FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» SGH buys EXPO from retailers
by Maharaja Today at 10:22 pm

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Surajmp Today at 8:44 pm

» L G I L - Maharaja special
by Chula Today at 8:13 pm

» HAYLEYS PLC (HAYL.N0000)
by cseboss Today at 11:34 am

» NO FURTHER INCREASE IN TAXES-PRES. RANIL WICKRAMASINGHE
by ADVENTUS Yesterday at 3:48 pm

» AAIC 100 = SCAP 16
by Equity Win Yesterday at 2:11 pm

» CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (CABO.N0000)
by Dasun Maduwantha Yesterday at 12:10 pm

» Nestle‚ declares highest ever dividend
by Shiranli Yesterday at 11:24 am

» PRIME LANDS RESIDENCIES PLC (PLR.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Yesterday at 11:15 am

» Buy lofc tomorrow - Maharaja
by Maharaja Yesterday at 9:47 am

» MULTI FINANCE PLC (MFL.N0000)
by Eleven Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:28 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by Thushara Ayya Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:18 pm

» ACL; MELS; HHL; BIL; LWL- STOCKS TO WATCH
by ADVENTUS Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:43 pm

» LIOC ....Get in soon
by samaritan Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:49 am

» Sinopec likely to enter Lankan fuel market
by samaritan Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:41 am

» RW - Rescue Warrior of Sri Lanka's Economy
by reyaz Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:17 am

» Should Central bank increase Interest rates?
by reyaz Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:52 am

» LPRT and CHOT old and profitable businesses, yet severely undervalued
by sheildskye Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:05 pm

» Day Trader may find a stock attractive if it moves a lot during the day. Stock market for beginners and day traders
by Asoka Samarakone Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:54 am

» Foundation laid for Nestlé Lanka’s Rs.5bn factory expansion
by nilantha suranga Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:57 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » What's going on with OGL?

What's going on with OGL?

+3
Arena
Captain
ddindika
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What's going on with OGL? Empty What's going on with OGL? Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:50 pm

ddindika

ddindika
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Heavily traded today..Question

2What's going on with OGL? Empty Re: What's going on with OGL? Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:39 pm

Captain

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Adams investments has bought 10% of OGL's stated capital (at the price of Rs 6.50 ) from the Dynaris Holding as published in CSE.

I think gud investment for them

3What's going on with OGL? Empty Re: What's going on with OGL? Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:45 pm

Arena

Who is the owner of Adam??????????
RIshan bought it at 21 per share. My goodness..........I cant believe this.

OGL is a good garment still. But under Rishan's management it is becoming worse day by day. Balance sheet strength is deteriorating every quoter.

4What's going on with OGL? Empty Re: What's going on with OGL? Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:51 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics

Arena wrote:Who is the owner of Adam?
Adam Investments controlled by Dr. Gulamhusein and Danushya Mediwake Wethasinghe has Adam Apparels Ltd., Adam Metals Ltd, Network Communications Ltd., Adam Automobiles Ltd. and Adam Air Conditioners Ltd.
Source:http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t30532-adam-investments-buys-21-of-pch-holdings-for-rs-42-m#180660

5What's going on with OGL? Empty Re: What's going on with OGL? Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:56 pm

Captain

I think OGL's run is soon will be

6What's going on with OGL? Empty Re: What's going on with OGL? Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:25 pm

Arena

Thanks Redbulls.

7What's going on with OGL? Empty Re: What's going on with OGL? Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:15 pm

m2_yapa

m2_yapa
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Captain wrote:I think OGL's run is soon will be
Hey Captain i know who you are !

Do not give this kind of promotion

8What's going on with OGL? Empty Re: What's going on with OGL? Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:25 pm

m2_yapa

m2_yapa

http://deleted/index.php/component/k2/item/1740-sri-lanka,-china-to-close-free-trade-deal-colombo

But above post may impact the performance of the share in CSE in near future. But again i am telling you it MAY!

Redbulls

Redbulls

Adam Investments yesterday acquired a 10% stake in Orient Garments for Rs. 30 million.

The stake amounting to 5.5 million shares was done at Rs. 5.50 each.

Overall Orient Garments, which is part of the troubled PCH Group, saw 9.6 million shares traded for Rs. 53 million. Net asset value per share of Orient is Rs. 12.

Adam Investments’ investment in Orient Garments is said to be strategic whilst it also has interests in the same industry via Adam Apparels. The latter has been in the industry for over three decades and in June this year June, 2013 Adam Apparels launched its state-of-the-art design centre that is equipped to cater to international market standards.

Adam Group Chairman is Dr. Ali Asger Shabbir Gulamhusein.

As at June 2013, PCH Holdings held a 51% stake in Orient Garments whilst the second largest shareholder was Dr. T. Senthilverl with a 14% stake.

The acquisition into Orient Garments comes two weeks after Adam Investments bought a 21% stake in PCH Holdings for Rs. 42 million. Prior to that in August, British American Technologies bought a 24% stake in PC Pharma as well.

In the June 2013 quarter Orient Garments reported a loss of Rs. 52 million, up from a Rs. 27 million loss a year earlier. In the financial year ended on 31 March 2013, the Group’s post tax profit was Rs. 52 million.
http://www.ft.lk/2013/09/18/adam-investments-buys-10-of-orient-garments/

10What's going on with OGL? Empty Re: What's going on with OGL? Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:27 pm

Captain

i didn't invoved with any such promotions Yapa, i only told that based on following factors using my professional knowledge, (If u thing this as a promotion don't even read this)

- It was bought at discounted price (compared with thier Net Assets) by Adams Investment during last few days.

- will generate profits in future with surport of the adam investments, as thier already in the apperal industry (Adams Aperals).

- Adam Investments might collect further from the market as thier already bought considerable quantity with a discounted price.

This is only my ideas, u also think and get a decision.

Please do your own study before buying any stock. This is not a any recommendation for buying/selling/holding any stock!

dan000001

Stock Trader

big players ogl 5.50ta gaththu ewa ussala vikunnana yanawa kiyalai mata nam hithenne.

12What's going on with OGL? Empty Re: What's going on with OGL? Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:55 am

sikka89

dan000001 wrote:big players ogl 5.50ta gaththu ewa ussala vikunnana yanawa kiyalai mata nam hithenne.
20 withara wikkoth goda ne?Razz 

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum