FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» WIND FORCE WIND
by stockchaser Today at 1:51 pm

» What will happen tomorrow?
by කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ2020 Today at 10:58 am

» Growing Fear
by Thushara Ayya Today at 10:56 am

» CHRISSWORLD THE IPO
by Eranx Today at 2:39 am

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Wickyz Yesterday at 10:15 pm

» Dipped Products, Haycarb well-positioned to benefit
by KingMaker2020 Yesterday at 9:40 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by vijay singh Yesterday at 8:13 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 6:56 pm

» B P P L HOLDINGS PLC (BPPL.N0000)
by Beta1 Yesterday at 4:22 pm

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Mr. X Yesterday at 3:44 pm

» ALUMEX PLC (ALUM.N0000)
by Bakkabwoi Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:24 pm

» First capital holdings CFVF.N0000
by invest thinker Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:25 pm

» The market is not out to “get” you but is just flowing along, and your position just happens to be carried along with it.
by dayandacool Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:49 pm

» විජේදාසගේ... voice cut ප්‍රතිඵල
by reyaz Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:15 pm

» KGAL - THE SLEEPING GIANT
by THASSIM Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:21 pm

» ???? අප්‍රේල් 16 ???? මේ දින 3 කෙටි සතියත් කොළපාටින් අවසන් වුනා
by Wickyz Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:54 pm

» LDEV LDEV LDEV
by Eranga87 Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:27 am

» No trader can flee from making a mistake. It’s just that you need to be careful about not repeating your mistakes.
by Mithooshan Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:42 am

» SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC (PARQ.N0000)
by Chithi Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:45 pm

» ROYAL CERAMICS PLC (RCL.N0000)
by Jana Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:14 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Next wave more strong.

Next wave more strong.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Next wave more strong. Empty Next wave more strong. Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:48 pm

nimantha80


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
I feel next wave will be more stronger,
Nice consolidation these days
will it begin from tomorrow.?

2Next wave more strong. Empty Re: Next wave more strong. Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:52 pm

Universalgoal


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
I think bear is ready take the batten

3Next wave more strong. Empty Re: Next wave more strong. Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:53 pm

NZ BOY

NZ BOY
Moderator
Moderator
i dont think market will come down further ..............

4Next wave more strong. Empty Re: Next wave more strong. Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:18 pm

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
pale pale 

5Next wave more strong. Empty Re: Next wave more strong. Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:27 pm

KDDND

KDDND
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
i think ena pota hoda nahe wage...
kella geta ganna wei wage... Cool 

6Next wave more strong. Empty Re: Next wave more strong. Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:30 pm

Intelligent Investing


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@nimantha80 wrote:I feel next wave will be more stronger,
Nice consolidation these days
will it begin from tomorrow.?

I agree - it should move from monday onwards in my opinion. tomorrow might be last chance to buy at cheap levels

7Next wave more strong. Empty Re: Next wave more strong. Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:50 pm

kalum


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
I'm still thinking 2014 as a whole will be in positive trend with hiccups. there for it doesn't matter ups and downs. but traders may needs to be cautious during this period. If you have realized return in hand, it will be time to collect the shares that you value if they comes to a price that you could comfortable to buy with risk and hold. same time if some of your counters reach to expected levels it will be beneficial to offload a portion. This is what i do in 2014. from 2012-2013 I was bullish to collect. from 2014 my approach will be very much swing. Anyway even in these conditions there are few shares that always trying to accumulate.

8Next wave more strong. Empty Re: Next wave more strong. Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:03 pm

dhanurrox


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
It could well be tomorrow.

9Next wave more strong. Empty Re: Next wave more strong. Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:56 pm

Intelligent Investing


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@dhanurrox wrote:It could well be tomorrow.

I agree - I think everyone should buy tomorrow - Monday on market will go up

10Next wave more strong. Empty Re: Next wave more strong. Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:02 pm

KDDND

KDDND
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Intelligent Investing wrote:
@dhanurrox wrote:It could well be tomorrow.

I agree - I think everyone should buy tomorrow - Monday on market will go up

Watch properly what exactly BIG FISH and their AGENTS are doing........!!
Otherwise wait for reports analyses the report properly and get into business

GL!

11Next wave more strong. Empty Re: Next wave more strong. Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:09 pm

viper123

viper123
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Bulls will dominate

12Next wave more strong. Empty Re: Next wave more strong. Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:38 am

dhanurrox


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Confidendce should be build and retailers should come in for more dumping.If red is pressed again big fish is in trouble.Green should appear.

13Next wave more strong. Empty Re: Next wave more strong. Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:40 am

yellow knife


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
where are the technical analysts... Last bear run there were many good technical analysts and I was really keen on the fibonaci charts... i prefer they re-appear with their technical analysis..

14Next wave more strong. Empty Re: Next wave more strong. Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:49 am

kalum


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
when studying today's selling pattern, i guess FLCH is a potential short term counter to watch around 2.1-2.0 levels. As per the last audit reports, nav 2 and earnings became positive in last quarter. not sure how is the statistics on dec31st, but it will give a reasonable dividend on 2014 1Q if the financials are ok. my sense that FLCH could give more than 12.5% return within 2-3 months. It's not a buy/sell recommendations, what i see combined with past experience. There is a fair space that my prediction may get wrong. Anyway we may need to study financials. Plus keep in mind that FLCH is some what speculative share.

15Next wave more strong. Empty Re: Next wave more strong. Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:24 pm

Jana1


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@kalum wrote:when studying today's selling pattern, i guess FLCH is a potential short term counter to watch around 2.1-2.0 levels. As per the last audit reports, nav 2 and earnings became positive in last quarter. not sure how is the statistics on dec31st, but it will give a reasonable dividend on 2014 1Q if the financials are ok. my sense that FLCH could give more than 12.5% return within 2-3 months. It's not a buy/sell recommendations, what i see combined with past experience. There is a fair space that my prediction may get wrong. Anyway we may need to study financials. Plus keep in mind that FLCH is some what speculative share.

Mate,
R u talking about FLCH? NAV-4.7 and its EPS 0.043; It is impossible to give at least 0.15 dividend. 0.15 dividend was given out of 0.38 annual earning. I am afraid its dividend would fairly in-line with Aug-2012 dividend of 0.05.

16Next wave more strong. Empty Re: Next wave more strong. Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:48 pm

kumarweerarathne

kumarweerarathne
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Jana1 wrote:
@kalum wrote:when studying today's selling pattern, i guess FLCH is a potential short term counter to watch around 2.1-2.0 levels. As per the last audit reports, nav 2 and earnings became positive in last quarter. not sure how is the statistics on dec31st, but it will give a reasonable dividend on 2014 1Q if the financials are ok. my sense that FLCH could give more than 12.5% return within 2-3 months. It's not a buy/sell recommendations, what i see combined with past experience. There is a fair space that my prediction may get wrong. Anyway we may need to study financials. Plus keep in mind that FLCH is some what speculative share.

Mate,
R u talking about FLCH? NAV-4.7 and its EPS 0.043; It is impossible to give at least 0.15 dividend. 0.15 dividend was given out of 0.38 annual earning. I am afraid its dividend would fairly in-line with Aug-2012 dividend of 0.05.

Depends on the rain as well , the current climate will persist & have a bad impact on their cultivations and hydro power projects , will come down below 2 for sure

17Next wave more strong. Empty Re: Next wave more strong. Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:49 pm

kalum


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Yup JANA, NAV actually around 2(unaudited as per sep 2013) , It's group nav is 4.7. yes, i dont expect massive dividend this time, but a reasonable one. 2.5% of invested money for 2-3 months make sense compare to current FD rates 8% per Annum. Anyway idea is not to take advantage with dividend. Shares like FLCH tend to increase by considerable amount time to time. previous time i was able to get advantage of dividend plus capital gain. my expectation is around 12.5% return within 3 months this time.


Yes kumar, it is highly depends. But this is the time it will get declined. That is the correct time to enter when share is a declined and potential to go up. im predicting it will be stable around 2, which means it can be go down a bit but will stabilized some where around 2.

Anyway this is an open discussion and not any influence to buy or sell..

18Next wave more strong. Empty Re: Next wave more strong. Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:06 pm

slrkman


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
It's going down now. Now it seems that, any wave will not long for a long as it happenned in 2010/11. Few times we have experienced some waves. Last time it didnt go above 6550. This time it turned at 6250. I sold my almost all last Friday. Hope to buy at the bottom. Pls share your thoughts.

19Next wave more strong. Empty Re: Next wave more strong. Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:11 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
ya next downturn wave would be fueled with UNHR ? ? ?

20Next wave more strong. Empty Re: Next wave more strong. Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:50 pm

Jana1


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@kalum wrote:Yup JANA, NAV actually around 2(unaudited as per sep 2013) , It's group nav is 4.7. yes, i dont expect massive dividend this time, but a reasonable one. 2.5% of invested money for 2-3 months make sense compare to current FD rates 8% per Annum. Anyway idea is not to take advantage with dividend. Shares like FLCH tend to increase by considerable amount time to time. previous time i was able to get advantage of dividend plus capital gain. my expectation is around 12.5% return within 3 months this time.


Yes kumar, it is highly depends. But this is the time it will get declined. That is the correct time to enter when share is a declined and potential to go up. im predicting it will be stable around 2, which means it can be go down a bit but will stabilized some where around 2.

Anyway this is an open discussion and not any influence to buy or sell..

Mate,

If u hold with expectation- yes believe what u think. If u suppose to buy, I am afraid u could look better shares than this. Say for example Lgl.x0000 would give more than 20% befr May, if u could grap shares at right time. Plantation counters are so reluctant shares that could go up at the end of bull run. For the valuation purpose better consider group earnings and group assets- I hope u have good knowledge..

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum