FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute

DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute

Submit Post

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute

Submit Post

කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ »  How to pick stocks! Avoid quarter basis analysis!

How to pick stocks! Avoid quarter basis analysis!

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert
Great value, growth, business model, knowledge on the industry, brand, Cash flow, and fundamentals.

Avoid short term analysis that is where most make mistakes. Eg: Rather than thinking what will be cost of production, climate, interest rate, inflation etc next month, next quarter, second half of this year try to analyse more than one year.

Different companies attractive differently due to different reasons: Eg: lower P/E, Cash per share, dividend, EPS etc. Need analysis beyond these to pick stocks.

Pl add your knowledge to this………………………………………………………

Light of Hope

Vice President - Equity Analytics
If u have this knowledge why u kp on asking others about valu pricks?
Dont be a moron like ur master. Ur post doesnt add any valu to the forum so u n GM has only the option of asking others thruout the new balance forum goes.

Get a life at least.

dhanurrox

@Light of Hope wrote:If u have this knowledge why u kp on asking others about valu pricks?
Dont be a moron like ur master. Ur post doesnt add any valu to the forum so u n GM has only the option of asking others thruout the new balance forum goes.

Get a life at least.
Light of hope, How u differentiate this person and master,they can be same know? Very Happy 

Light of Hope

@dhanurrox wrote:
@Light of Hope wrote:If u have this knowledge why u kp on asking others about valu pricks?

Get a life at least.
Light of hope, How u differentiate this person and master,they can be same know? Very Happy 

OOps!!!! Printin mistake mate  Laughing Laughing 

Sstar

Sstar
I wil do Q X 4.. Anything Wrong??

Sstar

Sstar
Most companies in Sri Lanka want to earn QXQ Increase. So I don't see any problem in seen Qx4 wrong?

Unless companies productivities are cyclical!!

dougieboy

Really? Should you deceive people here like this?

We remember how sstar was and did.

This is not the real Sstar.

Another gmae by Gil Mart to increase traffic. Seems the multiple account policy by the same person is encouraged by new admins.

Really shameful state the forum is in now.

@Sstar wrote:I wil do Q X 4.. Anything Wrong??

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert
I don’t see any wrong. It is depend on the person. Experience count lot. It is better to look for a bigger picture of more than one quarter than a bigger picture of a one quarter. If a company is going to make losses during next five years it is not worth of keeping it. When Loss making companies become turnaround companies shareholder can make fortunes.

Sstar

Sstar
I might not want to go for Loss making companies  unless I have control. Only other option I have is to by Qx4 profits on the big picture and see whether I could recover my investment in 5 years. 5xPER, 20% interest per annum, you call it any way you like!

ValuePick, I fully agree with your previous comment. You are a great asset to this forum.

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert
Txs Sstar for your comment.

I just glanced through almost all groups. In every group from poultry, banking, finance, motor, L &P, C&E and Plantations there are massively undervalued stocks. As a group, plantation sector is the number one undervalued groups in the market followed by motor and banking groups.

Sstar

Sstar
I like, plantation. but very skeptical about tea and rubber. what alternative we have? not these wood companies..

greedy007

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Sstar wrote:I might not want to go for Loss making companies  unless I have control. Only other option I have is to by Qx4 profits on the big picture and see whether I could recover my investment in 5 years. 5xPER, 20% interest per annum, you call it any way you like!

ValuePick, I fully agree with your previous comment. You are a great asset to this forum.

lol! 

dougieboy

LOL . I scratch your back, you scratch mine. Infact we both are the same person  Twisted Evil  Razz 

@greedy007 wrote:
@Sstar wrote:I might not want to go for Loss making companies  unless I have control. Only other option I have is to by Qx4 profits on the big picture and see whether I could recover my investment in 5 years. 5xPER, 20% interest per annum, you call it any way you like!

lol! 

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert
@Sstar wrote:I like, plantation. but very skeptical about tea and rubber. what alternative we have? not these wood companies..

If we like something we need serious study. There is a trading and investment pattern for all types of  stocks and groups. We already had few stocks oriented bull market giving more than 100%. we may see group and broad market oriented bull markets in the future. Stay with your intelligent plan.

dougieboy

So valueprick are you not sstar ? Same person?

@VALUEPICK wrote:
@Sstar wrote:I like, plantation. but very skeptical about tea and rubber. what alternative we have? not these wood companies..

If we like something we need serious study. There is a trading and investment pattern for all types of  stocks and groups. We already had few stocks oriented bull market giving more than 100%. we may see group and broad market oriented bull markets in the future. Stay with your intelligent plan.

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert
These are speculations. Only things is after following few members now I have few good writing styles of others. That means I am not a copy cat. I am sure Sstar will do a good and impartial job. In some situation our writing style may be similar because we are in the investment world. That doesn’t means we are same person.

dougieboy

Oh I see, thanks.

So you behave like a pro in the forum after opening an account 1 month ago but your ideas coming from following others without giving credit to them? Sstar doesn't even give sources for articles.

Does the word plagerism ring a bell my friend?

@VALUEPICK wrote:These are speculations. Only things is after following few members now I have few good writing styles of others. That means I am not a copy cat.  I am sure Sstar will do a good and impartial job. In some situation our writing style may be similar because we are in the investment world. That doesn’t means we are same person.

Sstar

Sstar
@dougieboy wrote:Oh I see, thanks.

So you behave like a pro  in the forum after opening an account 1 month ago but your ideas coming from following others without giving credit to them? Sstar doesn't  even give  sources for articles.

@VALUEPICK wrote:These are speculations. Only things is after following few members now I have few good writing styles of others. That means I am not a copy cat.  I am sure Sstar will do a good and impartial job. In some situation our writing style may be similar because we are in the investment world. That doesn’t means we are same person.

Thanks Valuepick for your comment. We are all here to learn and I don't give a damn about where you have got these articles as long as it make sense. Thank you for sharing these valuable comments in the forum, whilst others are wasting time trying to find fault with the forum administration.  Unfortunately there seems some members, who has nothing better to do other than criticizing or finding faults with others.

We don't become a Pro just because we have opened an account in this forum. It took me 20 years in the industry to learn what is investment banking. Still I am learning.

dougieboy

Not giving a damn about plagerism says a lot about you.  Thanks for confirming the that you both ( and all)  are the same person.
Part of becoming a pro is acknowleding the people you learnt from. Stealing ideas and not giving credit to them is what kind of beheviour. You expect others not to notice and keep quiet.

Now don;t ban me.

@Sstar wrote:
@dougieboy wrote:Oh I see, thanks.

So you behave like a pro  in the forum after opening an account 1 month ago but your ideas coming from following others without giving credit to them? Sstar doesn't  even give  sources for articles.

Thanks Valuepick for your comment. We are all here to learn and I don't give a damn about where you have got these articles as long as it make sense. Thank you for sharing these valuable comments in the forum, whilst others are wasting time trying to find fault with the forum administration.  Unfortunately there seems some members, who has nothing better to do other than criticizing or finding faults with others.

We don't become a Pro just because we have opened an account in this forum. It took me 20 years in the industry to learn what is investment banking. Still I am learning.

Last edited by dougieboy on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert
Thanks Sstar.All the best! At lest try to identity  one valuable stock where we can just sleep peacefully. Then we should think market is going to close next five years. i

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum