FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» The war in Ukraine is no longer shocking the wheat market
by ResearchMan Today at 12:44 pm

» POSITIVES & TARGETS BY IMTIAZ BUHARDEEN
by cseguide Today at 11:34 am

» Analysis: China casts giant shadow over emerging nations' chase for debt relief
by ChooBoy Today at 7:38 am

» In STOCK MARKET despite all odds, there is always hope. Never ever give in nor give up.
by atuts Yesterday at 2:14 pm

» India raises import tax on gold to support rupee and amid trade deficit
by ResearchMan Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:09 pm

» When will supply chain disruptions ease?
by ResearchMan Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:57 am

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:12 pm

» Govt gets its priorities wrong
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:25 am

» Ambassador assures U.S. support to Sri Lanka to find solutions to economic issues
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:16 am

» IMF-Sri Lanka bailout talks end without a deal
by ChooBoy Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:16 am

» Sri Lanka Breaks Into Hyperinflation Zone Amid Dollar Crunch
by CHRONICLE™ Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:11 am

» Sri Lanka needs to do more on debt restructuring before a bailout package is finalised, says IMF
by CHRONICLE™ Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:06 am

» Global COVID cases rise as BA.4 and BA.5 expand
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:04 am

» We’re seeing a shift toward international and value stocks, says Schwab’s Kleintop
by target1 Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:40 am

» Wall Street stumbles as consumer pessimism stokes growth fears
by target1 Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:34 am

» Free Market Capitalism vs. Crony Capitalism
by target1 Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:30 am

» Sri Lankan corporations reap large profits as workers and rural toilers face poverty and starvation
by CHRONICLE™ Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:37 pm

» අද රාත්‍රියෙන් පසු, යක්ෂයාගේ හෝරාව ඇරඹේ!
by God Father Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:13 pm

» Derana 360 with Minister Dhammika Perera
by samaritan Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:07 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by LHW Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:24 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » The Best 5 Shares to Buy

The Best 5 Shares to Buy

+31
RoomGirl
PROPRITER
gagamini
sew
Meman
WARREN BSL
anges
cse1981
Octopus
UAEBOY
stevenapple
Rocky
rdk2874
marusira
CSEStockWatch
bandulawee
Light of Hope
Hawk Eye
skyfall
Pethi
samcader
LANKAN LION
Harry82
Aubrey Perera
FLOWER2
Sstar
dhanurrox
VALUEPICK
Lalindra
SHARK aka TAH
Balanced_Views
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Mon May 05, 2014 4:12 am

sew

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Balanced_Views wrote:I have conducted very thorough research into the shares mentioned here and I still conclude that the best shares to buy at the moment are

1) TJL
2) TKYO
3) LIOC
4) HHL

These shares have BOTH short term and long term potential. Those are the shares to buy.

Especially with quarterly results coming out soon
You git it right, and i would add AEL as well

77The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Mon May 05, 2014 6:50 am

Balanced_Views

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

sew wrote:
Balanced_Views wrote:I have conducted very thorough research into the shares mentioned here and I still conclude that the best shares to buy at the moment are

1) TJL
2) TKYO
3) LIOC
4) HHL

These shares have BOTH short term and long term potential. Those are the shares to buy.

Especially with quarterly results coming out soon
You git it right, and i would add AEL as well

Thanks

78The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Mon May 05, 2014 7:27 am

gagamini

Manager - Equity Analytics

There is no doubt that most of plantation stocks are under value as VALUPICK mentioned . Still I am bit reluctant to touch them . Even though tea prices in the action have gone up their COP has also gone up . Another factor is those union fellows any moment can come up with demanding another salary revision followed by strikes etc . which could affect the profitability of those companies . I have no idea if they have any collective agreement for particular period and if so at least until such time we can breath . To my knowledge there is none . However , as the tea prices in the world market is soaring , we may need to make a provision for another salary enhancement , say 10% , 15% like and compute if there is going to be a major effect to the profitability .

79The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Wed May 07, 2014 2:07 pm

VALUEPICK

Expert
Expert

Despite problems in Middle East countries and higher tea production in Kenya Tea prices were buoyant in Sri-Lanka in 2013. This is a new development in the tea sector in Sri-Lanka. Global Consumers are looking for quality tea such as Ceylon (Sri-Lankan) tea now. In addition tea is fast becoming as a health drink. There could be supply threat from North African countries due to climate change in the coming decades. Climate situation in Asia is not as bad as in Africa.  There is an increased demand for black and green tea from India and China. This trend will continue in the coming years and they will export less in the future. Bangladesh was one of the major tea exporters and now they hardly export tea. Sooner than later they too will become a tea import country. Countries like Malaysia finding difficult to recruit employees. There are reports that high quality Assam tea production has come down during last couple of months. It is interesting to watch how demand for high quality high grown tea in Sri-Lanka is going to create in the second half of this year.  Still tea prices are good when compare with corresponding last year. That means Sri-Lankan quality tea has demand in the tea market now. As long as companies maintain quality there will great demand for tea. Currently tea related companies are doing better than rubber related companies. In addition some tea shares are very cheap in the market now.Tea Industry experts expect international prices also to firm up in the next two to three months once the carry forward stock is extinguished. We have to wait and see.

80The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:44 am

FLOWER2

Have a close look for piling up boxes one top of another in selected shares  in manufacturing, banking & Finance, Tea, Poultry,selected hotel and diversified shares.. If stocks penetrate the most upper part of boxes and when they build new boxes stay very bullish.  Cheers.

81The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:54 am

Harry82

Harry82
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

VFIn
CDB
LFIN
SAMP

82The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:25 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Epic Research i have warned you through PM. And I am telling it openely now.Please refrain from posting unrelated stocks in this thread.Please consider this as final warning.

83The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:58 pm

stevenapple

Yep.Irritating.

84The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:26 pm

FLOWER2

FLOWER2

cse1981 wrote:I selected

1, RWSL  dry weather condition
2, BFL     price increase and future project
3, HPWR  new acquisition & dividend
4, CIC     Reducing finance cost
5, SIRA   already in bottom line it will be  pass 2

HPWR and CIC slowly moved up. What did u mean by new acquisition & dividend for HPWR.

85The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:11 pm

FLOWER2

FLOWER2

FLOWER2 wrote:
UAEBOY wrote:
FLOWER2 wrote:Everybody is having their own best stocks. I am adding Expo, WATA, SUN, AGAL and NAMU to the previous list. Cheers. Studying box patterns for banking, food and poultry, plantations, health and diversify sectors.

What could be the right price to enter in to AGAL ?

Very difficult to answer. What are the stages of bull market? Which stage is this? How about fundamentals for a considerable period? What are the risk and returns?
Is tea going to be emerging bullish commodity in the coming years? What are the prospects for agriculture crops? Is box is pilling up one top of another? So many ways to analyse. Market timing is not a good strategy. Price is depending on the situation of the market, trend and future prospects.

I didn’t include stocks in few sectors  in my previous list.

Updated list is given below. Hoping to update again according to the market situation.

My possible high performers:

Banking and Finance

COMB, DFCC, CFIN, MBSL, PLC and PMB

Food and Beverages

TAFL, DIST, BFL, TSML, CTEA, RAL

Plantations

TPL, BOPL, MPRH, UDPL, MADU, BALA,MASK,AGAL, WATA,NAMU

Motors

UML

Construction and Engineering

DOCK

Chemicals

CHMX, HAYC, CIC

Diversify

SPEN, JFIN, SUN, SHL, FLCH, EXPO

Hotels

AHUN, CHOT

Footwear and Textiles

MGT

Trading

CTBL, RWSL, SINS

Healthcare

LHCL, ASIR

Power and Energy

LGL,VPEL

Telecom

SLTL

Manufacturing

GRAN, REXP, REG, KCAB,SIRA

After posting above stock list on February I enjoyed watching them. Value stocks, illiquid stocks & contrarian stocks also will follow market leaders and other bull stocks. Cheers

86The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:21 am

FLOWER2

FLOWER2

One by one, Large,Mid and small illiquid stocks, pullback stocks should form their next boxes.Cheers.

87The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:57 am

cse1981

cse1981

FLOWER2 wrote:

HPWR and CIC slowly  moved up. What did u mean by  new acquisition & dividend for HPWR.

HPWR brought PAP and some time they declare dividend in august
i heard HHL wanted to disposal hpwr

88The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:45 pm

FLOWER2

FLOWER2

cse1981 wrote:
FLOWER2 wrote:

HPWR and CIC slowly  moved up. What did u mean by  new acquisition & dividend for HPWR.

HPWR brought PAP and some time they declare dividend in august
i heard HHL wanted to disposal hpwr

Cheers.

89The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:03 pm

PROPRITER

PROPRITER
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

SHARK wrote:How about SDB

Comparatively its a sound stock, but it has massive management issues.
Better to do dig more & decide.

90The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:30 pm

Balanced_Views

Balanced_Views wrote:So there seems to be a bull run around the corner - good time to buy

What are the best 5 shares to buy and get ready for this bull market? A good share should have:

1) good fundamentals - shares should be trading below the sector P/E and exhibit good growth rates in recent times

2) be well managed companies which look after shareholders

3) be involved in industries with good growth potential

Using this criteria I feel that the following 5 shares are the best in the market:

1) TJL
2)TKYO
3) KAPI
4) HHL
5) LIOC

Just my opinion - not recommendations

Here is proof that my stock selections are good! I mentioned these in April and look at where they are now! 40-50% return! I still think TJL, TKYO, HHL and LIOC are the 4 best shares!

91The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:52 pm

RoomGirl

I'm collecting....
JKH
NTB
HHL
2 more shares need to be added. Very Happy

92The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:29 pm

NZ BOY

NZ BOY

HDFC,YORK,SFIN,FLCH,PCHH

93The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:11 am

Balanced_Views

kabba wrote:I'm collecting....
JKH
NTB
HHL

TKYO TJL - quickly buy before quarterly reports are out

TKYO should go to 55

94The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:14 pm

nickjava

will both TKYO.X and TKYO.N move?.

95The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:22 pm

shadow walker

shadow walker
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Balanced_Views wrote:
JKH
NTB
HHL

TKYO TJL - quickly buy before quarterly reports are out

TKYO should go to 55

if financial statements are good..
HHL - 55
TKYO - 50

96The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:52 pm

RoomGirl

Thanks BV & SW for recommendations ....
How about HNB.X? Pls share your thoughts.

97The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:07 pm

shadow walker

shadow walker

kabba wrote:Thanks BV & SW for recommendations ....
How about HNB.X? Pls share your thoughts.

i think you should look at HDFC they release their l6.31 statement.. Its good.. Profit goes up more than 100%.. I bought it last week my avg price 42.30 .. Now im in profit..

98The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:05 pm

Balanced_Views

Balanced_Views wrote:So there seems to be a bull run around the corner - good time to buy

What are the best 5 shares to buy and get ready for this bull market? A good share should have:

1) good fundamentals - shares should be trading below the sector P/E and exhibit good growth rates in recent times

2) be well managed companies which look after shareholders

3) be involved in industries with good growth potential

Using this criteria I feel that the following 5 shares are the best in the market:

1) TJL
2)TKYO
3) KAPI
4) HHL
5) LIOC

Just my opinion - not recommendations

These 5 shares are still the best buys

99The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:08 pm

Balanced_Views

nickjava wrote:will both TKYO.X and TKYO.N move?.

Yes - the two best shares

100The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:33 pm

Eng Krishantha

Eng Krishantha
Expert
Expert

JKH
NTB
HHL

OSEA..

101The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:26 am

Balanced_Views

Eng Krishantha wrote:
JKH
NTB
HHL

OSEA..

and TKYO. Best share

102The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:46 am

shadow walker

shadow walker

BV
im holding TKYO TJL for long time.. If this Q report profit down. Im gonna sell TKYO and TJL

103The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:48 am

shadow walker

shadow walker

BV
LIOC one of the best shares in CSE but im not gonna buying at this price.. Im waiting for 30 - 35 levels

104The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:27 am

Pethi

Pethi
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

shadow walker wrote:BV
LIOC one of the best shares in CSE but im not gonna buying at this price.. Im waiting for 30 - 35 levels

More possibility to come down 35! there is a support @ 38.50. once broken, it may fall down further.
but good chance to avg down and load more. long term good share 50-60 possible in future.

105The Best 5 Shares to Buy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Best 5 Shares to Buy Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:20 am

Balanced_Views

shadow walker wrote:BV

I dont think TKYO and TJL profits will be down - hopefully they will be up by 20-30% and give good dividend.

LIOC wont go down if profits are up. This is the time to buy all 3 shares

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum