FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» POSITIVES & TARGETS BY IMTIAZ BUHARDEEN
by Gowri123 Today at 4:38 pm

» When will supply chain disruptions ease?
by Gowri123 Today at 4:08 pm

» We’re seeing a shift toward international and value stocks, says Schwab’s Kleintop
by target1 Today at 2:40 am

» Wall Street stumbles as consumer pessimism stokes growth fears
by target1 Today at 2:34 am

» Free Market Capitalism vs. Crony Capitalism
by target1 Today at 2:30 am

» Sri Lankan corporations reap large profits as workers and rural toilers face poverty and starvation
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:37 pm

» අද රාත්‍රියෙන් පසු, යක්ෂයාගේ හෝරාව ඇරඹේ!
by God Father Yesterday at 6:13 pm

» Derana 360 with Minister Dhammika Perera
by samaritan Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by LHW Yesterday at 9:24 am

» Breaking News- Kanchana to go to Qatar ; 2 more ministers off to Russia
by Beyondsenses Yesterday at 8:13 am

» PM thanks President Biden for assuring US support to Sri Lanka
by Beyondsenses Yesterday at 8:07 am

» Sri Lanka Stock Market heading toward ASPI 4500
by God Father Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:14 pm

» Why no power cuts in certain areas of Colombo?
by God Father Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:03 pm

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:49 am

» කොළඹ රාජකීය ගොල්ෆ් සමාජය විසින් රජයේ දේපළ අවභාවිත කිරීම
by ddindika Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:33 am

» LOLC to enter the giant Indian Market
by samaritan Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:17 am

» LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000)
by CHRONICLE™ Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:46 am

» SOEs within Minimum Programme for Economic Recovery
by CHRONICLE™ Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:44 am

» COVID WAVES: Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?
by CHRONICLE™ Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:36 am

» Luminex Limited lists on the Diri Savi Board after a capital raise of Rs. 250 Million
by CHRONICLE™ Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:34 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » SFL to takeover at 175

SFL to takeover at 175

+21
man123
fireshelter
cse_investor1
slmarket2
mark
SHARK aka TAH
Gainer
dhanurrox
ccsentha
Market Sucker
Top Trader
Light of Hope
sew
gagamini
NZ BOY
windi5
Jiggysaurus
Aubrey Perera
VALUEPICK
jonta999
player
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:36 pm

Aubrey Perera

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Before March 31st we will know who is merging with who and who's taking over who or who are looking at other options aimed at consolidation. take up your positions now before news spreads to the market. As I have mentioned before we have not seen the final bull of finance stocks , I believe more to come.

Market too looks to be improving GL

27SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:07 am

sew

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Aubrey Perera wrote:Before March 31st we will know who is merging with who and who's taking over who or who are looking at other options aimed at consolidation. take up your positions now before news spreads to the market. As I have mentioned before we have not seen the final bull of finance stocks , I believe more to come.

Market too looks to be improving GL

This is Not a promotion, but sounds like it will be SFL, CFL and few other finance companies will merge.

28SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:21 pm

Aubrey Perera

What we need to look at is who's merging with who'm or taking over which company and wigh the pro's and con's of such groupings. Which company will pay a premium price to take over another etc. GL

29SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:25 pm

Light of Hope

Forum's future now depends on the balance manipulation that is encouraged thru negative and positive promotions.

Some people shud talk about the negative shares and others for the positive shares.

So others will join and support the manipulation. SEC wil watch and catch Podiville and lankastock as they didnt support now.

Now I see the real ARIMA has started  lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

30SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:43 pm

Market Sucker

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

This valuation is so cheap, The price should be over 200 to succeed the proposed takeover or merge. Just take a look at their financials and you will realize the valuation. Market capitalisation is just over 800Mn and a better financial company than in same category. There is a valid takeover offer as i also got the news, but price is not set and they are yet at the discussions. Since this is illiquid, you will never gonna buy easier when the news comes and no one gonna sell. Also what i saw in last months is a wise collection of qtys available.

31SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:07 pm

player

player

hi all, player dont need to say lies. Smile Hold your nerves.

32SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:58 pm

player

player

hello guys, The price to consolidation purpose is known to be over 200. So my valuation to SFL P is minimum 80Rs.

33SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:04 pm

ccsentha

player wrote:hello guys, The price to consolidation purpose is known to be over 200. So my valuation to SFL P is minimum 80Rs.

what do you think the valuation model will be for SFL.P?

34SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:27 pm

dhanurrox

player wrote:hi all, player dont need to say lies. Smile Hold your nerves.

Player I can remember you coming up with future news earlier too.This time also you win.I guess you are having lot of contacts.

35SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:44 pm

Gainer

Gainer
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

SFL long term ago i bought at 70 levels i sold at 149.00

36SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:03 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Welcome Gainer .......  Very Happy 

Any Idea where PCH will move ....

Looks like 30c 20c or will 40c Hold it....

Just seeing today few fellas selling out of fear or probably on Margin Trading ....

37SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:04 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Sorry i hijacked SFL thread....

Very difficult to catch Gainer & Jana  Laughing 

38SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:42 am

Gainer

Gainer

watch AMF

39SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:44 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

player wrote:hi all, player dont need to say lies. Smile Hold your nerves.

wow you are great player. Very Happy i believe in you Smile

40SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:31 pm

Market Sucker

Market Sucker

@ player- You got any info about SFL P conversion to SFL N?
thanks

41SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:25 pm

Market Sucker

Market Sucker

Mr player- TFIL was bought at 28Rs which has only NAV of 14Rs, So 200Rs ok for SFL? It has NAV of over 150Rs no?

Please give me your opinion ASAP since im holding huge qtys of both SFL N & P

Thank you

42SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:44 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

Market Sucker wrote:Mr player- TFIL was bought at 28Rs which has only NAV of 14Rs, So 200Rs ok for SFL? It has NAV of over 150Rs no?

Thank you

My idea-

NAV isnt a valuation method for finance companies. But normally the price should be at least ove 1.5 times higher to stimulate to sell by owners. So you can value it around 225.

But even you consider the past CFs of it, you can see that it posted considerably good earnings. So yet worth over current price of 188.

SFL P- i dnt how to value, but i would prefer to value at 100 if SFL N reach over 200.

Trading way- The next wave of SFL should be push it over 200 and SFL P to over 75

Hope i gave some feedback. Smile

Finally its up to the player to answer.

43SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:28 pm

ccsentha

mark wrote:
Market Sucker wrote:Mr player- TFIL was bought at 28Rs which has only NAV of 14Rs, So 200Rs ok for SFL? It has NAV of over 150Rs no?

Thank you

My idea-

NAV isnt a valuation method for finance companies. But normally the price should be at least ove 1.5 times higher to stimulate to sell by owners. So you can value it around 225.

But even you consider the past CFs of it, you can see that it posted considerably good earnings. So yet worth over current price of 188.

SFL P- i dnt how to value, but i would prefer to value at 100 if SFL N reach over 200.

Trading way- The next wave of SFL should be push it over 200 and SFL P to over 75

Hope i gave some feedback. Smile

Finally its up to the player to answer.

In the introductory document the reference price is given as 14rs. The document is only few months old.

44SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:17 pm

player

player

Hi all, The price is 275 which is not agreed before and the previous buyer quoted to buy at 175 earlier.But finally they(BLI) agreed to buy at 275Rs due to its final discussion held with governor (Head to Head meeting).

So finally news is out and good luck to all who criticize and admire me.

45SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:38 pm

Gainer

Gainer

player wrote:Hi all, The price is 275 which is not agreed before and the previous buyer quoted to buy at 175 earlier.But finally they(BLI) agreed to buy at 275Rs due to its final discussion held with governor (Head to Head meeting).

player,  your information correct what will happen next ? another romur SFL.P going to become normal voting shareS SFL.N

46SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:25 pm

player

player

Gainer wrote:
player wrote:Hi all, The price is 275 which is not agreed before and the previous buyer quoted to buy at 175 earlier.But finally they(BLI) agreed to buy at 275Rs due to its final discussion held with governor (Head to Head meeting).

player,  your information correct what will happen next ? another romur SFL.P going to become normal voting shareS SFL.N

Next is im waiting until they make a mandatory offer since im holding heavy lot and couldnt be sell at floor easily, but will sell at market if they put the buying orders.
Rumor about SFL P is looks not much clear since they didnt bought 30% yet, will wait for that.

47SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:23 am

ccsentha

player wrote:
Gainer wrote:

Next is im waiting until they make a mandatory offer since im holding heavy lot and couldnt be sell at floor easily, but will sell at market if they put the buying orders.
Rumor about SFL P is looks not much clear since they didnt bought 30% yet, will wait for that.

They don't need to make mandatory offer, they only bought 24%, isn't it?

48SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:23 am

ccsentha

player wrote:
Gainer wrote:

What do you think about CIFL? why didn't BLI buy more than 25%?

49SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:50 am

ccsentha

Why is SFL coming down?

50SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:04 am

slmarket2

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

ccsentha wrote:
player wrote:
Gainer wrote:

where to buy from?

51SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:20 am

ccsentha

slmarket2 wrote:
ccsentha wrote:
player wrote:
Gainer wrote:

where to buy from?

What do u mean?

52SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:17 am

player

player

ccsentha wrote:
player wrote:
Gainer wrote:

I dont have idea about CIFL, but i remember i got in at 0.70 and sold at 1.50, didnt entered afterward due to high risk of it. They are trying to evade the mandatory offer, but i presume and know that their nominee account holds over 30% as now even. Btw i sold some today since there was buying, so will sell my remaining at 250 or over.

What im buying is SDB, anything below 110 is my collection.

GL

53SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:28 am

cse_investor1

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Anyone knows how to value SFL.P vs SFL.N?

SFL.N is 250
SFL.P what should be the value?

54SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:32 am

ccsentha

player wrote:
ccsentha wrote:
player wrote:
Gainer wrote:

I dont have idea about CIFL, but i remember i got in at 0.70 and sold at 1.50, didnt entered afterward due to high risk of it. They are trying to evade the mandatory offer, but i presume and know that their nominee account holds over 30% as now even. Btw i sold some today since there was buying, so will sell my remaining at 250 or over.

What im buying is SDB, anything below 110 is my collection.

GL

how can they evade from making the mandatory offer? they will eventually have to try and buy more shares to gain control, isn't it? since CBSL is involved, they wouldn't allow such behavior, isn't it?

55SFL to takeover at 175 - Page 2 Empty Re: SFL to takeover at 175 Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:21 pm

player

player

They can make the mandatory offer, but who would sell? Actually who have the shares to sell? All retailers already sold their qtys and vanished. But there could be a mandatory offer to get enough control for board representation.

Im on the exit since yesterday. So this is my last post on this thread.

GL all.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum