FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» L B FINANCE PLC (LFIN.N0000)
by judecroos Today at 10:33 am

» Windforce IPO
by lokka1 Today at 9:50 am

» Will the Market Sluggish ?
by stockchaser Today at 9:20 am

» VFIN / VPEL / PABC - Share SPLIT or VTWO ?
by WealthKing Today at 8:07 am

» VPEL high return share
by stockchaser Yesterday at 6:47 pm

» TESS Agro PLC
by spksd Yesterday at 6:21 pm

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Jana Yesterday at 5:53 pm

» Crypto , Digital Currency Trading , Forex
by Dilip Yesterday at 5:09 pm

» EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC (EMER.N0000)
by Mr. X Yesterday at 12:07 pm

» SANASA DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC (SDB.N0000)
by samaritan Yesterday at 10:34 am

» VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000)
by wmsameera Yesterday at 9:59 am

» CFIN - Bonus Issue & Capitalization of Reserves
by wealth123 Yesterday at 9:57 am

» PAN ASIA BANKING CORPORATION PLC (PABC.N0000)
by wealth123 Yesterday at 9:54 am

» New Year Wishes for the Community
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:49 am

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by wealth123 Yesterday at 9:44 am

» Creating portfolio index for performance measurement
by EquityChamp Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:27 pm

» DIALOG AXIATA PLC (DIAL.N0000)
by Nandun Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:35 pm

» Sri Lanka Development Update 2021 - World Bank Report
by ChooBoy Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:45 pm

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by stockchaser Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:01 am

» Digital divide introduce new poor in Sri Lanka
by CHRONICLE™ Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:42 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Disclosure TJL

Disclosure TJL

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Disclosure TJL Empty Disclosure TJL Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:01 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/2951383731429_.pdf

2Disclosure TJL Empty Re: Disclosure TJL Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:07 pm

Rapaport

Rapaport
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Other companies in CSE should follow TJL path and inform shareholders in the same way!

Cheers!

3Disclosure TJL Empty Re: Disclosure TJL Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:25 pm

ccsentha


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
agreed!!!!!!!!

4Disclosure TJL Empty Re: Disclosure TJL Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Jake Sully

Jake Sully
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Ayyo I sold my shares no.

5Disclosure TJL Empty Re: Disclosure TJL Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:00 am

gamaya


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Usually in CSE when good new is shared freely its time for distribution.

Otherwise only the price would indicate good news.

6Disclosure TJL Empty Re: Disclosure TJL Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:40 am

ddrperera


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@gamaya wrote:Usually in CSE when good new is shared freely its time for distribution.

Otherwise only the price would indicate good news.
price prediction of tjl 17

7Disclosure TJL Empty Re: Disclosure TJL Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:42 am

The Alchemist


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Rapaport wrote:Other companies in CSE should follow TJL path and inform shareholders in the same way!

Cheers!
 
not only other companies, the TJL owners themselves must also inform shareholders about the not so positive developments in their company KURU, same as they are sharing news of positive development in their company TJL.

it is good if companies are transparent with both good & bad news / developments in a timely manner (via investor forums etc). 

what generally happens is that good news / developments are highlighted early (eg. TJL) & bad news / developments follow later in a footnote (eg. KURU), both by pretty much, the same management / owners.

Hmm.....

8Disclosure TJL Empty Re: Disclosure TJL Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:58 am

ccsentha


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Mate KURU is not owned by TJL, TJL has nothing to do with KURU.
U might find some directors common in both companies, that is because both of them are related companies to brandix and the common directors are representatives of brandix.
TJL is a joint venture between brandix and a Hong Kong knit manufacturing company
@The Alchemist wrote:
@Rapaport wrote:Other companies in CSE should follow TJL path and inform shareholders in the same way!

Cheers!
 
not only other companies, the TJL owners themselves must also inform shareholders about the not so positive developments in their company KURU, same as they are sharing news of positive development in their company TJL.

it is good if companies are transparent with both good & bad news / developments in a timely manner (via investor forums etc). 

what generally happens is that good news / developments are highlighted early (eg. TJL) & bad news / developments follow later in a footnote (eg. KURU), both by pretty much, the same management / owners.

Hmm.....

9Disclosure TJL Empty Re: Disclosure TJL Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:12 am

yellow knife


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Yes KURU is not part of TJL. The announcements prove that they are a visionary company. And they really do busiess considering the long term orientation. When they develop facilities to treat water and to generate energy they consider the long term perspective.

10Disclosure TJL Empty Re: Disclosure TJL Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:49 pm

The Alchemist


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@ccsentha wrote:Mate KURU is not owned by TJL, TJL has nothing to do with KURU.
U might find some directors common in both companies, that is because both of them are related companies to brandix and the common directors are representatives of brandix.
TJL is a joint venture between brandix and a Hong Kong knit manufacturing company
@The Alchemist wrote:
@Rapaport wrote:Other companies in CSE should follow TJL path and inform shareholders in the same way!

Cheers!
 
not only other companies, the TJL owners themselves must also inform shareholders about the not so positive developments in their company KURU, same as they are sharing news of positive development in their company TJL.

it is good if companies are transparent with both good & bad news / developments in a timely manner (via investor forums etc). 

what generally happens is that good news / developments are highlighted early (eg. TJL) & bad news / developments follow later in a footnote (eg. KURU), both by pretty much, the same management / owners.

Hmm.....
@ccsentha - your reply tells me that you have not grasped the basic, montessori level concept   
to my post. no wonder i have his feeling that i may have spent far too much time clarrifying your concerns at expo ! if you cannot grasp this simple TJL / KURU point that i am trying to make, i am not surprised anymore at your reaction to the EXPO disclosure issue.

11Disclosure TJL Empty Re: Disclosure TJL Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:15 am

ccsentha


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@The Alchemist wrote:
@ccsentha wrote:Mate KURU is not owned by TJL, TJL has nothing to do with KURU.
U might find some directors common in both companies, that is because both of them are related companies to brandix and the common directors are representatives of brandix.
TJL is a joint venture between brandix and a Hong Kong knit manufacturing company
@The Alchemist wrote:
@Rapaport wrote:Other companies in CSE should follow TJL path and inform shareholders in the same way!

Cheers!
 
not only other companies, the TJL owners themselves must also inform shareholders about the not so positive developments in their company KURU, same as they are sharing news of positive development in their company TJL.

it is good if companies are transparent with both good & bad news / developments in a timely manner (via investor forums etc). 

what generally happens is that good news / developments are highlighted early (eg. TJL) & bad news / developments follow later in a footnote (eg. KURU), both by pretty much, the same management / owners.

Hmm.....
@ccsentha - your reply tells me that you have not grasped the basic, montessori level concept   
to my post. no wonder i have his feeling that i may have spent far too much time clarrifying your concerns at expo ! if you cannot grasp this simple TJL / KURU point that i am trying to make, i am not surprised anymore at your reaction to the EXPO disclosure issue.
Mate it's you who cannot understand the basics. Kuru and tjl are not under same management.

12Disclosure TJL Empty Re: Disclosure TJL Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:53 am

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
@The Alchemist wrote:
@Rapaport wrote:Other companies in CSE should follow TJL path and inform shareholders in the same way!

Cheers!
 
not only other companies, the TJL owners themselves must also inform shareholders about the not so positive developments in their company KURU, same as they are sharing news of positive development in their company TJL.

it is good if companies are transparent with both good & bad news / developments in a timely manner (via investor forums etc). 

what generally happens is that good news / developments are highlighted early (eg. TJL) & bad news / developments follow later in a footnote (eg. KURU), both by pretty much, the same management / owners.

Hmm.....
I am confused about your view that TJL owners themself should inform shareholders of KURU about its bad news, because their annual reports do not show any connection of ownership or Director Boards.

13Disclosure TJL Empty Re: Disclosure TJL Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:47 am

The Alchemist


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@K.Haputantri wrote:
@The Alchemist wrote:
@Rapaport wrote:Other companies in CSE should follow TJL path and inform shareholders in the same way!

Cheers!
 
not only other companies, the TJL owners themselves must also inform shareholders about the not so positive developments in their company KURU, same as they are sharing news of positive development in their company TJL.

it is good if companies are transparent with both good & bad news / developments in a timely manner (via investor forums etc). 

what generally happens is that good news / developments are highlighted early (eg. TJL) & bad news / developments follow later in a footnote (eg. KURU), both by pretty much, the same management / owners.

Hmm.....
I am confused about your view that TJL owners themself should inform shareholders of KURU about its bad news, because their annual reports do not show any connection of ownership or Director Boards.
I would not like to mention anything further on this matter. the reason being that it would entail me mentioning names, roles, connections, beneficial owners etc which may be not appropriate in a public forum. either people understand the link or do not. either way, not very important to me. i was just trying to point out a subtle double standard.

14Disclosure TJL Empty Re: Disclosure TJL Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:04 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
@The Alchemist wrote:
@K.Haputantri wrote:
@The Alchemist wrote:
@Rapaport wrote:Other companies in CSE should follow TJL path and inform shareholders in the same way!

Cheers!
 
not only other companies, the TJL owners themselves must also inform shareholders about the not so positive developments in their company KURU, same as they are sharing news of positive development in their company TJL.

it is good if companies are transparent with both good & bad news / developments in a timely manner (via investor forums etc). 

what generally happens is that good news / developments are highlighted early (eg. TJL) & bad news / developments follow later in a footnote (eg. KURU), both by pretty much, the same management / owners.

Hmm.....
I am confused about your view that TJL owners themself should inform shareholders of KURU about its bad news, because their annual reports do not show any connection of ownership or Director Boards.
I would not like to mention anything further on this matter. the reason being that it would entail me mentioning names, roles, connections, beneficial owners etc which may be not appropriate in a public forum. either people understand the link or do not. either way, not very important to me. i was just trying to point out a subtle double standard.
Aha, you seem to have access to lots of inside info in so called listed companies. So, what we see in annual reports do not give the actual ownership and there are "proxy" Directors who covertly run the show on behalf of actual owners. If that is what you meant I have no reason to  disagree.

15Disclosure TJL Empty Re: Disclosure TJL Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:24 pm

The Alchemist


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@K.Haputantri wrote:
@The Alchemist wrote:
@K.Haputantri wrote:
@The Alchemist wrote:
@Rapaport wrote:Other companies in CSE should follow TJL path and inform shareholders in the same way!

Cheers!
 
not only other companies, the TJL owners themselves must also inform shareholders about the not so positive developments in their company KURU, same as they are sharing news of positive development in their company TJL.

it is good if companies are transparent with both good & bad news / developments in a timely manner (via investor forums etc). 

what generally happens is that good news / developments are highlighted early (eg. TJL) & bad news / developments follow later in a footnote (eg. KURU), both by pretty much, the same management / owners.

Hmm.....
I am confused about your view that TJL owners themself should inform shareholders of KURU about its bad news, because their annual reports do not show any connection of ownership or Director Boards.
I would not like to mention anything further on this matter. the reason being that it would entail me mentioning names, roles, connections, beneficial owners etc which may be not appropriate in a public forum. either people understand the link or do not. either way, not very important to me. i was just trying to point out a subtle double standard.
Aha, you seem to have access to lots of inside info in so called listed companies. So, what we see in annual reports do not give the actual ownership and there are "proxy" Directors who covertly run the show on behalf of actual owners. If that is what you meant I have no reason to  disagree.
No that is not what i meant. i do not have any access to inside information. all i know is in the public domain. seek and you shall also find.

16Disclosure TJL Empty Re: Disclosure TJL Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:42 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@The Alchemist wrote:
@K.Haputantri wrote:
@The Alchemist wrote:
@K.Haputantri wrote:
@The Alchemist wrote:
@Rapaport wrote:Other companies in CSE should follow TJL path and inform shareholders in the same way!

Cheers!
 
not only other companies, the TJL owners themselves must also inform shareholders about the not so positive developments in their company KURU, same as they are sharing news of positive development in their company TJL.

it is good if companies are transparent with both good & bad news / developments in a timely manner (via investor forums etc). 

what generally happens is that good news / developments are highlighted early (eg. TJL) & bad news / developments follow later in a footnote (eg. KURU), both by pretty much, the same management / owners.

Hmm.....
I am confused about your view that TJL owners themself should inform shareholders of KURU about its bad news, because their annual reports do not show any connection of ownership or Director Boards.
I would not like to mention anything further on this matter. the reason being that it would entail me mentioning names, roles, connections, beneficial owners etc which may be not appropriate in a public forum. either people understand the link or do not. either way, not very important to me. i was just trying to point out a subtle double standard.
Aha, you seem to have access to lots of inside info in so called listed companies. So, what we see in annual reports do not give the actual ownership and there are "proxy" Directors who covertly run the show on behalf of actual owners. If that is what you meant I have no reason to  disagree.
No that is not what i meant. i do not have any access to inside information. all i know is in the public domain. seek and you shall also find.
TJL and KURU directly or indirectly control by Ashroff Omar.
Brief reading follow this link.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t31479-the-best-in-business-in-2013#185502

17Disclosure TJL Empty Re: Disclosure TJL Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:16 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
Thanks Al & Red.

18Disclosure TJL Empty Re: Disclosure TJL Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:40 pm

Backstage

Backstage
Moderator
Moderator
The two disclosure topics discussions seemed to be on the brink of degenerating into personal attacks, but it didn't despite some provocative comments. Way to go seniors, us amateurs are watching and learning.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum