FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» ROYAL CERAMICS PLC (RCL.N0000)
by Jana Today at 6:14 pm

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Jana Today at 6:11 pm

» US dollar trading lower, euro near new high
by target1 Today at 1:38 pm

» LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC (LDEV.N0000)
by Thushara Ayya Today at 11:59 am

» ???? අප්‍රේල් 16 ???? මේ දින 3 කෙටි සතියත් කොළපාටින් අවසන් වුනා
by Wickyz Today at 11:20 am

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Wickyz Today at 11:19 am

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by Eranga87 Yesterday at 4:12 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by ronstyn53 Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:22 pm

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by abey Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:07 pm

» First capital holdings CFVF.N0000
by invest thinker Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:46 pm

» Lanka Walltile PLC Investment Case
by judecroos Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:55 am

» Which is the best at current market condition ? ( At least 30% within 30 Days)
by judecroos Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:39 am

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:03 pm

» Big opportunity in Kegalle Plantations
by EquityChamp Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:58 pm

» විජේදාසගේ... voice cut ප්‍රතිඵල
by nigma Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:59 am

» If you buy a stock that’s not going up in price, you won’t make any money. STOCK market for beginners
by dayandacool Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:31 am

» B P P L HOLDINGS PLC (BPPL.N0000)
by vikiperera Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:17 am

» VPEL VPEL VPEL
by invest thinker Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:23 am

» Thoughts on SINS
by Swissinvest Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:04 am

» VFIN / VPEL / PABC - Share SPLIT or VTWO ?
by WealthKing Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:33 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Market is crashing! MOVE OUT

Market is crashing! MOVE OUT

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Market is crashing! MOVE OUT - Page 2 Empty Re: Market is crashing! MOVE OUT Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:43 am

Slstock


Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Did anyone really look at the big picture why all this uncertainly negativity crept into market


Except for speculative crap coming down righly/daily to their real worths, why are even some good companies with consistent earning suffering ?

22Market is crashing! MOVE OUT - Page 2 Empty Re: Market is crashing! MOVE OUT Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:49 am

sandunj


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Friends,
My advice is don't panic now. Be patience and wait and see.

23Market is crashing! MOVE OUT - Page 2 Empty Re: Market is crashing! MOVE OUT Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:51 am

Takecharge


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Time to buy JKH at this level, unlikely to go down any further,lowest could be 228.

24Market is crashing! MOVE OUT - Page 2 Empty Re: Market is crashing! MOVE OUT Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:51 am

Hawk Eye


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
May be a Tunnel-View of a Balanced View

25Market is crashing! MOVE OUT - Page 2 Empty Re: Market is crashing! MOVE OUT Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:22 am

Academic


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@suja wrote:Academic, too academic for me please let us know what you mean as the positives and negatives are changing on a regular basis in a market enviorenment.

To all if the market is crashing move in but buy little by little. Personally experienced this scenario many times.
Since few index heavy companies determine color of ASI, to understand the direction of the market look how many shares are up and down for the day. If number of positive contributors exceed negatives, consider market as up (for that moment) wise versa.

26Market is crashing! MOVE OUT - Page 2 Empty Re: Market is crashing! MOVE OUT Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:36 am

Humble


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Takecharge wrote:Time to buy JKH at this level, unlikely to go down any further,lowest could be 228.
I disagree - JKH can touch 200 especially with the low foreign inflow and poor market participation

The next 2 weeks will be bad for the CSE but after that it'll be a good time to enter

27Market is crashing! MOVE OUT - Page 2 Empty Re: Market is crashing! MOVE OUT Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:44 am

wellappili


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
massacre starting at 12.15.Warming up stage now.

28Market is crashing! MOVE OUT - Page 2 Empty Re: Market is crashing! MOVE OUT Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:45 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Now that JKH expressed their views of its project and rights issue on cards, it can slump more then..
Was JKH halt to save the market.. heh?

29Market is crashing! MOVE OUT - Page 2 Empty Re: Market is crashing! MOVE OUT Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:12 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
its time to intelligent players to increase their stake

30Market is crashing! MOVE OUT - Page 2 Empty Re: Market is crashing! MOVE OUT Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:24 pm

Humble


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Balanced_Views wrote:Yes the stock market might come down to 5500 levels but it will do very well in the medium term with declining interest rates, rising gold prices, more investor friendly SEC directives, improved company performance and given an attractive P/E, improving economic indicators etc

However I stand by what I said earlier - I still believe that the market will do well enough to reach 6800 within the next 6 months

My advice is to SELL your portfolio off today and to collect in 2 weeks time at lower prices. Especially since Sept has been a good month especially with respect to foreign inflow. Then hold for a few months and see a good return.

This is just my opinion - there's no need to be rude if you dont agree with this opinion. I urge all users to use their own analysis before making any decision.
The ASPI will come down to 5500 easily - move out now, buy back when it comes down to 5500 (fundamentally strong stocks)

31Market is crashing! MOVE OUT - Page 2 Empty Re: Market is crashing! MOVE OUT Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:29 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Humble so you sold what you had and now telling this.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t29914-jkh-opening-casino-share-price-target-315

Didn't you ask us to buy JKH at rs 260-270 as it will go to Rs 315?




@Humble wrote:
@Balanced_Views wrote:Yes the stock market might come down to 5500 levels but it will do very well in the medium term with declining interest rates, rising gold prices, more investor friendly SEC directives, improved company performance and given an attractive P/E, improving economic indicators etc

However I stand by what I said earlier - I still believe that the market will do well enough to reach 6800 within the next 6 months

My advice is to SELL your portfolio off today and to collect in 2 weeks time at lower prices. Especially since Sept has been a good month especially with respect to foreign inflow. Then hold for a few months and see a good return.

This is just my opinion - there's no need to be rude if you dont agree with this opinion. I urge all users to use their own analysis before making any decision.
The ASPI will come down to 5500 easily - move out now, buy back when it comes down to 5500 (fundamentally strong stocks)

32Market is crashing! MOVE OUT - Page 2 Empty Re: Market is crashing! MOVE OUT Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:34 pm

Humble


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:Humble so you sold what you had and now telling this.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t29914-jkh-opening-casino-share-price-target-315

Didn't you ask us to buy JKH at rs 260-270  as it will go to Rs 315?




@Humble wrote:
@Balanced_Views wrote:Yes the stock market might come down to 5500 levels but it will do very well in the medium term with declining interest rates, rising gold prices, more investor friendly SEC directives, improved company performance and given an attractive P/E, improving economic indicators etc

However I stand by what I said earlier - I still believe that the market will do well enough to reach 6800 within the next 6 months

My advice is to SELL your portfolio off today and to collect in 2 weeks time at lower prices. Especially since Sept has been a good month especially with respect to foreign inflow. Then hold for a few months and see a good return.

This is just my opinion - there's no need to be rude if you dont agree with this opinion. I urge all users to use their own analysis before making any decision.
The ASPI will come down to 5500 easily - move out now, buy back when it comes down to 5500 (fundamentally strong stocks)
Back then I thought JKH will get casino license directly - I said IF they do. And they didnt get it the way they thought they would

JKH didnt - but I stand by what I said - JKH will go up a lot but not in the short run

Opinions change due to various factors over time - we have to be proactive and change. For example not many people thought Gold Prices will go down so much but after I saw it - I wouldnt recommend banks anymore

33Market is crashing! MOVE OUT - Page 2 Empty Re: Market is crashing! MOVE OUT Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:36 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
If your opinion change and you are short term trader don't promote your shares asking other to buy like you did several times.






@Humble wrote:
@slstock wrote:Humble so you sold what you had and now telling this.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t29914-jkh-opening-casino-share-price-target-315

Didn't you ask us to buy JKH at rs 260-270  as it will go to Rs 315?




@Humble wrote:
@Balanced_Views wrote:Yes the stock market might come down to 5500 levels but it will do very well in the medium term with declining interest rates, rising gold prices, more investor friendly SEC directives, improved company performance and given an attractive P/E, improving economic indicators etc

However I stand by what I said earlier - I still believe that the market will do well enough to reach 6800 within the next 6 months

My advice is to SELL your portfolio off today and to collect in 2 weeks time at lower prices. Especially since Sept has been a good month especially with respect to foreign inflow. Then hold for a few months and see a good return.

This is just my opinion - there's no need to be rude if you dont agree with this opinion. I urge all users to use their own analysis before making any decision.
The ASPI will come down to 5500 easily - move out now, buy back when it comes down to 5500 (fundamentally strong stocks)
Back then I thought JKH will get casino license directly - I said IF they do. And they didnt get it the way they thought they would

JKH didnt - but I stand by what I said - JKH will go up a lot but not in the short run

Opinions change due to various factors over time - we have to be proactive and change. For example not many people thought Gold Prices will go down so much but after I saw it - I wouldnt recommend banks anymore

34Market is crashing! MOVE OUT - Page 2 Empty Re: Market is crashing! MOVE OUT Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:34 pm

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Wait and see.

All problem will  be solved in the long run



Last edited by D.G.Dayaratne on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing error)

35Market is crashing! MOVE OUT - Page 2 Empty Re: Market is crashing! MOVE OUT Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:36 pm

Jana1


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@D.G.Dayaratne wrote:Wait and see.

All problem will  be solved in the long run
Mate,

Of course. The kid who deliver tomorrow could say after five years the mkt will go up....Smile

It will go up without any doubt. But grabbing right opportunity is must...Wink

36Market is crashing! MOVE OUT - Page 2 Empty Re: Market is crashing! MOVE OUT Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:56 pm

Humble


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Jana1 wrote:
@D.G.Dayaratne wrote:Wait and see.

All problem will  be solved in the long run
Mate,

Of course. The kid who deliver tomorrow could say after five years the mkt will go up....Smile

It will go up without any doubt. But grabbing right opportunity is must...Wink
I agree. Wait and see attitude makes no sense. People said it in 2011 without selling off when market was overheated and lost MILLIONS. If you are still in this market, you are not a prudent investor

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum