FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» WIND FORCE WIND
by Wickyz Today at 6:53 pm

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Jana Today at 5:24 pm

» What will happen tomorrow?
by madukp Today at 2:25 pm

» Growing Fear
by Thushara Ayya Today at 10:56 am

» CHRISSWORLD THE IPO
by Eranx Today at 2:39 am

» Dipped Products, Haycarb well-positioned to benefit
by KingMaker2020 Yesterday at 9:40 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by vijay singh Yesterday at 8:13 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 6:56 pm

» B P P L HOLDINGS PLC (BPPL.N0000)
by Beta1 Yesterday at 4:22 pm

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Mr. X Yesterday at 3:44 pm

» ALUMEX PLC (ALUM.N0000)
by Bakkabwoi Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:24 pm

» First capital holdings CFVF.N0000
by invest thinker Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:25 pm

» The market is not out to “get” you but is just flowing along, and your position just happens to be carried along with it.
by dayandacool Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:49 pm

» විජේදාසගේ... voice cut ප්‍රතිඵල
by reyaz Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:15 pm

» KGAL - THE SLEEPING GIANT
by THASSIM Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:21 pm

» ???? අප්‍රේල් 16 ???? මේ දින 3 කෙටි සතියත් කොළපාටින් අවසන් වුනා
by Wickyz Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:54 pm

» LDEV LDEV LDEV
by Eranga87 Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:27 am

» No trader can flee from making a mistake. It’s just that you need to be careful about not repeating your mistakes.
by Mithooshan Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:42 am

» SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC (PARQ.N0000)
by Chithi Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:45 pm

» ROYAL CERAMICS PLC (RCL.N0000)
by Jana Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:14 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » RENU - 31-12-2013

RENU - 31-12-2013

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1RENU - 31-12-2013 Empty RENU - 31-12-2013 Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:17 pm

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Quarter EPS: 9.22
Nine Months EPS: 34.91
Net Asset Value: 506.06

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/569_1389868131.pdf

2RENU - 31-12-2013 Empty Re: RENU - 31-12-2013 Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Bit odd they released it during market times and without/before CABO.

Maybe they wanted to show the NAV during market times due portfolio gains ( mainly DFCC)

3RENU - 31-12-2013 Empty Re: RENU - 31-12-2013 Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Backstage

Backstage
Moderator
Moderator
If RENU de-list , you will get 500 + per share ?

4RENU - 31-12-2013 Empty Re: RENU - 31-12-2013 Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:37 pm

Backstage

Backstage
Moderator
Moderator
@Redbulls wrote:RENU last 8 years datas
http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/company-fact-sheet-renuka-city-hotels.html

Nice to see forum member in top 20 . Smile 

5RENU - 31-12-2013 Empty Re: RENU - 31-12-2013 Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:40 pm

Antonym

Antonym
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:Bit odd they released it during market times and without/before  CABO.

Maybe they wanted to show the NAV during market times due  portfolio  gains (mainly DFCC)
Yes, it is unusual that RENU released results so early (in January!), but it was on the CSE website before market opened... In the financial statements, DFCC would have been valued at Rs 129, i.e. closing price on 31.12.2013.

More than 21,000 RENU shares changed hands today at an average price of Rs 277.30. There was some big buying, which was offset by some big sell orders from DSA (Capital Trust?).

6RENU - 31-12-2013 Empty Re: RENU - 31-12-2013 Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:10 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Yeah Sept to Dec DFCC share increase is about Rs 10.  ( roughly they hold 1 DFCC to   1 RENU ) .   From about 100 mil portfolio gain DFCC should contribute about Rs 70 mil.
 

Need to dig in further to find , but   did you notice June NAV was adjusted to Rs 562 and there was big dip in Sept to Rs 482?  Due to AFS reserve difference.





@Antonym wrote:
@slstock wrote:Bit odd they released it during market times and without/before  CABO.

Maybe they wanted to show the NAV during market times due  portfolio  gains (mainly DFCC)
Yes, it is unusual that RENU released results so early (in January!), but it was on the CSE website before market opened... In the financial statements, DFCC would have been valued at Rs 129, i.e. closing price on 31.12.2013.

More than 21,000 RENU shares changed hands today at an average price of Rs 277.30. There was some big buying, which was offset by some big sell orders from DSA (Capital Trust?).

7RENU - 31-12-2013 Empty Re: RENU - 31-12-2013 Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:16 pm

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
RENU holds cash & cash equivalents of Rs 1.36 in it's balance sheet, which is equivalent to Rs 190/- per share.

I hope they wouldn't issue the cash to a sister company as loan.



Last edited by Monster on Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

8RENU - 31-12-2013 Empty Re: RENU - 31-12-2013 Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Fresher


Moderator
Moderator
@Monster wrote:RENU holds cash & cash equivalents of Rs 1.36 in it's balance sheet, which is equivalent to Rs 190/- per share.

I hope they wouldn't issue to cash to a sister company as loan.

Well I guess one might be tempted to trade on the assumption that they must do something with the money at some point of time. Either reinvest or pay back to shareholders. Is it worth the wait for that to happen?

As per the loan to sister company, as far as the exchange rate is considered then and now, I don't think it has been too bad a thing if the loan was given in AUD, is it?

9RENU - 31-12-2013 Empty Re: RENU - 31-12-2013 Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:39 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
The AUD loan was fully paid back. All done now.


@Fresher wrote:
@Monster wrote:RENU holds cash & cash equivalents of Rs 1.36 in it's balance sheet, which is equivalent to Rs 190/- per share.

I hope they wouldn't issue to cash to a sister company as loan.

Well I guess one might be tempted to trade on the assumption that they must do something with the money at some point of time. Either reinvest or pay back to shareholders. Is it worth the wait for that to happen?

As per the loan to sister company, as far as the exchange rate is considered then and now, I don't think it has been too bad a thing if the loan was given in AUD, is it?

10RENU - 31-12-2013 Empty Re: RENU - 31-12-2013 Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:42 pm

Fresher


Moderator
Moderator
@slstock wrote:The AUD loan was fully paid back. All done now.


@Fresher wrote:
@Monster wrote:RENU holds cash & cash equivalents of Rs 1.36 in it's balance sheet, which is equivalent to Rs 190/- per share.

I hope they wouldn't issue to cash to a sister company as loan.

Well I guess one might be tempted to trade on the assumption that they must do something with the money at some point of time. Either reinvest or pay back to shareholders. Is it worth the wait for that to happen?

As per the loan to sister company, as far as the exchange rate is considered then and now, I don't think it has been too bad a thing if the loan was given in AUD, is it?

my bad. I missed that. When did that happen sls? I was following this on and off due to the nature of the management regarding the exact reasons that you mentioned.

11RENU - 31-12-2013 Empty Re: RENU - 31-12-2013 Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:48 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Sometime in late 2012 if i recall.



@Fresher wrote:
@slstock wrote:The AUD loan was fully paid back. All done now.


@Fresher wrote:
@Monster wrote:RENU holds cash & cash equivalents of Rs 1.36 in it's balance sheet, which is equivalent to Rs 190/- per share.

I hope they wouldn't issue to cash to a sister company as loan.

Well I guess one might be tempted to trade on the assumption that they must do something with the money at some point of time. Either reinvest or pay back to shareholders. Is it worth the wait for that to happen?

As per the loan to sister company, as far as the exchange rate is considered then and now, I don't think it has been too bad a thing if the loan was given in AUD, is it?

my bad. I missed that. When did that happen sls? I was following this on and off due to the nature of the management regarding the exact reasons that you mentioned.

12RENU - 31-12-2013 Empty Re: RENU - 31-12-2013 Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:18 pm

seek


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
I am not going to say RENU is a bad share. For a value investor this might be the best pick in the list. But do the managemnt care about minor shareholders?. You can buy 20 shares of COCR or JINS for the same price that you pay for 1 share of RENU. Then you are guranteed to get 20 Rs dividend for the same amount that you are going to pay for 1 RENU. In my life I've never bought RENU/CABO.

13RENU - 31-12-2013 Empty Re: RENU - 31-12-2013 Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:24 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Yes, with RENU/CABO expecting big dividends are out ( unless the stingy management changes their attitudes). However if it runs , the room for value based share appreciation is more . If someone who can push gets into it, this has room to give more than 100% ( based on NAV it self) . Will it happen, and when I don't know. But some day it should.



14RENU - 31-12-2013 Empty Re: RENU - 31-12-2013 Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:29 pm

Fresher


Moderator
Moderator
@slstock wrote:Yes, with RENU/CABO   expecting big dividends are out ( unless the stingy management changes their attitudes).  However if it runs , the room for value based share appreciation is more . If someone who can push gets into it, this has room to give more than 100% ( based on NAV it self) . Will it happen, and when I don't know.  But some day it should.

That probably is the case with most illiquid stocks isn't it. Some have huge value but due to low liquidity they do not trade at a fair price. If these generate attractive ROE then it is worth holding it for longer periods under the assumption that the price will move up at some point of time making up for the time as well

15RENU - 31-12-2013 Empty Re: RENU - 31-12-2013 Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:37 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Yes the investor has to take the responsibility of the time factor / opportunity cost untill such time illquid shares move. We saw how CABO moved from Rs 90 to RS 150 very quickly when the interest got in to , and how members here started promoting it after it hit Rs 140. giving much higher price targets.

RENU having DFCC , might be a trigger depending on what happens at the NDB/DFCC merger.




@Fresher wrote:
@slstock wrote:Yes, with RENU/CABO   expecting big dividends are out ( unless the stingy management changes their attitudes).  However if it runs , the room for value based share appreciation is more . If someone who can push gets into it, this has room to give more than 100% ( based on NAV it self) . Will it happen, and when I don't know.  But some day it should.

That probably is the case with most illiquid stocks isn't it. Some have huge value but due to low liquidity they do not trade at a fair price. If these generate attractive ROE then it is worth holding it for longer periods under the assumption that the price will move up at some point of time making up for the time as well

16RENU - 31-12-2013 Empty Re: RENU - 31-12-2013 Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:37 pm

KDDND

KDDND
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Yes, there is no questions with CABO/RENU...... But life with COCR/JINS/TJL/PLC...... Giving good dividend
Yield...... And some trading opportunities....once or twice per month...... But not to fully load and unload.... Instead partly...... I feel life with these counters is ACTIVE........ I like that feeling......

However CABO is more fluctuating than RENU..... In these days..... ??????

17RENU - 31-12-2013 Empty Re: RENU - 31-12-2013 Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:16 pm

Fresher


Moderator
Moderator
@KDDND wrote:Yes, there is no questions with CABO/RENU...... But life with COCR/JINS/TJL/PLC...... Giving good dividend
Yield...... And some trading opportunities....once or twice per month...... But not to fully load and unload.... Instead partly......  I feel life with these counters is ACTIVE........ I like that feeling......

However CABO is more fluctuating than RENU..... In these days..... ??????

It all comes down to the type of investor/trader. Everyone has/would have their own strategy and that's the reason why it's not wise to follow someone blindly.

18RENU - 31-12-2013 Empty Re: RENU - 31-12-2013 Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:26 am

Leon


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Fresher wrote:
@KDDND wrote:Yes, there is no questions with CABO/RENU...... But life with COCR/JINS/TJL/PLC...... Giving good dividend
Yield...... And some trading opportunities....once or twice per month...... But not to fully load and unload.... Instead partly......  I feel life with these counters is ACTIVE........ I like that feeling......

However CABO is more fluctuating than RENU..... In these days..... ??????

It all comes down to the type of investor/trader. Everyone has/would have their own strategy and that's the reason why it's not wise to follow someone blindly.

Deffa, you got to understand your strength and holding power.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum