FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months

+16
dougieboy
Balanced_Views
kukumarx
stevenapple
WildBear
piyalpy
NZ BOY
marusira
cse1981
VALUEPICK
dhanurrox
worthiness
Harry82
Sstar
SHARK aka TAH
Quibit
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:52 pm

Quibit

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

It's been long time since I last appeared in the Forum. I think it is more than 2 year ago. As you'll know I had to take a break with my family. Finally I am back for good. But I hope I still have the wisdom and the ability to predict things the way I did before.

I personally believe it is a good time to invest money in the stock market. My decision is based on following factors:

a) Falling interest rates to boost the stock market and domestic investments in Sri Lanka.
b) Steady USD Exchange Rates to smoothen the flow of Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) and ease BOP deficit.
c) Strong Political stability to help establish long term policies of the Government.
d) Consolidation of Banks to provide financial strength and support to all industries.
e) War Crimes allegations to slow down due to change of political leadership in India and UN.
f) Improved corporate earnings due to increase productivity and low interest rates on borrowing.
g) Sri Lanka to become the Financial and logistical hub of South East Asia.

All above factors and many unstated reasons makes me believe that we will have a robust economy and bullish stock market in 2014/15. My prediction is that ASI will reach 9,000 within next 24 months.

Last edited by Quibit on Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

2ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:03 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

welcome quibit, we have heard all the good things and there are so many members still active .... and i am sure this place wont be a strange place for you....

3ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:05 pm

Quibit

SHARK wrote:welcome quibit, we have heard all the good things and there are so many members still active .... and i am sure this place wont be a strange place for you....

Thanks Shark.

4ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:06 pm

Sstar

Sstar
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Welcome back Quibit. Good to have you here. Today is the Friday the 13th. I am speechless.

5ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:13 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

So nice of you to visit us here and make your self home and look forward to see some contribution....

We have lost some members due to personnel reasons and some have filled up the ranks.....in short period of time.....

And new and old are joining hands for the betterment of the forum.....

This has been your home and need no introduction.....

Good luck and welcome aboard again

6ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:18 pm

Harry82

Harry82

After 2 years GREG price Rs 2.00???

7ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:26 pm

worthiness

Outcome of item d) above cannot be predicted right now as positive or negative. Its success depends on business attitude required for necessary changes & the support from commercial institutions.

item e) becomes a tidal wave at intervals that cannot be refrained from noticing or recognising. Effective policy implementation may keep the deep sea in calm.

8ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:12 pm

dhanurrox

Fairy-tail.(family story).Sure you were hanging around.Anyway first lets be satisfied with 7000.

9ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:16 am

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

Irrespective of type of market it is time to identify some companies which are going to have great businesses in the coming years. Anything goes down will go up. Anything goes up without any valid reasons will go down.

10ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:09 am

Sstar

Sstar

Quibit:
Article posted by you in Feb 2012 is below.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t15792-why-am-i-so-pessimistic-about-sri-lanka-s-equity-market

11ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:16 am

cse1981

cse1981
Manager - Equity Analytics

if this 20 will go higher level
market will boost

1 JKH
2 CTC
3 COMB
4 NESt
5 SLTL
6 DIAL
7 CARS
8 BUKI
9 DIST
10 HNB
11 DFCC
12 SPEN
13 LOLC
14 LION
15 LLUB
16 NDB
17 SAMP
18 AHPL
19 CINS
20 AHUN

12ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:30 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

I think the Boost will be somewhat mix, some counters in the INDEX will loose its ground especially CTC on fundamental valuations. JKH too will be only able to be BULLISH over 240Rs otherwise if it is unable to pass most retailers and investors will start selling in small to create a BEARISH picture until at least 200-210 min.

HNB SPEN LLUB will see modest gains and its better to take and lock in profits with small stop losses

13ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:56 am

marusira

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

SHARK wrote:I think the Boost will be somewhat mix, some counters in the INDEX will loose its ground especially CTC on fundamental valuations. JKH too will be only able to be BULLISH over 240Rs otherwise if it is unable to pass most retailers and investors will start selling in small to create a BEARISH picture until at least 200-210 min.

HNB SPEN LLUB will see modest gains and its better to take and lock in profits with small stop losses
retailers cant controll JKH trend and uptrend mkt it will not comingdown to mor than 230s.
If ASI pass 6500 Jkh wii @ 260s....

14ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:25 pm

NZ BOY

NZ BOY

Quibit wrote:It's been long time since I last appeared in the Forum. I think it is more than 2 year ago. As you'll know I had to take a break with my family. Finally I am back for good. But I hope I still have the wisdom and the ability to predict things the way I did before.

I personally believe it is a good time to invest money in the stock market. My decision is based on following factors:

a) Falling interest rates to boost the stock market and domestic investments in Sri Lanka.
b) Steady USD Exchange Rates to smoothen the flow of Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) and ease BOP deficit.
c) Strong Political stability to help establish long term policies of the Government.
d) Consolidation of Banks to provide financial strength and support to all industries.
e) War Crimes allegations to slow down due to change of political leadership in India and UN.
f) Improved corporate earnings due to increase productivity and low interest rates on borrowing.

All above factors and many unstated reasons makes me believe that we will have a robust economy and bullish stock market in 2014/15. My prediction is that ASI will reach 9,000 within next 24 months.

well come quibit  I love you 

15ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:45 am

Sstar

Sstar

Quibit wrote:It's been long time since I last appeared in the Forum. I think it is more than 2 year ago. As you'll know I had to take a break with my family. Finally I am back for good. But I hope I still have the wisdom and the ability to predict things the way I did before.

Sunday Times

Enigma of interest rates

A judicious mix of interest rates is what makes an economy tick and that is one of the main challenges of the Central Bank (CB).
For an economy, savings is important to mobilise funds from the market which in turn could be lent to increase economic activity, create more jobs and put more money in the hands of people.

Therefore for savings to increase, interest rates must be attractive enough. On the flip side, high lending rates will not attract borrowers, and in turn stifles economic activity. Lower interest rates also affect a significant percentage of the population; those dependent (mostly pensioners) on fixed income deposits. The ‘crisis in dependence’ facing many depositors in failed finance companies is an example of how many people rely on this income.

On the positive side, a low interest rate regime stimulates the stock market, with more investors preferring to invest in this sector than in low interest, fixed deposits. The performance of companies has also been boosted by reduced interest rate costs and both these factors have been seen in recent months in the Colombo stock market. Another positive is that low interest rates should drive more investments, more borrowings.

However, low interest rates have not attracted many takers with credit growth among banks declining sharply while thousands of pensioners and others depending on fixed income from deposits have seen their earnings shrink.

This mysterious developments (or is there a ‘catch’ somewhere?) has not only stumped commercial banks but even the regulator. No one can pin down the ‘actual’ reasons why there has been slow growth in credit so much so that commercial banks and finance companies may further cut deposit rates because they are flushed with funds and no one to lend to.

Some bankers argue that low demand for credit is due to lack of business confidence while others believe it could be lack of confidence in the CB’s ability to sustain these rates for a reasonable period or suddenly switch to reverse gear.

Interest rates have been falling with the CB imposing a maximum limit in April on savings deposits in finance companies to 7.58 per cent per annum, and reciprocally savings rates much lower at commercial banks.

“May be credit growth is slow as the Central Bank’s track record of sustaining long periods of low interest is not good,” noted a stock market analyst.

Many fixed income earners say banks now add all kinds of extra costs and in addition to lower interest rates, other costs further reduce their monthly interest earnings. The Business Times has received several letters from pensioners and fixed income earners over the past few months complaining about ‘hidden’ costs by banks and their reduced earnings that is affecting the day-to-day existence. The crisis facing some finance companies and troubled forestry management company, Touchwood, is aggravating the situation and dampening enthusiasm among Sri Lankans who have money to invest but are confronted with these low interest rate issues.
In the last 12 months, fixed income earners have seen their earnings slump by at least 50 per cent.

Banks have been discussing the slow credit growth crisis with the regulator but few solutions are on the table other than the banks being repeatedly told to raise credit disbursement levels to stimulate the economy.

Last month the CB approved a credit guarantee scheme on pawning (gold) advances to resurrect this sector, which has also slowed down considerably. Bankers said the new guidelines provide for a CB guarantee on pawning advances on 65-80 per cent of the value of the pawned article, mainly for small farmers and small industrialists to increase economic activity in these sectors.

The CB, while acknowledging that credit flows to the private sector and public corporations contracted earlier this year, said in March that the ‘deceleration’ in credit growth is a temporary phenomenon. But when the situation worsened, the CB last month offered further incentives to stimulate pawning advances.

In a February 16, 2014 article titled “Central Bank’s low interest rate policy and economic pitfalls” in the Business Times, renowned economist and statistician Prof. S.S. Colombage argued that the CB is likely to continue the low interest rate regime for some time. Being a heavy borrower in the domestic money market, apart from borrowings from foreign sources, the government is an obvious beneficiary of low interest rates.

He believes reducing the government’s debt service burden may also have been a determining factor for monetary authorities to keep interest rates down though it is not explicitly acknowledged.

What are the danger signals that would arise out of a low interest rate scenario? Income levels for pensioners and fixed income earners would further slide and with borrowings on the downside, banks may continue to cut interest rates on ongoing deposits and new deposits, or add more ‘hidden’ costs.

This would force investors to seek other options, which are few – stock market or finance companies – to invest at a higher return. In any event, the return on investments would be at a single (below 10 per cent) digit level, not enough for a sizable segment of the population who solely depend on interest income to run households.

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/140615/business-times/enigma-of-interest-rates-103227.html

16ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:03 am

piyalpy

Very professional and positive facts. I think that your accuracy level will be very high. I don't have enough knowledge to say about your 9000 target.

17ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:25 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

6500 ASI is a possibility after last week GAINS.

18ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:18 pm

Sstar

Sstar

Quibit's Predictions seems becoming real!!!
I am glad that I am apart of Sri Lanka Equity Forum and its analytical team.

19ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:24 pm

NZ BOY

NZ BOY

yes ASPI crosses 6,500 mark for first time since 2011 this is gd sign for market

20ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:44 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Now 6865 is my next target.keeping my Basketball fingers crossed

21ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:12 pm

Quibit

I was not joking when I told you the ASI will eventually reach 9000. There are few more step before the market achieve that milestone.

-We need few more listing of large size companies on the CSE. These should be some of the state owned enterprises. This is the only way the Government can turn the private sector into the engine of country's growth.
-We need Political stability.
-We need to stabilize Rupee against all major currencies, maintain other key factors such as interest rates, inflation etc
-We need to consolidate international relationship with super powers of the world.
-We need regulations to prevent financial and other economic disasters.

22ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:27 pm

WildBear

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Quibit wrote:I was not joking when I told you the ASI will eventually reach 9000. There are few more step before the market achieve that milestone.

-We need few more listing of large size companies on the CSE. These should be some of the state owned enterprises. This is the only way the Government can turn the private sector into the engine of country's growth.
-We need to stabilize Rupee against all major currencies, maintain other key factors such as interest rates, inflation etc
-We need to consolidate international relationship with super powers of the world.

Regarding political issues, Newly elected BJP Indian Government last week strongly declared that it will not support any UN probe against Sri Lanka. This will really discourage other western countries as all other Asian super powers like China,Russia,Pakistan and Middle east countries are already against such resolution to be conducted in punitive manner.

I agree with you about Sri Lanka becoming an important hot spot in economic map. Experts already  recommend to sell Singapore assets and Buy Sri Lankan. After few days of the recommendation, we saw Singapore based private equity firm Calamander group willing to double their investment value in coming years.

Recent entry of US based Templeton fund in to HHL is also a positive sign, We'll see to which highs the CSE runs this time.

If economic relationship with India turns into a stronger one in coming years, We will see more and more Indian firms coming here for business.

23ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:47 pm

WildBear

"Re: Why am I so pessimistic about Sri Lanka's Equity Market

Post by WildBear on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:05 am
We had interest rates at more than 18% for some period before 2009, and stock market down hill. This was the exact time when most foreigners and local HNWI bought stocks and later sold in 2010-2011, so history repeats and people like you ready to sell down till ASI down to 4000; then I,m more than happy to buy such attractive stocks as It s highly likely that they can end up with multi baggers when the cycle reverses. I don,t think we will be able to enjoy high interest rates for longer period."

Above was my reply to your article mentioned below, in 2012 i.e 2 years back, But ASPI didn't come down to 4000, but only down to 4800.  Laughing 

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t15792-why-am-i-so-pessimistic-about-sri-lanka-s-equity-market#103237

24ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:44 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Quibit wrote:I was not joking when I told you the ASI will eventually reach 9000. There are few more step before the market achieve that milestone.

Absolute Truth  Basketball 

let me add few more
Improve in Human Rights
Improve Good Governance & Management in Public & Private Sector
Implement Rule of Law
Stop Politicking with Religious Lines to stay in Power
Encourage Strict penalty on Public Quoted Companies for infringements
 drunken 

25ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Empty Re: ASI to reach 9000 in 24 months Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:36 am

stevenapple

SHARK wrote:

Absolute Truth  Basketball 

let me add few more
Improve in Human Rights
Improve Good Governance & Management in Public & Private Sector
Implement Rule of Law
Stop Politicking with Religious Lines to stay in Power
Encourage Strict penalty on Public Quoted Companies for infringements
 drunken 

Paradigm shift of general public so that they wise enough to elect most suitable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum