FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

where are investors? Vote_lcap11%where are investors? Vote_rcap 11% [ 21 ]
where are investors? Vote_lcap20%where are investors? Vote_rcap 20% [ 37 ]
where are investors? Vote_lcap29%where are investors? Vote_rcap 29% [ 53 ]
where are investors? Vote_lcap40%where are investors? Vote_rcap 40% [ 74 ]

Total Votes : 185

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » where are investors?

where are investors?

+7
Intrinsic
mohith
ROHAN
milanka
SL.Market
DXB2252
wikum100
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1where are investors? Empty where are investors? Tue May 03, 2011 12:55 pm

wikum100


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

it seems nobody like to invest today
all are selling
what is going on ?
so boring to see pale monkey

2where are investors? Empty Re: where are investors? Tue May 03, 2011 1:00 pm

DXB2252


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

we are here...................

3where are investors? Empty Re: where are investors? Tue May 03, 2011 1:01 pm

SL.Market

SL.Market
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

wait...

This is a chance to buy... I do it..

4where are investors? Empty Re: where are investors? Tue May 03, 2011 1:02 pm

wikum100


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

SL.Market wrote:wait...

This is a chance to buy... I do it..

ko nen i dont see you buying are you? Rolling Eyes

5where are investors? Empty Re: where are investors? Tue May 03, 2011 1:03 pm

milanka

milanka
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

wikum100 wrote:it seems nobody like to invest today
all are selling what is going on ?
pale monkey


Not all are selling , Just monitoring - Waiting for upward movement , patiently !!

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

6where are investors? Empty Re: where are investors? Tue May 03, 2011 1:04 pm

ROHAN

ROHAN
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

wait...

This is a chance to buy... I do it..




how we buy all invest hight price,, pale

http://lk.duinvest.com/portal/LKCSE/homePage.html

7where are investors? Empty Re: where are investors? Tue May 03, 2011 1:12 pm

mohith

mohith
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

wikum100 wrote:it seems nobody like to invest today
all are selling
what is going on ?
so boring to see pale monkey
If their are sellers there should be buyers also, correct me if i am wrong Rolling Eyes

8where are investors? Empty Re: where are investors? Tue May 03, 2011 1:28 pm

SL.Market

SL.Market
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

ROHAN wrote:wait...

This is a chance to buy... I do it..




how we buy all invest hight price,, pale

Dear Rohan...
plz check this..

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t1863-guideline-for-investing-cse

dont blindly invest..

today and may be tommarow are the dates to buy the lower values of shares we sold them reson past...

again advise you inteligently invest.. dont go behind the all the shares in cse...and dont do margin trading..
good luck

9where are investors? Empty Re: where are investors? Tue May 03, 2011 1:52 pm

Intrinsic


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

To effect a transaction a buyer & a seller should participate. There may be more sellers than buyers in today's market. In other words more offers than bids. (Bids/Offer < 1). Wikum100 must have meant that. This is very obvious in today's red counters like ECL, SIRA etc...

Experts, Please correct if my understanding is wrong

10where are investors? Empty Re: where are investors? Tue May 03, 2011 4:17 pm

SL.Market

SL.Market
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Intrinsic wrote:To effect a transaction a buyer & a seller should participate. There may be more sellers than buyers in today's market. In other words more offers than bids. (Bids/Offer < 1). Wikum100 must have meant that. This is very obvious in today's red counters like ECL, SIRA etc...

Experts, Please correct if my understanding is wrong

Again I m telling.. investing and earning in CSE is a game

Need to play inteligently.....

Today is the date to buy.. i feel nothing else... and tommarow also possible to buy..if not sell the things today bought.....

As a example I enter to SMILL today below 45... again enter it below 40 if not sell todays buying above 45 but not able to enter to PABC again.. Hoping....

Good Luck...

11where are investors? Empty Re: where are investors? Tue May 03, 2011 4:34 pm

Navin


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

wikum100 wrote:it seems nobody like to invest today
all are selling
what is going on ?
so boring to see pale monkey

What are the companies that comprise the MPI and the ASI? Anybody know?

12where are investors? Empty Re: where are investors? Tue May 03, 2011 4:39 pm

StocksWatch


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Guys...be cautious in these volatile markets...just because the prices are low, it doesn't give you a buy signal...you need to analize number of factors to come to a good conclusion.



Last edited by StocksWatch on Tue May 03, 2011 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

13where are investors? Empty Re: where are investors? Tue May 03, 2011 4:53 pm

SL.Market

SL.Market
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

StocksWatch wrote:Guys...be cautious in these volatile markets...just because the prices are low, it doesn't give you a buy signal...you need to analize number of factors to come to a good conclusion.

Good Idea....+ for you..

14where are investors? Empty Re: where are investors? Tue May 03, 2011 4:59 pm

Intrinsic


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

@Navin,

ASPI comprises all the listed companies in CSE.

MILANKA comprises below 25 companies only (at present)

1. DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC DIST.N0000
2. DIALOG AXIATA PLC DIAL.N0000
3. ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES INVESTMENTS PLC GREG.N0000
4. NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC NDB.N0000
5. NAWALOKA HOSPITALS PLC NHL.N0000
6. NATIONS TRUST BANK PLC NTB.N0000
7. OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC OSEA.N0000
8. PAN ASIA BANKING CORPORATION PLC PABC.N0000
9. SEYLAN BANK PLC SEYB.N0000
10. RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC RICH.N0000
11. SAMPATH BANK PLC SAMP.N0000
12. HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC HHL.N0000
13. HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC HNB.N0000
14. JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC JINS.N0000
15. JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC JKH.N0000
16. JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC KHL.N0000
17. LB FINANCE PLC LFIN.N0000
18. CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC LLUB.N0000
19. MERCHANT BANK OF SRI LANKA PLC MBSL.N0000
20. ASIAN HOTELS & PROPERTIES PLC AHPL.N0000
21. BROWN & COMPANY PLC BRWN.N0000
22. CIC HOLDINGS PLC CIC.N0000
23. COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC COMB.N0000
24. DFCC BANK DFCC.N0000
25. GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC GHLL.N0000

15where are investors? Empty Re: where are investors? Tue May 03, 2011 5:21 pm

Navin


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Intrinsic wrote:@Navin,

ASPI comprises all the listed companies in CSE.

MILANKA comprises below 25 companies only (at present)

1. DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC DIST.N0000
2. DIALOG AXIATA PLC DIAL.N0000
3. ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES INVESTMENTS PLC GREG.N0000
4. NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC NDB.N0000
5. NAWALOKA HOSPITALS PLC NHL.N0000
6. NATIONS TRUST BANK PLC NTB.N0000
7. OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC OSEA.N0000
8. PAN ASIA BANKING CORPORATION PLC PABC.N0000
9. SEYLAN BANK PLC SEYB.N0000
10. RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC RICH.N0000
11. SAMPATH BANK PLC SAMP.N0000
12. HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC HHL.N0000
13. HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC HNB.N0000
14. JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC JINS.N0000
15. JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC JKH.N0000
16. JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC KHL.N0000
17. LB FINANCE PLC LFIN.N0000
18. CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC LLUB.N0000
19. MERCHANT BANK OF SRI LANKA PLC MBSL.N0000
20. ASIAN HOTELS & PROPERTIES PLC AHPL.N0000
21. BROWN & COMPANY PLC BRWN.N0000
22. CIC HOLDINGS PLC CIC.N0000
23. COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC COMB.N0000
24. DFCC BANK DFCC.N0000
25. GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC GHLL.N0000

Many thanks Intrinsic. Is the list published the CSE website?

16where are investors? Empty Re: where are investors? Tue May 03, 2011 7:12 pm

Intrinsic


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

@Navin,

I couldn't find any info in CSE website re Milanka list. Above info was from some other site. I have cut & pasted it into one of my folders. I do not have that link now.

Milanka comprises of the 25 companies with the highest mark-cap. Also this list of companies is subjected to periodic revision. Then some companies will be dropped from the list & some other companies will be picked into the list.

HHL, LFIN, GHLL had been dropped & ACL, LIOC, DOCK had been added to above list in last july. That revised list had been valid until end of last year. (http://www.lbo.lk/fullstory.php?nid=1227820168). Thereafter I could not find any update.

17where are investors? Empty Re: where are investors? Tue May 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Navin


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

OK! Once again many thanks

18where are investors? Empty Re: where are investors? Wed May 04, 2011 6:57 am

ShareShares


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

try to find better ways of attracting medium term investors to the secondary market , then the milanka index may improve

19where are investors? Empty Re: where are investors? Wed May 04, 2011 7:08 am

tkc

tkc
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

If you are an investor so no need to worry!! Because, investors have enough patience to face situation like this.And If you have studied before buying, keep trust on your shares.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum