FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by Eranga87 Today at 4:12 pm

» ROYAL CERAMICS PLC (RCL.N0000)
by Dilip Today at 11:55 am

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by ronstyn53 Yesterday at 10:22 pm

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by abey Yesterday at 9:07 pm

» First capital holdings CFVF.N0000
by invest thinker Yesterday at 4:46 pm

» LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC (LDEV.N0000)
by Wolf86 Yesterday at 2:00 pm

» ???? අප්‍රේල් 16 ???? මේ දින 3 කෙටි සතියත් කොළපාටින් අවසන් වුනා
by dayandacool Yesterday at 1:58 pm

» Lanka Walltile PLC Investment Case
by judecroos Yesterday at 8:55 am

» Which is the best at current market condition ? ( At least 30% within 30 Days)
by judecroos Yesterday at 8:39 am

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:03 pm

» Big opportunity in Kegalle Plantations
by EquityChamp Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:58 pm

» විජේදාසගේ... voice cut ප්‍රතිඵල
by nigma Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:59 am

» If you buy a stock that’s not going up in price, you won’t make any money. STOCK market for beginners
by dayandacool Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:31 am

» B P P L HOLDINGS PLC (BPPL.N0000)
by vikiperera Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:17 am

» VPEL VPEL VPEL
by invest thinker Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:23 am

» Thoughts on SINS
by Swissinvest Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:04 am

» VFIN / VPEL / PABC - Share SPLIT or VTWO ?
by WealthKing Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:33 am

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Harry82 Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:46 am

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Jana Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:15 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by learningthemarket Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:18 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Why the controversy?

Why the controversy?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Why the controversy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why the controversy? Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:48 pm

sew


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Yeah, i also think they forgot the "fundamentals" but i like the New color of the forum,green Surprised

22Why the controversy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why the controversy? Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:55 pm

CSE.SAS


Global Moderator
@sew wrote:Yeah, i also think they forgot the "fundamentals" but i like the New color of the forum,green Surprised

Colour jilmarts  lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

23Why the controversy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why the controversy? Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:02 pm

CSE.SAS


Global Moderator
@sew wrote:Yeah, i also think they forgot the "fundamentals" but i like the New color of the forum,green Surprised

Here are some of the most common color and meaning.
Black

Fear, Nothing, Angst, Serious, Overworked, Stormy, Depressed, Intense

Yellow

Anxious, Cool, Cautious, Distracted, Mellow, So-So

Orange

Stressed, Nervous, Mixed, Confused, Upset, Challenged, Indignant

Green-Peridot

Mixed Emotions, Restless, Irritated, Distressed, Worried, Hopeful

Green-Light Green

Normal, Alert, No Great Stress, Sensitive, Jealous, Envious, Guarded

Blue-Green

Upbeat, Pleased, Somewhat Relaxed, Motivated, Flirtatious

Blue

Normal, Optimistic, Accepting, Calm, Peaceful, Pleasant

Indigo-Darker Blue

Deeply Relaxed, Happy, Lovestruck, Bliss, Giving

Violet-Burgandy

Love, Romance, Amorous, Heat, Mischievous, Moody, Dreamer, Sensual

Pink

Very Happy, Warm, Affectionate, Loving, Infatuated, Curious

24Why the controversy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why the controversy? Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:02 pm

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
"Oruwa Yanne Makara Katatay"

25Why the controversy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why the controversy? Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:14 pm

CSE.SAS


Global Moderator
@D.G.Dayaratne wrote:"Oruwa Yanne Makara Katatay"

I can't get it wt r u saying.

26Why the controversy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why the controversy? Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:14 am

Kumar

Kumar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Those who have short memory please read the highlighted lines.


GMNet wrote:GMNet as the owning Company of the Sri Lanka Equity Forum becomes answerable to all the controversial content that is published by the unidentified individuals of the forum with pseudo names. No Moderator or Administrator wants to come forward and say who they are. They only want the power of the administratorship and recognition for all what they have done. They do not understand that the content in the forum should be balanced and unbiased. We have been very clearly informed by the management that as a reputed organization, we cannot become answerable to stock market speculation by group of individuals with their own agendas. They think this is another stock market mafia.

Administrators job is a clerical job and it does not require stock market expertise. Person should be with better inter personal skills and ability to understand the market from the overall standpoint instead of individualistic opinions. Both Slstock and Smallville may be experts in stock market but particularly Smallvilles interactive ability is highly questionable. There are many times that we have warned him to be little bit more diplomatic. Leave a alone, new members. These administrators harassed me for publishing an article from a reputed website. Articles content may be questionable, but they should realize that it is another opinion of another international research organization. So why blame me. Why kill the messenger? This why the Forum Administration need to be changed or reshuffled. Why would administrators are trying to tell the membership what is the market direction? Is Slstock a Mark Mobius? Smallville is Warren Buffet? No, not even Mark Mobius or Warren Buffet can determined the direction of the market with 100% certainty. So how would the administrators say that market cannot be 6800 in 2020?

Think positively. This is a new phase for the forum. Forum will always be larger than individuals who manage it. It does not matter whether the administrator is Quibit, Slstock or Smallville. There will be new faces, there will be new administrators but most importantly balanced articles and proper advise.

I have very little inter personal skills. I am here to do a job. Once the job is completed, I would be gone for good. You would not see me here again!! Forum will be your as always. But I am sure everyone will then realize why I did this!! and who are the ultimate beneficiaries.

27Why the controversy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why the controversy? Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:20 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert
@Kumar wrote:Those who have short memory please read the highlighted lines.


GMNet wrote:GMNet as the owning Company of the Sri Lanka Equity Forum becomes answerable to all the controversial content that is published by the unidentified individuals of the forum with pseudo names. No Moderator or Administrator wants to come forward and say who they are. They only want the power of the administratorship and recognition for all what they have done. They do not understand that the content in the forum should be balanced and unbiased. We have been very clearly informed by the management that as a reputed organization, we cannot become answerable to stock market speculation by group of individuals with their own agendas. They think this is another stock market mafia.

Administrators job is a clerical job and it does not require stock market expertise. Person should be with better inter personal skills and ability to understand the market from the overall standpoint instead of individualistic opinions. Both Slstock and Smallville may be experts in stock market but particularly Smallvilles interactive ability is highly questionable. There are many times that we have warned him to be little bit more diplomatic. Leave a alone, new members. These administrators harassed me for publishing an article from a reputed website. Articles content may be questionable, but they should realize that it is another opinion of another international research organization. So why blame me. Why kill the messenger? This why the Forum Administration need to be changed or reshuffled. Why would administrators are trying to tell the membership what is the market direction? Is Slstock a Mark Mobius? Smallville is Warren Buffet? No, not even Mark Mobius or Warren Buffet can determined the direction of the market with 100% certainty. So how would the administrators say that market cannot be 6800 in 2020?

Think positively. This is a new phase for the forum. Forum will always be larger than individuals who manage it. It does not matter whether the administrator is Quibit, Slstock or Smallville. There will be new faces, there will be new administrators but most importantly balanced articles and proper advise.

I have very little inter personal skills. I am here to do a job. Once the job is completed, I would be gone for good. You would not see me here again!! Forum will be your as always. But I am sure everyone will then realize why I did this!! and who are the ultimate beneficiaries.
Why read only the highlighted in RED, why not the full article Mr. Kumar. Try to see beyond what you are able to see.

28Why the controversy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why the controversy? Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:29 am

Kumar

Kumar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
lol! 

29Why the controversy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why the controversy? Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:56 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert
How about SHARK not another Benjamin Graham  scratch 

30Why the controversy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why the controversy? Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:57 am

Kumar

Kumar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
SHARK wrote:How about SHARK not another Benjamin Graham  scratch 

I think you are joking. If not my read my previous comment on another thread might fit.

31Why the controversy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why the controversy? Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:01 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert
@Kumar wrote:
SHARK wrote:How about SHARK not another Benjamin Graham  scratch 

I think you are joking. If not my read my previous comment on another thread might fit.
You think i am joking very serious dude.

And you are who you know - Next Steve Jobs  Very Happy Do you like it  Laughing 
 lol! 

32Why the controversy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why the controversy? Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:37 am

Sstar

Sstar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
GMNet wrote:GMNet as the owning Company of the Sri Lanka Equity Forum becomes answerable to all the controversial content that is published by the unidentified individuals of the forum with pseudo names. No Moderator or Administrator wants to come forward and say who they are. They only want the power of the administratorship and recognition for all what they have done. They do not understand that the content in the forum should be balanced and unbiased. We have been very clearly informed by the management that as a reputed organization, we cannot become answerable to stock market speculation by group of individuals with their own agendas. They think this is another stock market mafia.

Administrators job is a clerical job and it does not require stock market expertise. Person should be with better inter personal skills and ability to understand the market from the overall standpoint instead of individualistic opinions. Both Slstock and Smallville may be experts in stock market but particularly Smallvilles interactive ability is highly questionable. There are many times that we have warned him to be little bit more diplomatic. Leave a alone, new members. These administrators harassed me for publishing an article from a reputed website. Articles content may be questionable, but they should realize that it is another opinion of another international research organization. So why blame me. Why kill the messenger? This why the Forum Administration need to be changed or reshuffled. Why would administrators are trying to tell the membership what is the market direction? Is Slstock a Mark Mobius? Smallville is Warren Buffet? No, not even Mark Mobius or Warren Buffet can determined the direction of the market with 100% certainty. So how would the administrators say that market cannot be 6800 in 2020?

Think positively. This is a new phase for the forum. Forum will always be larger than individuals who manage it. It does not matter whether the administrator is Quibit, Slstock or Smallville. There will be new faces, there will be new administrators but most importantly balanced articles and proper advise.

I have very little inter personal skills. I am here to do a job. Once the job is completed, I would be gone for good. You would not see me here again!! Forum will be your as always. But I am sure everyone will then realize why I did this!! and who are the ultimate beneficiaries.

I just read the article above for the first time. This simply clarifies how forum had evolved in the past. By reading this post, I feel GMnet seems to have a valid reason for his action. If some controversy happens its they who become answerable and liable. All of us including Slstock, Smallville and other members could walk away and deny responsibility because no members' information is public and its only Global Media Network that is known by the regulatory authorities. So I don't blame GMNet for being very sensitive about the matter.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum