FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Promoney Today at 8:58 am

» විජේදාසගේ... voice cut ප්‍රතිඵල
by Kaish86 Today at 8:04 am

» Growing Fear
by stockchaser Today at 7:53 am

» No trader can flee from making a mistake. It’s just that you need to be careful about not repeating your mistakes.
by Mithooshan Today at 7:42 am

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Jana Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» LDEV LDEV LDEV
by stockchaser Yesterday at 8:43 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 8:33 pm

» SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC (PARQ.N0000)
by Chithi Yesterday at 7:45 pm

» ROYAL CERAMICS PLC (RCL.N0000)
by Jana Yesterday at 6:14 pm

» US dollar trading lower, euro near new high
by target1 Yesterday at 1:38 pm

» LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC (LDEV.N0000)
by Thushara Ayya Yesterday at 11:59 am

» ???? අප්‍රේල් 16 ???? මේ දින 3 කෙටි සතියත් කොළපාටින් අවසන් වුනා
by Wickyz Yesterday at 11:20 am

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Wickyz Yesterday at 11:19 am

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by Eranga87 Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:12 pm

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by abey Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:07 pm

» First capital holdings CFVF.N0000
by invest thinker Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:46 pm

» Lanka Walltile PLC Investment Case
by judecroos Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:55 am

» Which is the best at current market condition ? ( At least 30% within 30 Days)
by judecroos Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:39 am

» Big opportunity in Kegalle Plantations
by EquityChamp Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:58 pm

» If you buy a stock that’s not going up in price, you won’t make any money. STOCK market for beginners
by dayandacool Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:31 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch?

FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Empty FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:33 am

puliyanam

puliyanam
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
■SLT denies interest, Hutch confirms negotiations
■Hutch’s island-wide 3G broadband coverage the icing on the cake
By David Ebert

Sri Lanka Telecom is reportedly negotiating a buyout of local mobile service provider Hutch for a reported but as yet unconfirmed price of $ 115 million dollars.
The offered price is higher than the $ 110 million that was supposedly offered by Etisalat for fellow mobile operator Airtel, in news that was reported recently and subsequently denied by both companies.
Sources told Daily FT that a high profile team from Sri Lanka Telecom has been in discussions with Hutch since December, in a move that could see SLT merge Hutch’s islandwide coverage and 3G infrastructure with their own national mobile service provider Mobitel, a move which would significantly expand its own network in a highly cluttered sector that currently has five service providers battling it out for market share dominance

See further details at http://www.ft.lk/2014/01/24/slt-dialling-hutch/

Guys
SLT has denied this storey in a filing to CSE today

http://cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/8641390549582_.pdf



Last edited by puliyanam on Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated information)

2FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Empty Re: FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:31 pm

Leon


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@puliyanam wrote:■SLT denies interest, Hutch confirms negotiations
■Hutch’s island-wide 3G broadband coverage the icing on the cake
By David Ebert

Sri Lanka Telecom is reportedly negotiating a buyout of local mobile service provider Hutch for a reported but as yet unconfirmed price of $ 115 million dollars.
The offered price is higher than the $ 110 million that was supposedly offered by Etisalat for fellow mobile operator Airtel, in news that was reported recently and subsequently denied by both companies.
Sources told Daily FT that a high profile team from Sri Lanka Telecom has been in discussions with Hutch since December, in a move that could see SLT merge Hutch’s islandwide coverage and 3G infrastructure with their own national mobile service provider Mobitel, a move which would significantly expand its own network in a highly cluttered sector that currently has five service providers battling it out for market share dominance

See further details at http://www.ft.lk/2014/01/24/slt-dialling-hutch/

Guys
SLT has denied this storey in a filing to CSE today

http://cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/8641390549582_.pdf

SLT vehemently denying any negotiation to purchase hutch.

3FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Empty Re: FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:23 am

puliyanam

puliyanam
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
 lol! 
@Leon wrote:
@puliyanam wrote:■SLT denies interest, Hutch confirms negotiations
■Hutch’s island-wide 3G broadband coverage the icing on the cake
By David Ebert

Sri Lanka Telecom is reportedly negotiating a buyout of local mobile service provider Hutch for a reported but as yet unconfirmed price of $ 115 million dollars.
The offered price is higher than the $ 110 million that was supposedly offered by Etisalat for fellow mobile operator Airtel, in news that was reported recently and subsequently denied by both companies.
Sources told Daily FT that a high profile team from Sri Lanka Telecom has been in discussions with Hutch since December, in a move that could see SLT merge Hutch’s islandwide coverage and 3G infrastructure with their own national mobile service provider Mobitel, a move which would significantly expand its own network in a highly cluttered sector that currently has five service providers battling it out for market share dominance

See further details at http://www.ft.lk/2014/01/24/slt-dialling-hutch/

Guys
SLT has denied this storey in a filing to CSE today

http://cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/8641390549582_.pdf

SLT vehemently denying any negotiation to purchase hutch.


Well they say now it was not SLT that was negotiating but Mobitel.
http://cse.lk/cmt/uploadAnnounceFiles/1891390795696_390.pdf



Last edited by puliyanam on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To include the weblink)

4FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Empty Re: FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:33 am

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/2051390795608_.pdf

5FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Empty Re: FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:29 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Why couldn't they say Mobitel their subsidiary was in negotiations in the first place without this round about game to say Telecom was not involved.

These are corporates with educated people ( hopefully) releasing these message . What to say.

6FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Empty Re: FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:51 pm

puliyanam

puliyanam
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@puliyanam wrote: lol! 
@Leon wrote:
@puliyanam wrote:■SLT denies interest, Hutch confirms negotiations
■Hutch’s island-wide 3G broadband coverage the icing on the cake
By David Ebert

Sri Lanka Telecom is reportedly negotiating a buyout of local mobile service provider Hutch for a reported but as yet unconfirmed price of $ 115 million dollars.
The offered price is higher than the $ 110 million that was supposedly offered by Etisalat for fellow mobile operator Airtel, in news that was reported recently and subsequently denied by both companies.
Sources told Daily FT that a high profile team from Sri Lanka Telecom has been in discussions with Hutch since December, in a move that could see SLT merge Hutch’s islandwide coverage and 3G infrastructure with their own national mobile service provider Mobitel, a move which would significantly expand its own network in a highly cluttered sector that currently has five service providers battling it out for market share dominance

See further details at http://www.ft.lk/2014/01/24/slt-dialling-hutch/

Guys
SLT has denied this storey in a filing to CSE today

http://cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/8641390549582_.pdf

SLT vehemently denying any negotiation to purchase hutch.


Well they say now it was not SLT that was negotiating but Mobitel.
http://cse.lk/cmt/uploadAnnounceFiles/1891390795696_390.pdf

SLT closed at 40 today up almost 5% with LKR 28 M turnover.... Laughing 



7FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Empty Re: FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:50 pm

KDDND

KDDND
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Its good
do u expect more....
at this stage....
at this time....
??

8FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Empty Re: FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:11 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:Why couldn't they say  Mobitel their subsidiary  was in negotiations  in the first place  without this round about game to say Telecom was not involved.

These are corporates with educated people ( hopefully) releasing  these message . What to say.

There is a set called "educated fools" in SL as well as in some developed countries.. They do these kinda foolish games..

Speaking of which, we saw one in forum too.. Constantly have been blamin us coming to the forum once in a blue moon..  Rolling Eyes 

9FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Empty Re: FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:30 am

puliyanam

puliyanam
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
SLT says deal not finalised.
http://cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/5001392032330_.pdf

@KDDN, not sure. But from the day of my initial posting couple of weeks back it went up by 4/-. Not a bad return if you ask me..

10FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Empty Re: FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:02 am

puliyanam

puliyanam
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@puliyanam wrote:SLT says deal not finalised.
http://cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/5001392032330_.pdf

@KDDN, not sure. But from the day of my initial posting couple of weeks back it went up by 4/-. Not a bad return if you ask me..

SLT traded between 41-42.50

11FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Empty Re: FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:29 pm

Hanoifortune

Hanoifortune
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
price has been coming down since last year, Who ever buy will  have to hold the baby or dump with a loss .
last lowest closed price was 36.10 , but sudden spike since 2/5 is not healthy.

12FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Empty Re: FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:10 pm

puliyanam

puliyanam
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

@puliyanam wrote:SLT says deal not finalised.
http://cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/5001392032330_.pdf

@KDDN, not sure. But from the day of my initial posting couple of weeks back it went up by 4/-. Not a bad return if you ask me..

SLT traded between 41-42.50

Over 1 million shares traded today at 43.00 .......... Laughing

13FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Empty Re: FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:17 pm

puliyanam

puliyanam
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Low volume Evil or Very Mad but at 44.80  Laughing

14FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Empty Re: FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:14 pm

gamaya


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
FT as always doing their best to mislead.

If anyone would buy hutch, it would be etisalat, I think..

15FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Empty Re: FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:31 am

puliyanam

puliyanam
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Moved up to LKR 45.00 now, not bad volume either...

16FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Empty Re: FT 24.01.2014 SLT dialling Hutch? Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:27 am

puliyanam

puliyanam
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT) - the country's ICT giant announces that the company has partnered 15 international telecommunication operators representing 17 countries to build the South East Asia - Middle East - Western Europe 5 (SEA-ME-WE 5) state-of-the-art undersea cable system: a multi-regional superhighway spanning approximately 20,000 kilometres from Asia Pacific to Europe via Sri Lanka, SLT said in a press release.


The said group of telecom companies have formed a consortium to jointly pursue the building of this undersea cable system with state-of-the-art technology. The collaboration was made official when the consortium members Bangladesh Submarine Cable Company Limited (BSCCL), China Mobile International Limited (CMI), China Telecommunications Global Limited (CTG), China United Network Communications Group Company Limited (CU), Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company PJSC (du), Orange (formerly France Telecom FT), Myanmar Post and Telecom (MPT), PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia International (Telin), Saudi Telecom Company (STC), Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel), Sri Lanka Telecom PLC (SLT), Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM), Telecom Italia Sparkle (TIS), TOT Public Company Limited, Yemen International Telecommunications Co. (TeleYemen) - signed the Construction and Maintenance Agreement (C&MA) and the Supply Contract for SEA-ME-WE 5 cable system in Kuala Lumpur on 07th March 2014.


The SEA-ME-WE 5 submarine cable system, spanning approximately 20,000 km, will offer a POP to POP solution from Singapore, all the way to Europe via France and Italy. It connects 17 countries altogether, serving as the new platform for future business ICTs.



http://island.lk/index.php?page_cat=article-details&page=article-details&code_title=99426

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum