FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by ADVENTUS Today at 1:11 pm

» Peoples leasing technically positive Target Price Rs 20
by Eranx Today at 11:30 am

» PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC
by Eranx Today at 11:29 am

» Ban of chemical fertilizers is a great news
by celtic tiger Today at 2:47 am

» "MFL" DEAL to 12 RS (multi finance plc)
by Bakka1988 Yesterday at 11:22 pm

» FUTURE of BROWNS INVESTMENT PLC (BIL)
by ONTHEMONEY Yesterday at 11:21 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Promoney Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» What happens in the market is absolutely 100% out of your control. Stock market for beginners
by Asoka Samarakone Yesterday at 9:45 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 8:24 pm

» Synergies of possible merger between Sampath Bank and PABC
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 5:42 pm

» Japanese money laundering via PABC Bank raise CB eye brows
by Sstar Yesterday at 3:29 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING ( AEL.N )
by ADVENTUS Yesterday at 1:50 pm

» Prime Lands Residencies Limited (PLR)
by Nandun Yesterday at 10:42 am

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by Captain Wed May 05, 2021 11:51 pm

» Growing Fear
by Wickyz Wed May 05, 2021 8:15 pm

» CONGRATULATIONS TO FINANCIAL CHRONICLE ON THIS 11TH YEAR
by CHRONICLE™ Wed May 05, 2021 3:31 pm

» HNB to merge with Seylan Bank?
by reyaz Wed May 05, 2021 11:37 am

» There are howmany funds in Sri Lanka?
by reyaz Tue May 04, 2021 4:52 pm

» Positive for BIL
by samaritan Tue May 04, 2021 3:33 pm

» The Introduction of COVID 19 Vaccine and CSE
by Mr. X Tue May 04, 2021 1:22 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Balanced Opinions/Views from Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Balanced Opinions/Views from Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

jonta999


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
This Guy does not Sleep  Suspect 

prasadrmb


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
It seems that the forum is going to be no where in future.
Many collisions can observe.
Why
How
Who create this situation.

forum went smoothly with the help of our senior member like sls, smallvill, redbulls, etc.

People who work voluntarily to bring this forum up to this level, should have given at least minimum respect that they own it.

Person/people who brought this situation should correct it early as possible.

G


Stock Trader
GMNet wrote:
@Canterbury wrote:
@ADP wrote:
@Jiggysaurus wrote:So now Chinwi's banned as well? Looks like a total massacre of the "old" bulls.

Total Victory???

Total isolation.

I follow this forum since 2011 and leant a lot from these senior members who are doing a great service here.
But unfortunately  the  little time that I’m writing this we lost two of them which I greatly admired.
I’m sorry to say that new GM Net ,you are destroying every things what they did last three years.

Chinwi is banned for using filth in the Forum. Would you tolerate filth in the forum? Everybody is equal before law.


Dear GMNet,
I have been a silent (and lazy) member (actually a reader) in this forum.
I'm sure there are thousands like me (well you are the tech expert, so you would know better than me).

I think it's the time you should take a moment and think what made readers like us visit this wonderful site daily.
Hint: I'm very much sure it wasn't coz of u  Very Happy 

Anyway, I have only one question about your above comment - "Everybody is equal before law"
Yes I agree. But does that imply you are the law?

 Very Happy 



serene


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Im still new to the market and not involve in expressing my self as I deem that im not conversant enough to deal with forum members. But evertime im surfing I never forget to visit this forum. I always felt like this meant to us and I respect all the seniors. I never felt this is controlled by someone.now these developments are really pathetic and now the feeling is like im in a someones forum and has e very heavy feeling.pls pls dont ruine this forum for sake of the honest forum members.thanks..

mark


Expert
Expert
come on man, you got the inside info ne, so below quote dnt match to you .

" If we knew, we wouldn't be sitting
behind a a computer, we would rather be
holidaying in Bahamas in Yacht with lots of
Champaign."

just ask from marketsira, sandstorm or avinash. Smile


anyway i should thanks to quibi for giving me info abt PALM and CDIC in few years back Smile <3

KDDND

KDDND
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
GMnet!

It very easy to be a RULER....
But vey hard to be a LEADER..... With humanity, caring, parenting, teaching, guiding, protecting, showing......
From today in days....which v can count.... 
You probably may realize.... 
How much you are matured
How much more you to be so.....

When something happened to you by another in days to come... You may probably realize it much better....
I have no negative feeling on you....
But there seems that are MORE to be seen, heard, think and understand.....
Let's get MATURED.....

I have no PAIN on people who you kicked out..
I am very much confident and respected them...

But on you.....???

GL GMnet,

godswen

godswen
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
I'm just posting to see my reputation points! Very Happy



Last edited by godswen on Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total

rdk2874


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
GMNet wrote:Sri Lanka Equity Forum would thrive to provide balanced opinion with regard to the market situation and condition. No moderator or administrator will try to predict the direction of the market or try to persuade other investors to invest based on his or her opinion of the market. Sri Lanka Equity Forum will tolerate both negative and positive opinions of our members with equal merit and respect.

P.S: Market sentiment is a collection of positive and negative sentiments of everyone, it is not just biased, fabricated or ones preconceived opinion. Therefore as a forum we should give prominence to both negative and positive posts. That is the only way that we could give balance opinion to the members. If someone try only to create positive opinions by shooting down all negative posts in the forum, then he/she could be misleading the membership with his or her own pre conceived opinion. None of us know the direction of the market. If we knew, we wouldn't be sitting behind a a computer, we would rather be holidaying in Bahamas in Yacht with lots of Champaign.

does this apply to shares also? it should

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
@jonta999 wrote:This Guy does not Sleep  Suspect 
One can sleep peacefully only if his intentions are good & sound.

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
GMNet wrote:
@Chinwi wrote:I opened a thread about sls.
It was gone.
Now someone just mentioned about it here.
Some son of a bitch has removed it too.

You are banned for using filth in the forum.
We used to warn members when using abusive language under certain circumstances in order to give them sufficient space to correct themself. You have given him capital punishment at once! Oh my God, save the forum from this man.

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
My PM facility suspended by some one. ?By the crusader of balanced views to conduct a "fair" election. May be.

God save the forum.

Fresher


Moderator
Moderator
@K.Haputantri wrote:My PM facility suspended by some one. ?By the crusader of balanced views to conduct a "fair" election. May be.

God save the forum.

same here then. hahaha

KDDND

KDDND
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Seems like....
Balanced Opinions..... Paththakata barai.....wageda?
Balanced views.... eka paththai penne....wageda?
 Laughing 

fairinvestor


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
I have been watching this forum and learning from it as a guest for many years. I feel something is not right now so I thought I'd register and comment.

I would like to see this a better place too but I have some concerns now.

Hope you will allow my balanced opinion.


We including GMNet/management have to agree, several people with Slstock and admins/co-admin and mods helped a lot of people and made this forum to grow to this stage . They gave lot of knowledge for free. Your company also benefited from it directly. They did do a lot of social service . Right? Agree if you are fair?


But suddenly I saw GMnet appear and as he says doing a clean up job now to get rid of mafia. Do you think slstock, chinwi , sri ranga , smallville is mafia?

There was mafia at the forum time to time. But you call the people who helped mafia now?

Now where is the forum heading I am not sure.

When I look at all this rationally, after reading and seeing what is going on in the forum nowadays below direct questions come to mind.

Hope you GMNet or management will answer my questions as this is balanced forum now as you say. I mean no insult to you.

1) Have you GMNEt yourself broken any of the rules you trying to enforce ?
( being really balanced , banning members , deleting posts, not allowing opinion etc ? )

2) Why are there no interesting posts now. Whatever said , I learn lot from some good people here. I need to respect that.


3) Is this election democratic as you say. I see a person named Valuepick who joined week ago running for election !

4) After you do your clean up job and elect a president hopefully democratically who has knowledge and is fair, will you leave the forum and let that person have full powers to run the forum with his team?


I hope I will get direct answers as GMnet says he want the forum in a new direction and new era and be balanced.

thansk

Jeremy

Jeremy
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Fresher wrote:
@K.Haputantri wrote:My PM facility suspended by some one. ?By the crusader of balanced views to conduct a "fair" election. May be.

God save the forum.

same here then. hahaha

PM Facility was suspended because some members together with Smallville tried to use the forum PM system to create unrest in the forum and to promote other forums. Forum PM system will be re activated soon.

Jiggysaurus

Jiggysaurus
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@fairinvestor wrote: 


I hope I will get direct answers as GMnet says he want the forum in a new direction and new era and be balanced.

thansk

Wait a couple of days, negative smallville will upload a chart and that will answer all your questions.

How the balanced forum?

Jeremy

Jeremy
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Expectation from the moderator is to moderate a conversation.

Moderators need not give expert advise to members. When some experts become moderators, they try use their powers to persuade other members to think like them or to suppress opposite thinking.

Some previous Moderators/Administrators genuinely wanted to help the members, but unfortunately rather unconsciously they were forcing their opinion on other members. This needed to be changed for the betterment of the forum and the safety of the investors.

I have been sent here to do the cleaning job! Therefore I am the bad guy. I have the discretion to appoint moderators provided that they genuinely want to help the forum. Not like the way some of the senior members have behaved recently. Number of posts in the forum is not a qualification to be a moderator in this forum

@fairinvestor wrote:I have been watching this forum and learning from it as a guest for many years. I feel  something is not right now so I thought I'd register and comment.
 
I  would like to see this a better place  too but I have some concerns now.

Hope you will allow my balanced opinion.


We including  GMNet/management have to agree, several people  with  Slstock and admins/co-admin and mods  helped a lot of people and made this forum to grow to this stage .  They gave lot of knowledge for free. Your company also benefited from it directly.   They did do a lot of social service .  Right?    Agree if you are fair?


But suddenly I saw GMnet  appear and as he says  doing a clean up job now to get rid of mafia.   Do you think slstock, chinwi , sri ranga , smallville  is mafia?

There was mafia at the forum time to time.  But you call the  people who helped mafia now?

Now where is the forum heading  I am not sure.

When I look at all this rationally,   after reading and seeing what is going on in  the forum nowadays   below direct questions come to mind.

Hope you GMNet   or management will answer my questions as this is balanced forum now as you say.  I mean no insult to you.

1)  Have you  GMNEt yourself   broken  any of the rules you trying to enforce ?  
    ( being really balanced , banning members  , deleting posts,  not allowing opinion etc ?  )

2) Why are there no interesting posts now. Whatever said , I learn   lot from some good people here. I need to respect that.


3) Is this election democratic as you say.  I see a person named Valuepick who joined week ago running for election !

4)  After you do your clean up job and elect a president  hopefully democratically who has knowledge and is fair, will you leave the forum and let that person have full powers to run the forum with his team?  


I hope I will get direct answers as GMnet says he want the forum in a new direction and new era and be balanced.

thansk

Lalindra

Lalindra
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
This forum is going through a transition and it is important to give prominence to both positive and negative comments about the forum. By shooting down any negative comments and highlighting only the positive ones you are not promoting a balanced view and is detrimental to the well-being of the forum itself.

fairinvestor


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Question asker were completely different. Can you reply directly to each please.

Thanks.


GMNet wrote:Expectation from the moderator is to moderate a conversation.

Moderators need not give expert advise to members. When some experts become moderators, they try use their powers to persuade other members to think like them or to suppress opposite thinking.

Some previous Moderators/Administrators genuinely wanted to help the members, but unfortunately rather unconsciously they were forcing their opinion on other members. This needed to be changed for the betterment of the forum and the safety of the investors.

I have been sent here to do the cleaning job! Therefore I am the bad guy. I have the discretion to appoint moderators provided that they genuinely want to help the forum. Not like the way some of the senior members have behaved recently. Number of posts in the forum is not a qualification to be a moderator in this forum

@fairinvestor wrote:I have been watching this forum and learning from it as a guest for many years. I feel  something is not right now so I thought I'd register and comment.
 
I  would like to see this a better place  too but I have some concerns now.

Hope you will allow my balanced opinion.


We including  GMNet/management have to agree, several people  with  Slstock and admins/co-admin and mods  helped a lot of people and made this forum to grow to this stage .  They gave lot of knowledge for free. Your company also benefited from it directly.   They did do a lot of social service .  Right?    Agree if you are fair?


But suddenly I saw GMnet  appear and as he says  doing a clean up job now to get rid of mafia.   Do you think slstock, chinwi , sri ranga , smallville  is mafia?

There was mafia at the forum time to time.  But you call the  people who helped mafia now?

Now where is the forum heading  I am not sure.

When I look at all this rationally,   after reading and seeing what is going on in  the forum nowadays   below direct questions come to mind.

Hope you GMNet   or management will answer my questions as this is balanced forum now as you say.  I mean no insult to you.

1)  Have you  GMNEt yourself   broken  any of the rules you trying to enforce ?  
    ( being really balanced , banning members  , deleting posts,  not allowing opinion etc ?  )

2) Why are there no interesting posts now. Whatever said , I learn   lot from some good people here. I need to respect that.


3) Is this election democratic as you say.  I see a person named Valuepick who joined week ago running for election !

4)  After you do your clean up job and elect a president  hopefully democratically who has knowledge and is fair, will you leave the forum and let that person have full powers to run the forum with his team?  


I hope I will get direct answers as GMnet says he want the forum in a new direction and new era and be balanced.

thansk

Jeremy

Jeremy
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
1)  Have you  GMNEt yourself   broken  any of the rules you trying to enforce ?  
   ( being really balanced , banning members  , deleting posts,  not allowing opinion etc ?  )

All action taken is for the best interest of the forum and the investment community.


2) Why are there no interesting posts now. Whatever said , I learn   lot from some good people here. I need to respect that.

Forum evolved over the years and even the so called expert learnt from the previous members of the forum. It is the responsibility of the senior members to create succession for leadership. This has not happened over the years. New generation is the future. We must all understand that. Otherwise what had happen to Green Party in Sri Lanka will also happen to this forum. We must encourage new members, new thinking. Allow them to be moderators and take responsibility. Moderators or administrators should not complain that they have wasted so much of their valuable time in this forum and ask for monetary rewards. If they are busy, they should not take up this responsibility. Previous Administrators may be stock market experts, but they have failed in their forum duties.

3) Is this election democratic as you say.  I see a person named Valuepick who joined week ago running for election !

Number of posts by a member is not criteria for the selection of the President or Moderatorship.


4)  After you do your clean up job and elect a president  hopefully democratically who has knowledge and is fair, will you leave the forum and let that person have full powers to run the forum with his team?  

Yes, Most certainly. Provided that the elected person does not try to harm the forum or its community.

fairinvestor


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
It good you answered so we know your opinion.  Thanks.

But let go further so we all can get a fair  picture  as this is balanced forum now as you say.


1)  Have you  GMNEt yourself   broken  any of the rules you trying to enforce ?  
   ( being really balanced , banning members  , deleting posts,  not allowing opinion etc ?  )

GMNet wrote:
 All action taken is for the best interest of the forum and the investment community.

Question :  Does this  mean you have banned members , deleted their posts, and not allowed other opinions ? So some concerns of people senior/junior are correct?


2) Why are there no interesting posts now. Whatever said , I learn   lot from some good people here. I need to respect that.

GMNet wrote:
Forum evolved over the years and even the so called expert learnt from the previous members of the forum. It is the responsibility of the senior members to create succession for leadership. This has not happened over the years. New generation is the future. We must all understand that. Otherwise what had happen to Green Party in Sri Lanka will also happen to this forum. We must encourage new members, new thinking. Allow them to be moderators and take responsibility. Moderators or administrators should not complain that they have wasted so much of their valuable time in this forum and ask for monetary rewards. If they are busy, they should not take up this responsibility. Previous Administrators may be stock market experts, but they have failed in their forum duties.

Okay I see your opinion.  

But to allow other options and be balance as you say I see another side..  ( I was here for long time as viewer. )

I presume this  is a vision of yours and the management right?  Not a mandate of the public opinion.  

As it goes  it is clear the majority of the forum  also thought SLS and other senior members did a good job with moderation also.

Maybe there was issues like you wanted to change now  but they  could have been solved nicely.
Do you think it is the right way to  treat the  people who did service for free and made the forum grow to this level ?
You have to admit some of them had lot of experience and did not need learn from other per say.


Maybe that why they left the forum. Don't you think?



3) Is this election democratic as you say.  I see a person named Valuepick who joined week ago running for election !

GMNet wrote:

Number of posts by a member is not criteria for the selection of the President or Moderatorship.


Okay what is your clear  criteria to elect a President and Moderator? I thought public can choose the President and president can pick his team ( as you said in another post)





4)  After you do your clean up job and elect a president  hopefully democratically who has knowledge and is fair, will you leave the forum and let that person have full powers to run the forum with his team?  

GMNet wrote:
Yes, Most certainly. Provided that the elected person does not try to harm the forum or its community.

Mean you can come back later right ?

Light of Hope


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
GMNet wrote:

Forum evolved over the years and even the so called expert learnt from the previous members of the forum. It is the responsibility of the senior members to create succession for leadership. This has not happened over the years. New generation is the future. We must all understand that. Otherwise what had happen to Green Party in Sri Lanka will also happen to this forum. We must encourage new members, new thinking. Allow them to be moderators and take responsibility. Moderators or administrators should not complain that they have wasted so much of their valuable time in this forum and ask for monetary rewards. If they are busy, they should not take up this responsibility. Previous Administrators may be stock market experts, but they have failed in their forum duties.


Who says previous admins whine for monitory benefits. You and your bosses failed to understand their commitments and values they brought to forum and chased them away since you wanted to change it.
You guys are so blinded. Have anyone from your company appreciated their efforts?

Can you name a person whose not busy? Bring in some beggers in the street and ask them to moderate then LOL

These guys never failed in their forum duties. Only you and your master wanted to change them. So Ur the one who wanted powers..  tongue 

CSE.SAS

CSE.SAS
Global Moderator
@Light of Hope wrote:
GMNet wrote:

Forum evolved over the years and even the so called expert learnt from the previous members of the forum. It is the responsibility of the senior members to create succession for leadership. This has not happened over the years. New generation is the future. We must all understand that. Otherwise what had happen to Green Party in Sri Lanka will also happen to this forum. We must encourage new members, new thinking. Allow them to be moderators and take responsibility. Moderators or administrators should not complain that they have wasted so much of their valuable time in this forum and ask for monetary rewards. If they are busy, they should not take up this responsibility. Previous Administrators may be stock market experts, but they have failed in their forum duties.


Who says previous admins whine for monitory benefits. You and your bosses failed to understand their commitments and values they brought to forum and chased them away since you wanted to change it.
You guys are so blinded. Have anyone from your company appreciated their efforts?

Can you name a person whose not busy? Bring in some beggers in the street and ask them to moderate then LOL

These guys never failed in their forum duties. Only you and your master wanted to change them. So Ur the one who wanted powers..  tongue 

Well said Bro Razz

Jeremy

Jeremy
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@fairinvestor wrote:
GMNet wrote:
Yes, Most certainly. Provided that the elected person does not try to harm the forum or its community.

Mean you can come back later right ?

No I have no intent to get involved in the forum management. This Forum was started by Quibit and there were many members who contributed tremendously to uplift the standard of the Forum. These guys were not power hungry, they never complained. They only wanted to help the members. I would not forget the contribution given by Slstock. He was a great guy.

But unfortunately some moderators/admins, were power hungry. When they were questioned by the management, there didn't wanted to accept their mistakes, instead they want to go and start a new forum. Why! Because they are here not to do any good for you and me. They are here to make money for themselves. They cannot do any kind of manipulation in this forum anymore, therefore now they need to go and start a new forum. Find some innocent victims!! Make money at your expense! at your loss and pain!

fairinvestor


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
GMNet ,

I am taking this effort to write in length as I was here for a long time as a guest.

I am trying my best to understand what your views are and be balanced. Help me here also please.




But sorry I cannot agree with what you said below. Come on now, we need to be decent human beings .

Telling Moderators/Admins made money for themselves , after spending several years as social service is not done . That is not being grateful . You know it. I know it.

I am sure you are a paid employee and as you said you are here to do a job for 1 or 2 months.
But others did social service here for many years and helped your company to build this forum for free.

Now , if you or your management don;t like them , or want the forum to take new direction ( for whatever your reason is ) and do not want previous guys to be Admins and moderators , is it fine. But it had to be done decently.

As I said before the issues you are trying to highlight could have been solved nicely right? Why are almost all of them gone? Do you think it is the right way to treat the people who did service for free . You have to admit some of them had lot of experience and did not need learn from other per say.

Maybe you have not realized but it could be one reason why they left the forum. Don't you think?


Attacking them, undermining their work is simply not done in all human ethics. I too learnt from some of them.

I really want to believe as others claim , you did not banned seniors , stopped free speech , deleted their posts , or took their account ID to psot.

Did you do that? If so that is not fair or balanced .


Also in democratic environment you will realize, anybody has the freedom to be here or start a forum or many forums.
Even if they want to use their knowledge to earn money else where, it is there buisness and we should not see ill in that.

Don't you want to be paid for your work. Did you or me , spent 2-3 years doing free service. No right?

Let us be decent and acknowledge that please .


As far as I see the only thing you should be really worried about is this forum and where is it now.

Also my concern/questions were based on what is happening here at this forum and what is has become lately. Not else where . Member also have freedom to go where they see fit right? That is democracy. Agree? Some day you might leave your company also and have to meet them the others in real life .










GMNet wrote:
@fairinvestor wrote:
GMNet wrote:
Yes, Most certainly. Provided that the elected person does not try to harm the forum or its community.

Mean you can come back later right ?

But unfortunately some moderators/admins, were power hungry. When they were questioned by the management, there didn't wanted to accept their mistakes, instead they want to go and start a new forum. Why! Because they are here not to do any good for you and me. They are here to make money for themselves. They cannot do any kind of manipulation in this forum anymore, therefore now they need to go and start a new forum. Find some innocent victims!! Make money at your expense! at your loss and pain!

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum