We would like to start a new Portfolio Game.
Challenge is to invest Rs 1mn in 5 best Stocks. No of Shares are irrelevant only amount invested need to be mentioned. Each Member is required to specify maximum of 5 Stocks and the respective Investment Amount before the Entry Date (Before 4th May 2011 - 24.00 hours)
A Company - Rs 100,000
B Company - Rs 400,000
C Company - Rs 200,000
D Company - Rs 200,000
E Company - Rs 100,000
Please use the below link to update your portfolio on the Multi User Google Document maintained by us. You may also make a duplicate entry by way of a Post in this Thread as a backup.
1) Maximum Aggregate invest value is Rs 1,000,000 (Rupees one Million)
2) Full Amount required to be invested.
3) Maximum No of Stocks will be 5 (five)
4) First Round Starts on 4th May 2011 and Ends on 31st May 2011.
5) Valuation is based on end of the day Share Price!
6) No brokerage Considered.
7) No Trading allowed.
8) No IPO's allowed, Capital issues and Dividends will be adjusted accordingly.
9) One Entry per Member.
10) Members participating in this challenge are required to calculate and submit the Total Capital Gains they have made at the end of the period. Moderators also will publish a separate worksheet which will provide the portfolio value of all participants.
11) Member who makes the highest gain or the lowest lost would be declared the Winner! of the Round.
12) There is a possibility of more rounds based on the success of the first round.
13) Ultimate Winner will be the 'Equity Star' of The Sri Lanka Equity Forum (This will replace the old competition that is based on No of Posts)
14) Members can display their 'Virtual Portfolio Value' in their respective profile at the end of each round
How to Calculate Your Capital Gain/Loss
% Gain/Loss per Share = (End Share Price - Start Share Price)/Start Share Price
Start Share Price = Closing Share Price on 4th May 2011
End Share Price = Closing Share Price on 31st May 2011
As per given method calculate gain or loss in respect of 5 shares you have selected.
Thereafter apply these percentages to your investment value to calculated your gain or loss in respect of each company and the total.
A Company - Rs 100,000 X Percentage Gain/Loss = Gain/Loss from Company A
B Company - Rs 400,000 X Percentage Gain/Loss = Gain/Loss from Company B
C Company - Rs 200,000 X Percentage Gain/Loss = Gain/Loss from Company C
D Company - Rs 200,000 X Percentage Gain/Loss = Gain/Loss from Company D
E Company - Rs 100,000 X Percentage Gain/Loss = Gain/Loss from Company E
Aggregate of all Gains would give you the Total Portfolio Gain for the Period + Any Adjustment Required.
* Adjustment would be in respect of dividends etc. will be resolved as an when issues raised by the members. All issues will be discussed and amicably resolved by the Moderators and Volunteers.
Last edited by Quibit on Fri May 06, 2011 2:31 am; edited 47 times in total (Reason for editing : We are updating the Rules as and when issues come up. Keep Reading.)