FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by stockchaser Today at 10:31 am

» TESS Agro PLC
by Thushara Ayya Today at 4:55 am

» VPEL high return share
by Thushara Ayya Today at 4:48 am

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Eranga87 Today at 2:42 am

» Digital divide introduce new poor in Sri Lanka
by CHRONICLE™ Today at 1:12 am

» The COVID-19 impact on financial sector resilience
by CHRONICLE™ Today at 12:21 am

» Sri Lanka Development Update 2021 - World Bank Report
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 11:43 pm

» Sri Lanka gets emergency China loan as rupee hits record low
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 11:12 pm

» LOLC Share Price
by EGG Yesterday at 5:58 pm

» ELPL & WATA
by High-flyer Yesterday at 3:59 pm

» Import Restrictions and True State of Local Tile Manufacturers
by EquityChamp Yesterday at 3:47 pm

» B P P L HOLDINGS PLC (BPPL.N0000)
by vikiperera Yesterday at 2:13 pm

» BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC (BIL.N0000)
by stockchaser Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Eranga87 Yesterday at 12:28 pm

» Crypto , Digital Currency Trading , Forex
by Kevinmikegrit Yesterday at 11:10 am

» Day Traders must gradually start accumulating a well diversified portfolio of stocks which are cash generative. Stock market for beginners
by Asoka Samarakone Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:54 pm

» Is 12th a holiday CSE
by Vishwanarth Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:16 pm

» Kelani TYRES
by shan31 Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:37 pm

» VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000)
by shan31 Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:24 pm

» TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC
by shan31 Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:04 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Mistakes we have done @ CSE.

Mistakes we have done @ CSE.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:38 am

Leon


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Shall we share the mistakes we have done in CSE. Hopefully all will be benefited by sharing your experience.Please mention the mistake specifically.
To begin with, last Thursday I bought JKHW23 @ 67.00 on my buying power. The mistake I did was,I got in to W23 when it was coming down consistently. It never got going forward. As no one can exactly identify the bottom,it is advisable to purchase when the share is heading up. Actually this is for trading purpose.

2Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:07 am

jks


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
you cant touch bottom or top never don't worry about that.

3Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:42 am

KDDND

KDDND
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Leon wrote:Shall we share the mistakes we have done in CSE. Hopefully all will be benefited by sharing your experience.Please mention the mistake specifically.
To begin with, last Thursday I bought JKHW23 @ 67.00 on my buying power.  The mistake I did was,I got in to W23 when it was coming down consistently. It never got going forward. As no one can exactly identify the bottom,it is advisable to purchase when the share is heading up. Actually this is  for trading purpose.

I guess within next 3 weeks...
BIG FISH of JKH will probably decide the GAME....
However this might not be a turning point of ASI....
but it could limit or end the down fall.....of ASI

waiting with hope and preparation....!!!
But no plan to JUMP and GRAB.....!!!
Coz of Experiences of PAINs!

4Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:00 am

Rapaport

Rapaport
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Since there is so much foreign holding in JKH, it is more likely that future JKH crossings will occur either foreign to foreign or foreign to local!

You may want to listen to your brokers for a change and it is widespread knowledge amongst brokers that more foreign quantities of some shares are waiting to be offloaded...

Cheers!

5Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:09 pm

serene


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
To be honest with you I guess I able to minimise several mistakes by taking the advise of senior members of this forum which i probably might have done had not i follow the forum.... Specially the advise of SLSstock.Thanks and Cheers....

6Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:52 pm

Leon


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@serene wrote:To be honest with you I guess I able to minimise several mistakes by taking the advise of senior members of this forum which i probably might have done had not i follow the forum.... Specially the advise of SLSstock.Thanks and Cheers....

So elaborate on that mate. Then we all can learn something.

7Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:20 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
My biggest mistake is entering into CSE after i drop out from school.

8Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:24 pm

dhanurrox


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Recent mistake selling BLI which i had 17.5.Now 56 in one month.Damn.

9Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:46 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
@dhanurrox wrote:Recent mistake selling BLI which i had 17.5.Now 56 in one month.Damn.


@dhanu-- If not that merge thing, this would hit 13-14 now, this was abandoned by manipulators in past months and revive by new players due to merge rumor.

Unless this rumor shit, this was just another useless non performer.

10Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:53 pm

serene


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@Leon wrote:
@serene wrote:To be honest with you I guess I able to minimise several mistakes by taking the advise of senior members of this forum which i probably might have done had not i follow the forum.... Specially the advise of SLSstock.Thanks and Cheers....

So elaborate on that mate. Then we all can learn something.


Initially as a new comer i was chasing short term profits. My favorite counters were PAP, AAF, FLCH, CITK, CITW, BIL, CITK ,EXPO,HVA,LDEV,PCH, TESS but i got loss from the most of the mentioned counters.Now i don't have any of the above and now my PF consist of PLC, JKH, COMB, HNB, LIOC, WATA, SAMP and i only concern in buying and holding and i started invest 10% of my income ( Salary and Bonuses) in above counters.I'm happy to say that even i'm not so much concern about profit most of my counters are now @ profit. Thanks..

11Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:30 pm

ADP

ADP
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Friends this is what i have learnt so far and try to practice.

Buying on credit. I have made most of the my losses when I have got into a trade without the ability to hold. Even if you make a mistake with a trade you should be able to decide when to cut your losses without having your broker push you off a cliff. Unless you have a facility or agreement with your broker be very careful on how you play with credit.

Spend some time. Spend a lot of time before you make your decision to enter into a trade. It doesn’t matter if you trade in fundamentals or “crap” shares you should know as much as you can before you buy. Spend some time researching, the more you know about what you are getting into  will help your decision making down the line.

Don’t jump in with both feet and eyes closed. Just because someone tells you some fabulous news on some stock if you believe him on his word alone it wont be too long before you see your money wiped out. Remember in this game information is king and what is new news to you may have been hatched months or even years before it reaches you. At one time out of desperation I liquidated 2/3 of what I had to follow a sure shot deal from my broker. I almost got wiped out with that deal.
 
An exit strategy is as important as an entry strategy. How much money do you want to make from each trade and how much can you afford to lose, these are questions you should have firm answers to. this has helped me deal with the emotional seesaw of greed and fear.

Educate your self on the tools of the game. when you are starting out learn as much as you can about fundamental analysis ,charts, technical analysis . understated that demand and supply on a stock has a lot to do with where a stock will go. Demand can be created with rumor or performance and supply comes with who currently holds the stock( will they offload easily).A stocks path may not always be defined in these but at least you can get a glimpse of what the big boys are looking at.

Try to understand how things are interrelated. Stocks dont perform in isolation, there are many other factors to consider. whats the effect on foreign inflow/outflow, what is the effect on government policy to the economy, sector, company, what is the effect on interest rates, what are the business cycles.  

Have a strong enough reason(s) to enter into a trade, and don’t exit the trade unless the reason you got into the trade has changed or the entire landscape has changed .    

12Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:35 am

Leon


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@serene wrote:
@Leon wrote:
@serene wrote:To be honest with you I guess I able to minimise several mistakes by taking the advise of senior members of this forum which i probably might have done had not i follow the forum.... Specially the advise of SLSstock.Thanks and Cheers....

So elaborate on that mate. Then we all can learn something.


Initially as a new comer i was chasing short term profits. My favorite counters were PAP, AAF, FLCH, CITK, CITW, BIL, CITK ,EXPO,HVA,LDEV,PCH, TESS but i got loss from the most of the mentioned counters.Now i don't have any of the above and now my PF consist of PLC, JKH, COMB, HNB, LIOC, WATA, SAMP and i only concern in buying and holding and i started invest 10% of my income ( Salary and Bonuses) in above counters.I'm happy to say that even i'm not so much concern about profit most of my counters are now @ profit. Thanks..

Me too have some of the shares you have. Even though those shares dip in red, I don't feel much panic. But if you are on credit, it is scary.

13Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:28 am

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Still learning.
As long as succours like myself are in the market there will be manipulators

14Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:25 am

knockknobbler


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@mark wrote:
@dhanu-- If not that merge thing, this would hit 13-14 now, this was abandoned by manipulators in past months and revive by new players due to merge rumor.

Unless this rumor shit, this was just another useless non performer.

You have said it correctly.

I wish to add......., not only this, most of the star performers  people are talking praising in the Forum , are in that category.
This merger -hype was brought into the scene , by vested interests with specific purposes ,  and we will see in time , how large majority end up with useless share  in their hands , bought @ hyped manipulated  prices mentioned above.[/quote]

15Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:03 am

yellow knife


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
I started investing in 2006 and the only great mistake from my past was inability to decide when to sell/exit.

Timing is when superb factor to be the star player. Always my entry time was perfect. But my exit time of a share was not perfect.

The worst experience was selling of EAST during the market peak era. That what should have been my great mistake. Anyway from todays point of view it would have been many times better to dispose EAST at 29.50

16Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:28 am

serene


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@Leon wrote:
@serene wrote:
@Leon wrote:
@serene wrote:To be honest with you I guess I able to minimise several mistakes by taking the advise of senior members of this forum which i probably might have done had not i follow the forum.... Specially the advise of SLSstock.Thanks and Cheers....

So elaborate on that mate. Then we all can learn something.


Initially as a new comer i was chasing short term profits. My favorite counters were PAP, AAF, FLCH, CITK, CITW, BIL, CITK ,EXPO,HVA,LDEV,PCH, TESS but i got loss from the most of the mentioned counters.Now i don't have any of the above and now my PF consist of PLC, JKH, COMB, HNB, LIOC, WATA, SAMP and i only concern in buying and holding and i started invest 10% of my income ( Salary and Bonuses) in above counters.I'm happy to say that even i'm not so much concern about profit most of my counters are now @ profit. Thanks..

Me too have some of the shares you have. Even though those shares dip in red, I don't feel much panic. But if you are on credit, it is scary.


No leon. I'm Not at Credit.  Cheers.....

17Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:21 pm

seyon


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@yellow knife wrote:I started investing in 2006 and the only great mistake from my past was inability to decide when to sell/exit.

Timing is when superb factor to be the star player. Always my entry time was perfect. But my exit time of a share was not perfect.

The worst experience was selling of EAST during the market peak era. That what should have been my great mistake. Anyway from todays point of view it would have been many times better to dispose EAST at 29.50  

No one can decide the point of exit,  if the stock is in the bull trend, we ll continuously expect the price to go up that our mentality, we can't blame us also, that is nature of human-being. It was happened to me during 2010 & 2011 I collected LCEY 190 to 200, it starts to moving up, finally it went up to 480 or 460 ( I can't remember the peak price) I was very happy, and too greedy also... I thought it will move further, my broker also in same view. I was holding but it starts its down trend finally i sold it @ 350 ( i suppose). So these all in the game so don't take as mistake this good learning for us.

18Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:49 pm

Leon


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@seyon wrote:
@yellow knife wrote:I started investing in 2006 and the only great mistake from my past was inability to decide when to sell/exit.

Timing is when superb factor to be the star player. Always my entry time was perfect. But my exit time of a share was not perfect.

The worst experience was selling of EAST during the market peak era. That what should have been my great mistake. Anyway from todays point of view it would have been many times better to dispose EAST at 29.50  

No one can decide the point of exit,  if the stock is in the bull trend, we ll continuously expect the price to go up that our mentality, we can't blame us also, that is nature of human-being. It was happened to me during 2010 & 2011 I collected LCEY 190 to 200, it starts to moving up, finally it went up to 480 or 460 ( I can't remember the peak price) I was very happy, and too greedy also... I thought it will move further, my broker also in same view. I was holding but it starts its down trend finally i sold it @ 350 ( i suppose). So these all in the game so don't take as mistake this good learning for us.
Still you are fine no. I have some HNB avg around112.00. It went to 127.00 last week or so. I didn't dispose hoping for the dividend. Will see I also make the same mistake?

19Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:27 pm

Jana1


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@ADP wrote:Friends this is what i have learnt so far and try to practice.

Buying on credit. I have made most of the my losses when I have got into a trade without the ability to hold. Even if you make a mistake with a trade you should be able to decide when to cut your losses without having your broker push you off a cliff. Unless you have a facility or agreement with your broker be very careful on how you play with credit.

Spend some time. Spend a lot of time before you make your decision to enter into a trade. It doesn’t matter if you trade in fundamentals or “crap” shares you should know as much as you can before you buy. Spend some time researching, the more you know about what you are getting into  will help your decision making down the line.

Don’t jump in with both feet and eyes closed. Just because someone tells you some fabulous news on some stock if you believe him on his word alone it wont be too long before you see your money wiped out. Remember in this game information is king and what is new news to you may have been hatched months or even years before it reaches you. At one time out of desperation I liquidated 2/3 of what I had to follow a sure shot deal from my broker. I almost got wiped out with that deal.
 
An exit strategy is as important as an entry strategy. How much money do you want to make from each trade and how much can you afford to lose, these are questions you should have firm answers to. this has helped me deal with the emotional seesaw of greed and fear.

Educate your self on the tools of the game. when you are starting out learn as much as you can about fundamental analysis ,charts, technical analysis . understated that demand and supply on a stock has a lot to do with where a stock will go. Demand can be created with rumor or performance and supply comes with who currently holds the stock( will they offload easily).A stocks path may not always be defined in these but at least you can get a glimpse of what the big boys are looking at.

Try to understand how things are interrelated. Stocks dont perform in isolation, there are many other factors to consider. whats the effect on foreign inflow/outflow, what is the effect on government policy to the economy, sector, company, what is the effect on interest rates, what are the business cycles.  

Have a strong enough reason(s) to enter into a trade, and don’t exit the trade unless the reason you got into the trade has changed or the entire landscape has changed .    
Good one mate...

20Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:07 pm

ADP

ADP
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Jana1 wrote:
@ADP wrote:Friends this is what i have learnt so far and try to practice.

Buying on credit. I have made most of the my losses when I have got into a trade without the ability to hold. Even if you make a mistake with a trade you should be able to decide when to cut your losses without having your broker push you off a cliff. Unless you have a facility or agreement with your broker be very careful on how you play with credit.

Spend some time. Spend a lot of time before you make your decision to enter into a trade. It doesn’t matter if you trade in fundamentals or “crap” shares you should know as much as you can before you buy. Spend some time researching, the more you know about what you are getting into  will help your decision making down the line.

Don’t jump in with both feet and eyes closed. Just because someone tells you some fabulous news on some stock if you believe him on his word alone it wont be too long before you see your money wiped out. Remember in this game information is king and what is new news to you may have been hatched months or even years before it reaches you. At one time out of desperation I liquidated 2/3 of what I had to follow a sure shot deal from my broker. I almost got wiped out with that deal.
 
An exit strategy is as important as an entry strategy. How much money do you want to make from each trade and how much can you afford to lose, these are questions you should have firm answers to. this has helped me deal with the emotional seesaw of greed and fear.

Educate your self on the tools of the game. when you are starting out learn as much as you can about fundamental analysis ,charts, technical analysis . understated that demand and supply on a stock has a lot to do with where a stock will go. Demand can be created with rumor or performance and supply comes with who currently holds the stock( will they offload easily).A stocks path may not always be defined in these but at least you can get a glimpse of what the big boys are looking at.

Try to understand how things are interrelated. Stocks dont perform in isolation, there are many other factors to consider. whats the effect on foreign inflow/outflow, what is the effect on government policy to the economy, sector, company, what is the effect on interest rates, what are the business cycles.  

Have a strong enough reason(s) to enter into a trade, and don’t exit the trade unless the reason you got into the trade has changed or the entire landscape has changed .    
Good one mate...

Thanks Jana Smile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum