FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» ROYAL CERAMICS PLC (RCL.N0000)
by Dilip Today at 11:55 am

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by ronstyn53 Yesterday at 10:22 pm

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by abey Yesterday at 9:07 pm

» First capital holdings CFVF.N0000
by invest thinker Yesterday at 4:46 pm

» LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC (LDEV.N0000)
by Wolf86 Yesterday at 2:00 pm

» ???? අප්‍රේල් 16 ???? මේ දින 3 කෙටි සතියත් කොළපාටින් අවසන් වුනා
by dayandacool Yesterday at 1:58 pm

» Lanka Walltile PLC Investment Case
by judecroos Yesterday at 8:55 am

» Which is the best at current market condition ? ( At least 30% within 30 Days)
by judecroos Yesterday at 8:39 am

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:03 pm

» Big opportunity in Kegalle Plantations
by EquityChamp Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:58 pm

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by stockchaser Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:42 pm

» විජේදාසගේ... voice cut ප්‍රතිඵල
by nigma Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:59 am

» If you buy a stock that’s not going up in price, you won’t make any money. STOCK market for beginners
by dayandacool Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:31 am

» B P P L HOLDINGS PLC (BPPL.N0000)
by vikiperera Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:17 am

» VPEL VPEL VPEL
by invest thinker Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:23 am

» Thoughts on SINS
by Swissinvest Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:04 am

» VFIN / VPEL / PABC - Share SPLIT or VTWO ?
by WealthKing Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:33 am

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Harry82 Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:46 am

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Jana Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:15 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by learningthemarket Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:18 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » What made ECL so attractive?

What made ECL so attractive?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What made ECL so attractive? Empty What made ECL so attractive? Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:45 am

Leon


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
In 2013 ECL has given a return of 119%. It may be the best in 2013.
I had a look at their figures & wonder what made ECL so very attractive.

                             2010/11         2011/12      2012/13          30.09.13

 Revenue                 61m                  88m           131m              92m
 NAV                         .64                   1.40           1.90               1.10
 EPS                          .07                    .80             .63                 .48

Plus points:

* With IT literacy being continued to grow ECL business model will be greatly benefited.
* Less bank debt.
* Not much of competitiveness
* Anticipation of good dividends as they did in 2013.
Another interesting move was CT's CEO was appointed to the board in 31.01.2013. But CT exited from ECL by selling their stake(11%)

In the mad bull run in 2011 ECL hit Rs.33.00. But I wonder what made ECL the best performer in 2013 while the better and fundamentally sound shares are at bargain prices.
Open for discussion.

2What made ECL so attractive? Empty Re: What made ECL so attractive? Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:54 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
ECL had a very bit share split. Rs 33 was before split.

ECL seems special now as it is the only surviving share in its sector and is decently managed.

Also it seems many retailers go into it so there is various promotion going on. However, on fundamentals one needs to note where it is at right now at Rs 14. Also one need to understand the business model behind ECL and how much they can grown their revenue ( this is not a bad share at all ) . Don;t mistake I am not saying this is bad share or it will not go up ( I wish I can control all shares based on fundamentals) but I presented some other thought to the discussion only

So whoever the ECL lovers are , don;t get your panti--- in a bunch now for pointing out some thoughts.

3What made ECL so attractive? Empty Re: What made ECL so attractive? Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:12 am

knockknobbler


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Leon wrote:In 2013 ECL has given a return of 119%. It may be the best in 2013.
I had a look at their figures & wonder what made ECL so very attractive.

                             2010/11         2011/12      2012/13          30.09.13

 Revenue                 61m                  88m           131m              92m
 NAV                         .64                   1.40           1.90               1.10
 EPS                          .07                    .80             .63                 .48

................
.

Good point. I also wonder .... about the price increase.

However if you analyze the  the price behavior, the increase started  in mid September 2013. Prior that it was mostly between  5.50 -7.50 range. From September onwards., that is last 3 1/2 months,  it has reached 14.00 indicating almost 100% gain.

My observation is ,this type of sudden increase is not due to any fundamental strength. There is a notable change in share holding also, during this period.

I don't think the business model of ECL is that promising.  EPS is also not that encouraging.  NAV is not that relevant  ,since this is a service company.
There are number of companies in strong sectors,  which show much better results in 2012/13,and 1H  2013/14 compared to above results.

So, as slstock pointed out , the sudden price increase is probably due to some other factors.  It is interesting to watch whether they can sustain these price levels.

4What made ECL so attractive? Empty Re: What made ECL so attractive? Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:24 pm

rdk2874


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
The professional promotion done by the master professional 2013 has brought ecl to these levels.  Very Happy Very Happy 

5What made ECL so attractive? Empty Re: What made ECL so attractive? Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:32 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
I am not sure he really talked about ECL. But we all agree he was going flat out on Blue. Through PMs hope he took/takes your challenge.


@rdk2874 wrote:The professional promotion done by the master professional 2013 has brought ecl to these levels.  Very Happy Very Happy 

6What made ECL so attractive? Empty professional 2013 panala giya Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:46 pm

rdk2874


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:I am not sure  he really talked about  ECL.  But  we all agree he was going flat out  on  Blue.  Through PMs  hope he took/takes  your challenge.


@rdk2874 wrote:The professional promotion done by the master professional 2013 has brought ecl to these levels.  Very Happy Very Happy 

He got a fluke on ecl. On blue he is bluffing. If he was not bluffing he would have accepted the bet in which he challenged. He already lost the previous challenge and now he is running away from this. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

7What made ECL so attractive? Empty Re: What made ECL so attractive? Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:55 pm

TheProfessional2013

TheProfessional2013
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Cant tell u its insider information. Wait till end of this month you will get it and it goes over Rs. 30

8What made ECL so attractive? Empty Re: What made ECL so attractive? Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:04 pm

Aubrey Perera


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
So ECL over 30?? , you said the same about blue but that never happened ???

9What made ECL so attractive? Empty Re: What made ECL so attractive? Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:04 pm

dhanurrox


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@TheProfessional2013 wrote:Cant tell u its insider information. Wait till end of this month you will get it and it goes over Rs. 30
I have this,I told that earlier also,anyway I don't have info like you whether it's true or false.But i'm still holding this on my feelings and observations.

10What made ECL so attractive? Empty Re: What made ECL so attractive? Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:42 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Proffesional I explained to you before. You don't listen. Think about the forum.

A forum like this was shut down before as promotions like this without reason was going on . SEC was involved also from what we heard.

Do you want this forum to shut down too?

Okay , if your prediction does not come true by the end of the month , there is no choice but to Ban you. You keep promoting non fundamental shares without reason.




@TheProfessional2013 wrote:Cant tell u its insider information. Wait till end of this month you will get it and it goes over Rs. 30

11What made ECL so attractive? Empty Re: What made ECL so attractive? Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:24 am

rdk2874


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:Proffesional  I explained to you before. You don't listen.  Think about the forum.

A forum like this was shut down before as promotions like this without reason was going on .  SEC was involved also from what we heard.

Do you want this forum to shut down too?

Okay , if your prediction does not come true by the end of the month , there is no choice but to Ban you.  You keep promoting non fundamental shares without reason.




@TheProfessional2013 wrote:Cant tell u its insider information. Wait till end of this month you will get it and it goes over Rs. 30

Slstock

When a mad person kills a normal person he is not punished by law. He is a put into a mental hospital. In the same way the SEC wont even bother about people like him because when they see what shares he is promoting blue 15 and ecl 30, they will laugh it out and say pow ne. Sad  Mu pissek.

Its not like all the members here are promoting in such a way. Just one gambler.
Delete his comments on the price increments. We all know what he said.

Dont worry sec has better things to do than stopping blue and ecl promoters like the gambler. Laughing 

12What made ECL so attractive? Empty Re: What made ECL so attractive? Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:52 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
In case you don't know, the other forum had to  shut down for the promotion of 2 shares  by 1 main party ( maybe 2 ) .


Anyway, we warn people because we are nice,  and if people do not comply we will make admin decision to best protect the forumn to save it for 1000s of others. I/we  may end up as the bad guy for some But it is okay.




@rdk2874 wrote:
@slstock wrote:Proffesional  I explained to you before. You don't listen.  Think about the forum.

A forum like this was shut down before as promotions like this without reason was going on .  SEC was involved also from what we heard.

Do you want this forum to shut down too?

Okay , if your prediction does not come true by the end of the month , there is no choice but to Ban you.  You keep promoting non fundamental shares without reason.




@TheProfessional2013 wrote:Cant tell u its insider information. Wait till end of this month you will get it and it goes over Rs. 30

Slstock

When a mad person kills a normal person he is not punished by law. He is a put into a mental hospital. In the same way the SEC wont even bother about people like him because when they see what shares he is promoting blue 15 and ecl 30, they will laugh it out and say pow ne. Sad  Mu pissek.

Its not like all the members here are promoting in such a way. Just one gambler.
Delete his comments on the price increments. We all know what he said.

Dont worry sec has better things to do than stopping blue and ecl promoters like the gambler. Laughing 

13What made ECL so attractive? Empty Re: What made ECL so attractive? Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:35 pm

rdk2874


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:In case you don't know, the other forum had to  shut down for the promotion of 2 shares  by 1 main party ( maybe 2 ) .


Anyway, we warn people because we are nice,  and if people do not comply we will make admin decision to best protect the forumn to save it for 1000s of others. I/we  may end up as the bad guy for some But it is okay.




@rdk2874 wrote:
@slstock wrote:Proffesional  I explained to you before. You don't listen.  Think about the forum.

A forum like this was shut down before as promotions like this without reason was going on .  SEC was involved also from what we heard.

Do you want this forum to shut down too?

Okay , if your prediction does not come true by the end of the month , there is no choice but to Ban you.  You keep promoting non fundamental shares without reason.




@TheProfessional2013 wrote:Cant tell u its insider information. Wait till end of this month you will get it and it goes over Rs. 30

Slstock

When a mad person kills a normal person he is not punished by law. He is a put into a mental hospital. In the same way the SEC wont even bother about people like him because when they see what shares he is promoting blue 15 and ecl 30, they will laugh it out and say pow ne. Sad  Mu pissek.

Its not like all the members here are promoting in such a way. Just one gambler.
Delete his comments on the price increments. We all know what he said.

Dont worry sec has better things to do than stopping blue and ecl promoters like the gambler. Laughing 


We appreciate your kindness and respect the rules laid by youll. I also appreciate your patience and kind warnings.

I ask if certain posts are not within the laws, then those posts be deleted or altered rather than completely banning the member. If there are such posts we the members would inform you right away.

14What made ECL so attractive? Empty Re: What made ECL so attractive? Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:57 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
What you say, is what we ( the people in the Mod panel) do most of the time. But you will understand , there is a limit. We cannot keep doing that for ever if member keep abusing forum rules and ethics with respecting it ( and be decent not to take new comers for rides) . Sometimes some people come under multiple IDs to achieve their goals.

I think you will appreciate now it is not an easy task to keep this forum safe for everyone. We have talked enough about this via forum and PMs right.

I took time saying all this so you and other new comers understand what it takes.



@rdk2874 wrote:
@slstock wrote:In case you don't know, the other forum had to  shut down for the promotion of 2 shares  by 1 main party ( maybe 2 ) .


Anyway, we warn people because we are nice,  and if people do not comply we will make admin decision to best protect the forumn to save it for 1000s of others. I/we  may end up as the bad guy for some But it is okay.




@rdk2874 wrote:
@slstock wrote:Proffesional  I explained to you before. You don't listen.  Think about the forum.

A forum like this was shut down before as promotions like this without reason was going on .  SEC was involved also from what we heard.

Do you want this forum to shut down too?

Okay , if your prediction does not come true by the end of the month , there is no choice but to Ban you.  You keep promoting non fundamental shares without reason.




@TheProfessional2013 wrote:Cant tell u its insider information. Wait till end of this month you will get it and it goes over Rs. 30

Slstock

When a mad person kills a normal person he is not punished by law. He is a put into a mental hospital. In the same way the SEC wont even bother about people like him because when they see what shares he is promoting blue 15 and ecl 30, they will laugh it out and say pow ne. Sad  Mu pissek.

Its not like all the members here are promoting in such a way. Just one gambler.
Delete his comments on the price increments. We all know what he said.

Dont worry sec has better things to do than stopping blue and ecl promoters like the gambler. Laughing 


We appreciate your kindness and respect the rules laid by youll. I also appreciate your patience and kind warnings.

I ask if certain posts are not within the laws, then those posts be deleted or altered rather than completely banning the member. If there are such posts we the members would inform you right away.

15What made ECL so attractive? Empty Re: What made ECL so attractive? Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:53 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
rdk -> U think we're here to baby sit? Geez..

There's a limit of patinece for everone.. When ppl abuse their freedom, reluctantly we need to take the matters to our hands.

This forum with 10K members was not built overnight.. It was a collective effort of previous admins, co-admins, mod team and most importantly, the rest of the members who spread the word-of-mouth to attract more members here..

As Slstock concisely pointed out, we cannot let the forum fall due to actions by 2-3 greedy individuals..

Either u guys stay here and adhere to the rules or the doors are open..

16What made ECL so attractive? Empty Re: What made ECL so attractive? Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:39 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
Can someone say why i see a 1Mn buy order at 14.30 ?

why the hell it dont go down even in red. grrr

17What made ECL so attractive? Empty Re: What made ECL so attractive? Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:50 am

KDDND

KDDND
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@smallville wrote:rdk -> U think we're here to baby sit? Geez..

There's a limit of patinece for everone.. When ppl abuse their freedom, reluctantly we need to take the matters to our hands.

This forum with 10K members was not built overnight.. It was a collective effort of previous admins, co-admins, mod team and most importantly, the rest of the members who spread the word-of-mouth to attract more members here..

As Slstock concisely pointed out, we cannot let the forum fall due to actions by 2-3 greedy individuals..

Either u guys stay here and adhere to the rules or the doors are open..

wowwww.... !!!! Congrad! and Thxxxxxxxx!!

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum