FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Equity Win Today at 2:17 pm

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Today at 7:42 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Yesterday at 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by blindhog Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:44 am

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

» KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000)
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:04 pm

» ARPICO INSURANCE PLC - Reports LKR 625mn loss for the FY2023
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:58 pm

» EXTERMINATORS PLC (EXT.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:59 am

» ALLIANCE FINANCE COMPANY PLC (ALLI.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:29 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:50 pm

» PINS (People's Insurance) will be another UAL
by sakuni Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:22 pm

» A New Record Price for One Tonne of Cocoa on the International Market
by ResearchMan Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:03 pm

» Access Engineering awarded two more contract packages at Colombo Port
by samansilva Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:05 pm

» FMCG Sector LMF, MEL and DIST
by buwr Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 am

» CEYLON GUARDIAN INVESTMENT TRUST PLC (GUAR)
by soileconomy Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:00 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

CSE in 2014 and fundamental shares that have underperformed

+30
seyon
balapas
sashimaal
econ
raezor
Rapaport
prabath
Fresher
traderathome
Leon
pathfinder
lion
The Alchemist
seek
sahan8896
innam
NUINTH
bullrun
UKboy
nihal123
ADP
K.Haputantri
realstock
gamaya
Intelligent Investing
Antonym
kalum
Gaja
mark
Slstock
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Fresher

Gaja wrote:3) PAP - interesting due to the recent trades. Hemas bought a stake @ 3% in April and if they decide to buy more, it can trigger a Mandatory offer (a very low probability). There was a recent block done which has not been disclosed (I had a feeling that Hemas disposed?)

If the hemas was the seller i feel they should have disclosed by now.

That was just a feeling because if I had looked right, only Hemas had that much holding, unless it was done in multiple blocks, which I did not check.

Anyways, it is unlikely that they saw this as a very short term investment and sold at a loss.

Slstock

Director - Equity Analytics

RENu results for Dec is out.
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/569_1389868131.pdf

Present NAV is Rs 500
9 Month eps is 34+

Only if the management is generous to treat minorty holder with real dividend. Rs 4 was an insult. When cash balance is nearly Rs 200 per share.

Slstock

Please note below ( said last week )

slstock wrote:

This  trend needs to continue upto about 6300-6500 taking small breaks in the middle ( so don't panic for red days).  There will be resistance at around 6200 I presume if not sooner next week.  

Slstock

CDB.X traded at Rs 44.8 today. CDB.,N still at Rs 48!!!

When N was around Rs 40, CDB.X was about Rs 30. Huge mismatch. N cannot stay this way forever. Maybe some people here remember the bulls when this N was trading between Rs 80-100 during 2011.

Btw, this is an observation. Fundamental I explained before . I hold CDB so don;t get influenced by my comment without looking at the facts.

prabath

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:

When N was around Rs 40,   CDB.X was about Rs 30.  Huge mismatch.  N cannot stay this way forever.  Maybe some people here  remember the bulls  when this N was trading between Rs 80-100 during 2011.

Btw, this is an observation. Fundamental I explained before . I hold CDB so don;t get influenced by my comment without looking at the facts.

Answer is simple,
N and X share holders(top 20) are different so as the share price movement as well.Now how did Xclose less than 40 today.That's how it happens.I've already identified who's behind it.Ahead of the game. Wink

Rapaport

Rapaport

Also CDB.X only 8 mil shares with small public float making it move quicker than anticipated!

Cheers!

raezor

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

CSE in 2014 and fundamental  shares that have underperformed - Page 3 Captur10

Is Balangoda a undervalued share ?

Slstock

Slstock

We all know why X is moving ahead of N . X is more illiquid as rappaport said. Also we know the top shares holders of X is Coco Shell.

The point is N cannot stay at these prices / quiet this way if the overall market moves. If it does at the current prices N is more valuable. But it is funny to see CINS N vs X gap ;-)

prabath wrote:
slstock wrote:

When N was around Rs 40,   CDB.X was about Rs 30.  Huge mismatch.  N cannot stay this way forever.  Maybe some people here  remember the bulls  when this N was trading between Rs 80-100 during 2011.

Answer is simple,
N and X share holders(top 20) are different so as the share price movement as well.Now how did Xclose less than 40 today.That's how it happens.I've already identified who's behind it.Ahead of the game. Wink

Slstock

Slstock

Based on NAV ( revalued on bio assets) ,  BALA is  undervalued.  But unless there is plantation run ,  we cannot expect BALA to move based on the  NAV.  The real cash cow share is KGAL. There will be a time for all these shares in the future. Overall market run, Sector run, individual runs etc. The bull is warming up still.

btw , Am not into plantations right now. Need to get some cash released first from shares I hold.

raezor wrote:CSE in 2014 and fundamental  shares that have underperformed - Page 3 Captur10

Is Balangoda a undervalued share ?

Slstock

Slstock

Fundamental :
There is  NAV 95  , RS 3 dividend company beaten to ground due to last 2 quarters being rather bad.   Hint it is rather illiquid. IF you are a trader , this maybe not right for you as there was/is an opportunity cost for holding.

Last edited by slstock on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

econ

econ
Global Moderator

Plantation rallies are usually cyclical. you may need to hold until rally comes time to time.

Slstock

Slstock

Still not too late to figure out .... ;-)

slstock wrote:Okay TFC is at Rs 15 ( with masive negative assets) running  on  some rumor.

Can you think of other similar value shares in that price range and same sector now with greater
a)
b)
c)

Fresher

slstock wrote:Fundamental :
There is  NAV 95  , RS 3 dividend company beaten to ground due to last 2 quarters being rather bad.   Hint it is rather illiquid. IF you are a trader , this maybe  not right for you as there was/is an opportunity cost for holding.

and starts with C ? Wink

sashimaal

sashimaal
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Think it's LWL  Razz 

Fresher wrote:
slstock wrote:Fundamental :
There is  NAV 95  , RS 3 dividend company beaten to ground due to last 2 quarters being rather bad.   Hint it is rather illiquid. IF you are a trader , this maybe  not right for you as there was/is an opportunity cost for holding.

and starts with C ? Wink

Slstock

Slstock

One of them. TFIL , eps will be about 3. NAV  will be 13 this quarter. Not to forget IPO price was Rs 20.

slstock wrote:Still not too late to figure out .... ;-)

slstock wrote:Okay TFC is at Rs 15 ( with masive negative assets) running  on  some rumor.

Can you think of other similar value shares in that price range and same sector now with greater
a)
b)
c)

Last edited by slstock on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Leon

slstock wrote:One of them. TFIL , eps will be about 3. NAV  will be 13 this quarter.

a)
b)
c)

@ Slstock,Any guess as with whom they will merge??

Slstock

Slstock

This CB policy is a bit unclear. Since 1 group can 1 fin company TFIL does not have to merge.
But then again under latest TFIL is in CAt B due to assets.

From TFIL point of view they will not want to merge with anyone weak in their best interest. So DP group, CRL, CDB all seem candiates. ( there are more)

Leon wrote:
slstock wrote:One of them. TFIL , eps will be about 3. NAV  will be 13 this quarter.

a)
b)
c)

@ Slstock,Any guess as with whom they will merge??

Slstock

Slstock

Update :  I first hinted about TFIL  in this thread , when it was in the Rs 14s. Then again 15-16.

Traders Note:  there might be resistance around Rs 20 due to several factors.But if it crosses it with big volume ,   there can be big jumps in price.

Sadly my holding in this is not a lot.

COCR  is another good share , but it has already recovered 50% from bottom and  NAV is much lower compared to TFIL/PLC. Not saying COCR  can not  shoot up more  (if the players are active) . PLC is in samee category but with higher NAV of 12.

If the bull breaks  loose for any  share it will be like a "Bull in a china shop"

I still see many share that have not moved much though market has moved from 5800-6250.

Some shares may keep silent for a long time but when they move they can explode BOOM.  Some time beaten down shares can jump 10% in 10 minutes and never will see the price again.

This is where Trader might  not have time to react  or judge when to sell and buy back compared to investors who patiently hold. 

Think people should  identify more potential shares like this with reasons without worrying about ASI or market volatiity,
When their time comes,  your holding pay offs.

But people should choose what best suites them. Trading or Investing. It depends on your need, expectation, holdign power and patience.

slstock wrote:One of them. TFIL , eps will be about 3. NAV  will be 13 this quarter.  Not to forget IPO price was Rs 20.

a)
b)
c)

Last edited by slstock on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

realstock

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Mad 

Last edited by realstock on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

balapas

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Well Harry never learns.

Slstock

Slstock

Realstock/Harry  you never learn. Sometime there is only one option when people don't listen to be ethical.

I clearly mentioned to give reasons.

balapas wrote:Well Harry never learns.

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

?Real stock- reincarnation of Harry the clapper.

Slstock

Slstock

Yes, I wish he follow ethics ( to list shares with reasons without blindly mentioning share names)
But he edoesn't.

K.Haputantri wrote:?Real stock- reincarnation of Harry the clapper.

Slstock

Slstock

There is another Share in the present hot sector which had not gain attention though counter parts have run ;-)

Btw on TFIl which I hinter at Rs 14 and then again stated at Rs 15-16.

By no means this is a price target to follow blindly.
So no blind following or blames games if it doesn't get there

This is just a educational calculation :

After this quarter . TFIL NAV will be about 13.

If at 2 times Book value Price will be : Rs 26

There are roughly 56.8 mil shares,

So at Rs 26 ( just for argument)
TFIL totally is worth 26*56.8 = 1.48 billion

Interestingly their Assets are at 1.405 Bil by Sept ( liabilities about 0.7 bil)

Estimated earning will be well over 150 mil this year.

I see CFL running ahead of TFIL right now with lesser book value.

If they get merged how much will be the target price for a company like this. Good question right?

Disclosure : I hold a limited quantity of this share (sadly) . Already over 60% profit so anything above Rs 20 will be bonus for me.

Slstock

Slstock

Oh no they heard me  tongue 

It just started to move before I could released money to buy  silent 

slstock wrote:There is another Share in the present hot sector which had not gain attention though counter parts have run ;-)

Slstock

Slstock

TFIL hit Rs 20 today. Now we see the resistance mentioned below.

slstock wrote:Update :  I first hinted about TFIL  in this thread , when it was in the Rs 14s. Then again 15-16.

Traders Note:  there might be resistance around Rs 20 due to several factors.But if it crosses it with big volume ,   there can be big jumps in price.

Slstock

Slstock

ALLI after a long sleep started to raise its head today with some big buying. Some big seller was trying to exit and that is why this was dragged too much down.

BTw, there is Land sector share, that can give a huge surprise if our calculations are correct. It as also mentioned in this thread by another ;-)

seyon

slstock wrote:ALLI after a long sleep started to raise its head today with some big buying. Some big seller was trying to exit and that is why this was dragged too much down.

BTw, there is Land sector share, that can give a huge surprise if our calculations are correct. It as also mentioned in this thread by another ;-)

You mean SHAW What is the prediction? are they going to sell other lands?

Slstock

Slstock

Traders/investors of TFIL note what I said earlier as below.

On technical grounds it would be good for TIFL to fall to Rs18-19 for couple of days.

But falling below Rs 18 might not be a good sign.

On fundamental grounds still TFIL is not overvalued on earnigns and assets.

slstock wrote: TFIL hit Rs 20 today.  Now we see the resistance mentioned below.

slstock wrote:Update :  I first hinted about TFIL  in this thread , when it was in the Rs 14s. Then again 15-16.

Slstock

Slstock

Dec 31st results  out. You can compare  with the below comments I made.

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/1102_1391677700820.pdf

Very good growth  during difficult times ( though a small company).

As expected annual eps will be around  Rs 3.  By March end NAV should probably be Rs 14!
( more than PLC, SFIN, COCR CFL )

If they merge, it will be in their best interest to go with a strong company
( ex:  PLC , CFIN, LFIN/VFIN,ALLI , CDB , MERC etc).

They have opened up  branch ( es ?) in the North. The potential partner might also look at that factor.

Hmm...which strong company does not have a branch in the North?

slstock wrote:There is another Share in the present hot sector which had not gain attention though counter parts have run ;-)

Btw on TFIl which I hinter at Rs 14 and then again stated at Rs 15-16.

By no means this is  a price target to follow blindly.
So no blind following or blames games if it doesn't get there  

This is just a educational calculation :

After this quarter . TFIL NAV  will be about 13.  

If at  2 times Book value  Price will be  : Rs 26

There are roughly 56.8 mil shares,

So at Rs 26 ( just for argument)  
TFIL totally is worth  26*56.8 = 1.48 billion

Interestingly their Assets are at 1.405  Bil by Sept ( liabilities about 0.7 bil)

Estimated earning will be well over 150 mil this year.

I see CFL running ahead of TFIL right now with lesser book value.

If they get merged  how much will be the target price  for a company like this.  Good question right?

Disclosure : I hold a limited quantity of this share (sadly) . Already over 60% profit so anything above Rs 20 will be bonus for me.

Last edited by slstock on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum