by Bakkabwoi Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:09 pm

» TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC
by xhunter Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:55 pm

» LOFC LOFC LOFC
by madukp Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:49 pm

» How Equity Emerged the Top Asset Class During a Pandemic
by samaritan Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:30 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000)

NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000)

+59
ColomboCSE
vikiperera
bhanu
hettdas
target1
wisdom79
De23
dhaneenja
samansilva
rukshan1234
Bakka1988
kassachandi
charith666lk
crnsuranjith
VALUEPICK
Gainer
Beta1
kassachandimal
hiransilva23
chamil1
reader
Brinthan
Udara Rangana
EquityChamp
pjrngroup
Quibit
gamaya
Nitro 7
Spoon
Senior Citizen
nimantha80
Teller
player
prabath
Leon
Backstage
D.G.Dayaratne
dhanurrox
Slstock
glad
traderathome
sikka89
smallville
WildBear
malanp
sashimaal
Chinwi
rainmaker
Humble
dudi
mark
Dileepa
salt
NEM
thilankad
Meta Trader
wis
tubal
Gaja
63 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

81NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:11 am

Senior Citizen

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@nimantha80 wrote:One time 950 million is peanuts.

If only the Govt. Will understand how best to get the taxes without hurting the businesses that are well managed. Very Happy

Companies like NESTLÉ contribute immensely to the long term interests of the country. Many other countries treat such companies with respect and appreciate their importance.

There has to be a better way to get about increasing the revenue for the government. Taxation should be better planned and executed. Evil or Very Mad

82NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:57 am

Spoon

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@Senior Citizen wrote:

If only the Govt. Will understand how best to get the taxes without hurting the businesses that are well managed. Very Happy

Companies like NESTLÉ contribute immensely to the long term interests of the country. Many other countries treat such companies with respect and appreciate their importance.

There has to be a better way to get about increasing the revenue for the government. Taxation should be better planned and executed. Evil or Very Mad

It's a one time tax put in place to cover not only the concessions but the budgetary mistakes of the previous administration.

Why is everyone getting so worked up on something that is ONE TIME? 950 million is absolutely peanuts for a multinational like Nestle.

83NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:49 am

Nitro 7

Well said Senior Citizen

@Senior Citizen wrote:

84NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:33 pm

Teller

some people feels million as a peanut. Some people cant save 1 million even working in whole life. One guy says namal has one watch value nearly 4.6 million. I agree value dpends the environment you live. nestle has to keep aside 4 million rupees for a day from their net profit.

85NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:51 pm

Senior Citizen

@Teller wrote:some people feels million as a peanut. Some people cant save 1 million even working in whole life.  One guy says namal has one watch value nearly 4.6 million. I agree value dpends the environment you live. nestle has to keep aside 4 million rupees for a day from their net profit.

Some do not understand the amount of effort companies go through to have such performances. Making money legally, paying taxes, filling ones stomach and providing nutrition to the nation is not possible at the home only.

Times are a changing, and the habits are also changing.
With the talk of gender balance, equal rights and dual incomes there is no way that. We can survive without these companies. Everything is processed for our convenience and catering to our needs.

Who is going to do this job in a professional way and complying with all standards?
The government cannot do it and neither can cottage industries.
So what's left?

86NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:01 pm

nimantha80

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Spoon wrote:
@Senior Citizen wrote:

It's a one time tax put in place to cover not only the concessions but the budgetary mistakes of the previous administration.

Why is everyone getting so worked up on something that is ONE TIME? 950 million is absolutely peanuts for a multinational like Nestle.

87NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:18 pm

gamaya

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@nimantha80 wrote:
@Spoon wrote:
@Senior Citizen wrote:

What's all this fuss about big corporates paying some taxes for a change. Corporates have tax consultants who incidentally happens to be their auditors. They minimise the tax payable through various gimmicks including BOI tax concessions.

The government indirect taxes have come down drastically in the past decade. The government have shamelessely opted for direct taxes from consumer essentials as this is easy for them.

Remember the uprising of youth which happened in 72 and 89? Valuable lives and properties were devastated. Do we want the same by oppressing the common people..?

Watch this vedio on how the corporates like Nestle think about human right on water..
http://themindunleashed.org/2014/05/nestle-ceo-water-human-right-privatized-2.html

88NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:24 pm

Senior Citizen

Senior Citizen
Gamaya,

Can you honestly tell us that you do not buy and consume consumables that you are not lazy to make your self?

Most people want to avoid the drudgery and painstaking efforts needed to live.

That's what enterprising people do as a living in making better life for others. They actually don't know what they want in life. Poor people. When will they understand?
Very Happy

89NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:01 am

gamaya

@Senior Citizen wrote:Gamaya,

Can you honestly tell us that you do not buy and consume consumables that you are not lazy to make your self?

Most people want to avoid the drudgery and painstaking efforts needed to live.

That's what enterprising people do as a living in making better life for others. They actually don't know what they want in life. Poor people. When will they understand?
Very Happy

Your question is not quite clear for me. My point is big corporates are expertly evading taxes which are essential for infrastructure development and maintenance of services.

I would prefer corporates giving their fair share to economy than more children going to school without breakfast.

Then again, I highly doubt if this super-gains tax will ever be implemented. The corporates would to the usual cajoling with the government and find someway around this. This could be just an election carrot.

90NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:05 am

gamaya

NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Cartoon-23

http://www.dailymirror.lk/64405/cartoon-23

91NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:03 am

Quibit

hard earned money of the shareholders robbed by the government. Day light robbery.

92NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Nestle steady growth reported Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:04 pm

pjrngroup

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
http://www.sundayobserver.lk/2015/11/22/fin11.asp

93NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:16 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp
This is a sure counter for long term growth as well as increased dividend income.

94NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:33 pm

Udara Rangana

Udara Rangana
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Yesterday i bought at 2075 and today sold at 2200. Net profit Nearly 100 per share just one day. again i trying to pick it up at 2075.

95NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:56 pm

Brinthan

Brinthan
Is Rs.2000/- is a good price for Nestle.N ...experts please advice me..?

96NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Nestle Q1 16 PAT up 10% to reach 1.3bn Thu May 05, 2016 5:35 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp
So long term holders including myself have self satisfaction now and will continue through out 2016 because dividend income is going to increase Very Happy santa cheers

97NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Thu May 05, 2016 5:56 pm

Brinthan

Brinthan
Yes..EC sir NESTLE is a golden egg in the market...

98NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Thu May 05, 2016 10:47 pm

reader

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
I agree NEST is a good company. But for me, at current price NEST very much over valued. There are enough undervalued counters with good DY than NEST.

99NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Thu May 05, 2016 11:14 pm

chamil1

Manager - Equity Analytics
Nest is a very long term , very low risk share.

Put all long term FD money in NEST.

100NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Tue May 24, 2016 9:06 am

gamaya

There was no super gain taxes after all. Just an election carrot as I was saying..

Instead everybody got the VAT increase..

Now that is equality..

101NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Who can predic one share like nest???? Mon May 30, 2016 11:19 pm

hiransilva23

EC i saw ur 1st investment post.u mention dt u bought shares worth 100,000.all counters are valuble in current market.i jst check current price, its more than 16 times how did u knw dt should be up???itz a good potential.cn u guess n mention sm wil b future gems???

102NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Tue May 31, 2016 6:59 am

EquityChamp

EquityChamp
It is not a game of guess and win. You need to have the vision to see through the future and to understand the future value of a stock. Further you need to understand the pattern of cashflows. If that can be mastered then any one can save for the future retirement. No need to go after financial institutions. Just check where was the market in 2006 and where is at now and how the fundamentally strong stocks performed during that period.

103NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Tue May 31, 2016 7:14 am

kassachandimal

CCS for sure

104NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Tue May 31, 2016 8:12 am

EquityChamp

EquityChamp
Hiran, answer for your question is included in this thread.
Read it.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t51171-who-can-predic-one-share-like-nest#313793

105NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Tue May 31, 2016 8:55 am

Beta1

Beta1
BFL

106NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am

Gainer

Gainer
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
CWM another NEST

107NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Tue May 31, 2016 11:27 am

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert
It is hard find a stock similar to NEST and CINS Both traded below Rs.50 those days.

However, if we can have some idea about next five years to 10 years then we can find out. We should see following in outstanding companies in the coming years.

Higher ROE
More cash
Less debt or debt free
Declaring dividends
Ability to generate earnings for number of years( Remember even NEST and CINS had some bad years and quarters but in the long run they gave amazing returns to long term investors)
Demand for their products
Growth in turnover and earnings

If we can find above things in a company just keep at least 100 shares for next three years to next 10 years. Sometimes can keep more than 20 years as well.

108NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Tue May 31, 2016 1:48 pm

crnsuranjith

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Thank you EC again.
I have been studying this some time ago and identified 4 companies that give us good return for long term, (above 5 years). There can be more companies.
CCS, TJL, LLUB, KFP

109NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Tue May 31, 2016 1:58 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp
Finance, Food and consumer staples, Manufacturing are the three mainsectors anyone to look for for long term investments. I have identified many but still I don't think it is not necessary to talk about them in this forum because this forum in short-term oriented hence people may not be interested.
For example if I say CTC has the value to reach Rs3000 in longer term one guy will write here after one month saying EC recommend to buy CTC because it will go to 3000 but now the share is 1000 and I am loosing. I don't want to be in that situation.
But I myself is doing the investments in my way , very silent, and so far the progress is superb.

110NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Tue May 31, 2016 8:06 pm

charith666lk

@EquityChamp wrote:Finance, Food and consumer staples, Manufacturing are the three mainsectors anyone to look for for long term investments. I have identified many but still I don't think it is not necessary to talk about them in this forum because this forum in short-term oriented hence people may not be interested.
For example if I say CTC has the value to reach Rs3000 in longer term one guy will write here after one month saying EC recommend to buy CTC because it will go to 3000 but now the share is 1000 and I am loosing. I don't want to be in that situation.
But I myself is doing the investments in my way , very silent, and so far the progress is superb.
EC there may be one or two those kind of people. But there are lot of real investors would like to know your long term pickings. And it will be a great help for them. 
So we are really grateful if you talk about those companies.. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum