FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Trading Jockey Today at 7:26 am

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by judecroos Today at 6:44 am

» Growing Fear
by Bakkabwoi Yesterday at 10:00 pm

» ALUMEX PLC (ALUM.N0000)
by Bakkabwoi Yesterday at 8:24 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by SL-INVESTOR Yesterday at 7:40 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 6:54 pm

» First capital holdings CFVF.N0000
by invest thinker Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» The market is not out to “get” you but is just flowing along, and your position just happens to be carried along with it.
by dayandacool Yesterday at 4:49 pm

» විජේදාසගේ... voice cut ප්‍රතිඵල
by reyaz Yesterday at 4:15 pm

» What will happen tomorrow?
by reyaz Yesterday at 4:04 pm

» KGAL - THE SLEEPING GIANT
by THASSIM Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» ???? අප්‍රේල් 16 ???? මේ දින 3 කෙටි සතියත් කොළපාටින් අවසන් වුනා
by Wickyz Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:54 pm

» LDEV LDEV LDEV
by Eranga87 Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:27 am

» No trader can flee from making a mistake. It’s just that you need to be careful about not repeating your mistakes.
by Mithooshan Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:42 am

» SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC (PARQ.N0000)
by Chithi Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:45 pm

» ROYAL CERAMICS PLC (RCL.N0000)
by Jana Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:14 pm

» US dollar trading lower, euro near new high
by target1 Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:38 pm

» LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC (LDEV.N0000)
by Thushara Ayya Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:59 am

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by Eranga87 Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:12 pm

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by abey Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:07 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Portfolio Challenge: Round 1

Portfolio Challenge: Round 1

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 17]

81Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 10:13 am

Quibit


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
How to Calculate Your Capital Gain/Loss

% Gain/Loss per Share = (End Share Price - Start Share Price)/Start Share Price

Start Share Price = Share Price on 4th May 2011
End Share Price = Share Price on 31st May 2011

As per given method calculate gain or loss in respect of 5 shares you have selected.
Thereafter apply these percentages to your investment value to calculated your gain or loss in respect of each company and the total.

Example:

A Company - Investment X Percentage Gain/Loss = Gain/Loss from Company A
B Company - Investment X Percentage Gain/Loss = Gain/Loss from Company B
C Company - Investment X Percentage Gain/Loss = Gain/Loss from Company C
D Company - Investment X Percentage Gain/Loss = Gain/Loss from Company D
E Company - Investment X Percentage Gain/Loss = Gain/Loss from Company E

Aggregate of all Gains would give you the Total Portfolio Gain for the Period + Any Adjustment Required.

* Adjustment would be in respect of dividends etc. will be resolved as an when issues are raised by the members. All issues will be discussed and amicably resolved by the Moderators and Volunteers.

82Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 10:17 am

Gaja


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@Quibit wrote:How to Calculate Your Capital Gain/Loss

% Gain/Loss per Share = (End Share Price - Start Share Price)/Start Share Price

Start Share Price = Share Price on 4th May 2011
End Share Price = Share Price on 31st May 2011

As per given method calculate gain or loss in respect of 5 shares you have selected.
Thereafter apply these percentages to your investment value to calculated your gain or loss in respect of each company and the total.

Example:

A Company - Investment X Percentage Gain/Loss = Gain/Loss from Company A
B Company - Investment X Percentage Gain/Loss = Gain/Loss from Company B
C Company - Investment X Percentage Gain/Loss = Gain/Loss from Company C
D Company - Investment X Percentage Gain/Loss = Gain/Loss from Company D
E Company - Investment X Percentage Gain/Loss = Gain/Loss from Company E

Aggregate of all Gains would give you the Total Portfolio Gain for the Period + Any Adjustment Required.

* Adjustment would be in respect of dividends etc. will be resolved as an when issues are raised by the members. All issues will be discussed and amicably resolved by the Moderators and Volunteers.

What will happen if i disposed it, when i feel it achieve its maximum, and if the value come down on 31st may

83Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 10:23 am

Quibit


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Gaja wrote:
What will happen if i disposed it, when i feel it achieve its maximum, and if the value come down on 31st may

Thanks Gaja!
Trading not allowed. I just added this to the Rules. Please clarify issues if any so that we could formulate an acceptable set of Rules for future reference.

84Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 10:26 am

Stefan


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Interesting competition, here are my picks -

Gran - 500,000
RCL - 500,000

85Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 10:28 am

smallville


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@Gaja wrote:
@Quibit wrote:How to Calculate Your Capital Gain/Loss

% Gain/Loss per Share = (End Share Price - Start Share Price)/Start Share Price

Start Share Price = Share Price on 4th May 2011
End Share Price = Share Price on 31st May 2011

As per given method calculate gain or loss in respect of 5 shares you have selected.
Thereafter apply these percentages to your investment value to calculated your gain or loss in respect of each company and the total.

Example:

A Company - Investment X Percentage Gain/Loss = Gain/Loss from Company A
B Company - Investment X Percentage Gain/Loss = Gain/Loss from Company B
C Company - Investment X Percentage Gain/Loss = Gain/Loss from Company C
D Company - Investment X Percentage Gain/Loss = Gain/Loss from Company D
E Company - Investment X Percentage Gain/Loss = Gain/Loss from Company E

Aggregate of all Gains would give you the Total Portfolio Gain for the Period + Any Adjustment Required.

* Adjustment would be in respect of dividends etc. will be resolved as an when issues are raised by the members. All issues will be discussed and amicably resolved by the Moderators and Volunteers.

What will happen if i disposed it, when i feel it achieve its maximum, and if the value come down on 31st may

I have the same question.. I think most counters would go up by mid next week in anticipation of good results.. So what if we sell around 6-13 for a good gain???? I think 15th is the dead line for financials on main board companies (45 days from last Qtr)..

Given the scenarios that this competition starts on a market dip, theres a good possibility the counters would go up rapidly.. so keeping for one months would not be a wise move now Wink
So if someone sells in the middle and it further goes up, he lose the potential to get the max value.. but if his gain is more than the others by 31st, he should be the winner..

Quibi.. what do u think????

86Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 10:29 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@Quibit wrote:
@Gaja wrote:
What will happen if i disposed it, when i feel it achieve its maximum, and if the value come down on 31st may

Thanks Gaja!
Trading not allowed. I just added this to the Rules. Please clarify issues if any so that we could formulate an acceptable set of Rules for future reference.


Good point Gaja. Quibi, also it should be made clear that the end of the last day price matter or the highest price it reached within the period.

Example X share pirce now is Y
On may 20th X share price is Y + Rs 50
On May 31st X share price is Y+ 20.

According to current rules it appears that if a price of a share goes up in the middle and comes down on the last day it is just too bad. So a investor need some luck that it stays highest at the end of the Month to succeed ? This can get tricky.

87Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 10:50 am

wmdcf

wmdcf
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@banarahu wrote:
@StocksWatch wrote:Despite the recent set back, many seems to still believe in chicken sector cheers

I'm a vegetarian Very Happy

I'm also vegetarian, so away from chicken sector Smile

88Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 11:00 am

Quibit


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
We could allow entire portfolio value together with the gains made in round 1 to be reinvested in 5 new stocks when the next round begins in June? This will make the competition more interesting whilst allowing stock switching according to company results and market sentiments.

We could have 10 rounds to complete one season. All new seasons will commence on the Home Base with all participant having to start afresh with equal investment values.

We could also include a 'portfolio value' option in the member profile so that all members can display virtual portfolio value as per the competition in their profile.

What do you guys say?



Last edited by Quibit on Mon May 02, 2011 11:13 am; edited 2 times in total

89Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 11:07 am

StocksWatch


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
This is getting really excited now...Weldone Quibi...I hope the current rule that we can invest in 1 to 5 companies still applies. I changed my mind and put all my eggs in one basket Rolling Eyes



Last edited by StocksWatch on Mon May 02, 2011 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

90Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 11:36 am

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Quibit wrote:We could allow entire portfolio value together with the gains made in round 1 to be reinvested in 5 new stocks when the next round begins in June? This will make the competition more interesting whilst allowing stock switching according to company results and market sentiments.

We could have 10 rounds to complete one season. All new seasons will commence on the Home Base with all participant having to start afresh with equal investment values.

We could also include a 'portfolio value' option in the member profile so that all members can display virtual portfolio value as per the competition in their profile.

What do you guys say?
This is interesting. I was not intent to participate this competition. But now I changed my mind. Wink

91Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 11:52 am

avilon

avilon
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
TAFL -200,000/-
CFLB -200,000/-
LOLC -200,000/-
COCO.N -200,000/-
ARPI.N -200,000/-

92Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 12:09 pm

janakathush


Stock Trader
CFLB - 300,000/-
PEG - 200,000/-
SEMB15 - 300,000/-
KOTA - 200,000/-

93Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 12:45 pm

TuskerLK

TuskerLK
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
My picks are

PAP - 700,000
FLCH - 300,000

Less diversification, which means higher risk, hoping to end up with higher return as well
Very Happy

94Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 1:06 pm

SL.Market

SL.Market
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
KAPI =>200k
DPL =>300K
MULL =>100K
YORK =>200K
MADU =>200K



Last edited by SL.Market on Wed May 04, 2011 2:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

95Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 1:27 pm

Investor

Investor
Stock Trader
BFL - 435,000
KGAL - 200,000
GRAN - 150,000
RICH - 135,000
PCH - 80,000

96Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 1:33 pm

Backstage

Backstage
Moderator
Moderator
FLCH - 200,000
EBCR - 200,000
CINV - 200,000
CIT - 200,000
LFIN - 200,000



Last edited by Backstage on Wed May 04, 2011 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My allowed edit.)

97Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 1:44 pm

godswen

godswen
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
BTW are we allowed to invest in only one stock? Or in less than five counters?
If so I will have to change my virtual portfolio Wink

98Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 1:45 pm

StocksWatch


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@godswen wrote:BTW are we allowed to invest in only one stock? Or in less than five counters?
If so I will have to change my virtual portfolio Wink

It seems yes. I changed mine from 5 to 1.

99Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 2:06 pm

Aro


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
LCEY - 400k
LOLC - 200K
LFIN - 200K
PAP - 200K



Last edited by Aro on Mon May 02, 2011 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Re thinking of Portfolio)

100Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 2:16 pm

kumaramcr


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Mine are..........

NTB Rs.100,000
ECL Rs.200,000
VPEL Rs.300,000
MULL Rs.200,000
RHTL Rs.200,000

101Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 2:46 pm

CHASE

CHASE
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
I would do

CIC 250,000.00
NTB 250,000.00
CDB 250,000.00
UBC 250,000.00

Chears

102Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 3:17 pm

Quibit


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Can anyone of the volunteers/members undertake to compute a worksheet as per the format given below;

Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Portfo10





Last edited by Quibit on Mon May 02, 2011 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

103Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 3:27 pm

SL.Market

SL.Market
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Quibit wrote:Can anyone of the volunteers undertake to compute a worksheet as per the format given below;

Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Game10

Of Course....

After 4th I will update this and forward you...

104Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 3:33 pm

Quibit


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Hey SL.Market,

Thanks. your gesture is very much appreciated......
I will email you the format so that you could enter the data accordingly.
This computation would be very interesting as it will indicate the most favorite stocks.

Together we will publish this statement any day after the entry deadline of 4th May and followed by the final computation after 31st May 2011.

I am sure there will be few more members who would help us.

Qubi



Last edited by Quibit on Mon May 02, 2011 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

105Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 3:39 pm

FIRE123


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
pch-250000
cinv-250000
greg.n-200000
kota-100000
cflb-200000

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum