FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Equity Win Today at 2:17 pm

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Today at 7:42 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Yesterday at 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by blindhog Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:44 am

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

» KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000)
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:04 pm

» ARPICO INSURANCE PLC - Reports LKR 625mn loss for the FY2023
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:58 pm

» EXTERMINATORS PLC (EXT.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:59 am

» ALLIANCE FINANCE COMPANY PLC (ALLI.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:29 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:50 pm

» PINS (People's Insurance) will be another UAL
by sakuni Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:22 pm

» A New Record Price for One Tonne of Cocoa on the International Market
by ResearchMan Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:03 pm

» Access Engineering awarded two more contract packages at Colombo Port
by samansilva Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:05 pm

» FMCG Sector LMF, MEL and DIST
by buwr Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 am

» CEYLON GUARDIAN INVESTMENT TRUST PLC (GUAR)
by soileconomy Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:00 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

ASI CHART support level

+15
Jana1
traderathome
kalum
hariesha
KDDND
econ
worthiness
UKboy
mark
dhanurrox
D.G.Dayaratne
Jana
Slstock
Jiggysaurus
Rafi hilur
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1ASI CHART support level Empty ASI CHART support level Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:00 pm

Rafi hilur

Stock Trader

ASI CHART support level Asi212

The up trending channel line supports at 5850. (Red lines).
If falls below 5850 could come down to 5400 levels.

2ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:04 pm

Jiggysaurus

Jiggysaurus
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

4,800 is a reliable support level, you just need to draw the line horizontally on your chart.

3ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:17 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Welcome to the forum.  Your first post is something with effort ( not a 1 line comment) so we appreciate.

But  these Tehcnicals should be considered with other factors.  

If people just draw lines and panic not 5400 even 4800 is possible.

But is there a reason to panic and sell like this unless one is holding worthless shares.

If ASI fall to 5850 ( not to mention 5400), that means ASI will loose 4.5% . Mean this year return will be negative again.

So how much do you think COMB, DFCC, DIST , JKH and other shares will be ?

Do these shares  deserved another 10-20% drop is something we should ask. If ASI goes to 5400 how much do you think they will be . Will smart people wait that long without buying?

The main reason for this drop , is the index was dragged down for foreign sales of JKH , COMB etc. Also some retailer are taking profit from some shares that went up.

Other retailers  follow the trend to panic and sell  good  shares also. Some wise people  know what to do slowly.

After this Human right scare is over..... ( you fill in the blanks)

4ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:43 pm

Rafi hilur

Stock Trader

I mean the upper channel line is still bullish and in an uptrend. It may not fall below 6000. (Max 5850-5900)

200 MA also gives strong support at 6000

In case if ASI falls below the lower channel line, then we need to evaluate at that time. This is very unlikey

5ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:47 pm

Jana

Jana
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:

Then We need to wait until 28th MARCH to ride on the Bull... still more than 6 Weeks time...
Are you serious Slstock Downturn continue until End of MAR??? Shocked  Shocked  Shocked 

Ohhh My God I couldn't Imagine if the ASI Goes to 4800 then all craps can collect in Cts?? Shocked Shocked

6ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:50 pm

D.G.Dayaratne

After this Human right scare is over definitely you can see a upward trend

Human right scare is only a physiological problem

It will not be a real problem to the economy.

Even the resolution is passed .govt will be given a chance to correct

and face reality.

7ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:51 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Seriously Jana !!!! You have been here far too long to know better.

Must be for 100 time am saying this :

No market can/will stay red or green for long periods

Jana wrote:
slstock wrote:

Then We need to wait until 28th MARCH to ride on the Bull... still more than 6 Weeks time...
Are you serious Slstock Downturn continue until End of MAR??? Shocked  Shocked  Shocked 

Ohhh My God I couldn't Imagine if the ASI Goes to 4800 then all craps can collect in Cts?? Shocked Shocked

8ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:59 pm

Jana

Jana

slstock wrote:Seriously Jana !!!!  You have been here far too long to know better.

yes Slstock even in this point if I come out I am not effect that much .. But I couldn't imagine 4800 level..

anyhow good or bad I like to stay away from the market so I like to sell all within week...will see later.. at least I can safe my money which is deposit in mkt

9ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:11 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Sigh ..   we were kidding .

Market will NOT go to 4800 or 5400  Human right or not if CSE as an ounce of sense ( I am deducting the fact  there is no  major unexpected  happening beyond our control which can apply to any market ) .

I will be suprised even if ASI should fall to 6000
I expect market to turn around sooner than later ( at least short term)  when these foreign selling stops.

Foreigners are selling

DIAL at Rs 9 which they probably bought at Rs 6  
COMB at Rs 120  which they bought at Rs 100 or much lesser
JKH at Rs 230,  which they bought at Rs 175 or much lower.

Sri Lanka retailers are probably selling JKH after buying it at Rs 250 and selling now at Rs 230.  

Jana wrote:
slstock wrote:Seriously Jana !!!!  You have been here far too long to know better.

yes Slstock even in this point if I come out I am not effect that much .. But I couldn't imagine 4800 level..

anyhow good or bad I like to stay away from the market so I like to sell all within week...will see later.. at least I can safe my money which is deposit in mkt

10ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:07 pm

dhanurrox

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Now who sells foreigners sell in green?Today also outflow.There selling has made market red.

11ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:15 pm

Jana

Jana

slstock wrote:Sigh ..   we were kidding .

Market will NOT go to 4800 or 5400  Human right or not  if CSE as an ounce of sense ( I am deducting the fact  there is no  major unexpected  happening beyond our control which can apply to any market ) .

I will be suprised even if ASI should fall to 6000
I expect market to turn around sooner than later ( at least short term)  when these foreign selling stops.

Foreigners are selling

Sri Lanka retailers are probably selling JKH after buying it at Rs 250 and selling now at Rs 230.  

Thanks Slstock , you gave me some confidence .. I am totally confuse because of my credit.. all ways you point out me about crap , credit issues but still I trap by that..

12ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:23 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

wow 4800 Very Happy Very Happy

13ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:11 pm

UKboy

UKboy

WAIT. ( I meant if you are planning to buy anything as an investment)

14ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:34 pm

worthiness

Yes, scary events are going on round the clock in this country except the CSE screen so far. Technical analysis still displays the room for consolation. Direction given by last trading day of this week would be the turning point..I guess..

15ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:28 pm

econ

econ
Global Moderator

I think foreigners are selling for some reasons.  I wish I could exit the market early last week. but unfortunately I am having massive unrealized losses due to share holding since 2011. I was expected this bull run go at least 6500 and exit with marginal capital losses.. now it seems that that never gonna happened and need to hold my portfolio for long term again..

16ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:14 pm

D.G.Dayaratne

We all should try to change few individuals who mismanaged economy under this govt

Govt change is not possible under present circumstances

Some people mislead the govt

Stock market problem is directly connected with mismanagement and manipulation of stock market by govt authorities

Political authorities will realize this very soon

until such time pl hold fundamentally sound stocks

17ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:47 pm

KDDND

KDDND

econ wrote:I think foreigners are selling for some reasons.  I wish I could exit the market early last week. but unfortunately I am having massive unrealized losses due to share holding since 2011. I was expected this bull run go at least 6500 and exit with marginal capital losses.. now it seems that that never gonna happened and need to hold my portfolio for long term again..

I think many of us were in this stage....
me too expected 6500 this time......

it seem we had all to see that level except this MARCH drama....

by now, I believe...until MARCH drama finish no clear jump... except GOVERNMENT/ETF/EPF buy stocks... but yet they buy solid and strong counters... not all counters...

Seems like now it shaping to see the next JUMP.... just after DRAMA and next results....
until then some counters may JUMP, BUMP and FLY....
Buy happy to stay in POSITIVE...
BUT I never expect 5000, and even I don't expect 5400,
15% chance to touch 5600... even it touch it it may not stay one week that level....,
Thats how I feel.....!!!

GOOD TIME a head... ti nicely WAIT and CATCH the BEST COUNTERS! @BEST PRICE! for LONG TERM!

GL !  Arrow Arrow 

18ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:23 pm

hariesha

Did n't we had this drama in last year also. Market recovered at the end of first week of March. I think till end of this month will provide good buying opportunities.

19ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:16 am

kalum

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:Sigh ..   we were kidding .

Foreigners are selling

I definitely love this part Very Happy
If market keep some downward trend and JKH follow the trend or vice versa,
one strategy will be collecting JKH. which actually benefited me in past. (from post-right announcement dates of JKH.)
following blue chips is less risk. Butt here may be dozens of counters which may given more return.

20ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:50 am

traderathome

traderathome

Rafi hilur wrote:ASI CHART support level Asi212

The up trending channel line supports at 5850. (Red lines).
If falls below 5850 could come down to 5400 levels.
Thanks Rafi Smile

Had a look at ASI chart this morning on my screen.
Looks a short term down ward trend may rebound of 6080-6015 to wards 6400-6500 This is basically a 50% retracement of the last peak & keeping in line longterm harmonic pattern.
The previous HIGH of 6250 was broken last time, and surely the break of the RES was triggered in JAN 2014 will see through in my opinion go beyond 6500 Smile this year.
The down ward risk will come to play if ASI 6000 barrier is broken, until then BULLISH sentiments would not be affected.

Good luck
TAH

21ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:00 am

Rafi hilur

Stock Trader

Thanks

22ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:20 am

Jana1

This time I believe big fishes would effectively use march issue as a big collection point since most factors are favourable to the business. If mkt doesn't fall much better start collecting one week befr the issue. Mostly we all know the results of march decisions...Smile

23ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:34 am

D.G.Dayaratne

Jana1

You are 100% correct

Some people try to create trouble water to fish Essy.

24ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:40 am

LSE

LSE

Hi All,

ASPI in the support region. As slstock & TAH said No need to panic. I'm also with them and sooner than later we can see a turn around. Hope for the best. If it's fail to support will see what are the possibilities can happen in coming weeks . This index never touch 4800 again.

Rafi hilur welcome to the forum mate.  Very Happy 

Thank You.

25ASI CHART support level Empty Re: ASI CHART support level Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:09 pm

KDDND

KDDND

LSE!
In my guess.....
I believe ASI goes down 6000
It may settle some where 5850
Until MARCH drama over.......
Unless government give a self made push directly or indirectly.....

But I too waiting to see uptrend soon
LETS SEE Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum