FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jumping off the sinking (Glass) Ship ?

+9
smallville
puliyanam
Hanoifortune
pushpakumara
Redbulls
balapas
Aubrey Perera
malanp
Kithsiri
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

KDDND

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

smallville wrote:The above news in for India...

And if de-listing is the buzz word here, how much company will pay for share holders to buy back shares? It cant be less than 4 rite?

NAV. 3.67
I guess between 3.70 to 4.00
Y nt 4.20????
Let c
 monkey 

yaka

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

can someone explain me is it mandatory to delist here in SriLanka as well since delisting in india? coz what I think why they can't sell here and exit if they want...

pushpakumara

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

malanp wrote:
pushpakumara wrote:Whether Glass is delisted or not, curious to know whether anything call "delisting rules" as there are listing rules. If so where can we find it.

In case of a delisting what is the best cause of action for an existing share holder? Hold or sell your shares immediately?(By the time the company announces a delisting, share prices could have come down or people who knew about it before the event would have sold their stake). Of course a unrealistic reduction in price may lead to a take over bid.

After a delisting there could be a offer from company delisted, to buy shares from existing share holders. In this case who decides on the offer price? If it is determine by the company and the final offer price is unreasonable, can SEC or any other authority intervened?

This is just to get an idea in case something goes wrong.

Pushapakumara

Delisting of company shares is a wrong term, it is delisting of company name.

Delisting of company name from CSE is two step process.

First, the company has to buy its minority shares from the open market- the rules for this process is governed by the section 64 of the companies act 2007.

Secondly after buying all minority shares, the company has to apply from CSE for delisting of its name.  CSE or CDS does not delist individual shares they delist the company name.

the rights are obligations of minority shareholders are stipulated in the section 64.

Many thanks malanp for the useful information provided. As per the act company will determine the price based on the opinion of the company’s auditors on a " fair value". It further says company should not withhold any information which is detrimental to the decision of shareholders. whether to accept the offer or not. Presume I interpreted the meaning of the para in the section 64 correctly in relation to the matter.

Apart from the above, if a company wants its name be delisted, will it be based on sole discretion of board or should they seek majority vote of the shareholders? What I understood is, .its only sole discretion of the board, am I right?

Dileepa

pushpakumara wrote:
its only sole discretion of the board, am I right?
Generally Yes. But in this case they can not because BOI agreement is there.
Long story short, GLAS can not de-list till 2015.

Kithsiri

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

OK, that is clear now.
What would happened if shareholder does not agree to the offered price and wanted to hold on to his / her share/s ?
Dileepa wrote:
pushpakumara wrote:
its only sole discretion of the board, am I right?
Generally Yes. But in this case they can not because BOI agreement is there.
Long story short, GLAS can not de-list till 2015.

malanp

section 69 of the companies act says...

section 69.
(1) Where a share is redeemable on a specified
date —

a.the company shall redeem the share on that date;

b.the share is deemed to be cancelled on that date;
and
c.from that date, the former shareholder ranks as an
unsecured creditor of the company for the sum
payable on redemption.

only option shareholder has is taking a court order against the notice before the notice date expired.

After the notice date expired he deemed to have sold his shares to the company..

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

Thanks @ Malanp.  Very Happy 

pushpakumara

@ malanp and Dileepa

Hats off to both of you for the brief and admire the knowledge you have on the subject. Many thanks.

@ Kithsiri

Thanks to you as well Kithsiri for bringing up the topic.

Last edited by pushpakumara on Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Don;t know about chances of GLAS delisting here so soon as Dileepa pointing out.

But a very good ( common) discussion came out of it.

As Malanp pointed out, I believe company can make an offer ( to their discretion based on some formula which I am sure takes the market price and assets into consideation ) and if share holder does not accept before deadline that person can be held high and dry

Need to read further the document/act and maybe Marlanp can disclore the share price determining part.

Also my observations on GLAS below

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t32308p75-cse-in-2014-and-fundamental-shares-that-have-underperformed#193636

pushpakumara

slstock wrote:Don;t know about chances of GLAS delisting here so soon as Dileepa pointing out.

But a very good  ( common) discussion came out of it.  

As Malanp pointed out, I believe company can make an offer ( to their discretion based on some formula which I am sure takes the market price and assets into consideation )  and if share holder does not accept before deadline that person can be held high and dry

Need to read further  the document/act and maybe Marlanp can disclore the share price determining part.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t32308p75-cse-in-2014-and-fundamental-shares-that-have-underperformed#193636

With regard to price determining part, I presume there is no set or guided formula for this and it is on sole discretion of the management. If that is the case, I think it is a weakness in the system as company is always try to buy back at lower levels and not in favour of shareholders. Over to your malanp if you have time to enlighten us on the matter.

malanp

slstock wrote:Don;t know about chances of GLAS delisting here so soon as Dileepa pointing out.

As Malanp pointed out, I believe company can make an offer ( to their discretion based on some formula which I am sure takes the market price and assets into consideation )  and if share holder does not accept before deadline that person can be held high and dry

Need to read further  the document/act and maybe Marlanp can disclore the share price determining part.

Sls

There is no specific price formula mentioned in the law but the section 66 says how to arrive at the share price.

..." for a consideration that is SPECIDIED or TO BE CALCULATED BY REFERENECE TO A FORMULA or REQUIRED TO BE FIXED BY A SUITABLY QUALIFIED PERSON who is not associated with or interested in the company"

then section 64 says the procedure to be followed..
...."the consideration to be paid for the shares is in the opinion of the company’s auditors a fair value"

That means after deciding the share price under section 66, the auditors has to certify that it is a fair value.

After that the company can notice the public along with the auditors certificate that they are going to buy back shares at XXX price, on this date.. and after that date share holders will become creditors and company will pay the value to the shareholder.

In a share buying back case shareholders have very limited options.

Slstock

Slstock

Thank you for further clarifications which should make the points clear.

And yes of course, the company concerned should come up with the price/formula and a law cannot state such .

Maybe I was not clear when I said "to their discretion based on some formula which I am sure takes the market price and assets into consideation "

I would expect delisting companies to "more" than a fair price compared to market.

Anyway, logically GLAS should not be in such danger immediately.

There are few other companies that can get delisted : CDIC, CARDS group palm oil companies ( INDO, SHAL , GOOD etc ) and some family held companies who does not want to sell shares to public.

I am yet to see SFCL and ASPM trade though listed at CSE.

Also few other illquid companies serious delist or increase illquidly. SWAD , OFEQ comes to mind to start with.

malanp wrote:

Sls

There is no specific price formula mentioned in the law but the section 66 says how to arrive at the share price.

..." for a consideration that is SPECIDIED or TO BE CALCULATED BY REFERENECE TO A FORMULA or REQUIRED TO BE FIXED BY A SUITABLY QUALIFIED PERSON who is not associated with or interested in the company"

then section 64 says the procedure to be followed..
...."the consideration to be paid for the shares is in the opinion of the company’s auditors a fair value"

That means after deciding the share price under section 66, the auditors has to certify that it is a fair value.

After that the company can notice the public along with the auditors certificate that they are going to buy back shares at XXX price, on this date.. and after that date share holders will become creditors and company will pay the value to the shareholder.

In a share buying back case shareholders have very limited options.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum