FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Best 5 Shares to Buy

+31
RoomGirl
PROPRITER
gagamini
sew
Meman
WARREN BSL
anges
cse1981
Octopus
UAEBOY
stevenapple
Rocky
rdk2874
marusira
CSEStockWatch
bandulawee
Light of Hope
Hawk Eye
skyfall
Pethi
samcader
LANKAN LION
Harry82
Aubrey Perera
FLOWER2
Sstar
dhanurrox
VALUEPICK
Lalindra
SHARK aka TAH
Balanced_Views
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

61The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Thu May 01, 2014 12:48 am

UAEBOY

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

FLOWER2 wrote:Everybody is having their own best stocks. I am adding Expo, WATA, SUN, AGAL and NAMU to the previous list. Cheers. Studying box patterns for banking, food and poultry, plantations, health and diversify sectors.

What could be the right price to enter in to AGAL ?

62The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Thu May 01, 2014 3:02 am

FLOWER2

Manager - Equity Analytics

UAEBOY wrote:
FLOWER2 wrote:Everybody is having their own best stocks. I am adding Expo, WATA, SUN, AGAL and NAMU to the previous list. Cheers. Studying box patterns for banking, food and poultry, plantations, health and diversify sectors.

Very difficult to answer. What are the stages of bull market? Which stage is this? How about fundamentals for a considerable period? What are the risk and returns?
Is tea going to be emerging bullish commodity in the coming years? What are the prospects for agriculture crops? Is box is pilling up one top of another? So many ways to analyse. Market timing is not a good strategy. Price is depending on the situation of the market, trend and future prospects.

I didn’t include stocks in few sectors  in my previous list.

Updated list is given below. Hoping to update again according to the market situation.

My possible high performers:

Banking and Finance

COMB, DFCC, CFIN, MBSL, PLC and PMB

Food and Beverages

TAFL, DIST, BFL, TSML, CTEA, RAL

Plantations

TPL, BOPL, MPRH, UDPL, MADU, BALA,MASK,AGAL, WATA,NAMU

Motors

UML

Construction and Engineering

DOCK

Chemicals

CHMX, HAYC, CIC

Diversify

SPEN, JFIN, SUN, SHL, FLCH, EXPO

Hotels

AHUN, CHOT

Footwear and Textiles

MGT

Trading

CTBL, RWSL, SINS

Healthcare

LHCL, ASIR

Power and Energy

LGL,VPEL

Telecom

SLTL

Manufacturing

GRAN, REXP, REG, KCAB,SIRA

63The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Thu May 01, 2014 3:24 am

UAEBOY

Highly appreciate your detail report....

I am ready to go with

BFL -This qtr will be a good one.
AGAL- Undervalued /Also dividend is due in May...

alien

64The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Thu May 01, 2014 4:30 am

FLOWER2

UAEBOY wrote:Highly appreciate your detail report....

I am ready to go with

BFL -This qtr will be a good one.
AGAL- Undervalued /Also dividend is due in May...

alien

Is there any specific time for declaring dividend by AGAL? Final dividend of MPRH also is due. Among tea companies TPL declared good dividend. During last financial year KVAL, NAMU and BOPL too declared some dividends. BFL declared dividend during last two financial years. It is interesting to see coming financial year. What the other potential dividend companies? Cheers.

65The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Thu May 01, 2014 5:32 am

Octopus

Expert
Expert

my portfolio is small. could you reduce the list champions....!

66The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Thu May 01, 2014 6:25 am

dhanurrox

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

CSF-7.9
GRAN-37
TAFL-40
EQUIT-30
HEXP-30

profit guaranteed.

67The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Thu May 01, 2014 6:55 am

FLOWER2

FLOWER2

Octopus wrote:my portfolio is small. could you reduce the list champions....!

Doing study on box patterns and coming fundamentals for few stocks in banking, food and beverages, manufacturing and Plantations. Neglected counters might have bigger returns on percentage wise. They stagnated for a long period despite value and growth.

68The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Thu May 01, 2014 8:08 am

Octopus

Octopus
Expert
Expert

Thanks guys.....!

69The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Thu May 01, 2014 8:37 am

Balanced_Views

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

I have conducted very thorough research into the shares mentioned here and I still conclude that the best shares to buy at the moment are

1) TJL
2) TKYO
3) LIOC
4) HHL

These shares have BOTH short term and long term potential. Those are the shares to buy.

Especially with quarterly results coming out soon

70The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Thu May 01, 2014 9:50 am

cse1981

cse1981

I selected

1, RWSL dry weather condition
2, BFL price increase and future project
3, HPWR new acquisition & dividend
4, CIC Reducing finance cost
5, SIRA already in bottom line it will be pass 2

71The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Thu May 01, 2014 4:02 pm

anges

well most of you have got it correct ! no crap in your views and advice ! good work guys ! yes BFL,TJL,GRAN,HHL,TAFL,EXPO,COMB,JKH,EQIT,SIRA looks great in a whole !

72The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Fri May 02, 2014 8:50 am

WARREN BSL

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

LIOC,UBC,GRAN,CSD,TFC.X

73The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Fri May 02, 2014 9:18 am

Meman

Everyone is forgetting Real estate related shares. Low interest rates these days. OSEA, Equity one and Two, CSD, SHAW. OSEA already shown impressive results for the quarter and others will follow.

74The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Sat May 03, 2014 5:23 am

FLOWER2

FLOWER2

On Friday some stocks in diversified, Investment trusts, plantations and power and energy stocks were active in an upper bound of boxes. Total gain in above sectors were more than 1% on Friday. We should watch penetrating their upper bands.

Tea related plantations companies: WATA, BOPL, MADU, and MASK

Diversified SHL, EXPO, FLCH, SPEN

Power and Energy: HPFL, LGL, VLL

Other stocks to follow to watch pilling boxes one top of another in Banking, Food and averages

DFCC, COMB, TAFL, GRAN, BFL, CTEA, DIST, CFIN, TPL

It is going to be very interesting month. Have a look at value, growth, technical, building boxes, market conditions, trend and fundamentals. Cheers.

Last edited by FLOWER2 on Sat May 03, 2014 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to change a word)

75The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Sun May 04, 2014 10:25 am

Harry82

Harry82
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

BANKS FINANCE AND INSURANCE- SAMP,CDB,CRL,NTB,LFIN

BEVERAGE FOOD AND TOBACCO - Dist

Diversified SHL, SPEN

Power and Energy: VPER, LGL

76The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Mon May 05, 2014 4:12 am

sew

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Balanced_Views wrote:I have conducted very thorough research into the shares mentioned here and I still conclude that the best shares to buy at the moment are

1) TJL
2) TKYO
3) LIOC
4) HHL

These shares have BOTH short term and long term potential. Those are the shares to buy.

You git it right, and i would add AEL as well

77The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Mon May 05, 2014 6:50 am

Balanced_Views

sew wrote:
Balanced_Views wrote:I have conducted very thorough research into the shares mentioned here and I still conclude that the best shares to buy at the moment are

1) TJL
2) TKYO
3) LIOC
4) HHL

You git it right, and i would add AEL as well

Thanks

78The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Mon May 05, 2014 7:27 am

gagamini

There is no doubt that most of plantation stocks are under value as VALUPICK mentioned . Still I am bit reluctant to touch them . Even though tea prices in the action have gone up their COP has also gone up . Another factor is those union fellows any moment can come up with demanding another salary revision followed by strikes etc . which could affect the profitability of those companies . I have no idea if they have any collective agreement for particular period and if so at least until such time we can breath . To my knowledge there is none . However , as the tea prices in the world market is soaring , we may need to make a provision for another salary enhancement , say 10% , 15% like and compute if there is going to be a major effect to the profitability .

79The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Wed May 07, 2014 2:07 pm

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

Despite problems in Middle East countries and higher tea production in Kenya Tea prices were buoyant in Sri-Lanka in 2013. This is a new development in the tea sector in Sri-Lanka. Global Consumers are looking for quality tea such as Ceylon (Sri-Lankan) tea now. In addition tea is fast becoming as a health drink. There could be supply threat from North African countries due to climate change in the coming decades. Climate situation in Asia is not as bad as in Africa.  There is an increased demand for black and green tea from India and China. This trend will continue in the coming years and they will export less in the future. Bangladesh was one of the major tea exporters and now they hardly export tea. Sooner than later they too will become a tea import country. Countries like Malaysia finding difficult to recruit employees. There are reports that high quality Assam tea production has come down during last couple of months. It is interesting to watch how demand for high quality high grown tea in Sri-Lanka is going to create in the second half of this year.  Still tea prices are good when compare with corresponding last year. That means Sri-Lankan quality tea has demand in the tea market now. As long as companies maintain quality there will great demand for tea. Currently tea related companies are doing better than rubber related companies. In addition some tea shares are very cheap in the market now.Tea Industry experts expect international prices also to firm up in the next two to three months once the carry forward stock is extinguished. We have to wait and see.

80The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:44 am

FLOWER2

FLOWER2

Have a close look for piling up boxes one top of another in selected shares  in manufacturing, banking & Finance, Tea, Poultry,selected hotel and diversified shares.. If stocks penetrate the most upper part of boxes and when they build new boxes stay very bullish.  Cheers.

81The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:54 am

Harry82

Harry82

VFIn
CDB
LFIN
SAMP

82The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:25 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Epic Research i have warned you through PM. And I am telling it openely now.Please refrain from posting unrelated stocks in this thread.Please consider this as final warning.

83The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:58 pm

stevenapple

Yep.Irritating.

84The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:26 pm

FLOWER2

FLOWER2

cse1981 wrote:I selected

1, RWSL  dry weather condition
2, BFL     price increase and future project
3, HPWR  new acquisition & dividend
4, CIC     Reducing finance cost
5, SIRA   already in bottom line it will be  pass 2

HPWR and CIC slowly moved up. What did u mean by new acquisition & dividend for HPWR.

85The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:11 pm

FLOWER2

FLOWER2

FLOWER2 wrote:
UAEBOY wrote:

Very difficult to answer. What are the stages of bull market? Which stage is this? How about fundamentals for a considerable period? What are the risk and returns?
Is tea going to be emerging bullish commodity in the coming years? What are the prospects for agriculture crops? Is box is pilling up one top of another? So many ways to analyse. Market timing is not a good strategy. Price is depending on the situation of the market, trend and future prospects.

I didn’t include stocks in few sectors  in my previous list.

Updated list is given below. Hoping to update again according to the market situation.

My possible high performers:

Banking and Finance

COMB, DFCC, CFIN, MBSL, PLC and PMB

Food and Beverages

TAFL, DIST, BFL, TSML, CTEA, RAL

Plantations

TPL, BOPL, MPRH, UDPL, MADU, BALA,MASK,AGAL, WATA,NAMU

Motors

UML

Construction and Engineering

DOCK

Chemicals

CHMX, HAYC, CIC

Diversify

SPEN, JFIN, SUN, SHL, FLCH, EXPO

Hotels

AHUN, CHOT

Footwear and Textiles

MGT

Trading

CTBL, RWSL, SINS

Healthcare

LHCL, ASIR

Power and Energy

LGL,VPEL

Telecom

SLTL

Manufacturing

GRAN, REXP, REG, KCAB,SIRA

After posting above stock list on February I enjoyed watching them. Value stocks, illiquid stocks & contrarian stocks also will follow market leaders and other bull stocks. Cheers

86The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:21 am

FLOWER2

FLOWER2

One by one, Large,Mid and small illiquid stocks, pullback stocks should form their next boxes.Cheers.

87The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:57 am

cse1981

cse1981

FLOWER2 wrote:

HPWR and CIC slowly  moved up. What did u mean by  new acquisition & dividend for HPWR.

HPWR brought PAP and some time they declare dividend in august
i heard HHL wanted to disposal hpwr

88The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:45 pm

FLOWER2

FLOWER2

cse1981 wrote:
FLOWER2 wrote:

HPWR and CIC slowly  moved up. What did u mean by  new acquisition & dividend for HPWR.

HPWR brought PAP and some time they declare dividend in august
i heard HHL wanted to disposal hpwr

Cheers.

89The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:03 pm

PROPRITER

PROPRITER
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

SHARK wrote:How about SDB

Comparatively its a sound stock, but it has massive management issues.
Better to do dig more & decide.

90The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:30 pm

Balanced_Views

Balanced_Views wrote:So there seems to be a bull run around the corner - good time to buy

What are the best 5 shares to buy and get ready for this bull market? A good share should have:

1) good fundamentals - shares should be trading below the sector P/E and exhibit good growth rates in recent times

2) be well managed companies which look after shareholders

3) be involved in industries with good growth potential

Using this criteria I feel that the following 5 shares are the best in the market:

1) TJL
2)TKYO
3) KAPI
4) HHL
5) LIOC

Just my opinion - not recommendations

Here is proof that my stock selections are good! I mentioned these in April and look at where they are now! 40-50% return! I still think TJL, TKYO, HHL and LIOC are the 4 best shares!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum