FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Performance benchmark tool for novice investors

Performance benchmark tool for novice investors

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Dileepa


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
This is a benchmark tool to track and evaluate your PF performance over the time.
You have to key in your monthly investments, annual dividends, etc. along with expected gain(FD rate if you wish).
This will calculate the annualized gain(compounded monthly) as if you have invested in FD's at the rate you entered.

For those who have doubt about what you are doing in CSE should try this.
As you can check your actual PF performance and gain if you had invested in FD's,
you can get an idea of how good you really are.
Also for those who have difficulties on tracking their investments over the time will find this helpful.

Many investors do think they are making good gains at the market,
but in reality they are not even beating the inflation.
When banks are giving 12% interest,
it is pointless to invest in CSE if you can't make at lease 15% per annum.
Personally for me 20% is the minimum.
Go ahead and give yourself a try.

Download the too here :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5az6epyq6og6hwh/BenchmarkMe_2_0_0.xlsm

Performance benchmark tool for novice investors Benchm10
1. Delete all the values in yellow cells
2. Enter your actual data and expected gain (cell C18)
3. Click on "BenchmarkMe" button to check your performance (cell C32)

P.S
IF you are not happy with your performance, you may need to check this out.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bgygjfh00mb77j7/DFNDataSniffer_Ver_3_2_2.xlsm
This is only for DFN users, and it has a BUY/SELL signal generator which works fine for many counters.

traderathome

traderathome
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
You have always added something valuable to this forum. Avoided confrontation and positively contributing by way of your experience and tools you have developed.

Many thanks
TAH

Takecharge


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
without checking, i know for a fact that u make more rapid gains by investing wisely in the stock market anywhere in the world.

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Great job and thanks for the contribution.

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
Deleepa, its a nice simple tool. Thank you for this valuable contribution. ?Can you incorporate realized capital gains also into this, i.e. if you sell part of your shares in between.

traderathome

traderathome
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
I think Hapu, this tool developed was to gauge the PF performance over other income one would generate in a give period of time.
if you have sold part of your PF,then you have either made a Loss on capital gain or a profit on the sale.
This tool at any given time will calculate your current PF performance over FD etc.
something like opportunity cost.

Dileepa


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@K.Haputantri wrote:Deleepa, its a nice simple tool. Thank you for this valuable contribution. ?Can you incorporate realized capital gains also into this, i.e. if you sell part of your shares in between.
Hapu it is kind of there,
Raw no. 24 was current PF val @ cost basis (I have hidden it since it is not used in any calculations).
Different between "Total Investment" and that should be the realized capital gain.
But I have calculated "Total PF Gain" based on current market value.
I think it is reasonable to use current market value than "PF val @ cost" study 
(Also "Total Investment" is there just for the reference, not used in any calculation)
If you withdraw cash out of PF, you can enter it as "Withdrawals"

Dileepa


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
TAH, you got that Smile 
@traderathome wrote:I think Hapu, this tool developed was to gauge the PF performance over other income one would generate in a give period of time.
if you have sold part of your PF,then you have either made a Loss on capital gain or a profit on the sale.
This tool at any given time will calculate your current PF performance over FD etc.
something like opportunity cost.

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Great tool Dileepa.. Thanks a lot.. Wink Awesome..

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
@Dileepa wrote:
@K.Haputantri wrote:Deleepa, its a nice simple tool. Thank you for this valuable contribution. ?Can you incorporate realized capital gains also into this, i.e. if you sell part of your shares in between.
Hapu it is kind of there,
Raw no. 24 was current PF val @ cost basis (I have hidden it since it is not used in any calculations).
Different between "Total Investment" and that should be the realized capital gain.
But I have calculated "Total PF Gain" based on current market value.
I think it is reasonable to use current market value than "PF val @ cost" study 
(Also "Total Investment" is there just for the reference, not used in any calculation)
If you withdraw cash out of PF, you can enter it as "Withdrawals"
Thanks Dileepa.

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
Dileepa, one has a number of shares in his portfolio with different current market values. Also you said this is only for DFN users. Does it automatically capture DFN current market values ? Kindly explain.

Dileepa


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Hapu,
It is the "DFN Data sniffer " which I said only for DFN users. Not the benchmarking tool.
"BenchmarkMe" does not read any data from DFN.
About the different current market value part, don't consider counters separately.
Enter the current market value of entire PF in cell C23

@K.Haputantri wrote:Dileepa, one has a number of shares in his portfolio with different current market values. Also you said this is only for DFN users. Does it automatically capture DFN current market values ? Kindly explain.

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
Thanks Dileepa.

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
Dileepa, I get a message"Macro may be disablled..." ?How could I fix it.

Dileepa


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Hi,

It is written in VBA Macro.
By default Macros are disabled in Excel. You have to enable it from "Trust Center Settings"
If you are using 2007,
Click on Excel button on upper left corner ->
Excel Optins -> Trust Center -> Trust Center Settings -> Macro Settings -> Enable all macros

Cheers..
@K.Haputantri wrote:Dileepa, I get a message"Macro may be disablled..." ?How could I fix it.

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
@Dileepa wrote:Hi,

It is written in VBA Macro.
By default Macros are disabled in Excel. You have to enable it from "Trust Center Settings"
If you are using 2007,
Click on Excel button on upper left corner ->
Excel Optins -> Trust Center -> Trust Center Settings -> Macro Settings -> Enable all macros

Cheers..
@K.Haputantri wrote:Dileepa, I get a message"Macro may be disablled..." ?How could I fix it.
Yes mine is 2007 and enabled all macros but still wan't work. ?Any other way to fix it.

Dileepa


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@K.Haputantri wrote:
Yes mine is 2007 and enabled all macros but still wan't work. ?Any other way to fix it.
You have to restart Excel after the setting change.
Try closing the file and re-opening it. That should work study

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
@Dileepa wrote:
@K.Haputantri wrote:
Yes mine is 2007 and enabled all macros but still wan't work. ?Any other way to fix it.
You have to restart Excel after the setting change.
Try closing the file and re-opening it. That should work study
Thanks Dileepa, it worked. I put cost of balance investments as "Account Balance" ?Is it OK.

Dileepa


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@K.Haputantri wrote:Thanks Dileepa, it worked. I put cost of balance investments as "Account Balance" ?Is it OK.
Sorry for the delay,
If you have cash in your PF you should put it in "Acc.Balance" cell(C25) as a positive value.
On the other hand if you have used credits,
you should put it as a negative value in C25.
What did you mean by cost of balance investment? scratch 
If you mean Cost basis value of PF, it is not relevant for gain calculation.

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
@Dileepa wrote:
@K.Haputantri wrote:Thanks Dileepa, it worked. I put cost of balance investments as "Account Balance" ?Is it OK.
Sorry for the delay,
If you have cash in your PF you should put it in "Acc.Balance" cell(C25) as a positive value.
On the other hand if you have used credits,
you should put it as a negative value in C25.
What did you mean by cost of balance investment? scratch 
If you mean Cost basis value of PF, it is not relevant for gain calculation.
Thanks Dileepa. It was cost basis of my PF which is not relevant. One more question. ?Is it possible to add more collumns to reflect previous years investments such as 2007, because I have some investments since 2007.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum