FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» POSITIVES & TARGETS BY IMTIAZ BUHARDEEN
by ChooBoy Today at 9:30 pm

» Sri Lankan corporations reap large profits as workers and rural toilers face poverty and starvation
by CHRONICLE™ Today at 6:37 pm

» අද රාත්‍රියෙන් පසු, යක්ෂයාගේ හෝරාව ඇරඹේ!
by God Father Today at 6:13 pm

» Derana 360 with Minister Dhammika Perera
by samaritan Today at 1:07 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by LHW Today at 9:24 am

» Breaking News- Kanchana to go to Qatar ; 2 more ministers off to Russia
by Beyondsenses Today at 8:13 am

» PM thanks President Biden for assuring US support to Sri Lanka
by Beyondsenses Today at 8:07 am

» Sri Lanka Stock Market heading toward ASPI 4500
by God Father Yesterday at 9:14 pm

» Why no power cuts in certain areas of Colombo?
by God Father Yesterday at 8:03 pm

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:49 am

» කොළඹ රාජකීය ගොල්ෆ් සමාජය විසින් රජයේ දේපළ අවභාවිත කිරීම
by ddindika Yesterday at 9:33 am

» LOLC to enter the giant Indian Market
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:17 am

» LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000)
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:46 am

» SOEs within Minimum Programme for Economic Recovery
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:44 am

» COVID WAVES: Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:36 am

» Luminex Limited lists on the Diri Savi Board after a capital raise of Rs. 250 Million
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:34 am

» Importance of Agroforestry for Sri Lanka
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Nivard Cabraal sets record straight on decision to allow flexibility to the rupee
by God Father Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:15 pm

» Baseless accusations against the former Governor Nivard Cabraal
by ChooBoy Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:44 pm

» Heavy losses at CPC whilst LIOC records profit
by ChooBoy Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:32 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » ILLIQUID SHARES >>>>

ILLIQUID SHARES >>>>

+2
deal
watch.cse
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ILLIQUID SHARES >>>> Empty ILLIQUID SHARES >>>> Fri May 06, 2011 7:45 am

watch.cse


Stock Trader

WHAT U THINK ABOUT ACL PLASTICS....
IT'S CDS QUANTITY AROUND 1.4 MILLION
IS IT ILLIQUID SHARE
PLZ COMMENT>>>>>

2ILLIQUID SHARES >>>> Empty Re: ILLIQUID SHARES >>>> Fri May 06, 2011 5:26 pm

deal


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

good for manupilation Laughing

3ILLIQUID SHARES >>>> Empty Re: ILLIQUID SHARES >>>> Fri May 06, 2011 10:21 pm

Antonym

Antonym
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

I think CSE is one of the few markets where lack of liquidity is considered to be a positive factor! Is that because it is easier to 'pump-and-dump' such shares?

4ILLIQUID SHARES >>>> Empty Re: ILLIQUID SHARES >>>> Fri May 06, 2011 10:29 pm

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Antonym wrote:I think CSE is one of the few markets where lack of liquidity is considered to be a positive factor! Is that because it is easier to 'pump-and-dump' such shares?
This has become a trend in CSE. They don't bother the PER or PBV. Only matter is liquidity. This will drive the CSE to a pathetic situation.

5ILLIQUID SHARES >>>> Empty Re: ILLIQUID SHARES >>>> Sat May 07, 2011 12:55 pm

tkc

tkc
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Monster wrote:
Antonym wrote:I think CSE is one of the few markets where lack of liquidity is considered to be a positive factor! Is that because it is easier to 'pump-and-dump' such shares?
This has become a trend in CSE. They don't bother the PER or PBV. Only matter is liquidity. This will drive the CSE to a pathetic situation.
Totally agreed my friend!!

6ILLIQUID SHARES >>>> Empty Re: ILLIQUID SHARES >>>> Sat May 07, 2011 3:30 pm

StocksWatch


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Just to add my thoughts/comments to this discussion...

If someone can hold on to his investment for long term, there are some illiquid counters in the CSE that are supported with healthy fundametals and trading at a good discount to market PE multiples for respective sectors. However, carefull examination of at least the income statement and balance sheet is required to confirm whether the profit shown is realistic and sustainable.

It is very important to note that getting out of the investment quickly is problamatic but for a long term investor, this doesn't matter much. What is attractive in these shares is the small number of shares in the market that may help the price to jump quickly in a run so the investor also has the option to get out with a decent gain if that happens.

IMO, we should not be negative about a share just because it is illiquid, all other factors need to be considered in conjunction with each individual's investment strategy.

7ILLIQUID SHARES >>>> Empty Re: ILLIQUID SHARES >>>> Sat May 07, 2011 4:06 pm

Antonym

Antonym
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

StocksWatch wrote:We should not be negative about a share just because it is illiquid, all other factors need to be considered in conjunction with each individual's investment strategy.
@StocksWatch: Of course... You are absolutely right.

Have you identified any such shares that are backed up by solid fundamentals?

8ILLIQUID SHARES >>>> Empty Re: ILLIQUID SHARES >>>> Sat May 07, 2011 4:59 pm

Antonym

Antonym
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

@StocksWatch - Just to endorse your point, here's what I mentioned on another thread:

Illiquid shares are not bad shares, per se, except that there is lower demand and supply.

There are at least 2 reasons why people buy shares - to resell or to hold. If you are a 'holder', it doesn't really matter that trading levels are low.

9ILLIQUID SHARES >>>> Empty Re: ILLIQUID SHARES >>>> Sat May 07, 2011 6:07 pm

StocksWatch


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Antonym wrote:
StocksWatch wrote:We should not be negative about a share just because it is illiquid, all other factors need to be considered in conjunction with each individual's investment strategy.
@StocksWatch: Of course... You are absolutely right.

Have you identified any such shares that are backed up by solid fundamentals?

Hi Antonym, according to my indetification, Alli, Reg and Renu are fairly illiquid shares from three different sectors that are backed up by relatively strong fundamentals. Alli may be fairly valued at the current price but the other two are clearly undervalued to the respective sector PER. What is your view on these?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum